Gundam 08th MS Team Fan Fiction ❯ Karasu (Raven) ❯ Perfect-world ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yet another chapter *sweatdrops*.

Chapter Five: Perfect-World

*Late October, U.C. 0069*

Over the next few weeks, Ghinius and Sakuras' relationship had blossomed, and the two began seeing each other regularly. And Ghinius' seventeenth birthday was on the twenty-fourth, and Sakura wanted to get or make him something special, even though he said he didn't want anything. So she was racking her brain to think of an origami model he might like. But it was the weekend, and the two just decided to spend so time together. After hanging out around Zum City, the two headed for the Sakhalin mansion. But, when they got there, they were greeted by Ayna and a purple-haired boy about her age.

"Hello Ghinius and Ghinius' girlfriend," She chimed.

"Ayna, shut up about that, and who's that kid, your boyfriend," The blond replied.

"He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend, and his name is Garma,"

"Hey, isn't he that Zabi kid?"

"Yes I am," Garma mumbled.

"I think I know your sister. Her name's Kishiria, isn't it?" Sakura said. She had heard things about her, and seen her around the school. It was rumored that she was going to a military academy next year, one that her elder brother had started. She also remembered hearing something about their father and something know as the Republic of Zeon, but didn't know what to make of it.

"Yeah, I think I've seen her too," Ghinius replied, "she's going to military school next year, right?"

"Yup, and I'm going there when I turn sixteen too," Garma answered.

"Come on Sakura, lets go,"

"Oooooh, friends with benefits," Ayna said out of the blue.

"Ayna! Stop with that, and how do you know about that, you're ten," Ghinius said, angrily.

"People at school,"

"Come on Ghinius, lets leave," Sakura said, "and go wander around some more,"

"Yeah, I guess we should, she has a friend over and all,"

The two walked around the city for a while, until they decided to rest on a hill in a large field. They reached the top of the hill to realize that they had a gorgeous view of the surrounding area. So they laid down on the hill, and began to chat.

"Look at the view, pretty, isn't it?" Ghinius asked.

"Yeah, it is," She replied.

"Hey Sakura, have you ever been to Earth?"

"Once, I think, when I was little,"

"Was it as beautiful as this?"

"Yes, it is far more beautiful than a colony will ever be," She said, remembering how she went to Earth with her parents on a business trip once. She had gone to the west coast of North America, and loved it, though now she barely remembered it.

"Didn't you have to get special permission?" He questioned.

"Yes, I believe,"

"Sakura, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how did your parents die?"

"Shuttle accident. Their shuttle collided with a cargo ship, and both exploded. They have graves here, but there are no bodies," She said, sounding depressed. But she didn't tell him that she almost went on that fateful trip, and the only reason she didn't was that, right before they went, she got a terrible feeling about it. That, she supposed, was the start of her strange abilities. She looked at herself as a freak, because she could sense people, what they were feeling, and to some extent, what they were thinking. She hated that, because that made her not normal, different, and if she told anybody, they looked at her as if she were mad. She had few friends, Ghinius being the only one that was actually her age, and the only person she had ever truly loved.

"I'm sorry, I know how it feels," He said, interrupting the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, as you know, my mother abandoned our family when I was nine, she ran off with another man or something. My father just couldn't cope, and started abusing heroin and achohol. When I was fourteen, someone found him unconscious in the street, and he died a few days later from a drug overdose,"

"Do you think it was on purpose?"

"We don't know, could have been,"

"Oh, I didn't know,"

"Anyway, it's getting late, they'll start turning off the lights soon, so let's go back. You have to go to the group home?"

"No, I can call them and tell them where I am, they don't care,"

They began to walk back, and when they got to the mansion, Garma had left, and they found Ayna eating dinner. She immediately informed them that they were late, and that their dinner was cold. Ghinius quickly shushed Ayna, and the two began to eat. Afterward, they sat down on a couch, and turned on the T.V..

"Sakura, do you want a shower or anything?" He asked, interrupting the evening news.

"I guess I'll get one, but don't try to peep or anything,"

"I'm not like that," He said as he showed her the way to the bathroom.

"And If you need some clothes, I have some old ones that you can wear, like last time,"

"Okay," She said as she stepped into the shower, locking the door behind her. While she was taking a shower, she began to get a strange feeling, like something horrible was going to happen to her or Ghinius. She stepped out of the shower with that same feeling, and put on some clothes that Ghinius had provided. As she unlocked the door, she suddenly felt extremely dizzy, and grabbed onto the door for support. Ghinius, who was standing outside the door, took notice, and helped her up.

"Sakura, are you okay?" He said, sounding worried. As Sakura looked up to him, she suddenly got a vision of him with a noose around his neck. Even though it frightened her, she said nothing, though didn't know what to make of it.

"Yeah, I'm okay, guess I stood up too fast, or something,"

"Your clothes are in the wash, so you won't have to stay in my old things for long," He said as he walked into the shower, "well, I'm going to get my shower, you can go watch t.v. or something," Sakura then walked off to go do just that, but as she sat down, Ayna walked in. She began questioning Sakura right away, and Sakura tried to ignore it as best she could.

"Soooo, where's my brother, and why are you in his clothes?"

"He's in the shower, and my clothes are in the wash," She said as Ghinius walked into the room. He immediately told Ayna to leave, which she did, and plopped down next to Sakura.

"Sakura, I know this may sound stupid, but has anyone told you how beautiful you are?" He asked. She began to blush.

"Um, no, never,"

"Well, someone just did," He smiled and took hold of her hand. Surprisingly, she didn't try to move it away, and instead responded with a gentle squeeze. Before she could do anything else, he put his lips on hers, and the two became enthralled in a kiss. Sakura was overcome by a feelings of warmth and ecstasy, and when they stopped, she was practically crying from joy.

"Ghinius, I...I don't know what to say," She said, looking deep into his sapphire-blue eyes.

"You don't have to say anything,"

"Your birthday is coming up soon, what do you want?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I don't really want anything," He replied. The affection of another was all he ever wanted, and now he finally had it. All those years of being beaten by his mother, struggling with illness, all vanished, because of her.

"Well, if you don't want anything, then, that's what you'll get," She said as she yawned, and began to doze off. Ghinius took hold of her, and they fell asleep with Sakura lying on his chest, lulled to sleep by his heartbeat. They seemed to have everything now, and the pains of their pasts seemed to be forgotten. But little did they know that their world would soon come crashing down...

Ooooh, suspense!! What's gonna' happen? As if anyone cares, but I'm still gonna' write this, no matter how much it sucks.