Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Whenever, Wherever ❯ Embrace ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: Sappy stuff going on between Genrou and Miaka!

Disclaimer: Still don't own anything!

Chapter Two

As Miaka was walking with the guys, she saw him. A man walking on the opposite side of the street dressed in a stiff suit that contrasted to his long brown hair held back in a ponytail.

"Hotohori!" she gasped staring at him, "Hotohori!" she screamed running across the busy road. Miaka noticed the black pick up truck at the last minute. Her eyes widened in shock as she turned to see it barreling towards her, the driver honking wildly.

It tried to brake, but the last thing she remembered was a solid wall of black.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miaka woke to an overwhelming smell of cinnamon. `So this is what heaven smells like, mmm it smells good!' Not daring to open her eyes in fear of being greeted by angels, Miaka clamped her eyes shut.

She heard a steady thudding and realized she was lying on something firm, but not uncomfortable. Miaka discovered was that of a heart and that she must be lying atop of someone.

A blush crept on to her cheeks and very reluctantly she opened her eyes. The concerned face of Genrou's met her gaze.

To both of their surprise, he flung his arms around her and kissed her hungrily. He ran his hands through her hair and stopped kissing her only when they ran out of breath. "Thank god you're okay," he murmured shakily.

Not listening to her mind that was screaming Tamahome, Miaka kissed him again. A flood of passion rushed through her unlike anything she has felt before with Tamahome. To put it simply it was pure, unchecked desire.

They were brought back to reality unpleasantly when Kouji yelled, "Hey dumbasses, you know you're makin' out on a sidewalk?" Miaka rolled off him immediately and he face felt like it was flaming with embarrassment.

Genrou got up first and offered to help her up which she accepted. They were indeed on a sidewalk and a crowd had gathered to see if Miaka was okay.

"I'm okay!" she told them. The people moved on, glad to see that the young woman was all right. Sighing softly, Miaka wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest. He hugged her back and said softly, "It's weird, I just met you but I feel like I've known you forever."

Miaka couldn't help it. Tears brimmed her eyes and she cried into his sweatshirt.

"Miaka?"

"Oh Genrou, you don't remember!" The sobs raked through her entire body as she hugged him closer to her.

"Are you okay? What's bugging you?" Genrou asked her, his voice filled with worry. After hearing no reply he took her hands in his own and said, "Don't cry! Please, tell me what's wrong."

Not wanting to tell him the real reason why, Miaka lied, "I was just scared, I'm sorry."

He reached out his hand and brushed the tears away from her eyes, "Don't be sorry, I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Kouji suddenly broke in and growled, "If you two lovebirds don't mind, I'm hungry so I'm going home." With that he strode.

"I think I need to leave too, Minako's waiting for me to call," she told him.

Genrou nodded and swept her up for one last kiss. Miaka felt that same passion again and the two stood for a moment, just content to hold each other. She slowly drew away and giving him one last squeeze, walked home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When she entered her apartment, Miaka grabbed the phone and dialed Minako's number.

"Hello?" Minako's bubbly voice asked cheerfully.

"Er- hi, this is Miaka."

"Hi Miaka! Wanna come over now? I'll call the girls and we can help pick out your outfit!"

"Sure, where do you live?"

After getting Minako's address and the directions, Miaka hung up and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When she knocked on the door, a silver haired man wearing only a pair of black pants greeted her. "Hey," he said in a smooth tenor voice, "friend of Minako's?"

"Yeah," Miaka replied a bit of a blush on her cheeks.

He beckoned her inside and took her to Minako's room. "Nice meeting you!" he called as he shut the door.

Minako wearing a yellow tank top and white bellbottoms waved cheerfully as she entered. Rei wearing a very short black mini-dress and Usagi wearing jean flares and a low-cut silver top nodded to her. "Today you can wear one of my outfits, and tomorrow we'll go shopping!" Minako told her.

"Okay then." Miaka ended up trying on about fifteen different outfits until they all decided on one. It was a pair of tight leather flares, a silky white shirt, and lace up black boots.

They only buttoned two of the shirts buttons so most of her stomach was exposed. Then all three of them put her hair into millions of braids. Rei even added a magnetic stud to put on her nose.

"Wow!" she exclaimed when they put her in front of the mirror.

"You look great," Usagi told her.

Rei told her the same and commanded her to sit down so she could do her make up. She put silver eyeliner on her, light pink lipstick with tons of lip-gloss, and silver glitter everywhere on her face.

When everyone was done up, Miaka asked them hesitantly if one of them had Genrou's number.

Rei dialed it up for her and handed the phone over. It rang once, twice, three times before someone picked up. A guy that didn't sound like Genrou snapped, "Yeah who is this?"

"This is Miaka, who is this?"

"Kouji."

"Oh hey! Can I talk to Genrou?"

"Yeah, hold on." She heard the phone being set down and Kouji yelling, "Phone for you!!"

In a second Genrou was on the line and said, "Hello?"

"Gen-chan! Hello!" Miaka cried.

"Miaka! What's up?"

"I was wondering if you could walk me home after work?"

"Sure."

"Thanks! Bai bai!"

"I love you Miaka," he suddenly told her.

Her breath caught in her throat and she had to remind herself to breath. "I- I love you too."

"'Bye."

Miaka clicked off the phone and blushed when she realized the other girls were staring at her.

"Hey, what's going on between you guys?" Minako asked.

"Umm, I'm not very sure."

"Whatdya mean?" Rei demanded.

"I don't know what's going on between us!" Miaka yelled.

Usagi frowned thoughtfully and finally said, "No matter what, please treat him right. Genrou's a wonderful guy and I would hate to see him hurt."

Miaka smiled and promised she would treat him well.

Breaking the silence, Minako told them they better get going. Before they got out the door the silver haired guy kissed Minako goodbye.

"Bye Yaten, love you!" she exclaimed as they left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When they arrived at seven, the couple guys cheered. "It doesn't get busy `til ten," Usagi confided.

Miaka nodded and went behind the bar to talk to Ryuen. "You look cute! Doesn't she Kishuku?" he cried.

Kishuku nodded and looked her up and down. It made her embarrassed, but any guy that did that would. After kissing Genrou, Kishuku didn't have as much as an effect over her.

Ryuen whispered to her, "I put in a good word for you by the way."

Miaka thanked him and asked, "So what do I do?"

"Right no, just get people drinks, you won't have to dance until later," he replied.

She nodded and went behind the bar where she immediately spotted a guy. He had black hair that curled gently across his forehead, a long ponytail, and bright blue eyes. "Hi, can I get you something?"

"Could you get Usagi for me, we're friends."

"Sure!" she replied and walked over to Usagi. Miaka tapped her on the back and pointed to the guy. "He wants you."

Usagi blushed and went over to the guy. "Hey Seiya."

Seiya grinned, "Hey Odango!" He was referring to her hairstyle. Miaka watched them for a few seconds until Kishuku drew her into conversation.

He was blunt when he asked her, "Want to go to the movies tomorrow?"

"I'm sorry, I'm still moving in and tomorrow I was planning to get my apartment in order. Besides, the girls were going to take me shopping tomorrow." The part about unpacking was a lie.

"Okay then. Maybe another time?"

"Yeah, sure." Miaka discovered that time passed quickly and in no time at all, they were up dancing. She found it easy to just let loose and dance, which made the guys holler and whistle for "the new girl".

Again time passed quickly. It was one and everybody began leaving. Just two minutes after all the workers were to leave, Genrou showed up to walk her home.

"Hey!" she greeted him enthusiastically. Ryuen was the only one left so they gave him a quick wave before leaving.

When they got outside, Miaka nearly knocked him over when she jumped on him. The two were soon lost in each other's arms. She backed him up against a brick wall and ran her hands through his unruly hair lovingly.

"I've missed you," Miaka whispered. His reply was to kiss her sweetly again. After about three more minutes of this, the couple headed home.