Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 6 – Quistis’s Doubts ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 6 - Quistis's Doubts
 
Quistis just stared out the window as the train got under way. She couldn't believe what she had just done. She knew, she had just thrown away all of her years of training and status as a SeeD to save him. She slowly looked his way and begins to thought, “I just gave everything up. I have no idea why, but I have no regrets.” She smiled softly as she looked at Allen who was asleep on the other couch.
 
She just kept watching the outside go by as she turned on the radio on the desk. This radio was tuned into the SeeD Commander Center. “Attention all SeeD Personal, all pending and current orders are hereby ordered delayed. New orders as follows, the capture of Former SeeD member Quistis Trepe and SeeD Cadet Allen Chere. They are to be capture ASAP and are considered dangerous. Last known heading was toward Timber. All actions to catch them are hereby authorized. Deadly Force is also authorized. That is all.” The radio then went silent as she looked out the window, now realizing how serious things had become.
 
She was surprised to hear the radio being clicked off, as she turned and looked at Allen, who turned and looked at her. He simply looked at her before he spoke, “Listen, you didn't have to do that. I was willing to accept my punishment. There is something very da...” He was unable to finish the words as for some reason, Quistis had leaned over and put her lips to his. She suddenly realized what she had done as she quickly turned away and managed only to say sorry, before looking down. Allen looked at her smiling softly, “its ok. I just wanted to tell you about everything, but if you got me out, then you already know.”
 
Quistis nodded slowly, “I couldn't let them kill you. Something inside wouldn't let me. You saved me once and were always so nice to me. If you wanted to hurt me you could have already done it. But I wanted to know why at Research Lab you didn't seem yourself…” Allen looks at her, “While in the Time Void, before I came across Squall and Rinoa, I was attacked by a very evil being. I managed to defeat it, only by locking it inside of me. It was planning to follow Squall and Rinoa back and I couldn't allow that. So I decided only one person needed to suffer and I choose myself.”
 
Quistis looked at his eyes, while he was telling her about it, they seem full of pain and suffering. “Is there anything we can do? I mean there has to be something.” Allen slowly shook his head no, then spoke “Nothing can be done for now, while the SeeD members chase us. We will have to keep running for now. We should get off the next time the train stops, you can be sure SeeD will be waiting at Timber for us.”
 
Quistis looked over and nodded to him. “Your right, we should get ready to get off at the next stop coming up here in a minute.” She says softly as she stands up. Quistis slowly grabbed the box containing her weapon, while Allen, opened up the case containing his Gunblade. “It seems intact, we may need our weapons to fight off any SeeD who might already be at the stop.” Allen says while swinging his Gunblade around, then turns and sees her carrying the case he couldn't open.
 
Quistis speaks softly “This case had the suit I used to get you out of the camp, along with a few other items. I decided it would just be easier to bring one case, then all three. So I put everything in this case.” Allen looked at her softly, before speaking, “That case was locked with a DNA seal. Meaning only you could open it. I am guessing you also found out about me.” Quistis slowly nodded, as the train stopped. She quickly walked to the door and opened it, before speaking, “We should hurry and get out of here. If that order is passed down, then the others are on the way I bet.”
 
Allen agreed and walked out after her exiting the train. He slowly looked around, before spotting the Ragnarok flying over head and he slowly thought “Damnit, looks like they have caught up with us. But I will not go so easily, nor will I allow them to get there hands on her.” He slowly watched as it landed. He quickly grabbed Quistis's hand and took off running at top speed, dragging her along.
 
Quistis knew why he was running, she had spotted them also. She knew that they wouldn't be able to outrun Squall and the others for long. They had the advantage of faster travel while they where just on foot. Quistis seemed shocked as Allen quickly entered a forest with her and dragged her inside a cave. “Please step back,” he said softly to her. She quickly nodded as she watched him take his Gunblade out as it soon was surrounded by a blue glow.
 
“Shattering Earth!” Allen said as quickly shoved his Gunblade into the ground. A few seconds later a huge column of rock shot up out of the ground, sealing the entrance with them inside. Quistis slowly looked at Allen, and thought for a second before speaking, “Is there a reason why you blocked our only way out?” Allen simply smirked and nodded, then spoke “If these caves are like the ones that existed in my world, then it's simply a matter of following them. They will take us to the tracks that link to FH. After that,” he looked at her with his blue eyes, filled with something she couldn't tell yet “I don't know. But I promise I will protect you no matter what.”
 
Quistis looked at him for a minute as she then sat the case she had been carrying down, before sitting down herself. She thought for a minute, “What can I say? There is nothing I could possible say.” She told herself, but there was simply a voice in the back of her head, “Why do you lie? You have been attracted to him since you first saw him. The gifts, the nice chats, him saving your life, your in love with him, that's why you saved his life. You just couldn't tell him because you where a SeeD and he just a student. Now you are both equals.”
 
She shook her head as more thoughts entered her mine, “No. I'm not in love with him, it's just another misunderstood love, just like with Squall. I saved him because it was the right thing to do. Nothing more.” The voice in the back of her said spoke again, “Why lie to yourself? You kissed him, that kiss was planned. You wanted to kiss him, you wanted to feel your lips on his. Why do you keep lying to yourself? You believe it will change these feelings? You know it won't.”
 
Allen looked over toward her and could tell she was lost in thought. He simply quietly walked away in order not to disturb her and to find them some food and water. As he found a lake, he sat down and thoughts began to run across his mind. “Why didn't I kiss her back? I have been waiting for something like that for a very long time. I can't believe I blew that chance.” He just stared down at the water, as he could remember her face every morning when he walked in. He would always ask her how her day and night was, he would bring her fresh fruit because he knew she didn't get out much.
 
But she always just looked at him smiling, but he could see the pain in her eyes. The pain of being alone and rejected. He then remembered his first encounter with her. It was a very stormy night and the mission was on had just went very bad. He had been watching from above, remembering the story he was told. He watched as she fought off five guys easy. But she was soon out numbered and had her weapon stripped from her. He watched as the guys knocked her to the ground and smirked as they got ready to have fun with her.
 
He gripped his Gunblade and jumped down charging the group of guys. He didn't care he was out numbered, he was not about to let them do what they wanted to her. He charged them as they rushed toward him, his weapon met their weapons as he slowly beat each one down. When they realized they couldn't win they took off, leaving her on the ground. He walked up, looking down in Quistis eyes watching her slowly trying to put something in his hand, as she slowly spoke, “This….little….girl….” That was all she managed to get out before she passed out.
 
Allen had known what she wanted, he made arrangements so the little girl Quistis spoke of got to go to a good school. Rumors went about a silent hand that took care of those in need. He even used those rumors when he returned her to Garden, but that didn't go as he planned. He just wanted to leave her in the doctor's care, but as he turned around, the cloak cover he had on was caught and got pulled off. He stood there in his wet SeeD Cadet Uniform, while both the Doctor and Headmaster Cid saw him lay her down.
 
But neither of them said nothing as he quickly picked up the cloak and put it back on, before jumping back out the window. He assumed they only saw the SeeD Uniform, not his face. They used the silent hand rumor about who bought Quistis back to the Garden with the shape she was in.
 
Quistis was still fighting with her own thoughts before she looked up and noticed Allen was gone. She also noticed his Gunblade was still in the ground from where he slammed it to block the entrance so she knew he couldn't have went far. She watched as he walked up a few minutes later with two packs of water and some food. Allen smiled as he handed her some of the water and pulled handed her some of the food. She nodded and ate some of the food, noticing it was cooked fish as she drunk some of the water.