Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Jusst Like Romeo and Juliet ❯ Going Fishing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just Like Romeo and Juliet

Chapter 4. Going Fishing

By: Gator Ri

Kouran looked up when a shadow fell across her. Squinting into the sun she recognized Houjun's hair. She gasped in surprise and giggled, "And to what do I owe this visit?"

Houjun looked at her sheepishly standing with his hands behind his back, "I never really apologized properly for running you over the other day," he brought out the flowers and kneeled in front of her, "Here is my token of apology."

Kouran blushed and smiled she didn't know what to say but she took the flowers from Houjun's hand. Finally she found her voice, "I accept your token good sir," she giggled.

Houjun got up and bowed, "I am most honored good madam," he smiled up at her and burst out laughing.

Kouran couldn't help herself and laughed too, "Oh, sir you are too kind." This made them laugh harder. Until finally they were almost crying.

Houjun rubbed a finger across Kouran's cheek where a tear had squeezed out, softly he said, "There's no need to cry especially when you're happy."

********************************************************** *******

Shitara and Inoku hearing all the laughing and then suddenly silence decided to go investigate what was going on. They knew that the sound had to be coming from somewhere behind the house so peeking around the corner they saw a young man standing rather close to their sister with his hand touching her cheek. They looked at each other and grinned devilishly and nodded at each other the same thought going through both their heads.

*********************************************************** ******

Houjun and Kouran both jumped away from each other when Shitara and Inoku came running from the side of the house singing, "Kouran and Rooster Tail sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love…." they trailed off when they received a very angered look from Kouran. Deciding that they had better high tail it out of there they ran off laughing and started their singing again.

Kouran turned to apologize to Houjun but saw his retreating form go back into the woods. She sighed still blushing from the embarrassment of it all, "GRRR! Those stupid siblings!" She looked at the bouquet of flowers that Houjun had given her and decided to go put them in some water before they wilted anymore. She would deal with Shitara and Inoku later.

*********************************************************** ******

Houjun ran off into the woods retreating to the familiar sounds and smells of the forest. His face was burning from embarrassment of being seen. He scolded himself for even doing what he did. HE should not have touched Kouran. He kicked a tree in his frustration. But cried out in pain when he hurt it instead. Super deformed he hopped around on one foot and cursed himself. Finally realizing what a baka he was being he let go of his foot and limped back the way he had come. Reaching the edge of the forest he climbed a tree and sat on branch deciding to see what Kouran would do to her siblings for this.

************************************************************ *****

Kouran put the vase of flowers on the table in the middle. She stood back and smiled. They certainly helped cheer up the room and they helped cheer her up too. She smiled to herself and smelled the sweet fragrance of the flowers. Her mind wandered back to a little earlier when Houjun had touched her. She put her hand to her cheek and sighed contentedly. But her smile disappeared when she remembered what had happened next. Why did her siblings have to ruin everything for her!? Her mind went back to Houjun as she wondered what would've happened next.

Walking outside she found her little sister and brother snickering at something. Coming up to them she looked at them with a look that could kill, "I want you two to come with me," she turned and started walking back towards the house.

Shitara and Inoku knowing that they had better listen followed her with their heads hanging now sorry for what they had did but they still thought that it was funny. Reaching the garden Kouran made them finish what she had started. She stood there to supervise and make sure that no food fights broke out. She was still angry with them and was now thinking of other things for punishment.

After they were done they looked up at their older sister carefully to see what her mood was. Eeeek! She was still mad. They gulped and waited for their next form of punishment.

Kouran leveled a look at them, "You may now go and gather more wood and then take it in and put if by the fire. I want a good sized pile too." They scurried off to do as told.

************************************************************ *****

The still super deformed Houjun watched curiously from the tree as Kouran punished her sister and brother. He chuckled a bit at the way they acted around her knwoing that she was ticked. He froze when they entered the woods below him and watched them start to gather some branches that had fallen. The kids went deeper into the woods and Houjun turned his attention back to Kouran who was still standing at the edge of the garden. "She looks so lonely," he thought.

Dropping out of the tree he went back to his normal height and strode out of the woods towards Kouran.

He smiled at her shocked look.

"H-Houjun what are you doing back here?"

He smiled at her, "Would you like to go fishing?" at her nod his smiled brightened, "Well, then I'll be right back."

Houjun ran off to go get his fishing pole. Coming back he grabbed her hand and cried happily, "Well, come on! The fish are waiting for us!"

Kouran had to almost run to keep up with him for he was practically running himself.

Upon reaching the river Houjun stopped short and smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his hand, "I forgot Hikou has the bait," he shrugged, "Oh well, guess I'll just have to dig up worms as we need them."

Kouran just smiled not knowing what to say to this strange yet interesting young man that she had grown to like so quickly.

Houjun kneeled on the ground and using a small stick he found started digging for worms.