Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Only In My Heart ❯ Black ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer:: Nope don't own, never will…

Chapter 9 "Black"

Hotohori and Tasuki turned around as they heard the glass breaking. Tasuki jumped up and ran as he saw the woman crumble. He made it just time, catching her before she hit the floor.

"Korin." He whispered. The hostess and Hotohori ran over to help her. The hostess motioned for him to follow her and he carried her to a back room that was the owner's office. He lay her down on the sofa and the hostess went off to find to Betty.

Korin opened her eyes to see Tasuki's amber eyes staring into hers. "Are you okay?" He asked smiling down at her.

She gave him a half-hearted smiled. "Yeah, what happened?" She asked as she started to sit up. Then she looked and saw Hotohori sitting on the end of the sofa. She stared at him wide-eyed, unbelieving.

"Ho… Ho… Hotohori?" She asked. He nodded and smiled.

"Yes? Do I know you?" She quickly ran a hand through her hair and thought of a way to explain.

"Um, no. It's just… Tasuki must have mentioned you that's all." She smiled at him then averted her eyes so he wouldn't see the shock that filled them.

Betty arrived just in time to save her having to explain any further as Tasuki was beginning to protest ever having mentioned his friend.

*************************************************************

Jenna sat her apartment, unable to sleep, brooding over the events from the night before. She had just sat down to eat a cup of ramen noodles when the doorbell rang.

Answering it, she found a short Chinese man holding a package. He spoke to her in a dialect she couldn't understand so he pointed to the address on the package. She acknowledged that it was she and turned reaching for her purse to give the man a tip. When she turned back around, he had left, leaving the package on the floor.

It was wrapped in plain brown wrapping with a red cord tied around it. She sat on the sofa opening it to find a note.

`My dearest Jenna, We will be double dating tonight with your friend Korin and Tasuki. Please accept this gift and wear it tonight. I will pick you up in the alley at 7PM. H.'

Jenna smiled as she thought. `So Korin found the mystery man.' She looked back down at the package and carefully removed the white tissue paper.

"What the hell?" She began laughing as she pulled the one-piece black leather outfit out of the wrappings. Holding it up to herself, she thought. `You have got to be kidding me.' She went to the bathroom to look in the full-length mirror and laughed again. It was a one-piece sleeveless outfit that looked like it would fit like a second skin. The zipper reached from below the waist to the bosom.

She looked down at her watch and realized it was already 6:30 so she hurriedly pulled off her jeans and sweater and slipped into the outfit. Looking at herself, she gave another laugh as she pulled the zipper up, then she lowered it a little to show off some cleavage. She shook her hair out of the ponytail she always wore and pulled some forward to hang over her shoulders. She quickly checked the little makeup she wore. Making sure it wasn't smudged and smiled at her self. `Damn you look good in black.' She mused.

Then ran back to the living room. Looking down at the package, she saw that he had even sent her a jacket and matching boots to go with the outfit. She sighed. `How did he ever get the size right?' Then she thought it must have been Korin that's the only way he would have gotten the sizes correct.

She slipped on the black ankle boots, zipping them up then put the jacket on. She grabbed her purse on the way to the door and ran down the steps to the back door.

As she waited in the alley, she saw the motorcycles come around the corner, racing each other. She guessed that the red racing bike could only belong to Tasuki and since he had a passenger, she knew it was Korin. They pulled up in front of her and Korin jumped off quickly running over to her.

Korin was dressed in an outfit that matched Tasuki's and his bike. Deep, blood red leather with many chains and zippers. Their helmets matched too, being red and white as the cycle.

Korin whispered in her ear. "Ya sorta left out the little detail that the date you had was with the man in your dreams, didn't ya?" Korin put her helmet to her waist and waited for Jenna to reply.

Jenna just stared at her. So, it was true, Korin was having the same dreams and she recognized him too. Hotohori beeped the horn on his bike bringing her attention to him and she smiled widely at him as he took his helmet off. He was grinning as his hair fell in waves about his shoulders and he shook it out. Jenna's breath caught for a moment at the beautiful sight, he was so incredibly sexy, and she turned several shades of red at the thought.

"So we meet again. Are you not going to come over here and bump into me?" He grinned at her as he threw his leg over the bike getting off and picking up an extra helmet he had attached to the back. Jenna could do nothing but stare at him in awe. He was the most attractive man she had ever seen. And he knew it, she mused to herself.

She slowly walked over towards him and he rested the helmet on his seat then reached out to pull her hair up. Holding her hair with one hand, he reached with the other to put the helmet on top of her head, tucking up the stray hair that wanted to fall down. She shivered as his hand brushed against her cheek.

He buckled the strap, then he whispered in her ear. "You look wonderful in that outfit." He glanced down at her and her eyes followed his down to her cleavage. She blushed and smiled nervously, not knowing how to respond to his words and gaze.

As if sensing her nervousness he smiled gently as he flipped the visor down over her eyes and took her by the arm. He swung his leg over the cycle and turned to look at her. "Jump on."

She nervously got on behind him as he slipped his helmet on. Then he reached behind himself taking her hands in his and wrapping them around his waist. She held on lightly until he started the cycle, then she clung to him for dear life as she had never been on a motorcycle and it scared her. He turned his head slightly as she rested her head against his shoulder and he smiled.

***************************************************

The ride they took was too short for Jenna. She was just starting to relax, it was exhilarating riding on the back of the cycle. They arrived at their destination, a small bar that was rather rough looking with other cycles parked out front.

Upon entering, the smell of booze and cigarettes assaulted them. Jenna and Korin both put their hands to their nose then looked at each other laughing.

The four of them went to the bar, ordered drinks, and began talking about what they would do the rest of the night. Then Korin and Tasuki sat off the side by themselves leaving Hotohori and Jenna to sit alone.

Jenna found herself sitting on the bar stool with Hotohori's arm around her shoulders with him whispering in her ear something about the shitty bar Tasuki insisted on coming to. Then suddenly a very large man approached them.

He was a dirty sort of fellow, big, bearded with greasy shoulder length hair. Wearing a t-shirt and jeans that appeared to not have been washed in a long time, he was just nasty.

Putting his arms around both Jenna and Hotohori's shoulders, he spoke in a gruff voice. "Why don't you ladies join me and my friends." Tasuki and Korin saw the man coming over to their friends and immediately took guard on either side of them. Hotohori slowly stood up and turned to stare the man in the eyes.

"But I do not think you are my type." He gave the man a big grin as the man quickly took a step backwards realizing his mistake.

"Geez, do you really think an oaf like that could actually pick up women?" Korin laughed as the man walked back to the table where his two friends were sitting.

Hotohori smiled at Jenna as he pushed her hair to the side to whisper in her ear. "I always seem to have this problem." He laughed. "Everyone thinks I'm so beautiful." He winked at her as Tasuki rolled his eyes overhearing the last part. They all began laughing.

"Hey! You boys better leave. We don't want no girlie men around here." One of the men at the table yelled over to them.

Tasuki straightened up and slowly turned around, tilting his head and giving a fanged grin. "Just who ya think ya calling girlie?" He flexed his muscles. Korin grabbed his arm telling him to sit down. But it was too late.

Hotohori grabbed Jenna's arm indicating to her to make for the door but then pushed her behind him as he saw the men coming at them.

Tasuki found himself reaching over his shoulder for something but had no idea what or why he had done that just as the first man tackled him knocking him against Korin.

Korin grabbed the man by the back of the neck and threw him backward into his friends sending them all flying into a table in a heap.

Tasuki looked at Korin. "Damn girl, where'd that come from?" He grinned at her as she nodded that the men were coming back their way.

Mr. Ugly that had hit on Hotohori and Jenna took a swing at Hotohori. He ducked shaking his head as he punched the man in the stomach pushing him back into his friends.

Jenna just stood there, in shock. Her second date and a fight breaks out. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. She ducked as a bottle of beer flew past her head. She watched as the men and her friend fought side by side as if it was choreographed.

Korin yelled. "I've. Had. Enough. Of this!" With one quick push, she sent the man she was fighting with flying into the others and they all crashed to floor. She looked around at Tasuki grinning and brushing her hands together.

Hotohori grabbed Jenna's hand. "Let's get out of here. Now!" He pulled her towards the door as Tasuki and Korin followed behind. The men were starting to get up again as they ran outside jumping on their motorcycles.

Tasuki turned his bike around as the bar door flew open and the men came running out. He grinned at them as he drove his bike over to where there was a row of cycles lined up. Korin put her foot out kicking them over and the bikes tumbled like a row of dominoes.

Then they sped off into the night laughing.

************************************************************

They drove out of town into the rural parts, where there was nothing but tobacco and soy fields. It was a beautifully clear night, the moon and stars shining brightly. They passed a few houses before coming to a barn with a big smiley face painted on the side. Pulling their bikes up in front of the barn they got off and stretched.

"Man, that was fun." Tasuki grinned as he put his arm around Korin's shoulder. She elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to double over. "Hey, what was that for?"

She strolled away from him, walking towards the creek. "You nearly got us killed. Haven't you learned when to keep your damn mouth shut?"

"Hey, I was protectin' my friends." He turned away from her crossing his arms across his chest. "Damn women." He looked at Hotohori who was grinning from ear to ear. "Aww, shit." He turned back towards Korin and started to strut after her.

Jenna watched the interaction the whole while fidgeting with the zipper on her jacket. Why did she suddenly feel so uncomfortable? She felt like a 5th wheel even though she was supposed to be with Hotohori.

She glanced up to see him smiling at her; arms across his chest with his head slightly tilted staring at her. His eyes glistened in the moonlight and she felt herself blush. She flash backed to one of her dreams in which she was standing near a pond with the man and his eyes twinkled the same way before he kissed her.

He turned suddenly, walking towards the barn and she followed him. He opened the huge door and reached in pulling out two sleeping bags. He turned and threw one to her. She was shocked but caught it. He laughed.

"Don't look so worried. We are just going to sit by the creek." He closed the door and walked past her and she followed him to where Tasuki and Korin stood hand in hand looking up at the stars.

Tasuki turned taking the sleeping bag from Hotohori. Hotohori turned back to Jenna, taking her hand and leading her away from Tasuki and Korin.

When they were almost out of sight he took the sleeping bag from her and spread it out on the ground then layed down on it staring up at the sky.

Jenna stared at him a moment before sitting down next to him. She couldn't help the images that floated through her mind. Images from her dreams, as clear as day, worked their way into her thoughts. She looked over at him out of the corner of her eye. She was positive he was the man from her dreams.

They sat there in silence staring at the stars. He had a dreamy, far away look on his face. Jenna watched him; he seemed to be searching the sky for something.

He suddenly turned and spoke. "Do you believe in reincarnation?" She gawked at him for a moment, unable to find her thoughts. He shook his head and looked back to the sky. "You probably think that's silly don't you?"

Jenna looked up. "Why would I think that's silly? Yes, I believe. Korin and I have been dreaming about you." Her eyes flew open wide, she hadn't meant to say the last part out loud. She turned to stare at him. "I, I mean before we met. We were having dreams about the same man. You resemble him." She stared down at the sleeping bag feeling absolutely silly for saying that.

He began to laugh. "Well I hope they were pleasant dreams."

Jenna blushed, thinking of a dream where they had made love. Her body began to tingle at the memory and she glanced over at him shyly.

He watched her and laughed harder as he sat up, leaning towards her.

"Hmm, must have been a really pleasant dream. Perhaps you should tell me about it." He didn't think it was possible but she blushed even more.

Jenna shook her head as the memory of his death flooded her mind. She lost the smile that was playing upon her lips. "I don't want to talk about the dreams. Okay?"

He watched the emotions that passed across her face. A sudden sadness filled her beautiful eyes as they glazed over with unshed tears.

"Are you all right? You sudden look as though you will cry." He reached out a hand to touch her cheek and she turned away.

She attempted to giggle but it came out sounding like a choked frog. He put his arm around her and pulled her close.

"I am sorry. I hope the dreams were not that bad that you still shed a tear." He rubbed her back and she put her hands to her face and began to sob.

He watched her in horror. `What the hell did I do? I am such an asshole. What a way to make an impression bringing up a subject to make her cry.'

A few minutes past and she recovered herself. "You must think I'm crazy." She sniffled. "Crying over a dream. It was just so real at the time."

He chuckled softly as he ran his hand up to her hair. It was like the purest silk as he let it flow through his fingers. She was so familiar to him, the attraction he had he couldn't explain. Even when he thought he was in love with Miaka, he never felt such familiarity.

"Not at all. I too have had dreams that made me want to cry. Dreams that would never be fulfilled. Dreams that were just that, dreams."

Jenna nodded. "Yes, just dreams." She felt his words spoke of untold longing and she was about to ask him about his dreams when he stood up, reaching his hand out to her.

"Lets go someplace else." He helped her to stand then bent down rolling up the sleeping bag. Then without a word he walked toward where they had left Tasuki and Korin.

As they came through the trees they found Tasuki and Korin embraced in a kiss. Hotohori turned to her, handing her the sleeping bag and grinning.

Then he quietly walked up to where they were laying and he growled.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrr." They pushed away from each other in terror. Then Tasuki stood up. "What the hell ya doing?" He balled his fists and lunged at Hotohori and they took off running toward the barn.

Jenna smiled and watched as Tasuki chased Hotohori. Then she turned to Korin who had started to roll up the sleeping bag.

"You sure don't waste time, do you Korin?" Jenna grinned at her friend.

Korin blushed slightly. "You know, I just feel like I've known him a long time. It's so natural. Everything just clicks." She snapped her fingers then sighed. "But Hotohori sure is a babe. You better make your move soon or else, well maybe I'll go after him next."

Jenna's mouth dropped open. "Don't you dare." She threw the sleeping bag she was holding at Korin, who caught it with one hand. And they squealed with laughter as they ran back to the barn to meet the guys.

*************************************************************

They got back on the cycles and drove to a condominium complex. Looking around Jenna thought it had the effect of living in the woods. Trees lined the roads, a bridge that crossed a small creek and a very large wooded area with trails.

"Who lives here?" She asked as she slipped her helmet off. She'd never known a place like this existed. It must be expensive was her next thought.

"I do, of course." Hotohori took her hand, leading them up a few steps to the door. He unlocked and bowed, telling them to go in.

Once inside Jenna was shocked. It had a very modern décor but with paintings of ancient China hanging on the walls. She gazed at the pictures of warriors riding horses and the palaces. They were so beautiful.

Korin nudged her and whispered in her ear. "Don't flip out, okay?" Jenna raised an eyebrow, looking at her quizzically.

"What are you talking about?" Jenna whispered back to Korin.

Korin smiled. "Nevermind." She turned and walked away as Jenna stared after her. `What the hell was that about? Don't flip out? Why would she flip out?' She turned back to look at the paintings and her heart stopped.

`Don't flip out?! Oh my god.' She could feel the color drain from her face as she stared at the painting. It was a beautiful painting of a grand ancient palace overlooking a pond. She knew this palace and she knew this pond. That was the pond where her and the man had made love upon the bank in the moonlight.

She had told Korin about this dream. Why had she not warned her early? Hotohori touched her shoulder and she turned, looking into his eyes as everything around her went black.