Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only One
 
 
Chapter 3
 
“MY PRECIOUS FLOWER!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!” Shigure sped towards Tohru, a blur to her eyes as she felt her bones crack and the air escape her.
 
POOF!
 
“….”
 
“Tohru? Are you alright?” Shigure asked, ignorant of the fact that he just squeezed the life out of her.
 
“….yes. I'm fine…” Tohru ran her hands across her body to check if anything was out of place before looking down and smiling at the now inu. “Hello Shigure. I'm glad you haven't really changed-” She was cut off as she felt Anai tremble.
 
“Ahma…” Tohru looked over at her daughter.
 
“OH! Hey, Anai, it's alright. These people are friends of mommy's! Don't worry Yuki or-”
 
POOF!
 
Covering Anai's eyes, Tohru immediately turned around, cheeks red. “-SHIGURE!” She said, embarrassed. “Is it okay now, Yuki-kun?”
 
After hearing a “yes” and a crashing sound, she turned around, releasing her daughter's eyes and giggled.
 
“YUUUKKIIIII……” Shigure whined, “Why'd you do that?”
 
“Because, you baka. You know why.” Yuki ground out, his eyes two slits. Hearing the commotion, Kyo jumped down from the roof where he was residing and walked into the room.
 
“What the hell is going on, kuso nezumi?”
 
“Nothing, baka neko. Nothing that has to do with you or your concern.” But his words were lost when Kyo noticed the other figure in the room.
 
“T-tohru?! WHAT THE HELL?! TOHRU COMES BACK AND NO ONE EVEN BOTHERS TO TELL ME?!” He yelled, before shutting up at the sight of the little girl in Tohru's arms. “Who's that?” He asked.
 
“None of your business.” “Anai.” Yuki and Tohru answered at the same time.
 
Kyo turned to glare at the mouse. “Shut your trap, rat-boy.” He turned back to Tohru and asked again, “Who's she?”
 
“Anai.” Tohru answered, hoping the cat would leave it at that. Unfortunately, he didn't.
 
“Anai?”
 
“Yea.”
 
Kyo raised an eyebrow, telling her to go on.
 
“Anai's my…” at this, Tohru blushed and looked away, “…my daughter.”
 
 
It had been a week since Yuki and Tohru had met each other again. She had told all the Sohma's who Anai was and how…okay, maybe not how, but what had happened between now and when she had left. Hearing this, Yuki, Kyo, Shigure, Ayame, Momiji, Kisa, Hatori, and just about everyone else in the Sohma clan insisted that Tohru stayed with them again. Tohru, of course, declined at first, but at the sight of Kisa and Momiji in tears, deflated and agreed. However, she went back to her old `I'll stay in your house and in return I'll do the housework' oath, and therefore did not feel guilty about once again staying in Shigure's house.
 
Stepping into her old room, Tohru sighed and set her daughter into her old bed, tucking the blanket up to her chin, even though it was 75 degrees outside.
 
`My room looks exactly like I remember it. In fact, everything is still in its exact place.'
 
Reminiscing on her times here, she didn't notice the door opening quietly, or someone's footsteps stop at the site of her, or the fact that the someone was now openly staring at her. However, that someone accidentally stepped on some paper lying on the ground, creating noise.
 
Tohru whipped around at the sound of the crinkling of paper and saw Yuki. “Oh, Yuki! I'm sorry, I didn't notice you come in here! Um…did you need something?”
 
Shaking his head, Yuki answered, “I just wondered if you needed any help doing…um…well, anything.”
 
“No, I don't. Arigatou.” She shook her head and went back to the last of her boxes, unloading everything inside before putting them away in the right spot. Yuki nodded and went back downstairs.
 
`There! Everything's out and in the right spot.' She looked around. It was almost an exact copy of her room before she had ran away, only there was more baby toys than before, along with an extra bed. `Now to tell Ms. Mikore that I'm moving out.' Tohru looked at the clock sitting on the desk. `I'll do that tomorrow I guess. I need to make dinner right now. I bet they're all hungry by now. Maybe that's why Yuki came up here! Oh no!' Thinking this, Tohru grabbed her apron and ran downstairs to get dinner on the table.
“Mmmm….this food is great! So much better than Yuki or Kyo-Kyo's cooking here. I missed your delectable cooking while you were gone. Along with-” Shigure commented, patting his stuffed belly.
 
“Shut up you stupid dog!” Kyo and Yuki growled, glaring at the inu.
 
“Whaaaaat? I was just going to say her cleaning! Really! You act as if I was going to say something perverted.” He huffed.
 
“You were.” They answered at the same time. The dog frowned and left the table to work on his next novel. Tohru silently gathered up the dishes and started towards the kitchen.
 
“Here, let me help you with those.” Yuki appeared by her side and took half the dishes, setting them in the sink before washing them.
 
“O-oh! Thank you. But you really don't need to-”
 
“I don't mind. Besides, you better check if Anai is up. She might be hungry.” He looked back at her, a kind smile on his face.
 
“Right!” She smiled back before rushing out of the kitchen to go to her room.
 
Opening the door quietly, she stepped inside, closing the door softly behind her. “Anai? You up yet?”
 
“Ahma?” Hearing her soft response, Tohru walked to her bed and took Anai out of it's warm embrace into her own.
 
“Hey sleepy head. Ya hungry? Mommy's got dinner for ya downstairs. Everyone else already ate.” Anai nodded, indeed hungry, and was carried down to her supper.
 
 
A/N: Uh…short. I know. But…I couldn't think of anything else to write, so I just left it at this.
 
Big thankies to: