Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Reccoa's Doubts ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 09

Reccoa's Doubts

Written By
Mark Moore


Author's note: I'm sorry for the delay. I'm going to try to get the series back on schedule. Enjoy the story. Feedback is welcome.


France's first Gundam match is in two days, and Reccoa Londe is worried of her performance.

Saturday, October 13, 2007, 4:52 PM, French Daylight Saving Time

At Le Creuset Armée de l'Air Base in Paris, France, work was proceeding on the France's Gundam.

Une Antonn, the Gundam's test pilot and Reccoa's superior officer, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Reccoa Londe stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Une. Standing at consoles on the platform was Stella Loussier, the head engineer that had designed the Gundam for the French Government.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Stella's request, Une pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Stella smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Une pressed the right fist button. Nothing happened.

"I said make a fist."

"I tried. Nothing's happening."

Stella checked her console. "Shit. There's a kink in the new algorithms that I installed. Hang on. Let me fix it." Stella pressed some buttons on her console. "Try now."

Une pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Stella nodded. "Good! That did the trick!"

"It's getting late. Shouldn't we finish this?"

Stella nodded. "Agreed, Reccoa. Power down, Une."

Une opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Une got out of the cockpit.

Stella looked at Une. "There's still some programming that I have to work out."

"Will you have it finished by tomorrow morning?" Une asked her.

"I should."

"Get it done. Our first match is tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

"We're loading up the Gundam and driving it to the tower. You'll have to work on it there."

"Understood."

Une looked at Reccoa. "I'm personally overseeing the Gundam's transport. I'll see you at home in a few hours."

"Yes, sir."

Une looked at Stella. "Stella, you know how to operate the simulator. Correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. If Reccoa wants to get in some last-minute training, you're in charge."

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, let's get down from here. We have to move the platforms and elevator to get the Gundam out of here."

Reccoa, Stella, and Une walked into the elevator and rode down to the floor. They walked out of the elevator.

Soon, a group of officers arrived. They operated heavy machinery to move the platforms and elevator out of the way. The women watched this.

Once all of that was out of the way, one of the officers held up a remote control and powered the Gundam up. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

The women watched as the officer made the Gundam walk out of the hangar. The women followed the Gundam.

A truck was parked outside the hangar. The officer made the Gundam lie down on the platform behind the truck. He then powered down the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

The truck driver pressed a button, and the platform moved into the truck, taking the Gundam inside with it.

The officer got onto the back of the truck and pulled the door closed.

Une looked at Reccoa. "Okay, I'm off. I'll see you at home."

Reccoa saluted Une. Une saluted Reccoa, then she got into the back seat of a car. The driver of the car followed the truck off of the base.

Reccoa and Stella watched the truck and car go until they were out of sight.

Reccoa looked at Stella. "Let's go to the simulation room. I want to practice."

Stella looked at Reccoa. "You sure don't waste any time."


Reccoa and Stella entered the simulation room in another building on the base.

Reccoa got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Stella made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from the latest match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your match, but it should boost your confidence. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Reccoa's left. The drone appeared in front of her. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Reccoa heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Reccoa moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Reccoa jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Reccoa then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Reccoa knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Reccoa's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

The drone came at Reccoa and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Reccoa punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

Reccoa activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She quickly flew over the drone and behind it.

"Not enough power!"

Reccoa's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Reccoa kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Reccoa knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

The drone punched Reccoa's Gundam fives times with its right arm. It then fired at Reccoa's Gundam with its beam rifle repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Reccoa grew frustrated. She backed her Gundam up.

The drone fired at Reccoa with its beam rifle. Reccoa activated her Gundam's thrusters and started to fly into the air. The blasts hit her Gundam anyway, and it fell back onto the dock.

Reccoa kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Reccoa got out of the simulator.

Stella smiled. "Pretty good, Reccoa. Your reflexes are pretty good. So is your strategy."

Reccoa walked over to her. "Bullshit. I was lousy. I just barely won. Besides, all that it proves is that I can defeat Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, and Lebanon's Gundams."

Stella frowned. "You're right. Who knows what the other nations have?"

Reccoa sighed. "I'm not ready for this."

Stella gave Reccoa a cheerful smile. "Don't worry, Reccoa. The real thing feels just like the simulator. I think you'll be able to use our Gundam to its full potential."

Reccoa smiled at her. "I wish I was as confident."

"You know what you need?" Stella asked her.

"My head examined?" Reccoa replied.

"A girls' night out. Let's have fun before we go home."

Reccoa smiled. "That sounds like fun. What about the Gundam, though?"

"We'll dine by the tower. I'll work on it after we eat."


Reccoa and Stella walked into a restaurant.

The man behind the counter smiled. "Welcome. How many in your party?"

Reccoa held up her left hand and raised her index and middle fingers.

The man picked up two menus. "Right this way, please."

Reccoa and Stella followed him over to a table.

The man placed the menus on the table. "Please look over our menus. I will return shortly to take your order."

The man walked away.

Reccoa and Stella picked up the menus and read them.

"I think I'll have the steak, a side of onion rings, and a regular cola." Reccoa set her menu on the table.

"That sounds good. I'll have the same." Stella set her menu on the table.

"I'm worried, Stella. What if I don't do well tomorrow?"

"If that happens, then France will ally itself with one of the other nations. You know that."

"I don't want to let anyone on our team down."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just relax and enjoy our dinner."

"I can't relax."

Stella smiled. "When we get home, I'll exhaust you so much that you'll have to relax."

Reccoa smiled. "Maybe this should have been a girls' night in."


Reccoa sat on the couch in the living room of her, Stella, and Une's house.

She was flipping through a photo album.

She was mostly looking at pictures of her parents. There were pictures of her mother by herself, her father by himself, her parents together, her mother with Reccoa, her father with Reccoa, and both of her parents with Reccoa.

Stella walked downstairs and over to the couch.

"Aren't you coming to bed?" Stella asked.

"In a bit."

Stella sat down to Reccoa's right on the couch.

Stella looked at the pictures. "You were a cute kid."

"Thanks."

"You're still cute."

"Thanks."

"It's chilly tonight. I feel like taking a nice, hour-long shower. Care to join me?"

"In a bit."

Stella sighed and looked at the pictures.

Neither of them said anything for a moment.

"How you has it been?" Stella finally asked.

"5 years."

"What made you think of them now?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's the pressure. I joined the Armée de l'Air, because they had been in it, and I wanted to honor their memory somehow. I constantly feel that I'm out of my league, though. Maybe I shouldn't have joined."

"You're a Lieutenant. That should indicate that you're doing well."

"What does the Peter Principle say? 'In a hierarchy, every person tends to rise to her level of incompetence.' Right?"

Stella sighed. "Something like that. Don't beat yourself up, though. You're a fucking good pilot."

"I don't feel like it."

"Your parents would be proud of you,...and so would mine...for taking care of me."

Reccoa smiled weakly. "Thanks."

"You'll be okay."

"I'm nervous about piloting the Gundam."

Stella sighed. "Not this again."

"I can't help it. I'm worried."

"You have nothing to worry about. You've prepared as much as you could. You've spent countless hours in the simulator. You'd read up on every aspect of the Gundam. You've questioned Une about the Gundam's performance. What more could you possibly do?"

"I could pilot the actual Gundam before the match."

Stella laughed. "Not likely."

"Exactly. Une won't let me touch the fucking thing."

"She has her reasons. As for what those reasons are, beats me."

"Money, most likely. That thing is expensive."

"That's a good reason. She probably doesn't want to raise the maintenance costs too high."

"I doubt that I'd add any significant amount of money to the repair bill during practice."

"That's true."

"At least, her insistence that we speak English constantly makes some sense. We need to be able to communicate with the opposing team. Why was English of all languages chosen as the official language of the tournament, though?"

"Because it's the international language of business, I suppose."

"Yeah, that's true. The Americans can't be bothered to learn another language. English is all that matters to them."

"It'd get worse, if they win the tournament. You're gonna make sure that doesn't happen, though."

"You have too much confidence in me."

"And you have too little confidence in yourself."

"Why'd they choose me for this position?" Reccoa asked. "Surely, there are more qualified people."

"Maybe, but Une must have seen something special in you to get you this job."

"There's nothing special about me."

"I disagree with that."

Reccoa smiled weakly. "Thanks."

Reccoa closed the photo album and set it on the coffee table. Then she stood up.

"Okay, let's take a shower."

Just then, the front door opened.

Une walked into the living room.

She closed the front door and locked it.

Stella smiled. "Welcome home. Reccoa and I were just about to take an hour-long shower. Care to join us?"

Une smiled. "Absolutely."

Stella and Une happily followed Reccoa upstairs.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Reccoa, Stella, and Une took off their clothes and stepped into their shower cabin.

Une slid the door closed.

"Do you want any music, Reccoa?" Stella asked.

"Yes."

"Une?"

"Yes."

Stella turned on the portable radio. "Hallucinations (Dream World Mix)" by In The Nursery started playing.

Reccoa waited in anticipation.

Stella turned on the water. She felt it with her left hand to determine the temperature. When it was warm, she turned on the shower.

Water splashed on all three women, getting them wet.

Stella hugged Reccoa.

Reccoa stared back at Stella.

Stella kissed Reccoa on the lips.

Reccoa hugged Stella.

Stella pressed her tongue against Reccoa's lips.

Reccoa parted her lips and allowed Stella's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Reccoa felt warm - both because of the water and because of Stella's kiss.

Une stood behind Reccoa, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Stella's ass.

Stella placed her hands on Une's ass.

Une licked up the right side of Reccoa's neck repeatedly.

Stella finished the kiss. "Let's turn around."

Stella took her hands off of Une's ass.

Une took her hands off of Stella's ass.

Stella and Reccoa turned 180 degrees.

Stella hugged Reccoa.

Reccoa kissed Stella on the lips and pressed her tongue against Stella's lips.

Stella parted her lips and allowed Reccoa's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Stella felt warm - both because of the water and because of Reccoa's kiss.

Une stood behind Stella, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa placed her hands on Une's ass.

Une licked up the right side of Stella's neck repeatedly.

Reccoa finished the kiss. "Let's pleasure Une now."

Reccoa took her hands off of Une's ass.

Une took her hands off of Reccoa's ass.

Stella let go of Reccoa.

Stella and Une switched places.

Une hugged Reccoa.

Reccoa kissed Une on the lips and pressed her tongue against Une's lips.

Une parted her lips and allowed Reccoa's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Une felt warm - both because of the water and because of Reccoa's kiss.

Stella stood behind Une, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa placed her hands on Stella's ass.

Stella licked up the right side of Une's neck repeatedly.

Reccoa finished the kiss. "Let's turn around."

Reccoa took her hands off of Stella's ass.

Stella took her hands off of Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa and Une turned 180 degrees.

Reccoa hugged Une.

Une kissed Reccoa on the lips and pressed her tongue against Reccoa's lips.

Reccoa parted her lips and allowed Une's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Reccoa felt warm - both because of the water and because of Une's kiss.

Stella stood behind Reccoa, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Une's ass.

Une placed her hands on Stella's ass.

Stella licked up the right side of Reccoa's neck repeatedly.

Une finished the kiss. "Let's pleasure Stella now."

Une took her hands off of Stella's ass.

Stella took her hands off of Une's ass.

Reccoa let go of Une.

Reccoa and Stella switched places.

Stella hugged Une.

Une kissed Stella on the lips and pressed her tongue against Stella's lips.

Stella parted her lips and allowed Une's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Stella felt warm - both because of the water and because of Une's kiss.

Reccoa stood behind Stella, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Une's ass.

Une placed her hands on Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa licked up the right side of Stella's neck repeatedly.

Une finished the kiss. "Let's turn around."

Une took her hands off of Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa took her hands off of Une's ass.

Stella and Une turned 180 degrees.

Une hugged Stella.

Stella kissed Une on the lips and pressed her tongue against Une's lips.

Une parted her lips and allowed Stella's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Une felt warm - both because of the water and because of Stella's kiss.

Reccoa stood behind Une, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Stella's ass.

Stella placed her hands on Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa licked up the right side of Une's neck repeatedly.

Stella finished the kiss. "Let's relax a bit now."

Stella took her hands off of Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa took her hands off of Stella's ass.

Une let go of Stella.


Reccoa pressed Stella against a wall in their bedroom and held her arms against the wall.

Reccoa kissed Stella passionately on the lips.

Stella opened her mouth. Reccoa used the opportunity to slip her tongue into Stella's mouth. Reccoa and Stella french-kissed.

After a moment of this, Reccoa released Stella's arms and placed her hands on the wall. Stella moved her arms around Reccoa and placed her hands on Reccoa's ass.

Reccoa finished the kiss. "I want you."

"I want you, too."

"Then let's not waste any seconds."

Stella hugged Reccoa and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Reccoa broke the kiss. "Not yet. Let me get the bed sheets pulled off first."

Stella released Reccoa. "Hurry."

Reccoa turned, grabbed the bed sheets and cover, pulled them off of the bed, and let them fall to the floor.

"Okay."

Stella tackled Reccoa and pushed her onto the bed. She shoved her tongue into Reccoa's mouth.

Une got onto the bed. "Make way for your superior!"

Stella got off of Reccoa.

Une lied down between them, Stella to her right and Reccoa to her left.

"Pleasure me, Lieutenants! That's an order!" Une demanded.

"Yes, sir!" Reccoa and Stella replied.

Reccoa and Stella starting licking Une's face.


Reccoa lied down in bed, smiling. "That was fun."

Stella lied down to Reccoa's right and smiled. "I knew you'd like it."

Une lied down to Reccoa's left and smiled. "Now, get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow."

"Do you really think that I'll do well?" Reccoa asked Une. "Today's simulation was my first win."

"And tomorrow's match will be your second. You'll do well. I know you will."

"I don't."

"Stop worrying. You'll never fall asleep like this."

Reccoa kissed Stella on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night."

Reccoa kissed Une on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night."

Stella moved over Reccoa and kissed Une on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night."

Reccoa soon fell asleep.


France's first Gundam match is here. Reccoa Londe is worried of her performance. Will she be able to defeat the Iraqi pilot and keep France in the tournament?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Level 1, Match 06"

You will race with the tide.