Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ On The Wings Of An Angel ❯ Trouble At Youswell Part Two ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

On The Wings of an Angel
Chapter Four: Trouble at Youswell Part two
Author: Yami No Kaeko
Warnings: AU, AT, lots of bad language and spoilers for episode 9(somewhat).
Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist
________________________________________________
 
That sound couldn't be good. It sounded like breaking glass and fire. Alphonse rushed to the main area of the inn to see that his theory of it not being good was correct. There was fire everywhere. He heard a grunt and looked to his side to see that Khayal was still there. Fire was all around them now; there was no way out except up. He rushed over to Khayal and grabbed him. Flexing his wings he flew to the top of the inn and punched through using his Automail arm.
 
“Where's Khayal!” Jim shouted from outside the inn watching it burn.
 
“he's still inside Chief,” the Bear Chimera told him. He tried to rush inside to find his son but the Bear Chimera held him back.
 
“Let me go! Khayal!” he shouted.
 
“Dad!” a scared voice came from up above them. Alphonse glided down from were he was and landed on the ground smoothly. When he let the boy go he ran to his father and hugged him.
 
19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-1 9-19-19-19-19-19
 
Edward walked up to his brother with a frown on his face.
 
“Is this Yolky's doing?” He asked his little brother as he looked around at the damage the fire had caused.
 
“Mmhmm” Alphonse answered as he crossed his arms and watched at Shelly cried over the broken vase. He had a feeling that she wasn't just crying over broken pottery. Khayal walked up to Edward with tears in his eyes.
 
“You're some kind of super alchemist right? So can't you just make some gold? For my dad? You could save the whole village.” Khayal asked him as tears started streaming from his eyes.
 
“I can't.” Edward answered closing his eyes.
 
“Why not! It won't cost ya nuthin!” Khayal begged him.
 
“You're wrong, the whole world is Equivalent Exchange, I give you gold and I'll have to pay the price, and I've got no reason to do that.” Edward told him. Khayal grabbed his coat in a rage.
 
“So we have to bribe you now too? And you call yourself an Alchemist!” Khayal said as he shook Edward.
 
“Alchemists be thou for the people, what a load that is,” Edward sighed and pushed Khayal's hand off of his coat and opened his eyes to look at him.
 
“Transmuting gold is a serious offence. If I'm caught they'll not only strip me of my State Alchemist certification, but they'll throw me in jail.” Edward told him.
 
“Then do it so you don't get caught!” Khayal shouted.
 
“Even if I could it'd just get taken away in taxes,” he looked down at the ground.
 
“If it's that awful here, why don't you just pack up and move to another village?” He asked them.
 
“Kid,” Edward looked up at Jim.
 
“This may not make a lot of since to you, but this place well It's both our home and our coffin.” Edward lowered his head and smiled.
 
“Hmm, home and coffin, that's got a nice ring,” Edward said as he turned around and started to walk off. Alphonse followed after his brother.
 
“Brother, what are you going to do?” Alphonse said as he jogged to keep up with his brother's strides.
 
“We left our home town Al, because we chose it, but I don't know, maybe Equivalent Exchange goes farther than we thought,” he said as he jumped onto a cart of culm.
 
“Al what you see here stays just between us,” He said as he opened the bag of Sens that Yolky had given him and dumped them on the culm. He clapped his hands and a blue light surrounded the area.
 
19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-1 9-19-19-19-19-19-19
 
“You want to buy the Youswell coalmine?” Yolky asked Edward.
 
“That's right, and while you're here why don't you throw in everything from the trade routes to the town itself, Ok?” Edward had a big smile on his face.
 
“I'm afraid that even for a State Alchemist such as yourself, the mine is simply not for sale.” Yolky said as he bowed and rubbed his hands together.
 
“Oh, that's too bad, and here we lugged all this in here for nothing.” Edward said as Alphonse opened the door they had been standing in front of. Mounds upon mounds of gold bars sat in the room just beyond the door. Yolky's eyes grew wide and he walked up to the gold.
 
“Is, is that real gold?” Yolky asked.
 
“It turns out that the mine is full of unexploited minerals that would be a real booster shot for alchemic research and I'd hate to miss out, but if it's not on the market…” Edward said slyly.
 
“Don't be absurd,” Yolky said as he turned to Edward.
 
“Although the mine was appointed to me by the state to govern, selling it for my own personal profit might appear to some observers as um…” he told him.
 
“Right, don't worry none of this gold appears on any of the books so as long as we keep our mouths shut no one has to know anything about it,” He turned his head and smiled.
 
“But still,” Yolky said as he looked at Edward. Edward turned his head back and thought of something.
 
“I've got it, what if you write up an official deed stating that you hand over all the rights to the mine to me free of charge, then you can take all this as…an unrelated gift...Lieutenant.” Edward grinned. Yolky turned around and awed at all the gold.
 
19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-1 9-19-19-19-19-19-19
 
“Why! Why can't I fight?” Khayal shouted. His father sighed.
 
“Because I don't want to risk losing you,” Jim said as he sat on a chair in the storage house for the inn.
 
“Hi! Why don't I see if I can't turn those frowns upside down!” Edward said as he entered the storage house.
 
“you leach what do you want from us now?” Khayal shouted at him.
 
“Comon! Is that anyway to speak to your new boss, land lord, and all-around overseer?” Edward asked with a goofy grin on his face.
 
“Overseer? What the Hell are…” he was cut off by a piece of paper being shoved in his face.
 
“As you can see, I hold in my hand the title deed to the mines the trade route and the entire town of Youswell,” Edward said and everyone growled.
 
“Believe it.[1] but we're just a couple of vagabonds going from place to place. These documents will just be in the way so,” Edward said as he shook the deed with one had and waved with the other.
 
“So you want to sell it to us, how much.” Jim asked solemnly.
 
“What afraid you can't afford it?” Edward said as he smirked at Jim.
 
“If you want something you have to pay the price. After all the deed is printed on high grade parchment and stamped with a gold seal, not only that, but in a spectacular feat of craftsmanship the deposit box is inlaid with powdered jade. Hmm…this is the work of a true artist, and hey! The key is made of real silver! Well this is just a layman's opinion but taking all of this into account, how about one nights stay and a meal for two at your place, would that be fair chief?” Edward asked with the slyest smile he could manage. The surprise on Jim's face melted into a smile.
 
“You're right that is expensive!” Jim laughed.
 
“I'll buy it!” He shouted as his fist slammed the barrel he was sitting next to.
 
“Sold!” Edward shouted. The door swung open and Lieutenant Yolky was standing in it.
 
“Mr. Alchemist sir, what is the meaning of this, suddenly all the gold bars you gave me turned to rock?” he asked.
 
“Well well well, Lieutenant I just sold the mine to the chief here,” Edward said as he pointed to Jim.
 
“What!” yolky shouted. Alphonse approached his brother.
 
“When did you change it back?” he asked him.
 
“Right before we left…” Edward said with a wicked grin.
 
“I don't know anything about gold bars…” Edward said in a sing song voice.
 
“Don't act dumb, we exchanged the deed for a mountain of gold, this is fraud!” Yolky shouted.
 
“No I'm pretty sure you handed it over free of charge, at least that's what it says in the letter,” Edward said as he pulled the letter out of his pocket.
 
“This transaction is null and void! You two seize the deed!” Yolky shouted. The bear chimera walked in front of them cracking his knuckles.
 
“You should abuse your power like that and try to take something that doesn't belong to you,” he said as he smiled an evil grin.
 
“Never underestimate the strength of a coal mining man Lieutenant,” The Wolf chimera said and they both proceeded to beat the living crap out of the three.
 
19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-1 9-19-19-19-19-19-19
 
Later when everyone was celebrating a figure walked into the inn. Cover in a cloak no one could see the figures features. A long black tail swept the ground behind it. It walked up to Edward Elric and whispered something in his ear.
 
“Hohenheim is going home,” is what she said. Edward's eyes went wide. She bowed and took off her cloak. She had long black hair and green eyes. On top of her head was a big pair of black ears.
 
“I am the Panther Chimera Sakura Neko.” She said with an accent.
 
“Panther Chimera's are rare!” The bear chimera whispered to the Wolf Chimera.
 
“As are Angels, and we've seen two of them tonight,” The wolf chimera answered back. Then they noticed a sharp looking katana strapped to the girls back. She also had a katana dagger in her boot.
 
“We'll be leaving in the morning,” Edward informed Jim.
 
“We all owe our thanks to you and you're brother. The Fullmetal and Steelangel Alchemists,” Jim said as he shook Edwards hand.
 
_____________________________________________________________ ___________
 
Ha! Sakura is such a beautiful name…and yes Sakura is formed from my image. I have long dark brown hair and green eyes! And I love panthers and the color black so yeah! I hope you enjoyed this chapter the next chapter is going to be a little sad so yeah…Yami No Kaeko.