Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters Most ❯ Chapter Two: Life's Lessons ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two: Life's Lesson

Two days have passed since the little confession in the toy store, and that seems to be the only thing on Adrian's mind. He just can't shake the feeling of something. What is what he doesn't know? Adrian knows he's not gay, or is he?

`I've never really thought about it.' He thought.

"ADRIAN!" his band mate yelled.

"Huh… What?" Adrian asked, snapping out of his gaze.

"That's it. I give up." The other said.

"Kai, just wait foe a minute... Let's take a break and will try again okay?" the first one asked.

"Fine, I'll be outside smoking if ya need me." Kai said.

Kai left the room, which left Adrian and Chiko. Chiko walked over to Adrian and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Adrian, what's wrong with you?" Chiko asked.

"What do you mean?" Adrian asked.

"Well, lately, you just haven't been yourself. I know Kai and just got here, but we've been buddies for a while now and I know when something's wrong with you. I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but I think that it will be easier if you tell someone so that you and they can get it sorted out. So what's bothering you?" Chiko asked.

"Two days ago, I was confronted by Ask's vocal singer Taichi. He dragged me to a back room in this toy store. There he told me he loved me. He forced a kiss on me." Adrian said almost in tears.

"Then what's the problem?" Chiko asked.

"The problem is, I liked it but I'm not gay. I don't know what to do." Adrian cried. He threw himself into the arms of his best friend.

"There, there. What makes you think you're not gay? Have you ever had a girlfriend before?" Chiko asked.

"No, but still…" Adrian said.

"But still nothing Adrian, you don't know if you're gay or not." Chiko said. He lifted Adrian's head so he could see Adrian's eyes. Then he did something unexpected. He leaned down and kissed Adrian.

The kiss was warm and comforting, just what Adrian needed at the time. At first Chiko didn't think Adrian was going to respond, but after awhile, Adrian wrapped his arms around Chiko's neck, and started to kiss back. The kiss lasted for minutes on in end. The two didn't think they could break it until they heard someone clear their throat in the background. The two pulled apart, with a loud smack, and look over to see Kai looking at them with amusement on his face.

"Did, I miss something, or were you two just checking each other's mouths?" Kai asked them.

"Adrian having a problem about his sexual nature and I was trying to clear it up for him." Chiko told Kai.

Kai just nodded, and looked over Adrian. With the little sleep he had. And being in his friends arms, Adrian fell asleep, wrapped up in the warmth of his friend's body.

"Poor thing, he exhausted. I think we should call it a day and take him home." Chiko suggested.

Kai could only nod in agreement. He, himself, was feeling under the weather. The put their instruments away, and went back to Adrian's apartment, which they were all living in, and put the sleeping boy to bed.

*That Night*

Adrian was dreaming, a nice dream. He was sitting in the middle of a field filled with roses of all colors. Sitting there he heard someone call his name. He got up and ran to the voice. The closer he got the more it sound like his mother. Adrian's mother died in a tragic fire five years ago. He ran for who knows how long, running to the voice calling him. Suddenly he came into a clearing, and there stood a beautiful angelic figure. She wrapped in a beautiful white light. Flexing her wings, she call Adrian's name, hands motioning for him to come to her. He walked up to her, looking at her with wide eyes. Getting a good look at her face, his eyes went wide as saucers. The angel was his mother. He tried to talk to her, but for some reason he couldn't find his voice.

"Shhh, listen to me Adrian. I know there are things you want to know and things you need to know. Right now, you need to understand that it doesn't matter if you're gay or not, what does matter is that you understand that you'll still have your friends, no matter what. SO think, think really hard Adrian, and tell me, do you on any way find yourself attracted to men?" his mother told him

Adrian thought for a while. HE thought back, to Taichi, Tatsuha, Nittle Grasper, Bad Luck, to Kai and Chiko. He thought back to the many times he always felt the urge to kiss his best friends, to kiss the other bands. He looked back up to his mother, only to see, she wasn't there.

"Mother!" he yelled out.

"You know the answer my son. Don't be afraid of it, just follow your heart and you won't be hurt." Her voice called out.

"Mother!" Adrian called out. He found himself running in darkness. Running, no where to go, just running, wanting to see his mother again. Not being able to see where he was going, Adrian fell of a cliff.

"MOTHER!" He screamed, as he fell.

He bolted up in bed, panting, sweat rolling down his face. He looked around and realized he was in his bed, in his home. A few seconds later, Kai and Chiko rushed into his bedroom.

"Adrian, are you alright? We heard you screaming." Chiko said, sitting down next to Adrian. Kai loomed over them.

"I'm fine, it was just a bad dream, that's all." Adrian said reassuringly. He smiled at them, just to make sure they bought it.

"Okay, just don't scare us like that. We thought someone was trying to kill you." Kai said, walking out of the room.

"Alright, go back to sleep, we have to be up bright and early in the morning. WE got people to meet." Chiko said cheerfully.

All Adrian could do was groan. Chiko giggled and kissed Adrian's forehead. He got up and headed to the door.

"Good-night Adrian." He said.

"Good-night Chiko." Adrian said.

Chiko was halfway out the door when Adrian called him.

"Hey, Chiko, I learned a Life lesson from the dream." He told him.

"Oh yeah, and what would that be?" Chiko asked.

"Listen to your elders, they always have the answers." Adrian told him.

A look of confusion crossed Chiko's handsome face before he understood. He laughed and walked out of the room. Adrian, now know the answer to his troubling question, went back to sleep. This time he dreamed sweet dreams of being reunited with his mother