Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ When I Grow Up ❯ A New Star Falls ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
WHEN I GROW UP
A Fruits Basket Fanfic

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  Many thanks to fellow furuba fan and LJ user, "loritakitochan," for the gentle push to write a more relaxed and romantic AkiGure fanfic.  I hope this will be to your liking (and everyone else's).  WARNING for LEMON content.  THIS IS A LEMON CHAPTER.  SPOILERS for those unfamiliar with chapters 97/98 to the end of the manga.  This chapter is told from Akito’s point of view.  A Standard Disclaimer appears at the end of the chapter.


Chapter 5 – A New Star Falls


“I love you, so very much.”

He was crying.

"Shigure...."

I don't think I'd ever seen him cry, let alone felt it on my shoulder.

I was so shocked, I couldn't speak.  What could I say?  He'd hit everything right on the button.  He was right.  Gods, but I had issues.  The man was more observant than I thought.

But he knew.  He KNEW.  Despite the fact that it was hard to hear, my body was suddenly flooded with relief. 

"Let's get out of here," he said into my shoulder.

I could only nod as he lifted me without effort. Normally I would have argued. I can walk on my own two feet just fine! What if someone was laughing at me? But I didn't care. I just wanted to be held.

Taki appeared out of nowhere. I only knew because I heard him address Shigure as we approached the car. I'm not sure how we got inside or where Shigure told him to go. I remained in Shigure's grasp, curled up on his lap, listening to him as he tried to soothe me like a child.

And in that instant, I was taken back to that day.

The day he made a promise to me.

"You'll understand," Shigure had said. "Some day."

My father's voice echoed his. "You will understand one day."

"Understand what?" a tiny voice asked.

"Love," my father said, hugging me.

I felt Shigure's arms tighten around me and realized, slowly, that I was shaking. He moved under me, shoulder and arms trying to get out of his dinner coat. He did succeed, placing the coat around me. But I wasn't cold.

"Sir, we're here. Call me again if you need anything."

"Thanks, Taki. Good night."

"Good night."

We exited the car but again, I was swept up and carried down the sidewalk. I knew the walk like the back of my hand. Shigure's house came into view to confirm it. But instead of arguing...again...I let him hold me, inhaling the scent of him now all around me.

It wasn't until he sat me on my feet on the porch that I realized I'd never responded to him.  He opened the door quickly and stepped inside to turn on a light.  When he turned back to me, he opened his mouth the say something. Taking the opportunity, I placed my fingers over his mouth.  He was confused, even as I managed a smile.

"I love you, too."

I don't think I've ever been kissed so thoroughly in my life.

And it didn't end until we reached his room, tore off each others clothes, and practically dropped onto his futon.

I did catch myself waiting to hear footsteps on the nearby staircase. Or hear clamoring in the kitchen.  Noises I was used to hearing at one time.  But the people who made them are no longer here.  We were alone.

So what was I so afraid of before?  Being alone with Shigure?  Or being caught by one of his previous tenants?

They've moved on with their lives.

It was time to move on with mine.

For the first time since our more serious relationship began, I wasn't afraid. I wasn't worried.

Hell, after that kiss, I wasn't even thinking!

Hands and lips pressed against places that I can't name out loud. I expected him to kiss me again. Instead, his lips trailed downward against my neck. I expected him to touch my breast, squeeze it tightly. Instead, he lightly brushed his knuckles along my side. I expected this to be as hot and heavy as the kiss had been, as it usually was.

But this was a different Shigure. A caring, tender, and patient, Shigure. A Shigure I didn't know existed.

"Gure...."

"Shhh..."

And he was just a good as the Shigure I knew.

Hands moved downward, following his lips. I tried to encourage him as always, wanting him to move faster. But he refused my touch, pushing away my conquesting hands and continuing his leisurely journey. It was torture. I wanted to explode. I wanted him inside me now.

And when I almost came just from on kiss to my bellybutton, I didn't want him to stop.

One finger eased inside of me and moved as slowly as the rest of him. I calmed myself a little, just to experience the sensations. And as he kept moving languidly, I decided to try it to.

Slowly trailing my hands down his sides, I reached for his hardened member. Lightly I touched him, surrounding his warmth with one hand. I felt him groan against my stomach. The sound was music to my ears. He countered by inserting another finger into my melting center.

Gods it felt great!

I answered by moving my hand up and down, but I barely brushed his skin, loosening my grip. He swallowed hard, pressing a kiss against my shoulder, and inserted a third finger inside me. I thought I was going to launch into space and let go of him so I could go flying.

Who knew slowing down would feel so damn good!

"Oh gods...."

"I think you're ready now."

"Gure...."

As slowly as he moved before, I felt his shaft pushing into me. Inch by inch, I gripped him hard with my inner muscles. My body wanted to hold him there, especially when he pushed in that final inch. I was panting and sweating from the effort of holding back. But then, I wasn't really holding back. Each part of him had been en experience like no other. I simply didn't want him to leave.

I whimpered when he made the first thrust. Gasped at second. Mumbled for more after the third. Moaned for the fourth and fifth. And I practically sung opera as he set a steady pace for the both of us.

The feelings were so overwhelming; it no longer mattered if he was going slow or fast. I felt him inside me, stroking me both inside and out. He could've stayed there forever, doing whatever he wanted as I exploded over and over.

Then...there was nothing.

When I awoke, the room was saturated in gray. Was it morning? What time is it?

Wrapping the sheet around me, I carefully removed myself from Shigure's grasp. He lay on his side, one arm tucked under his head while the other laid across the mattress where I once was. His breathing was even, slow. I smiled at him, moving a piece of unruly hair away from his eyes before moving away to the window.

The house was strangely quiet, despite more expectations. No noise from upstairs. No noise in the kitchen. No noise period.

Well, save for the light snoring behind me.

I couldn't help but smile. I felt...free. At peace. And it wasn't just the sex that had done that.

Love had helped too.

A light flashed across the sky, drawing my attention. As the star fell, I made another wish. A wish for a happy future. For a better life.

For more sex.

Hey, it's good!

The sheets rustled behind me. It was still a little dark to see, and then a tiny light pierced the shadows. I opened my mouth to say "good morning" but Shigure spoke first.

“You’re not a prisoner here.”

After all that we just shared, it was a cruel thing to say.  True, but cruel. Did I really look that desperate to leave?  I kept my gaze towards the window as I replied, “I know, it’s just...there are so many memories.”  My smile was retarded, the look on my face awkward.  “And some of them not so good.”

The sheets moved behind me.  “Is that why you won’t move in with me?”

My shrug was small, my head tilting to one side.  “Yeah, for the most part.”

I heard more movement behind me, and when I turned around, Shigure was digging through our clothes.  I watched as he finally found his jacket, his hands digging through the pocket.  The tip of his tongue was clenched between his lips, making the whole scene adorable.

Finding what he was looking for he turned to me with a box in his hand.  “So I guess buying you this was a bit premature.”

Slowly he opened the box, and my heart stopped.

“I wouldn’t say...oh my...it’s beautiful.”  He placed the box in my hands.  “You bought this for me?”

“Hey, I’m supposed to ask the questions here.”  He smiled, taking the ring from the box and holding it between us.  “Akito....”

“Yes.”

“But I haven’t even--!”

“You don’t have to.”

His smile reminded me of a much younger Shigure. “Humor me?”

I sighed. There was no saying “no” to that face. Sitting back a little further, I cleared my throat and said, “You were saying....”

He took a deep breath and replied, “Akito, will you marry me?”

“That sounded a bit lame.”

He shrugged, fidgeting slightly. “This wasn’t the way I planned it.”

I looked to the window. Was my wish going to be answered so quickly?

“Aki....”

“Yes,” I finally said, a broad smile lit my face s he placed the ring on my finger. “But....”

His grip tightened on my hand.  He looked at me, horrified.  “But?”

“We won’t live here.”

“Can’t we discuss this later?”

“And we won’t live at the main house,” I stated.

Fear was replaced by curiosity.  And quickly.  How did he do that?  He kissed my hand, arching an eyebrow in question. 

“What do you have in mind?”

What, indeed.

Standing on my knees, I moved closer to him.  “We’ll discuss it tomorrow.”

Wrapping his arms around me, he rested his forehead against mine. I giggled as his fingers tickled their way down my spine towards my bottom.  He lifted me just a few inches so I could sit on his lap. “Then what shall we talk about right now?”

Framing his face in my hands, I kissed him.  Hard.  It was going to be a long road ahead.  But I didn’t want to worry about that now.  I wanted something else.  Something that didn’t involve words. 

“Oh gods...Akito....”

Besides, there was nothing more he could say after that.


~TO BE CONTINUED~

DISCLAIMER:
Fruits Basket is owned by Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions, Ltd (for distribution in the USA and Canada). All copyrights go to them and not me. All characters are used here without permission.  No money is being made from this story.  Please do not sue.