Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ One Last Time ❯ Heaven Tonight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heaven Tonight

"Watch it, I don't care," I muttered angrily, shoving the DVD case into her, my heart dying inside as I heard her gasp. I hated being so mean to her, and I hate seeing her fear of me in her eyes when I look over at her.

I don't mean to be so cruel to her. I love her. But she likes that girl more. "Sissy," she calls her. This girl is supposedly perfect from what I hear around the Main House. But.. nobody's perfect. It's impossible.

I wanted to help her at school when the children teased her, but I couldn't. I didn't want to see her be hurt again by me and my feelings. Because when you love someone, you don't want anyone to hurt them..

You try to protect them from it, but it's inetiable. I always would hold her hand tightly in my own as we would walk down the Main House halls. She thought it was a sign of affection, that was half true. A sign of affection. I'm just a teen..

I was your only friend. That other than the stupid rabbit who was overly hyper and hung out with the "cowboy." I detested them. I wanted to be her only friend, the person who she would always look to when she would have problems.

But I knew.. That I couldn't always help her..

She wasn't the same after I admitted to Akito that, I, indeed, did love her. He immedietly ordered me to stay away from her, or he promised he would thrash out against her like he did when we were once walking down the hallway together holding hands.

And now, those at school tease her. They have gotten her to lock up all her words, and for a minute, I can remember how I cried, thinking I would never hear her beautiful voice again. The sweet angelic voice..

And I remember how angry I had became when once going over to Kisa's to visit her, but she was at Shigure's house with her "sissy." I didn't mean to do it, but I remember how I got angry at Tohru. I hated her..

I hated how she could help Kisa.. And that I couldn't..

I hold your hand in mine
I hold your hand and you're so lonely, oh so lonley

Your eyes have lost in light

your eyes have lost in light, and you're empty

oh my god, you're so empty


She's the only reason that I continue living. She's my heaven, my light at the end of the tunnel. And it's because of her, that my heart has softened and that I have allowed her to become someone I know. Her, being Tohru Honda.

And now, here I sit beside my orange haired beauty. Our fingers are laced together as we watch the amusing Mogeta anime show on TV with Tohru Honda. And I laugh, enjoying the time I get to spend with her.

You are my heaven tonight


"You're a prince, Hiro," That Honda girl told me once with a smile on her face. I remember thinking about all the things that has happened in my life. All the agony that I have caused to others, and how I've made others suffer..

Yet, this places a smile on my face..

Trying to find the heart you hide - in vain

and you're my haven in life

and you're my haven in death

- life and death, my darling


"I won't allow it!"

Smack!

"Kisa!" I hear myself scream as I run to go help her, but I feel the strong arms around me as I was pulled out of the room by Kureno and Shigure.

Tears roll down my face as I heard the loud screams, the sound of the whips as I look down at the ground...

Will I ever have a happy ending..