Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 1, Match 06 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 08

Level 1, Match 06

Written By
Mark Moore


Author's note: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm going to try to get the series back on schedule. Enjoy the story. Feedback is welcome.


Israel has defeated Austria and remains in the tournament. Now, attention shifts to the next match.

Thursday, October 11, 2007, 4:52 PM, Eastern Daylight Time

The United States military base where the Gundam was being tested was Aznable Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. The Gundam was in a hangar.

Lunamaria Hawke, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Emma Sheen stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Lunamaria. Standing at consoles on the platform were Nina Purpleton and Lucette Audevie, the two engineers that had designed the Gundam for the United States Government. They worked for Anaheim Electronics and were currently under military command while on this project. The fourth person on the platform was Relena Peacecraft. She was interested in the proceedings but was primarily there to give moral support to Emma.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Nina's request, Lunamaria pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Nina smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Lunamaria pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Nina nodded. "Good!"

"I think she can take a break for a while. I'd like to set up a test of the Gundam's arm strength."

Nina nodded. "Agreed, Lucette. Power down, Lunamaria."

Lunamaria opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Lunamaria got out of the cockpit.

Nina looked at Emma. "I'll get some engineers to bring a bunch of steel beams over here."

"How long will that take?" Emma asked her.

"Maybe a half-hour."

Murrue Ramius, Emma's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Emma and Lunamaria saluted her. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Nina?"

"Pretty well. We're going to test the Gundam's arm strength. I'm getting engineers to bring some steel beams over here."

"I guess you were so caught up in your work that you forgot about the time. Match 06 is going to start soon."

Relena smiled. "Thanks for reminding us. Let's go to my house to watch it. I'll cook dinner."

Murrue smiled. "Sounds good."


Nina, Lucette, Murrue, and Lunamaria gathered in the living room in Relena and Emma's house and took their seats.

Relena and Emma, each carrying a tray with three large glasses filled with cola, walked into the living room. The other four women each took a glass. Relena and Emma set the trays on the table, each took a glass, and sat down.

Relena turned on the television.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to Level 1, Match 06, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in the tropical rain forest. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is Venezuela versus Lebanon. The Venezuelan pilot is Hugo Caldera. The Lebanese pilot is Fouad Lahoud. Venezuela's Gundam - the black one - is 17 meters tall, 1 meter of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. Lebanon's Gundam - the green one - is 19 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Hugo moved his Gundam forward and punched Lebanon's Gundam with its right fist. Lebanon's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Fouad made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Venezuela's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Venezuela's Gundam repeatedly.

Hugo fired at Lebanon's Gundam repeatedly with the beam rifle in his Gundam's left hand. The shots hit Lebanon's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Lebanon's Gundam declared.

"Take that!" Hugo yelled.

"Take this!" Fouad yelled.

Fouad fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly, hitting Venezuela's Gundam over and over again.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Venezuela's Gundam declared.

"You won't do that again!" Hugo exclaimed.

Hugo kicked Lebanon's Gundam ten times with his Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Lebanon's Gundam declared.

Fouad kicked Venezuela's Gundam repeatedly with his Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Venezuela's Gundam declared.

Hugo fired his Gundam's beam rifle. Fouad activated his Gundam's thrusters and flew his Gundam into the sky, dodging the blast.

Fouad fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly at Venezuela's Gundam, hitting it repeatedly.

"Checkmate!" the simulated male voice of Venezuela's Gundam declared.

Hugo's Gundam fell backwards.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Damn it!" Hugo exclaimed. "How could this happen?!"

"And there you have it. Lebanon has beaten Venezuela. This is something of a shock. Venezuela is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. Lebanon moves on to Level 2. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Relena turned off the television.

"We've got some time before the evening news begins. I'll make dinner now." Relena stood up.

Emma stood up. "I'll help you."

Relena and Emma collected the empty glasses, placed them on the trays, and carried them into the kitchen.


Relena placed twelve pieces of chicken on a pan. Emma opened the oven door. Relena placed the pan on an oven rack. Emma closed the door and set the temperature.

Emma quickly washed the glasses and set them to dry.

The women walked back into the living room.

They took their seats.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The sixth match of the first level of the First Gundam Tournament was held in the tropical rain forest in Venezuela this afternoon. The participants were Venezuela and Lebanon. Lebanon won. It will move on to Level 2. Venezuela, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will not back any nation in the tournament. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, how is the White House reacting to Lebanon's victory and Venezuela's defeat?"

"Peter, the White House is happy that Lebanon won this match, because it did not want Venezuela to win. At least, this is one regime that won't be spreading worldwide."

"Do the resources of Lebanon match those of the United States?"

"It's possible, Peter, but it's still difficult to say. We have to see our own Gundam first. We really don't know at this time."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Relena turned off the television.

"Dinner should be ready." Relena stood up.

The rest of the women stood up as well.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Relena opened the oven and took out the pan. She placed it on the stove.

Each woman took two chicken legs and placed them on her own plate.

Emma added mashed potatoes on each plate and then poured gravy on it.

The women took the plates to the table, sat down, and started eating.

"What do you think of the match?" Murrue asked.

Relena swallowed a piece of chicken. "I'm surprised that Venezuela lost. Its Gundam is impressive."

Emma swallowed a piece of chicken. "Yeah, well, it simply malfunctioned at the wrong time."

Lunamaria smiled. "This match was mildly interesting."

Murrue smiled. "Yeah, it was more interesting than the previous match, anyway."

Nina looked at Lucette. "We should look our own Gundam over, so it won't malfunction."

Lucette considered that for a moment. "Yeah. Good idea."

Murrue frowned. "Once we finish dinner, let's go back to base and run some simulations."


The women entered the simulation room in the base.

Emma got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Murrue made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from today's match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your first match, but it should boost your confidence. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a city street at night. Skyscrapers appeared to Emma's left. A clone of Emma's Gundam appeared in front of her.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Emma moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Emma jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Emma then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Emma's Gundam landed back on the street. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The drone came at Emma and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Emma punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it six times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone ten times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Emma got out of the simulator.

Murrue smiled. "Pretty good, Emma."

Nina looked at the statistics on her screen. "Your reflexes are pretty good."

Lucette looked at the statistics as well. "So is your strategy."

Emma walked over to them. "I don't know. All that it proves is that I can defeat Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams."

Relena frowned. "She's right. Who knows what the other nations have?"

Lunamaria gave Emma a cheerful smile. "Don't worry, Emma. The real thing feels just like the simulator. I think you'll be able to use our Gundam to its full potential."

Emma smiled at her. "I wish I was as confident."


At Ray Air Force Base in London, England, work was proceeding on the United Kingdom's Gundam.

Karen Joshua, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Sayla Mass stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Karen. Standing at consoles on the platform was Dorothy Catalonia, the head engineer that had designed the Gundam for the British Government. The third person on the platform was Fraw Bow. She was interested in the proceedings but was primarily there to give moral support to Sayla.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Dorothy's request, Karen pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Dorothy smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Karen pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Dorothy nodded. "Good! I think you can take a break for a while. I'd like to set up a test of the Gundam's arm strength. Power down, Karen."

Karen opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Karen got out of the cockpit.

Dorothy looked at Sayla. "What do you think about increasing the Gundam's leg strength? Kicking seems to be one of your most-used attacks."

"That sounds like a good idea."

Sally Po, Sayla's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Sayla and Karen saluted her. "Captain!"

"At ease, Flight Lieutenants. How's the Gundam coming along, Dorothy?"

"Pretty good. I was about to set up a test of the Gundam's arm strength. Also, I'd like to increase the Gundam's leg strength, so Sayla's kicks will do more damage."

"I'll request it."

"Thank you, sir."

"Sayla, I want you in the sim. Fraw, run it for her."

Sayla and Fraw walked into the elevator and rode down to the floor. They walked out of the elevator.


Sayla and Fraw entered the simulation room in another building on the base.

Sayla got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Fraw made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from today's match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your next match, but it should put the odds in your favor. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Sayla's left. The drone appeared in front of her. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Sayla heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Sayla moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Sayla jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Sayla then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Sayla knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Sayla's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

The drone came at Sayla and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Sayla punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

Sayla activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She quickly flew over the drone and behind it.

"Not enough power!"

Sayla's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Sayla kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Sayla knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

The drone punched Sayla's Gundam fives times with its right arm. It then fired at Sayla's Gundam with its beam rifle repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Sayla grew frustrated. She backed her Gundam up.

The drone fired at Sayla with its beam rifle. Sayla activated her Gundam's thrusters and started to fly into the air. The blasts hit her Gundam anyway, and it fell back onto the dock.

Sayla kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Sayla got out of the simulator.

Fraw smiled. "Pretty good, Sayla. Your reflexes are pretty good. So is your strategy."

Sayla walked over to her. "Bullshit. I was lousy. I just barely won. Besides, all that it proves is that I can defeat Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams."

Fraw frowned. "You're right. Who knows what the other nations have?"

Sayla sighed. "I wonder if I'm a one-hit wonder."

Fraw gave Sayla a cheerful smile. "Don't worry, Sayla. You won your first match. You can win your second match. Fuck, you can win the whole bloody tournament."

Sayla smiled at her. "I wish I was as confident."

"I have an idea. You continue practicing for a few hours more, then, when we get home, I'll let you have your way with me." "Okay!" Sayla got back into the simulator. "Ready!"


Sayla pressed Fraw against a wall in their bedroom and held her arms against the wall.

Sayla kissed Fraw passionately on the lips.

Fraw opened her mouth. Sayla used the opportunity to slip her tongue into Fraw's mouth. Sayla and Fraw french-kissed.

After a moment of this, Sayla released Fraw's arms and placed her hands on the wall. Fraw moved her arms around Sayla and placed her hands on Sayla's ass.

Sayla finished the kiss. "I want you."

"I want you, too."

"Then let's not waste any seconds."

Sayla and Fraw took off their clothes and let them fall to the floor.

Fraw hugged Sayla and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Sayla broke the kiss. "Not yet. Let me get the bed sheets pulled off first.

Fraw released Sayla. "Hurry."

Sayla turned, grabbed the bed sheets and cover, pulled them off of the bed, and let them fall to the floor.

"Okay."

Fraw tackled Sayla and pushed her onto the bed. She shoved her tongue into Sayla's mouth.


Sayla lied down in bed, smiling. "That was fun."

Fraw lied down to Sayla's right and smiled. "I knew you'd like it. Now, get some sleep."

Sayla kissed Fraw on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night, love."

Sayla soon fell asleep.


Friday, October 12, 2007, 8:07 AM, British Summer Time

Sayla woke up.

She looked to her right. Fraw was sleeping next to her.

Sayla turned and positioned herself over Fraw. She took a moment to admire Fraw's beauty.

Sayla kissed Fraw on the lips.

Fraw woke up.

Sayla finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Fraw smiled. "Good morning."

"Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can go to the base, and you can practice in the sim all day long."

"Yeah, I'm so looking forward to that."


Sayla and Fraw sped down a highway in Sayla's white convertible. They were listening to "Venus" by Bananarama on the radio.

After driving for a few minutes, Sayla turned right onto another street.

A few minutes later, they reached Ray Air Force Base.

Sayla brought her car to a stop by the gate. She handed her badge to the security guard, and Fraw did likewise with her visitor's pass. The guard scanned them and handed them back. Sayla and Fraw handed their duffel bags to the security guard. The guard opened them, inspected them, closed them, and handed them back. Then Sayla had to go through a thumbprint and retinal scan. Finally, the security guard opened the gate, and Sayla drove onto the base.

Sayla drove to the building that housed the simulator and parked in the lot near it.

Sayla and Fraw got out of the car and walked over to the door.

Sayla opened the door and let Fraw walk into the building first. Sayla followed her.

The two women walked down a corridor. At the end, there was a door on the right.

Fraw opened the door and let Sayla walk into the simulator room first. Fraw followed her and closed the door behind her.

Fraw walked over to the console. "So what's your pleasure, love?"

Sayla walked over to the simulator. "If I had my way, you with a strap-on vibrator up my ass."

Fraw laughed. "Tonight. Now, be serious, and let's practice."


With France's first Gundam match fast approaching, Reccoa Londe is worried of her performance. Will she be ready in time?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Reccoa's Doubts"

You will race with the tide.