Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 4 – The Unanswered Questions ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4 - The Unanswered Questions
 
A few hours later Quistis starts to come too as she looks around slowly noticing she is back in the Garden. As she looks to her left and right, she can see the others laying in the medical room also. Her mind flashed back to the battle, his attacks on her, for some reason where the worse of the attacks that he dished out. She begins to think if he would have honestly killed her.
 
But she does not have long to think as she sits up, looking around. “How did we get back here?” She thinks, as spots Laguna walking toward her. “How are you feeling?” He asks her, looking abit worried. Quistis just smiles, “Better now, but how did we get here and where is Allen?” she asks.
 
“Funny thing, we arrived just as he was slowly setting you on the ground. He then threw a weapon at us. After that, Ward charged him and a battle broke out, it took us about 3 hours to finally get the upper hand against him, as he would not leave your body.” Laguna says while looking at Quistis.
 
“What do you mean he wouldn't leave my body?” She asks softly. Laguna looks at her, “Well, he kept saying that we would not take the Queen and that he would give his life to keep us from getting you. We tried to reason with him, but that didn't work. So we where careful about attacking him while he was near you.”
 
“I see, where is he now?” Quistis asks. “Well he is still locked up on the ship with Ward and Kiros guarding him. He is not awake himself either.” Laguna replies. “But he did have this...” Laguna slowly hands her Allen's modded Gunblade.
 
“This Gunblade is as strong as Squall's but seems a lot lighter and faster.” Quistis said as she looked it over carefully. “Yeah that seems to be the case, it is also made out of metals that do not even exist yet.” Laguna says softly, “Maybe you should return to your room and rest or join everyone for the briefing in about 30 minutes if you feel up to it.” He slowly walks out of the room and down the hall to head toward the briefing.
 
Quistis thought for a minute, and then decided to join the briefing because she wondered what exactly happened after she passed out. She slowly starts heading to the Headmaster's Office, as pieces of the fight replay in her mind. She is still deep in thought when the elevator beeps to let her know she has arrived at the Headmaster's Office.
 
Everyone slowly looked up and watched as Quistis entered and had a seat, most of them were shocked that she was back up and walking so soon after the battle. “Well now we can get this meeting started,” Cid said. “We must first decide who exactly this young man is and what exactly to do with him.”
 
Quistis just sat and listened to them talk about him, that maybe he came across the Time Portal and somehow got stuck back in the past. She just kept listening and soon zoned out, as the battle played out in her head. She just kept remembering the part of him laying her down softly and turning back to the others and saying something about protecting the Queen.
 
Squall looked at Quistis and saw how she was zoned out then he turned to her and said, “Quistis is everything ok?” Quistis just looked at Squall and replied, “No, when I looked into his eyes at first I saw hate and destruction, but when I looked the second time, I saw love and care. When he was fighting you guys he did nothing more then what was needed. Something is unique about him, but what....”
 
Zell just eyed Quistis for a minute before speaking, “Maybe you should talk to him. I heard that he is starting to come too.” Squall just looked at Zell, “Do you think that is a wise idea? What about you Cid?” Squall's turns to look at Cid. “Well, that is up to Quistis really, we could use the information he will give her, but it is not right to force her to go talk to him,” Cid said quietly.
 
Quistis slowly stood up and nodded, “I will go speak to him right now.” She slowly left the room and got on the elevator heading down. She couldn't believe she was going to go talk to the person who almost killed her, but she felt something in her heart she had never fully felt before. As she slowly made her way to the holding center, she remembered him from class, always there before class starts, talking to her, bringing her apples and gifts.
 
She always would tell him Thank you, but that she couldn't accept them. He would just smile and leave them on her desk and walk away slowly, there was something about his eyes. She remembered what happened about 4 months after they returned from the future.
 
There was a mission she was on alone. She remembered running for her life after she walked into an ambush, but something came out of no where and saved her life, she only caught the look of the eyes before she passed out and woke back up in Garden, but she is sure that those where the same eyes she saw from Allen earlier. She never knew how she got back to the Garden that day, all anyone knew is a cloaked figure brought her into the Garden and to the doctor before disappearing.
 
Quistis slowly walked outside and toward the ship, as she thought about what she would say to him. Questions ran through her head but she knew, they where counting on her to ask the important questions, not questions she wanted answers to. She slowly entered the ship and walked up to the entrance of the holding cell, where Ward was standing guard.
 
He simply looked at her, then bowed opening up the door to let her enter. She slowly walked by him and said “Thank you,” as she entered the holding cell as the door shut. She could see Allen chained to the wall, with a magic barrier keeping him from doing any magic attacks also.
 
Quistis slowly looks at him, and the only word she can get out is “Why?” He simply looks at her and smiles a bit, “Why what my Queen?” She just snaps at him, “Why do you keep calling me that! Why did you attack so dangerous! Why are you even here?” She keeps snapping at him as he remains quiet, after a few minutes she realizes what she has done and looks down at the ground.
 
“There is no reason to be upset about your action. You have every right to ask those questions and get answers…” Allen says softly. Quistis looks at him “Then please answer them, for my sake.” Allen smiles softly, “I will. To answer your first question, you are my Queen. Maybe not in this reality anymore, but when you killed her, I was thrown from my reality into this one. I knew you were once a SeeD, so that's how I knew where to find you.”
 
Allen kept talking, “I knew you would be here, I knew exactly when to appear on that mission 4 months ago…” Quistis just looked at him before speaking, “Then you're the one who saved me?” Allen simply nodded, “Yes, had I not they would have done things to you. It happened in my reality, I choose to stop it from happening in this one.” Quistis eyed him slowly, “I…I…Th...”
 
Quistis tried to get the words out again, before Allen spoke up, stopping her, “It is ok. I did what was right. You where on a mission to help that poor family and I saw how you wanted the daughter to be able to go to a nice school. Well now she is, thanks to you.” Quistis just looked at Allen, “But I didn't do anything. You're the one who made the donation to the family. You're the hidden hand everyone has been talking about!”
 
Allen just smiled some, “Yes, where I came from evil, hate, and disgust ruled hearts and minds. You became Queen and that began to change and I became your bodyguard.” Quistis looked into Allen's eyes and shook her head slowly, “That's not the only thing, you fell in love didn't you?” Allen looked down at the ground, “Yes I did, but it doesn't matter, I could not allow you to return it even if you wanted. That would have given you a weakness that the evilness could use. But when you and your team beat her, my reality shattered for unknown reasons, but for some reason I still existed. I wondered the Time Plane for years, until I ran into Squall and Rinoa.”
 
Quistis just kept looking at him, “You ran into them?” Allen spoke back up, “Well I saw them and I knew if that they where alive, then I could find you and save you. So I easily entered the Garden and took the SeeD tests passing them all perfectly.” Quistis laughed some before speaking, “I guess we spoke of the tests?” Allen nodded slowly, “Yes that's how I knew about the mission and the test answers. I know what will happen next too.” Allen smiled softly at her, “And I want you to know I do not blame you, serving and protecting you has been one of my greatest honors.”
 
Quistis simply looked at him, “What do you mean?” Allen looked into her eyes, “They plan to execute me. It is ok, my Queen. I don't belong here.” There is a small knocking on the door, as it slowly opens. Allen looks at Quistis one last time “Before they do it, I just want you to know that I do love you and always have.” He smiled softly at her for a second, and then his eyes shifted to the door as 4 armed guards walk in and then carry him with the magic barrier on him as Squall walks into the room after they take him out.
 
Quistis looked at Squall, “Where are they taking him?” Squall just looked at the ground before answering “They are taking him to the cave. He is to be executed by summoning a GF to do it.” A horrible look came across Quistis's face as she yelled “They aren't really going to do that are they?” Squall just looked at her “He tried to kill you, don't feel sorry for him. He is being punished.” Quistis just ran toward the door, pushing Squall out of the way as she ran for the exit of the ship.
 
She ran until she reached the woods then stopped. She didn't understand why she cared if they executed him, he had almost killed her. But his eyes when they met hers made her heart feel something she has never felt before. She remembered when he saved her life, how he was always there to help try and brighten her day. That's when she decided she had to do something to stop them. She remembered about the student's belongs being stored in a huge room in the Garden.