Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Emblem: POR~Funny That ❯ Funny That 0: The Odd Feeling ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance~Funny That
Genre: Romance/Humour
Pairings: Ike+Elincia. Slight Ranulf+Lethe
 
I haven't done a Fire emblem fic before, so I just figured, hey, why not?
Disclaimer: Ha! I'm gonna get sick of saying this eventually, but I don't own Fire emblem POR or any other fire emblem for that matter.
Prologue isn't funny by the way!
 
Prologue: Funny That 0: The Odd Feeling
He hissed at himself, trying to tear his gaze away, but he couldn't. A certain green haired swordmaster was observing, eyebrow raised upwards slightly in amusement. A warrior with dark green hair strapped his axe to his back, beaming at the collection of people sitting around the table.
 
“Well, I gotta go. Can't leave Mist and Rolf alone, who knows what they'll get up to…”
 
He proceeded to wink at the collection of people suggestively, earning an eyeroll from a certain red haired paladin.
 
“Honestly Boyd…what on earth do you think innocent kids like Rolf and Mist are going to get up to? I'm pretty sure your younger brother doesn't even know what you were just implying is.”
 
Boyd pouted, bringing a hand and running it through his mass of hair.
 
“Geez, calm down Titan. I was only kidding.”
 
He waved at them with a goodbye motion of his hand and turned around to leave, whistling as he did so. Titania, the red haired paladin, sighed in exasperation, shaking her head. Stefan was going to laugh, but he then noticed Ike shift. The young blue haired lord's eyes were fixed upon a certain green haired royalty. Not that she was aware of course. His blue eyes wavered with emotion and groaning, Ike brought his hand to his forehead.
 
Soren, the half laguz, half beorc (sp?) glanced at his friend curiously, wondering about his odd change in behaviour. If Soren knew the right magic, he would try and read Ike's mind, yet he did not, so therefore he could not. Every other person had noted Ike's unusual behaviour, but only Mist, Titania and Stefan seemed to understand it.
 
Eventually, everyone had left the table and had gone off exploring the castle of Crimea, leaving an unaware Ike still gazing at the princess, or now rather Queen. Stefan though had dawdled, watching the emotion battle in Ike's eyes.
 
`Gah, this is ridiculous! I try and pry my gaze away and yet I can't! Why can't I?'
 
`Isn't it obvious?'
 
`Eh? Who are you?'
 
`I am your…how do I put this…logic.'
 
`O…k…'
 
`You don't believe me.'
 
`Say something logical then.'
 
`Ok, being obviously logical, the reason you cannot take your gaze off Elincia is because you hold high feelings for her.'
 
Stefan was a tad confused when Ike's staring at Elincia halted, for him to look up at the ceiling, puzzlement evident in his expression. He rubbed his temples gently, easing the upcoming headache, before resuming his inner conversation.
 
`What high feelings? Respect?'
 
`Well, you do respect her, but that's involved with something bigger.'
 
`Uh…she's royalty?'
 
`You really couldn't give a damn if she was or wasn't.'
 
`Got that right! Hey, why did I say that?'
 
`Y'know what?'
 
`What?'
 
`I suppose you'll have better luck talking to Stefan.'
 
`Who? What? Where? Hey, what do you mean? Is Stefan still here?'
 
After a while, Stefan was becoming rather concerned at the assortment of emotions that varied upon Ike's face. Then, the blue haired lord whipped his head around, dazed expression in place, to meet Stefan's eyes. The green haired man laughed heartily while Ike groggily scanned his surroundings, until he regained a more sobered state of mind. He glanced at Stefan questioningly, eyebrow arched.
 
The swordmaster smiled wistfully as he watched Ike stare him down like he was some sort of threat. Finally, Ike calmed himself down a bit and gawked at Stefan, a wary air still about him.
 
“Hey, why are you waiting for me?”
 
Stefan grinned at the younger boy he had sparred with and trained during the later days in the war campaign against Daein.
 
“Waiting to help you more so!”
 
Ike blinked in confusion, blue eyes holding this emotion clearly. He shook his head slightly, as if dismissing what he had just heard. “Ike, I know your deepest, darkest secret that you are not even aware is your deepest darkest secret yet.”
 
Ike scratched the back of his head thoughtfully, before he gave Stefan a defiant look. Surely he didn't mean that Ike read Mist and Rolf bed time stories every night, if that got out, he'd never hear the end of it from Boyd…
 
…But Stefan had said he himself did not know what it was. This perplexed Ike. If he was not in knowledge of his deepest darkest secret, how on earth was Stefan? The questions in Ike's head was giving him pains, so he refrained from thinking on what it was until Stefan revealed it to him.
 
“Your high feelings for Elincia.”
 
Shock shot across Ike's face. He'd sworn he had heard that exact line and recalled it like it was yesterday, though then he finally remembered he had heard it about a minute ago and he had been the one to say it. Or rather, the logical part of him anyway…
 
“What…high feelings?” Ike replied accusingly in a higher voice than he had intended. Stefan's brow rose yet again in amusement at Ike's actions.
 
“Your high feelings.”
 
“What feelings?”
 
“Ha, ha. You really are dense at some things.”
 
“Wha? Who are you calling dense?”
 
“You Ikey boy.”
 
“I'm not dense, I swear! If you disagree…”
 
“I had my Vague Katti refurbished recently.”
 
“Gah! Who cares!”
 
“Hmm…interesting. Usually, that makes people back off. You're awfully touchy in the discussion of your high feelings for Elincia, y'know.”
 
“WHAT HIGH FEELINGS!?” Ike exclaimed.
 
Silence.
 
Stefan shook his head, humming to himself gently and trying not to laugh.
 
Sweat was coming down Ike at 90 miles an hour and he couldn't turn around to face a certain person whom he felt gaping at him.
 
“Ano…my Lord Ike?”
 
Tensing, but realising he could not ignore her now, he turned to find the source of the angelic voice to his ears, staring at him with concern glittering in her brown eyes. He smiled at Elincia, though it was strained and she knew.
 
“Yes, please don't worry Queen Elincia, I am fine.”
 
Elincia continued staring at him in doubt, before nodding slowly and being dragged off to meet with suitors. Ike hated being so formal with her in public, but then again they had not met just as themselves since Crimea was restored. Ike sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Making her do things she was absolutely new to, making her work hard, and dragging her off to meet suitors…
 
At this thought his fingers dug into his scalp. He wrenched his hand out of his hair. Stefan's face lit up with inquisitiveness as he watched the way Ike's eyes now darkened. He grinned, knowing exactly what had crossed his mind.
 
Ike focused once more on Stefan, who had his eyes closed and was humming again. He appeared to be musing, and Ike, aggravated by his own thoughts, was now too fed up to play games and wait for the answer. “Stefan! Give me an answer to your riddle!”
 
Moments past until Stefan opened one of his eyes and peeked up at Ike, a sly grin on his face. Ike was definitely agitated. But, there was something to draw out of him first…
 
“Ike, y'know, there is this young prince called Andrew..,'
 
“LOOK. Stefan, just answer..,”
 
“I heard he is one of Elincia's suitors..,'
 
“(Slams hand down on table) Look, this is something I don't need to be thinking about…”
 
“I heard Elincia really likes him…”
 
“STEF..!”
 
Ike abruptly halted, disbelief on his face while Stefan sat there, looking confused and concerned for Ike on the outside, though his eyes were glimmering with mischief.
 
“Ike?”
 
Ike promptly sat down, a blank expression on his face. Stefan sighed, shaking his head. It would take Ike only a few more moments to…
 
 
“WHAT! How the heck could she like a suitor! She's not meant to like the suitors! She's meant to like her gallant knight in shining armour! Its how all the fairy tales end! It's…”
 
“Jealousy.” Stefan finished for him in a sing song voice, grinning from head to toe.
 
A dumb founded look graced his features as he leant back into his chair, gazing in a dazed manner at the ceiling, before looking back at Stefan with the same expression.
 
“I'm…jealous?”
 
Stefan nodded vigorously.
 
`Yes! I made him get it! One point to Ike! Maybe he isn't so dense after all!'
 
“Why?”
 
`Ah, so perhaps he is.'
 
“Gah, your young generation today. So foolish and dense…”
 
“But, you're less than ten years older than me…”
 
“Moving on. I guess I am going to have to put it bluntly.”
 
“Oh come on, what is it? Just be blunt already…”
 
“You love Elincia.”
 
“Just tell me for the love of..! I wha..? Oh…ah…oh.”
 
If you are expecting for Ike to suddenly go and rush to Elincia, profess his undying love for and such as well as sweeping her off her feet, then I have to inform you you're gonna have to wait, because it seemed his brain had technical difficulties while processing this information. He sort of well…
 
`Ike fainted…wow. Didn't figure he had it in him. It takes a real man to faint so gracefully.'
 
Stefan was referring to the slumped figure on the floor.
 
He blinked at Ike curiously, glanced around for a bit and then it came to him it must have been a lot to take if Ike had fainted.
 
“Funny that.”
Tsuzuku
A/N: Some of it was most likely OCC, but its meant to be. Sorry if you didn't like the OCCness though. I don't particularly know why, but I loved Stefan when I got him on POR. His sword was bloody amazing though : D. As it's the prologue, it's a bit shorter than the actual coming chapters. I never actually have an update date, so just…look for it I guess.
 
If you liked, please R+R
 
If you want to give constructive criticism, thank you!
 
If you want to flame me to the depths of hell, then you can flame twelve year old me all ya want (Hope ya don't though)
 
Bye!