Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Romance ❯ Take What You Can Get ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Gravitation or any of its characters.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For angst, mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Unexpected Romance
Track One
Take What You Can Get
Right now I'm suppose to be al dressed up because I'm getting ready for a date with some girl named Yumiko. Hiro, my best friend, insisted I go since he went through all the trouble of finding her for me. He's been worried about me, after all I have been rather down. He thinks I'm out here dying of loneliness, which is not true. I mean, I have my days and I have my nights, but I haven't gotten to the point where I'll take whatever I can get. There's a big difference between thirsty and dehydrated. But he has always thought that something was better than nothing, and look where it's gotten me.
"Shuichi? Hello, Shuichi! Have you been listening to a word I have been saying?" The intimidated red-head rose to her feet, slamming her fist against the restaurant table.
"Huh-what did you say?" Shuichi lifted his eyes to meet hers. His adorable, childish, unknowingness shined through his face.
"Forget it! I don't know why I ever bothered coming here today! I was excited when Hiro asked me to go out with the Shuichi Shindo, but I regret the whole thing now!" She stumped away, slamming the door behind her. Shuichi blushed suddenly as hundreds of customers looked at the dumbfounded pop idol.
He made a quick escape and headed back to the recording building. He had taken this date during his lunch break and was hoping to hit it off well enough to bring the girl back to meet the rest of the band members, but as you can tell it didn't go as planed.
"Hiro!" Shuichi burst into the recording room just as Hiro was making his way to the other exit. He could hear Shuichi's quick footsteps all the way down the hall and knew it didn't mean he hit it off well, and decided to make a run for it. Shuichi stared coldly at his friend, anger dwelling inside his eyes. "Why do you keep setting me up with these overly snobby, prissy, preppy girls, that do that do nothing but talk about themselves and past boyfriends.
Hiro backed away slowly as the raging pink-haired singer got closer. "Sorry Shuichi! But it isn't my fault you are so picky."
"I'm not picky!" Shuichi suddenly changed expressions. His eyes quickly watering and his bottom lip popped out. Before the gang had time to shield themselves, an ongoing rain of tears exploded from the idol. "Hiroooo! Wahhhhhhhhh!"
"Shuichi, calm down." Hiro approached his overwhelmingly cute friend in the mist of his sorrow and patted him on the head. He caringly comforted the boy. "I promise the next one will be more satisfying, ok?" He received a mournful nod before he continued. "You'll see Shuichi, the next one will be it." Sweet Shuichi quickly perked up and jumped up and down.
"Ok, then! Let's get down to practice!" he yelled running to the microphone. The producer and Mr. K just sighed in relief that Shuichi's all to sudden fits had ended earlier that usual.
Meanwhile
Mr. Seguchi and his wife Mika were having a rather depressing lunch break with his overly grumpy brother-in-law. The three sat down for coffee, even though Mika insisted it was bad for Yuki's health. But the self-caring writer ignored her suggestion and ordered it anyway.
"Eiri, when are you going to settle down?" Mika sighed in defeat as the waiter served the blond a cup of coffee. "You need to stop inviting countless women into your home and allowing them to stay over night." Seguchi giggled at his wife's hopeless argument and at Yuki's normal reaction, ignoring her completely.
"Like I told you before, I do not invite them." He took another sip of his coffee before gently placing it back down on the table.
"Well, when will you stop letting them get what they want?" Mika groaned after having to repeat herself only so it would be stating the truth as Yuki would prefer hearing it. Yuki just took another sip of his coffee and gave a muffled answer. "What?"
"I said 'my love life is nothing for you to interfere with'. I would rather deal with my own problems by myself, if you don't mind." Yuki gave her his world famous, cold glare. Clueing her that he was pissed off by her medaling.
"Eiri!" She groaned again, sitting back in her seat. She had once again lost the battle against her younger brother.
Seguchi on the other hand, was finding this whole situation quit entertaining. He giggled once more before stating his proposition. "Eiri. How about I search for you? After all, I would be a better interviewer than my wife. The common laws of us males are complete overwhelming to her, so it would only make better sense for me to help than her." Yuki looked up at his brother-in-law's polite smile and gave a 'humph', clueing he didn't care. In other words, neither a yes or a no, but to Seguchi it was a 'why not'.
The Next Day
Awkward as it was, I found myself preparing for yet another of Hiro's set ups. He had dragged me to a clothing store down town, in order to find some clothes to wear to my next date. But I was more shocked to find myself ongoing an sudden transformation.
"Hiro? What the hell is this?" Shuichi walked out from behind the changing curtain and in front of his waiting friend. Hiro had so quickly, after just getting in, handed Shuichi a pair of clothes he must have had on reserve. Shuichi walked to a mirror and doubtful looked at Hiro.
"I think you look great, Shuichi!" Hiro clapped his hands after watching the confused boy spin around into the mirror.
"Hiro, I don't know if you had noticed, but I'm wearing a skirt. Second, I'm not a girl." Shuichi turned toward his friend, fury once again taking over. Shuichi felt embarrassed at most. He was wearing a knee-length blue skirt with a school girl shirt. In the mirror he examined his preppy, high-school girl appearance. "Why the hell did you give this to me?"
Hiro smiled, sweat running from his forehead. "Well...you see..." He took a deep breath and released slowly before returning to his straightened position. "You see...your date...she's a he."
"What! You got me a hook up with a guy!"