Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Only In My Heart ❯ Friends ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer:: nope still don't own.

Chapter Five "Friends"

Jenna woke up early and took a long walk along the beach. She thought about the previous night's dream and the way she had woken up startled. Was it because Korin was the girl in the dream or something else?

As she approached the beach house, she saw the men from the day before running down the steps toward her.

"Hey Miss McCoy!" The younger of the men yelled out to her as he ran past her. "You have a visitor!"

She stopped, pulling her sunglasses up as they ran past her. The dark haired man was chasing the red head, who was screaming something about not wanting to go in the water. She sudden had a feeling of dejavu, as if she had known them before. Shaking her head and laughing at their antics, she thought, `that's impossible, I just met them yesterday.'

As she started up the steps, she heard an all too familiar voice. "Wow, did you see those guys! They are so hot."

Jenna looked up to see Korin standing at the top of the steps. "Korin? What the hell are you doing here?"

Korin looked down at her grinning. "Oh, I drove through the night. You know I can't stand to be away from you. You're not mad at me are you?" She pouted at Jenna with puppy dog eyes.

Jenna began laughing as she reached the top of the stairs. "No, I'm not mad, actually I'm glad you came. I was already missing you too." She quickly added, laughing. "Even though you're a pain in the ass."

Korin shoved her. "You're a meanie sometimes!" They both started laughing as they walked to Korin's car to get her bag.

"Hey, you must have been reading my mind." Jenna commented as she saw Korin had stopped at the liquor store along the way. "What did you get?"

Korin grinned at her as she pulled the bags from the car. "Well, you can have lime margarita's or straight whiskey. Pick your poison, girlie girl." She started laughing as Jenna grabbed the bag with the margarita mix in it.

"I'm glad you remembered what I like. I really need a drink right now." She sighed as she latched her arm through Korin's as they walked back to the beach house. She was really glad Korin came, she was sorry that she decided to come alone.

"I can't believe you drove through the night. You must be exhausted, that's like an eight hour drive." Jenna squeezed Korin's arm. "Thanks for coming."

Korin glanced over at her friend. "Yeah and it would have been longer if I stopped to sleep." She gave a big yawn as they walked into the house.

"Boy that looks comfortable." Korin eyed the sectional sofa, walking over she lay down.

"Yes, it is. I slept there all night." Jenna said as she walked to the fridge to put the margarita mix away. When she turned back to the sofa, Korin was asleep.

**************************************************

"Kourin! Kourin! Hurry wake up!"

Kourin cast aside the sheet that covered her body, jumping up.

"What is it Houki? What's wrong?" She ran to her friend with concern in her eyes. Houki rarely journeyed the harem hallways alone, so she knew something must be wrong.

Houki stood there grinning from ear to ear. "I get to meet his Highness today! He's invited me to accompany him to breakfast. You have to help me dress, I have no idea what to wear!"

Houki looked down at Kourin's body. `She' was dressed only in pants. Houki's hand flew to her mouth as she let out a gasp.

"Kourin you're a man!" Houki stood in shock as the realization hit her.

Kourin put her hands up covering her chest. Then waving a hand at Houki, she blushed. "Ahh, ya caught me. Well, I guess you know the truth now." She turned away from Houki walking to the closet pulling out a blouse.

"What? You're a woman. I don't understand. You're my best friend. You always help me dress, you fix my hair…" Her eyes got wide. "You can't be a man." Houki sits on the edge of the bed and puts her hands to her face.

Kourin turns to her quickly. "Houki, you mustn't tell a soul. If anyone finds out it would be the end of me. You're my best friend, right? You have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

Houki shook her head not quite understanding. "Why Kourin? Why are you disguised as a woman?"

Kourin turned and came to sit on the edge of the bed next to her and began to tell her the story of her little sister, Kourin. How he came to dress and think like a woman… And how he came to the harem and fell in love with the emperor…

*************************************************

Korin awoke with a start, jumping up off the sofa. "Oh my god!"

Jenna who had been sitting opposite her jumped up too. "What? What's the matter?"

Korin looked around, realizing she was at the beach house and that the sun had already set. "How long have I been sleeping?" She looked at Jenna who had a distinct resemblance to the woman in her dream. Her mind went wild with the implications of the dream she had just had.

"Are you okay Korin? You look pale, maybe you should sit back down." Jenna walked towards her, putting her hand out.

Korin backed away not wanting to be touched. Not by her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I was just having a nightmare that's all. I'm fine." She waved a hand at Jenna assuring her she was okay. She turned, shaking her head to clear the image of herself as a man.

Jenna turned towards the kitchen. "So would you like me to make you a frozen margarita?"

Korin stammered. "Ah, no. I think we should just go out somewhere." Right now, the last thing she wanted was to be alone with Jenna. She couldn't tell her about the dream and she knew if they stayed there alone, she would wind up telling her. And she just couldn't do that, not now. Jenna would think she was nuts. How could she tell her best friend that she had a dream about herself as a man? A gay man at that, who was in love with the same man she was in love with.

Jenna turned smiling at her. "Okay. That sounds good. There's a little place down the road so we won't have to drive."

"Alrighty then, to the place down the road, it is! Let's get going then, come on." Korin grabbed her purse off the sofa where she had sat it when she came in.

***************************************************

Upon entering the bar, Jenna cringed. The main reason she felt like drinking was to erase the thought of those guys that were staying in the main house. And here they were sitting in the bar and of course, Korin had to go right up to them and say hello.

The dark haired man turned to look at them. "Well hello there lady's. May I buy you a drink?"

"Aw, what the hell ya thinkin' Tama? We don't need no girls to have a good time." He turned away from them but not without eyeing Korin first.

"Excuse my friend here, would ya? He has a problem with women. Now what will you lady's be drinking?" The dark haired man, Tama offered Jenna his seat next to the young man Chiriko. Jenna reluctantly took the seat, looking back to Korin as her and Tama sat down and became immersed in conversation.

Korin couldn't help but stare from one man to the next. They looked so familiar to her but she just couldn't place them. Tama kept making eye contact with her until she finally just stared at her drink to avoid him.

She heard Korin laugh and glanced over at her. Their eyes met and Korin whispered something to Tama before coming to stand next to her. Tama also stood and came towards his friends.

"Hey, come on let's get a table. These girls are from your town Tasuki, so you won't feel so lonely." Tama winked at the man called Tasuki whose eyes had gone wide as he shook his head no.

Jenna took Korin by the arm. Jenna glared at her then quickly whispered in her ear. "Let's go to the bathroom. Now."

Once in the restroom Jenna told her not to tell them who her father was because the red haired one worked for him. Korin promise so long as Jenna agreed to have a good time. Jenna nodded. "I promise but only if you keep you're mouth shut."

Korin laughed and nodded as she fixed her hair in the mirror. Her hand stopped in mid motion as she looked at the mole on her cheek. She remembered looking in the mirror at `himself' in the dream; he also had the same mole. She shook her head, thinking. `No, this is too weird. Forget it.'

She was so confused. "Jen, I'll meet you at the table alright? I need to fix my hair." She started pulling at her hair with a ferocity that shocked Jenna.

"Here, let me help you before you pull your hair out." Jenna reached out a hand to help her and Korin smacked her hand away and backed up.

"Please don't." Korin put her hands to her sides. "Just don't touch me right now, okay?" She looked up at Jenna and gave a half smile. "Will you just give me a minute alone, please?"

Jenna thought Korin looked like she was ready to cry. "What's wrong Korin? Did that guy say something to you? What is it?"

Korin turned back to the mirror and finished unbraiding her hair then started brushing it out. It fell in waves down her back and she shook her head forward giving herself a wild look.

"No, he didn't say anything. I'm all right, really. I just want to be wild tonight, that's all." She glanced up at Jenna in the mirror. "Come on, don't look at me like that. Just go have a good time, I'll be there in a minute."

Jenna stared at her giving her a quizzical look. "Are you sure?" Korin was acting very strange and she was worried.

Korin stomped her foot. "Will you just go already. I'm fine, stop worrying."

*****************************************************

Several hours later, Jenna had her hair down too and they were all laughing as Korin arm wrestled with Tasuki beating him every time. Tama had been taking bets with others in the bar and sat counting his money, while Chiriko sat off by himself contemplating the situation. He was not a heavy drinker like his buddies and he really found their actions to be a little appalling sometimes.

The bartender interrupted them by telling them it was closing time. "Aww, already?" Korin turned a sweet smile to him and he just shook his head as he took away their glasses.

"Well, I guess it's time we take the party home." Korin stood taking Jenna by the arm. "Come on you guys. We've got plenty to drink at the beach house."

"Ya, awright, let's get goin' then." Tasuki stood up with the Tama and Chiriko following behind.

*******************************************************

Once at the beach house, Jenna starting making frozen margarita's as Tama told them about his home in China. Tasuki sat fidgeting; pushing his hair back from his eyes watching Korin's every move. She seemed familiar to him and he couldn't understand why. The faces she made, the way she winked at Jenna when she called him flame boy. How he wished Tama had never told her his nickname. It really embarrassed him but he loved the way it rolled off her tongue.

He was brought out of his musings when Jenna suddenly keeled over in his lap. "Wha' da hell?" He looked down at her. She looked like so much like Korin. Her hair splayed out on his legs and hung almost to floor. She was really beautiful. He wondered if her and Korin had boyfriends.

"Ugh, excuse my friend there. I think she had a little too much." Korin came over and picked up Jenna, laying her down on the other side of the sofa.

"Ha, ya think so. You girls got boyfriends?" The words came out of his mouth before he even realized he said it out loud.

Tama and Chiriko stared at him open mouthed. This was the guy that would only take a woman when he needed and he was asking if they had boyfriends.

"Hey, stop looking at me like that!" He turned his eyes away from them and found something interesting on his pants leg.

Korin walked over to him, running her hand across his shoulders. "Gee flame boy, why ya' asking?" She grinned down at him as he shrugged her hand away. She thought it was so cute. "Aww, you're blushing." She giggled as she leaned down and kissed his cheek, making his face turn even redder.

He didn't know why but this woman was driving him crazy. He felt so comfortable with her as if he'd know her his whole life. He shook his head trying to shake away the thoughts he was having.

Tama stood up sensing his friend was about to panic. "I think we should be going now." Tasuki jumped up so quickly he banged right into Korin as she was taking a sip of her drink.

"Geez, what's the rush?" She wiped her lips with the back of her hand as she stared into his amber eyes. They were like fiery orbs that sent chills coursing through her body. She looked away, cursing herself. `Damn Korin, you've had too much to drink!'

"Well, it was nice meeting you guys. Sorry you have to leave so soon but it is late." She rushed the words out so quickly that they all stared at her for a moment before moving. They said their good nights as she walked them to the door.

********************************************************

"What was that all about?" Tama looked to Tasuki as they walked across the street. Tasuki shook his. "Don't ask."

"I think he actually likes her!" Tama and Chiriko started laughing as Tasuki stomped off to the main house. "Hey, wait up. You do, don't you?" Tama grinned at Tasuki's retreating back. Wow, Tasuki likes a woman? That's unbelievable.

********************************************************

Korin stood leaning against the door after she closed it. `What the hell is wrong with you? He's not your type at all. He's too wild, untamed.' She put her hand to her cheek and giggled. `So why are you still thinking about him?' She pushed herself away from the door and went to sit down on the sofa.

********************************************************