Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Only In My Heart ❯ Not Meant To Be ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer :: Nope I'll never own. So why do ppl insist I write this?

Chapter 11

"Not Meant to Be"

"… And when the seven celestial warriors come together at once in the priestess' world, so will all their memories… "

Halfway around the world Chichiri sat up in bed and wiped the sweat from his brow. He chuckled softly. `What the hell? Me, a monk?' Chichiri grinned as he looked over at the woman who had shared his bed the night before. "Not in this lifetime, ya know." He laughed harder when the image of the ugly old woman passed through his mind. `What the hell was that?' He thought, as he stood up to go take a shower.

He let the cold water rain down upon his body as he attempted to erase the strange dream from his mind. He turned his face to the water but it wasn't working. He couldn't remember anything about the dream, other than the strange woman and the last words she spoke to him. All he could think about was the figure that floated before him, the words were too confusing to understand. That woman, she was so familiar but he couldn't seem to remember why.

What the hell was it about the celestial warriors? Something about meeting and memories, I wonder what it meant. He had read the ancient scripture about the four gods and the priestess' but it was a myth. And better yet what the hell did it have to do with him? And himself dressed as a monk? He reached out, turning the shower off with a laugh.

He of all people, a monk. The idea was ludicrous. He grabbed a towel and blotted the water from his long blond hair. Then tying another around his waist, he walked back to the bedroom to stare at the woman sleeping in his bed. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever known. Her long dark hair was fanned out above her head and her ivory skin shown like moonlight. She stirred, peeking out of one eye as one long leg stretching out to touch his.

He grinned down at her, removing the towel as he climbed in under the covers. `Mental note to self, tell Mitsukake about this...'

************************************************************

Hotohori sat on the edge of the bed with his back to Jenna. At the realization that she was having a sexual dream about him, he became instantly aroused himself. He thought he was the only one that was thinking along those lines. He jerked, startled from his thoughts as he heard her muffled speech.

"Is Korin still here?" Jenna didn't pick her head up from her knees; she was too embarrassed. How could this be? She thought all those dreams she was having about the man were just dreams, this was too real, and now she knew it was him. And he had been lying in the bed next to her while she had this dream. How humiliating.

Hotohori slowly rose. He was speechless. He walked to the door not answering her and went into the other room. Upon entering he heard laughter and saw Tasuki and Korin sitting at the kitchen table with several bottles of wine between them. The both looked up at him, their faces both blushed from the alcohol and their laughter.

He said not a word but went straight to the bar cart against the wall. Bending down he opened the cabinet and reached for the bottle of Jack Daniel's. Quickly unscrewing the cap, he put it to his mouth and took a long swig. He had to get his mind under control, this was all too much for him. As interesting as she is, this was not meant to be. His family had seen to that by signing a betrothal at his birth. But he could still play around right? But she was not the type to be played, she was the type a man would fall in love with, forever. He sighed as he took another sip from the bottle.

Korin raised her eyebrows. Tasuki's eyes went wide, he'd never seen Hotohori drink straight from a bottle. He was raised as a gentleman and gentleman didn't drink from bottles. What the hell is going on? He stood, strolling over to his friend.

"Hey, ya know ya wanna go easy on this stuff." He took the bottle from his friend's hand. Hotohori stared at him, expressionless. Tasuki reached into the cabinet taking out a glass then poured the amber liquid to the rim before handing it to Hotohori.

Hotohori took the glass, taking a sip, he turned to stare at Korin before speaking. Then he took another drink and blinked several times before he was able to find his voice. "Jenna is awake and is asking for you." He said nothing more before walking to the sofa and sitting down, taking another gulp of his drink.

Korin took a bottle of water from the refrigerator and grabbed her bottle of wine. She nodded at Tasuki as if to say, talk to him. Tasuki shrugged his shoulders at her as she walked past to go to the bedroom.

*************************************************************

Korin entered the bedroom to find Jenna sitting on the edge of the bed crying. She immediately thought the worse. "I'll kill the bastard! Did he touch you?" She walked quickly over to Jenna who reached out and grabbed the bottle of wine from her. Jenna threw her head back and gulped the wine, some of it dripping out the sides of her mouth onto the silk shirt. Then her eyes met Korin's and she began to laugh and cry at the same time.

"Why did I ever agree to this? I should have known something like this would happen." She leaned her head on Korin's shoulder. "I'm so stupid."

Korin leaned over taking the bottle of wine from Jenna's hand and taking a drink. "So ya gonna tell me exactly what happened or do I plummet the man to death?" She gave Jenna a big grin and passed the bottle back to her.

Jenna laughed wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "He didn't do anything. While I was out, I had that dream again…" She gulped. "The one where I'm making love to the man by the pond." She leaned her head back, closing her eyes taking another drink of the wine.

Korin gasped grabbing Jenna's arm and sending more wine down the front of her shirt. "You didn't! Oh gods, you're kidding me? He knows don't he." It was more of a statement than a question and she added. "That's why he looks like that." Korin began to laugh. "Hmm, well this is getting pretty interesting."

Jenna shoved Korin away and began to laugh too. The wine was going right to her head, just as she wanted. `I need to go home, now.' She mentally told herself. I can't be here, this will never work out, my family… Her thought stopped as she registered what Korin had just said.

"This isn't funny. He was laying on the bed next me and I rubbed his stomach!" Jenna put a hand to face covering her eyes. "What am I going to do? He must think I'm a total perv."

Korin stared at her, trying not to let out the giggle that threatened to escape. She put her arm around Jenna's shoulders to comfort her. "Aww, I'm sure he understands you were just dreaming. Did he say anything to you?" She pulled her friend close and gently rocked her.

Jenna began to softly giggle than flung her self on the bed in a fit of laughter. Korin stood up staring down at her friend. "Say anything? What could he say to some woman he only just met, rubbing his stomach as she moans his name in her sleep?"

Korin's mouth opened slightly as if she were going to speak but no words came out. She didn't know what to tell her friend. Finally, she thought it might be best to get her out of there. "Um Jen? Maybe I should take you home? You've had a hard day and I think maybe its getting to you." Korin reached out to take Jenna's hand.

Jenna sat up on the edge of the bed, laughing. She took another swig of the wine, spilling yet more down the front. Now that she drank the wine, she didn't really want to go home. "No, I'm not ready yet. We came here to party didn't we? So let's party then." She stood up and looked down at herself. Realizing for the first time, she was wearing `his' shirt and not her own clothes. And she had now spilled at least a fourth of the wine down the front of it.

"Oh my god, Korin. I've ruined his shirt!" She looked around frantically, eyeing the closet door. Korin understood her thoughts and walked over grabbing another shirt off the hanger and throwing it at Jenna.

Jenna quickly changed, balling the stained shirt then running a hand through her hair. She walked towards the door and paused to look at her reflection in the mirror. `I think I like this.' She thought to herself as she smoothed the shirt down. Then smiling, she turned to Korin. "Okay, so let's go party."

*************************************************************

Hotohori had told Tasuki what had happened. Tasuki on the other hand, filled Hotohori in on all the things that Korin had told him about Jenna's dreams. Tasuki and Hotohori heard the girls laughing and when they burst from the room both men gave a slight jump, as they were startled.

Jenna stood in the doorway and glanced around the room. Seeing it for the first time, she was shocked. Thinking it looked just like one her fathers apartments that he let her stay in one time. It said business all over, not a homey bit of furnishings anywhere. Except for maybe the paintings of China, they were definitely not her father's taste.

She held the balled up shirt for Hotohori to see. "Sorry about this, I spilt wine on it. I'm just gonna go to the kitchen and clean it up." She breezed into the kitchen and went to the sink running the cold water over it.

Hotohori came up behind, he reached his hand out to take the shirt from her. "You do not have to do that. I have plenty more." He dropped the shirt in the sink and turned the water off, then walked back to the livingroom. "Would you like some more wine? Or would you prefer something else?"

"Um, yeah, wine." Jenna stuttered as she answered him, coming up behind him. She immediately noticed that one wall of the livingroom was covered in paintings of ancient China. Each one captured her attention. She found herself longing to be inside those paintings. The familiarity was intense although she had only visited China one time as a child.

Korin came up next to her, nudging her, trying to snap her out of her revere. "Your not going to faint on us again, are you?" Korin then breezed past her into the kitchen. "What'd ya say to playing a little drinking game boys?" She turned to wink at Tasuki but noticed both him and Hotohori were staring at Jenna.

Jenna had her back to them, lost in her thoughts. Korin noticed the hem of the shirt she was wearing barely covered her backside. She huffed, walking towards the sofa and slamming the glass she held in her hand on the coffee table. The impact caused the glass to shatter. And startle the men. But Jenna remained oblivious to anything.

"Oh geez." Korin giggled. "I'm sorry, sometimes I just don't know my own strength." She turned walking to the kitchen to get a dustpan and brush. When she returned the men were back to staring at Jenna.

"Are you guys going to just sit there gawking at her or what?" She pulled a chair out a little too roughly making a loud thumping noise that made both men stare at her for a moment. She shrugged, turning her head to the side. "What?"

Hotohori's gaze drifted back to Jenna. She stood there like a goddess in his silk shirt. He shook his head to clear the thoughts that ran through his mind then he stood and walked towards her. She was so beautiful. He just wanted to reach out and touch her.

Putting his hand on her elbow to get her attention, he tilted his head toward the sofa and led her that way. "I take it you like my paintings?" He asked her as she sat down staring at a very large portrait above the television. It was similar to the one in the hallway only on much grander scale. She was speechless.

The painting was of a palace, as if looking up from the other side of the lake, with beautiful gardens sloping downwards toward the water. It was breathtakingly painted in vivid colors as if she were looking out a window not at an oil painting. Her mind seemed to flash back for a moment to standing by the lake looking up at the palace. That palace, it was as if the painter took it straight from her dreams.

She spoke in a quiet, faraway voice. "Those gardens. They weren't always there. I remember staring at the palace from that spot by the lake. I was so lonely. Everything was so lifeless and dead after you were gone." Realizing that she had spoken out loud, she put her hands to her mouth and turned to stare at Hotohori.

He didn't know what to say. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights. It was impossible, how would she have known if the gardens didn't always exist? They had always been there, planted by his ancestral grandmother one hundred years before. Or so that's what his father had told him. And what did she mean after he was gone. What was she talking about?

He wanted to ask her several questions but her eyes took in another painting. Standing up she walked to the far wall and reached her hand out to touch the painting hanging there. The painting was of a phoenix with its wings outstretched flying about the clouds. The whole painting seemed to glow of its own accord as her fingers reached out to touch it. She stared at it as if in a trance. All the fears from her dreams crept into her mind.

Hotohori came up beside her to explain the painting but he was cut off by her words.

"No, I won't let you take him from me again." She whispered as tears began to well behind her eyes again. She turned reaching out to Hotohori, she clutched his shirt as she sobbed. "No." She didn't want to look at that painting, she wanted to run. She didn't ask to have these dreams, why were they coming true in the real world. Was she destined to lose him again?