Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Where we came from and where we will go to ❯ Monster slaying and a new ally ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

6.Monster slaying and a new ally

The poor monsters that Zidane and Kuja came across on their way left the world of the living within seconds. The money they left behind filled the Genomes' pockets.

"We could become professional monster slayers.", Zidane joked.

Kuja chuckled. He hadn't talked much since they were travelling.

"What do you think we should do with all the money?", Zidane asked.

"Save it for bad times?", Kuja suggested. He was not in the mood to talk about financial matters.

Zidane sighed and decided to drop the topic.

The walked for another while until they ran into a green, snake-like monster.

"Haven't seen any like this before…", Zidane wondered and readied himself for battle.

The creature was tougher than it looked, not giving in to the brothers' immense powers.

It seemed to be resistant against anything the two tried to finish it off.

They grew rather exhausted after a while, not used to such long fighting. This, the reptile used to its own advantage and attacked, reducing the genomes' health.

The situation was slowly becoming quite dangerous.

But all of a sudden, a blast of white energy threw the creature into the air and against a rock, knocking it out, so it was easy for Zidane to finish the job.

He looked around to find out where the blast had come from, only to discover a female figure smiling at him.

He studied her more closely.

She looked young, maybe around twenty, her hair was brown and wavy, coming down past her shoulders in a ponytail. Her eyes were a bright green. She was pretty tall and slim. The robe she wore was white with silver flowers embroided on it and in her right hand was a white and silver staff.

"Did you do that?", Zidane asked.

"Yes.", she answered in a melodic voice, "I thought you two could need some help."

"Well then, thanks", Zidane said.

"Yes, thank you.", Kuja added.

"It was really no problem.", she replied.

"Could we know whom we are dealing with?", Kuja asked.

"Oh, of course.", the young woman answered, "How rude of me not to introduce myself right away. My name is Akasha Tao, pleased to meet you.", She bowed gracefully, "May I also know your names?"

"Sure thing.", Zidane replied, "Zidane Tribal." He shot his widest grin at her.

"Pleased to meat you, mister Tribal.", Akasha said.

"No need for formality, just call me Zidane."

"Ok then.", Akasha replied, "And what about you?" She looked at Kuja, who seemed a little nervous in the female's presence.

`should I tell her?' , he thought, `what if she heard of who I am?'

"Well?", Akasha said, "Did you bite your tongue?"

Kuja decided to test her.

"Before I will answer your question, I want to ask you what you know about the late war."

"Oh,", Akasha replied, "I didn't hear much about it. You see, I have been quite occupied the last year, so I didn't really recognise what was going on. Plus, I lived pretty isolated up until now, so the war didn't come very close towards my home. I only heard people saying how cruel it was and how much was destroyed. Other than that, I don't know anything…But why are you asking?"

"…nothing.", Kuja replied, relieved that she obviously had not heard of who caused the whole war. It was safe to tell her his name, then.

"Now then, will you answer my previous question, or will I have to call you Mr. Nameless?"

"Sorry,", Kuja apologised, "My name is Kuja and I'm very pleased to meet you." He bowed and kissed her hand.

"You seem an extraordinary person, dear Kuja.", Akasha said.

"Thank you.", Kuja replied, a little embarrassed.

"Well then,", Akasha spoke, "You two don't come to be headed for Alexandria?"

"We are.", Zidane replied, "Just we'll be making a stop in Lindbulm."

"Oh, that is not bad at all.", Akasha said, "Would you mind if I join you?"

"I won't.", Zidane answered, "Kuja?"

"No problem with me.", Kuja replied.

"Thank you.", Akasha said, smiling, "I'll be enjoying travelling with you."

AN: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I did it!!! I am so great!!!

Ok, enough hyper-ness ^.^

Hope you enjoyed Akasha's introduction, she's gonna become really important, especially to Kuja ^.~