Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ When Keitaro met Julia ❯ Julia's Intervention ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
When Keitaro Met Julia: Julia's Intervention

By

triviatrap1982

I do not own Love Hina or GTO. Love Hina is owned by Ken Akamatsu. GTO is owned by Tohru Fujisawa. The anime was produced by Studio Pierrot.

Julia was upstairs with Motoko. She wasn't going to allow her to push her son around...at all. Motoko sat on her bed. Julia made her put her weapon away. She was a young mother...but she was still intimidating nonetheless. She also wanted to know exactly why Motoko was acting this way. Was it something that happened to her...or did she have some sort of ill motives. Either way, Julia wasn't going to stand around, and let her get away with what ever was going to happen. Motoko wanted to speak, but couldn't. Julia was going to have the first, and the last word this afternoon. She also promised to help Kunio move his things into his new room tomorrow. She cleared her throat and started.

"So...why exactly do you dislike my son...even after you met him only for 30 seconds?" Julia demanded.

"It's not him it's..." Motoko started.

"It's what?" Julia pressed.

"I don't know..."

"Really...from what I heard you have a sexist anti-male bias..." she started. "You think all guys are pervs...along with that Naru girl."

Motoko got really quiet. She had no reason to try to answer back. In fact Julia did hit a nerve. She interrogated Motoko some more, who revealed she really dislikes Tsuruko's husband. Julia frowned, as she got the gist of where the sexism was coming from. Julia listened to her reason...and she didn't like it at all. She glared at Motoko to keep quiet. This was something that she wasn't going to hear any longer.

"Really...she found a guy she loved...and you think he took her away from you...and she's left your martial arts school...?" Julia asked, with a slight twitch.

"T-that's the reason yes," Motoko answered nervously.

"Honestly, that's none of your damn business," Julia scolded. "You better learn your place."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"You best watch your voice," Julia warned. "I would have loved to have a guy in my life...but I didn't get that now did I?"

"Wait...you're quite young..." Motoko said

"Yes...but I had no time to be angry...I had to deal only with how I was going to find a job, an apartment, and to get food on the table...at 13."

Motoko felt like she got kicked in her stomach. She had no idea that a girl could go through such pain and suffering at that young of age. In fact, it finally flashed in her head. She was as old as Shinobu when she had Kunio! Motoko definately felt like the world was out to get her. It was going to get worse. Julia wanted to know exactly why Motoko thought all men were perverts. In fact, she did hear the accusation against Keitaro just a few seconds ago from Naru.

"Question: Has Keitaro ever made any sexual advances towards you?" Julia asked. "Walking in on accident does not count."

"Yeah...I mean no...I mean..." Motoko sputtered.

"Before you ruin a man's life, you better make sure you have evidence," Julia warned. "A good friend of mine got burned that way..."

"Still men think about sex a lot more than girls!" Motoko blurted out.

"Is this yours?" She said picking up the book. "Also...is this in your handwriting?"

"Yes...it is, to both..." Motoko said blushing.

"You accuse Keitaro of being a pervert...yet here you wrote in every nasty thing you'd do to him...and to Naru...at the same time."

Motoko knew she was caught. Julia set the book down and told Motoko she needed to cool off, and look in the mirror. Not everything on the world is negative. She also warned Motoko she's going to have her hide the next time she thinks about going after Kunio for any reason. Motoko got the message. Julia also gave Motoko a history book...and marked off the Samurai era...she wanted her to read that on what it meant to be a true Samurai...and for the simple fact that the class was abolished in the late 1890's. She then went to Naru. She saw her enraged. Naru tried to shoot off against Keitaro...but was stopped.

"Now...what was all of that with Keitaro?" Julia questioned.

"H-he just felt me up!" Naru accused.

"I see...if your shoe wasn't in the way...he wouldn't need to use you to break his fall," she pointed.

"T-That's not the point!"

"Yes it is...also...if you're dating the guy...you sure are more willing to kill him than kiss him," Julia snapped.

"That was a low blow..."

"Yes...and you...and Motoko think about sex way too much than Keitaro ever will," she noted.

"What would you know about...?" Naru started, but saw Motoko come out and was quiet.

"Hmm...what was it you wanted to ask?" Julia pushed.

"Naru," Shinobu came by, "I took a message from your family...I didn't know if you were busy or not...so..."

"That's fine...you will talk to them right?" Julia said looking to Naru.

"I...I have to go study..." Naru tried.

"Freeze...you are avoiding your family aren't you?"

"Ma'am," Motoko stated, "she really hasn't talked to her family for a while...and she still kinda holds a grudge against her parents..."

"Well...this is serious..." Julia said.

Motoko didn't know much about it, but it was too much. Julia gave Motoko a look that she wanted to talk to Naru alone. She got the message and took Shinobu down to help with chores. Julia took Naru to her bedroom...and decided to get what was going on. Naru didn't want to talk about it. Julia was quiet. It did last for a few minutes, and then it happened. Julia gave her that look. That was the same look that Kunio is well familiar with.

"W-What do you want?" Naru asked nervously.

"I asked you a question...why exactly do you not talk to your family?" Julia said.

"Well...I just get busy is all," Naru protested.

"That's unreasonable," Julia said. "A lot of guys at the job site have families of their own and make time."

"It's a different situation," Naru tried to bluff.

"Really...how so?" she called.

Naru really didn't have an answer for it. Julia then looked over and saw a photo of Naru, and her parents. She ended up getting the point. Naru was avoiding them purposely. She figured out that there was a lot more that was going on. She saw a picture of a very young girl next to her mother, and a different guy. Julia figured the marriage didn't work out...but her biological dad still attempted to be in Naru's life. Julia frowned.

"You ought to be ashamed," Julia said.

"Why should I be ashamed?" Naru protested.

"Here...your family is paying your rent...and your cram school...but you won't give the time of day?"

"That has nothing to do with it!"

"It has everything to do with it!" Julia hissed. Naru got quiet. "I wish my family were that supportive of me."

"Wait...you were just dumped by your family...?" Naru asked.

"Yes...I had Kunio at 13..." Julia said.

"I...I mean..."

"Yes, it's true," Julia said. "In fact my boyfriend left down because he didn't want to take responsiblity."

"Oh...I really..."

"You owe Keitaro an apology...and your family an apology," Julia said.

"I do..."

"Secondly...if you don't like Keitaro...break up with him, and move on," she warned.

"I understand," Naru said.

"Finally," Julia said standing up, "take anger management classes...nobody wants to work with a perpetually angry person."

Naru got the point. She didn't want to, but she went down and made the call. She realized Julia missed out on being a teenager. She also realized that Julia is this tough because she doesn't want anybody else to go through what she has. It did start to sink in, quicker for Motoko that she had better get her act together. Julia came by and she saw Motoko putting the laundry into the washers for the weekly cleaning. It was mostly the bed sheets and linens she had built up. Her ears perked up when she heard Kitsune attempt to try to scam Keitaro from the rent money...somthing that was clearly against the rules.

"I'll talk to you a moment," She said separating Kitsune from Keitaro.

"Wow that was fast!" Kitsune said surprised.

"Now...you weren't trying to scam your landlord...when it's not only against the rules...it's against the law?" Julia asked very sweetly.

"Um...I gotta go to work..." Kitsune said realizing she was had.

"Where are you working at?" she asked.

"I-I'm working in the tea shop until I sell a manuscript."

"Good, you don't need to scam anybody to get rent money," she said. "Besides...I'm fairly certain you can get into a magazine with a short story."

"Y-yeah, that is true," Kitsune said very nervous. She felt like Julia was going to go after her the same.

"Now...you know my..." Julia started.

"I wouldn't dream of it!" Kitsune interrupted. "I mean he's your pride and joy after all!"

"That's right," she said, "don't forget it!"

Kitsune went straight to the tea shop to get to work. Julia had to talk with Keitaro. He had her come to the couch. She did sit down. She knew Keitaro was a lot better than this! She explained to Keitaro that she wanted Kunio to be in a safe, and sane living environment. She knew he is having trouble, but he has zero co-operation from most of the guests. Though, she also knows that he brought things on himself in most cases.

"Julia...you're right," Keitaro said.

"Wow, you're not willing to argue back?" she asked surprised.

"It's not worth it...honestly, I'm glad things worked out now the way they did," he answered.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well...I'd been in worse trouble if Mrs. Sakurai didn't intervene."

"She's that kind of woman who doesn't want to see anybody fail," she said. "However, don't mistake her kindess...or mine...for stupidty."

"I understand," Keitaro said. "I also have a lot of stuff to clean up as well..."

"What do you mean?"

"I have made the process to make right with my family...because I pushed them away, without realizing what was going on..."

"At least you got it, and won't make excuses."

"I'll be honest...there's one person I really need to make right with...my sister Kanako," he admitted.

"Here she is," she said pointing to her. "Go make right with her."

"It will take some time, but I hope we can become closer," he said standing up. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes, I will need help to bring in his things."

Keitaro stood up and shook Julia's hand. Kanako smiled. She knew Keitaro wasn't a bad person...he was just emotionally immature. She saw him come, and she took him into the kitchen to talk with him. She knew the day would come...but things definately were going bad. Once they started to talk...it really sunk in. Keitaro did care for her, he didn't need to choose Hina over her. Kanako did decide to forgive him. She also wanted to stay and help, because he couldn't handle this on his own.

"I would like it," Keitaro said.

"Thank you," Kanako said. "Do you have a room..."

"I actually do," Keitaro said, "It's been kept up, but it's yours."

"Thank you," she said hugging him.

"You're welcome," he said. "We have a lot to do...like let the phone company in."

"Oh that's right!"

They left the kitchen and the phone technician came by. Keitaro got his stamp out to sign the papers, and things got into motion. Keitaro had already sent notices. Kaolla did clean up her room per order of her sister, just to make things easier. It did take all day, but everything was upgraded...and the phone actually had a caller ID system. He noticed that Naru was a lot calmer. He went up to her.

"Naru...are you alright?" He asked.

"I am..." she said. "I am sorry about everything."

"As am I," Motoko said bowing, "Miss Julia gave us a whole new outlook on life...and I hope we can become friends."

"You're forgiven," Keitaro said. "You do owe two more people an apology."

"You're forgiven," Kunio said. "I have no time to be angry and carry a grudge these days."

Naru went over to hug Kunio. Motoko didn't want to go that far. However, she did a bow to him. He understood, and returned the bow. Motoko did want to talk to him to get to know him better. He agreed to do it. He did return from his errands early, which made things a lot more surprising. He was disappointed there were no arcades nearby where he could blow off steam. Keitaro was thinking about it. That probably would be the first thing to convert that old Annex to. Things did get off to a slow start, but the storm hasn't exactly calmed down yet at all. They've yet to meet some of his friends.