Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only One
 
A/N: Here's another chapter. I noticed that this one's pretty popular despite my lack of confidence on this fic (and all my other fics, really), so I thank all of you who review, read, and favorite this one and all the other ones too.
 
With that out of the way, I just wanna say that I'm currently listening to FMA and DDR music, and I haven't read any Fruits Basket fics for SO long, so my characters and stuff are going to be SO ooc and such. Bleh.
 
Have I told all of you how I probably won't be updating for another while after this one? No? Well, I'm not. Sorry, but I just updated twice in a short amount of time, and being the lazy ass I am, I'm not gunna write till a while from now. Maybe I'll update again before I go to China (July 14), but I'm not promising anything!!!
 
As for the people who were allergic to Kyoru, all you need to know is that Kyo decided to run away.
 
Chapter 5
 
“Breakfast is ready everyone!!”
 
STOMP STOMP STOMP
 
“Mmmm! Smells good Tohru, like always.”
 
Scarf Scarf Scarf
 
“Eat properly, will you?”
 
Bonk Bonk Bonk
 
“Hello Honda-san. How are you?”
 
Tohru smiled. “Fine Yuki, thank you. But you really don't need to call me Honda-san; Tohru is just fine…”
 
He smiled and nodded before eating his breakfast.
 
“Hm…where's Kyo today? Yuki, did you chase him out of the house again?”
 
Yuki glared. “No, you stupid dog. I haven't seen him all morning.” Shigure nodded. “You're right. If you did, the house would be in shambles. Again.”
 
Yuki rolled his eyes, but nonetheless didn't disagree.
 
“Actually, I didn't hear him come in from the roof last night. Maybe he's still on the roof?! Oh no, he could've gotten sick and-” With those thoughts, Tohru quickly but carefully got out of her seat and went to check the roof for the cat.
 
--
 
“Kyo? Are you up there? Kyo?” Tohru looked up at the roof, waiting for his red hair and eyes to pop out from the edge. They didn't. “Kyo?”
 
Huffing, she put her hand on her hips and got ready for another painful climb up the dreaded ladder.
 
`You had better not fall again, Tohru. Kyo might still be asleep, and he won't be able to help you.'
 
Climb Climb Clim-
 
“Oof!”
 
Climb Climb Clim-
 
“Oof!”
 
Climb Climb Clim-
 
“Oof!”
 
Growl
 
“I can do this!!”
 
Climb Climb Climb
 
“YES! I did it! HA! Now…” Tohru looked around the top and, surprisingly, found it void of any life aside from her. “Wha…that's weird. Where could he be?”
 
Frowning, she climbed three-quarters down the ladder (falling down the rest) and went inside to report her findings.
 
“He's not on the roof. Maybe he's in his room?”
 
“Forget about that baka, Tohru. He's not worth the effort. If he wants to eat, then he'll come down.” Yuki said nicely but forcefully. “Why don't you eat the rest of your food?” He smiled.
 
“……A-alright…”
 
--
 
Peeking into her room, Yuki saw Tohru sitting on the floor laughing and playing with Anai and her toys.
 
`Anai…my daughter…' Yuki's face softened with the thought, and quietly knocked on the door to catch their attentions.
 
“Yuki! Hi, why don't you come in? Besides, I'm sure you should probably meet Anai correctly…” She trailed off, not sure of how to word “meet your daughter” without sounding weird.
 
“Uh…sure.” Stepping in, he closed the door after checking the hallways for a certain dog that would think certain thoughts.
 
“Anai? Meet Yuki-kun.” Yuki smiled at the little girl.
 
“……Hi……” Anai replied, shy.
 
“Hey. Do you know who I am?”
 
“…Yuki-kun.”
 
Yuki looked over at Tohru, who gave him an apologetic smile.
 
“Anai? Yuki is……well, he's your daddy.”
 
--
 
He ran; ran as fast as he could away from his thoughts and his “home”.
 
`I don't have a home. Nor…do I have her.'
 
He willed himself not to look back.
 
`I can't. Not now, not ever. She's not mine, she's his. Tohru…'
 
--
 
A/N: I know, I said that this chapter would be longer (which, technically it is: 3 pages instead of 2), but…
 
Heh, this is also a cliffhanger, isn't it? Oopsies.
 
BTW, if you don't know who the last part's person is, don't worry. You'll figure it out eventually (hopefully). It's not that hard.
 
Not a lot of fluff between Yuki and Tohru in this chap. There should be a lot in the next one, which is going to be focused on the new family. :smiles:
 
Only two people reviewed (Lain and Kokari), so thank you's go out to them. I'm almost to 40 reviews!! Just two more!!
 
:hypnotizes you: You will revieeeeewwww, you will review!!