Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ My Pet ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kyou was glad to finally be well enough to be out in the sun. Having been bed ridden, Kyou didn't want his body to get weaker, especially when he still wished to beat Yuki even if the bet was pretty much off. With Haru being away at school, and Kyou himself not quite that well yet, he imagined a sparing partner as he punched and kicked into the air. Akito sat silently on the seat in front of the window she enjoyed it she enjoyed watching him act this way. Maybe with him around she wouldn't feel alone. She smirked at ever kick hearing the cat bell around his neck.
 
He had become so accustomed to the ringing of the bell around his neck that he hardly noticed it, but since he was moving much more than he had in the past couple of days, so he was beginning to notice it once again. Becoming embarassed and annoyed with it, he stopped moving. He then had an unsettling feeling that he was being watched. He turned his head to look all around until his eyes fell upon Akito by the window. Kyou blushed, but raised a hand in a slight wave toward her.
 
She blushed slightly when he waved to her. "Do you want me to take the bell off of you?" She slowly moved her hand to her chest pulling a key out on the necklace.
 
His blush became much darker as he turned his back to her to hide it. "No.." He muttered before continueing his practice. As it embarassed him, especially if anyone were to find out, he found himself enjoying wearing the bell and being Akito's pet more and more each day.
 
She smiled faintly as she turned away coughing hard into her hands. She was starting to feel the chill in the air now and it was starting to take its toll on her weak body. She wanted to watch him, but it was hard on her.
 
As he moved to kick, Akito's coughing distracted him and caused him to loose his balance and fall on his back. He pushed himself back up to his feet and walked quickly to the window. "Hey, you okay?"
 
She nodded lightly as she looked back up to him. "... I have to close the window its getting to cold in my room..." She spoke sadly as she started to slide the window close.
 
He noticed that sadness in her voice again. In the back of his mind he still found it strange that it bothered him as much as it did. He put his hand to the window to keep Akito from closing it. "Step back." He stepped up onto the windowsill, bringing himself up and into the room through the window. He turned around to close the window behind him.
 
She stepped back and out of his way her eyes watching the young neko climb through the window. "You didn't have to come in Kyou I trust you enough not to run away." She spoke softly moving over to the bed taking a seat.
 
"I just got cold. That's it." He snapped at her, a blush on his cheeks once again. Really, he wanted her company just as much as she wanted his. Once he felt his blush fade, he walked over to her bed and took a seat beside her.
 
Akito moved to her knees kneeling in front of him she started to run her slinder fingers threw his orange hair. "... If you like you can go to your master's to train..."
 
Kyou blushed softly, his lips parting slightly as he felt her gentle fingers. He had come to love the way she ran her fingers through his hair. He snapped out of his state of bliss a few moments after hearing Akito speak. "Huh? Oh, right. I'll start going again in a few days, when I'm fully cured."
 
"Did you take your medicene?" She slowly slide into the cat's lap knowing he was going to stay with her now. "If you don't take your medicene you will never get well and you will never beat that rat."
 
He gently pressed his lips to her's in a soft kiss, which looked far more natural and affectionate than their first kiss. How could he have gone from fearing and hating someone to caring for that same person the way he cared for her? He didn't understand it at all, but he didn't question this feeling too much. "Yea, I took it. And you know I'm gonna kick rat boy's ass!"
 
She giggled softly before turnning away coughing hard. Ever cough caused her frail body to shake violently. She looked back up to the cat after her coughing fit had ended. "...If you don't beat him then you'll never get that stupid girl you think so highly of..."
 
His face plainly showed his concern as he placed his hand onto her back. He glared slightly as he heard her speak. "I told you not to talk about her that way." A light blush came to his cheeks as his hand reached up to her chest, the tip of his index finger running against the key on her necklace. "Besides...I'm...I'm yours, so don't worry about her."
 
She watched his playfully hand play with the key. "... As I told you before I only have a few more years to live then I'll be dead and out of all of your lives forever..." She spoke softly her voice filled with sadness as she reached back unhooking the necklace.
 
He moved his hand up from the necklace to her cheek. "I know, but I'll still be yours until then. I...I really care about you, Akito. I'm not with you because of any deal anymore. I'm happy to be your...pet." His cheeks became lightly flushed as he brushed a soft kiss against her cheek.
 
She blushed faintly at the tender kiss he gave her flushed cheeks. She slid her arms around his neck hugging him close to her body as she burried her head in his neck. "... Thank you for careing about me..."
 
His arms wrapped firmly around her body, a light smile coming to his lips. "There's not really anything to thank me for. I mean, you care about me too, right?"
 
She nodded lightly looking to him. "... I'm the only one that ever will." She spoke softly petting him like a kitten.
 
He nodded and pressed his lips to her's in a quick kiss. "That's why I'm with you, Akito...Akito-sama." It felt strange to address her with such respect, when he had never really done it with anyone, but he wanted to make her happy. He truly believed that the girl Akito referred to as stupid was different, but he wasn't about to upset Akito by argueing it.
 
She listened to him speak then shiver. "... Please do not call me that... Hatori and the other older males refer to me with that name when we are alone together..." She spoke softly hidding her face.
 
He sighed in relief after she was done speaking. "Good, because I hate calling you that." She rested quietly with him now enjoying his warmth every now and then she would tap the bell to hear it ring. He blushed softly as he looked off to his side. He still wasn't quite used to holding Akito in his arms while on her bed.
 
"... Kyou will you miss me when I die...?" She spoke in a mono tone as she cuddled closer to the cat for comfort.
 
His eyes widened slightly as he looked back toward her. "Of course I will."
 
"... Thank you..." She spoke softly sliding away from him to lay down on the bed covering up.
 
"...Yea...you're welcome." He stayed in place where he sat on the bed, his crimson eyes watching over her.
 
She reached over to him placeing her hand on his thigh playing with the velcro pocket. "... I envy you..."
 
He blinked, confused about what she meant. "For what?"
 
"You can leave this box and not get sick." She spoke softly as she slide her hand down to his knee. "To laugh, to play, to love."
 
He looked over the bed sheets as he thought for a moment. "Well...you've been outside before..." He turned his head to look at her again. "Do you want to try going out on a date?"
 
"I wish, but I would only get sicker then I am now... You saw how sick I got just by sitting on the windown seel..." She lowered her head sadly looking away.
 
He cursed himself in his head, seeing his attempt to cheer her up backfire. He reach down, running his fingers through her hair. "Then I'll just spend some time in here with you."