Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Why Taka ❯ Decisions ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks a whole bunch to TsukiYasha for editing this. I'm not sure that anyone will be able to read this unless she did. I can't thank her enough for editing it. THANKS! ^_^

A/N sorry for any delay I had in writing and posting it. I am a freshman in HS and school is tugging me away from my computer time.


~ Stands for any unspoken thoughts.

Chapter 6- Decisions

Miaka sat down, afraid to find out what they had to tell her. Chichiri was looking at Miaka and had his mask of proving to Miaka's mind that what she is going to find out may change her life or hurt her. Tasuki refused to make eye contact and was obviously as spaced as everyone else. Miaka looked at each and every one of them trying to find out and get it over with. Tasuki looked up and looked in Miaka's eyes and saw that she was scared. Miaka got even more nervous and looked to Hotohori for help.

"Miaka, as far as we know, Tamahome is causing a lot of this madness in everyone. Chichiri and everyone discussed this matter and we came up with a few options." He paused.

"Options?" Miaka repeated, "What options, and what for? Why do I need to have options?'' squeaked Miaka. Miaka was starting to panic and everyone noticed the high level of tension everyone was giving off.

"Miaka, Do not get frantic. The main matter for us is to keep you safe from anyone that chooses to cause you intentional harm."

"Meaning Taka, huh?" She said looking at the floor. She didn't want anyone to notice that her eyes where welling up with tears so she kept her head down. Hotohori sighed and continued.

"Yes meaning Taka. That is why we needed to discuss some matters with you before we act on anything. The last thing we want is you angry with us." He stared at Miaka and slightly noticed something wet and shiny drop down off her face and figured out that she was crying. He cleared his throut and kneeled down beside her and placing a hand on her thigh. Hotohori's actions made a swarm of intense jealously shoot through Tasuki's body as Tasuki continued from Hotohori's words.

"We came up with these three ideas ta' keep ya' safe. We thought that we could go ta see th' ol' bat Taits-Kun an' ask her to transport all us ta your world. We where thinkin' it would make ya more happy to be in your own world but have us there ta keep ya safe."

"And the second?" Miaka said looking up at Tasuki. Tasuki saw the pain in Miaka's eyes and he looked away not being able to see Miaka cry like that. He swallowed hard and looked to everyone. He looked back at Miaka who still had her eyes locked on his and it was driving him crazy. He didn't want to tell her but someone had to.


"Tasuki? What is wrong. Come on, you can tell me.'' she said.

"Look it's just an idea. You don't have ta doing anything you don't wanna."

Miaka wanted to know so badly that she glared at Tasuki knowing he didn't want her to know. She grabbed Hotohori's hand and carefully slid it off of her and slowly stood up walking slowly to Tasuki. She got so close to Tasuki that she could feel his rapid and nervous breath on her face. She focussed on his eyes trying to get all that she can out of him. Slowly she opened her mouth and whispered to him.

"Tasuki. Tell me. Tell me now. I need to know, its not that big of a deal right? So come on and tell me." she said still crying hard and needing to know.

Tasuki looked up and mumbled something and all that Miaka could pick out was "not goin' home", "forever", "later", and "here". Miaka sat back down and asked again. This time she understood it completely and she wished that she had never asked.

"The other idea was for you ta stay here with us and let us keep ya safe...,"

"What's so bad about that, I could stay here for a month and go home and be safe." said Miaka not wanting to believe what her heart is telling her. She looked up and Nuriko who was shaking his head, he made eye contact with Miaka and felt her pain.

"Miaka," Nuriko said, "what Tasuki meant by you staying here with us is you staying here with us...forever... or until we know it is safe for you to go home and then maybe later you could go back home.

**************************************

Yui had finally found the scroll and was reading it when she came up the words Nuriko just had told Miaka. She dropped the scroll down crying and praying Miaka would come back home to her in a month like she had promised. She was stubbing back and forth when she heard a knock on the door. Slowly she walked to the door and opened it, looked who it was and fell into the arms is Teatsia, Miaka's brothers' best friend.

"Woah, Yui. What's up?" He said looking in the house for anyone else, then back down to Yui. "Where's Miaka? This came in the mail for her from her bro."

Yui pulled away from his arms and walked over to the floor where she had dropped the scroll. She picked up and looked at it as if it was some disgusting piece of trash.


"Hey! That's the Universe of the Four Gods scroll. Why you have it and where is Miaka?"

"You wanna find Miaka," Yui offered the scroll to him as he took it he eyed Yui not sure what the hell was going on." Go to Konan." she bawled.

**************************************


"What the hell is going on here?!" Tetsia hollered when he read what was going on with Miaka and the others while Yui filled him in with the previous events since she left. He continued reading as Yui's cries become more frequent in the mist of missing Miaka as she continued telling him.

"They are asking her to stay with them for good. How can they do that!" he yelled.


Yui stopped and looked at him with a confused look, she had been so into telling him what had happened that she hadn't realized what was going on with him.

"What do you mean?" she gasped and ran over to him and grabbed the scroll, she read, scanning the words again and again hoping they would change, they didn't.


******************************************

Miaka looked at Nuriko's face, not making eye contact. Tasuki got up from the table and touched Miaka's shoulder, signaling he wanted to talk to her alone. He glanced at Miaka who somehow managed to mouth "I'll be there in a few moments, Tasuki"


Tasuki understood and walked out.

Miaka looked at everyone who had their heads down. Miaka wanted to say something but she didn't know what to say. Nuriko grabbed Miaka's hand and with his other hand put Miaka's face up. He looked in her eyes and felt the pain and confusion she felt.

"Miaka, I know this is hard to take in, we need your decision by next week, Suzaku will be ready by then to transport you there or to close the barrier, we need to know." he said.

"I understand, first things first. I would like to somehow get in contact with Yui to tell her what's going on. She may not have been able to find the scroll."

Chichiri stood up and took off his mask."We can do that now, ya know"