Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 10 – A Day in Waiting ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 10 - A Day in Waiting
 
Allen quietly left the room after he made sure Quistis was sleeping. He slowly walked into the base's training area and begins to practice with his Gunblade. Seifer was watching from above then jumped down and looked at him, before saying, “Hey kid, how about a rematch? Unless you don't think you can win.”
 
Allen simply smirked at looked at Seifer, “You really want to spar again? Fine with me, give me all you got!” Allen said, smirking at this remark. Seifer charged him, swinging his Gunblade, Allen quickly blocked with his Gunblade as they got into a struggle. “Damnit,” Seifer thought, “This guy is something else, even in his weaken state he's evenly matched with me!”
 
Allen smirked seeing Seifer was having a hard time with the struggle as he quickly did a foot sweep knocking Seifer off-balance. Seifer quickly caught the ground with his hand, pushing himself back in the air some. Allen saw this and jumped up above him, nailing him in the back of the head knocking him into the ground.
 
“Is that all you got? I mean come on, this isn't even a warm up!” Allen said laughing abit. “If you want a fight, I will give you one…” Someone said from the side, Allen quickly turned and saw Quistis standing there. “You're kidding me right? I will not fight you, not in your shape.”
 
Quistis just smiled as his remark and snapped her weapon told him which he quickly dodged, “What's the matter Allen? Your not scared all of a sudden are you? I am sure you can't win.” Allen looked at her, his eyes not wavering, then he spoke, “Fine, give me all you got Quistis, and don't hold back.” Quistis nodded then spoke, “Just one rule, weapons only.” She simply touched her stomach to show her reasoning why.
 
Allen smiled and nodded to show he understood, as he charged Quistis with his Gunblade drawn. She quickly snapped her whip, making a direct hit on the Gunblade, as Allen dodged to the left. “Wrong move!” She quickly shouted before snapping her whip and making a direct hit on his arm, drawing abit of blood. Allen smirked, seeing her able to hit him as he suddenly charged her again before jumping into the air.
 
“That won't work on me!” She shouted as she snapped her whip into the air, but the image that was there vanished. “What happened?” She says before she looks down at the Gunblade an inch from her neck. “You lose, but you fight good.” Allen says smirking abit, while looking right into her eyes. Quistis just smiles and nods, “I accept my defeat,” she says softly.
 
Seifer slowly got back to see feet as he shook his head, “Damn you, we are going again.” He yells as he charges Allen. Allen leads him away from Quistis so she doesn't get hurt as they go at it full power. “How can your power be returning this fast?” Seifer asks seeming confused and growing pissed off at how fast Allen's speed and power are recovering.
 
“Easy, my training has made my body learn how to recover faster.” He says as he smirks and jumps back. He slowly looks at Seifer before spinning his Gunblade in the air, “Let me show you a true Limit Break!” Allen says smirking, his Gunblade slowly begins to glow, as Quistis watched on.
 
“Pained Shot!” Allen shouted as he fired three shots from his Gunblade stunning Seifer as he charged him, knocking him into the air. Once in the air, Allen began to swing his Gunblade down toward Seifer, who managed to block in time, allowing Allen an open for a kick in the stomach, which sent him flying into the wall. After hitting the wall, Seifer falls to the ground, unable to move.
 
Allen lands on the ground, smirking and looking over to Seifer, “He will be out for about an hour or so. Sad thing is that move was only at ten percent power. He's good to be able to block it at that. Most people can't block it if it's higher then five percent.” Allen said as he walked over to Quistis smiling.
 
“Are you sure you're feeling well to be up? I mean we leave for Esthar later, you should be resting for the trip.” Allen told her softly. Quistis just looked at him smiling, “I will be fine, I am sure SeeD wouldn't attack us. Besides if they do, we will have to defend ourselves. So some training will help,” she says softly.
 
Allen simply shook his head, “No if we are attacked I will lead them away, we can't risk you getting hurt,” he said looking at her. Quistis just growled abit at that remark before speaking, “I am not some helpless person you know! I am a trained SeeD!” Allen spoke up quickly, “Former SeeD? Remember you got kicked out. Besides don't be so hard headed! You have other things to take care of!”
 
Quistis just looked at him before turning away, “I am not a CHILD. Allen, I will fight. You understand that?” She spoke very angry toward him. “No you won't. I can't allow you to be hurt!” Allen spoke, not backing down. “You know what? I don't need your permission or HELP!” She said before storming out.
 
Allen simply shook his head knowing he shouldn't have argued. “I guess that makes you in the doghouse?” Seifer said slowly getting up, having caught the chat between them. “I guess so.” Allen said softly. Quistis stood outside of the door listening to them, crying some because of the way Allen was treating her.
 
“Why does he tell me I can't fight?” She thought to herself as she listened to them chat. “You know she has a point Allen, she should be allowed to fight if SeeD attacked. I can't hold them off alone, and I doubt you could either.” Seifer said looking at Allen. “That's not the point Seifer, the point is she could get hurt or even worse.” Allen spoke before walking to a different door.
 
“Afraid of losing her?” Seifer said watching him. “I have once, it WILL NOT happen again. Even if it costs me my life,” Allen said before walking out of the other door and walking toward the temporary rooms they where given. Quistis stood there and realized why he asked her not to fight. It wasn't because he thought she was weak, it was because he didn't want to lose her. For the first time she felt what Squall did when he risked his life for Rinoa in space. She had someone willing to risk the same thing for her.
 
Allen was already laying in the bed trying to get some sleep when Quistis entered the room. She just stood by the door looking at him, wondering if what he said was true. She walked over and laid in the bed next to him before speaking, “Allen, what you told Seifer. Is it true? Would you really give your life in order to save mine?” Allen turned and faced her, looking straight into her eyes and gave her an answer she thought she wouldn't hear, “In a heartbeat.”