Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 3, Match 1 ( Chapter 36 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 36

Level 3, Match 1

Written By
Mark Moore


The Iranian pilot has proven to be a deadly opponent.

Friday, November 16, 2007

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Ali moved his Gundam forward and punched Poland's Gundam with its right fist. Poland's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Ali made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Poland's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Poland's Gundam repeatedly.

Panels on the arms of Ali's Gundam slid open.

Lech fired his Gundam's beam rifle. Ali made his Gundam fly into the air and dodged the blast.

Missiles rose out of the arms of Ali's Gundam.

"Matko Boze!" Lech exclaimed.

Ali fired the missiles directly at the cockpit of Poland's Gundam.

The missiles impacted.

"Over-" the simulated male voice of Poland's Gundam started to declare.

Poland's Gundam exploded.

Ali's Gundam landed back on the street.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

However, despite this serious moral violation, Iran has been allowed to remain in the First Gundam Tournament. Iran has been paired with the United Kingdom.


The United Kingdom's match against Iran is later today. Sayla Mass is nervous and is trying to pass the time until the match.

Friday, December 7, 2007, 8:07 AM, British Standard Time

Sayla sat at her desk in her and Fraw's bedroom.

Sayla was looking over the United Kingdom's Gundam team's profiles on her laptop:

NAME: SALLY PO
RANK: CAPTAIN
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM TEAM LEADER
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 12/20/1987
AGE: 19
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BLONDE
EYES: BLUE
CITIZENSHIP: BRITISH
BIRTHPLACE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
RESIDENCE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

NAME: SAYLA MASS
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM PILOT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 12/04/1981
AGE: 26
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BLONDE
EYES: BLUE
CITIZENSHIP: BRITISH
BIRTHPLACE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
RESIDENCE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
WINS: 2
LOSSES: 0

NAME: KAREN JOSHUA
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM TEST PILOT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 01/17/1981
AGE: 26
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: RED
EYES: BLUE
CITIZENSHIP: BRITISH
BIRTHPLACE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
RESIDENCE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

NAME: DOROTHY CATALONIA
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM HEAD ENGINEER
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 04/04/1989
AGE: 18
HEIGHT: 167 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BLONDE
EYES: PURPLE
CITIZENSHIP: BRITISH
BIRTHPLACE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
RESIDENCE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

NAME: FRAW BOW
RANK: N/A (CIVILIAN)
OCCUPATION: ORAL SUPPORT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 05/24/1984
AGE: 23
HEIGHT: 167 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: BROWN
CITIZENSHIP: BRITISH
BIRTHPLACE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
RESIDENCE: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Sayla chuckled and added an "M" to the first word of Fraw's occupation.

Fraw walked into the bedroom.

"Sayla,...it's time."

Sayla looked at her for a moment, then she nodded and shut down her laptop.


Sayla and Fraw got out of their car and walked over to Sally.

Sayla saluted Sally. "Sir."

"At ease."

Sayla relaxed. "How's the Gundam coming along?"

"Great. It's ready as it'll ever be. How about you?"

"Honestly, I'm scared."

Karen was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area. Standing at consoles on the ground was Dorothy.

"Want to try it out before the match, Flight Lieutenant?" Sally asked.

Sayla frowned. "What would I do, Sally? Practice firing off missiles?"

Sally frowned. "Fine. Are you sure that you're up to this? Say the word, and Karen will take over for you."

"I can handle it."

Sally smiled. "We still have some time until the match. Relax."


Sayla and Fraw each got a can of regular cola out of a cooler and sat at a table that was set up a short distance from the designated match area. Fraw sat to Sayla's left.

Sayla opened her can and took a swig of cola. "I'm glad that I got him to agree to fight me here, anyway. I'm nervous enough without having to deal with going to and being in Iran."

"I'm sure that it was partly so he could humiliate you on your own turf."

Sayla frowned. "You're not helping."

"Sorry."

Sayla noticed a car approaching from the distance.

After it stopped, the passenger side door opened, and a man with short, curly, black hair got out.

He closed the door and walked over to a console that was set up a short distance from the designated match area.

"Bright Noa's here. We won't have long to wait now."

Fraw looked. "I don't see the Iranian team."

Sally walked over to them. "We just received word that the Iranian team is on its way. Let's get you prepped."

Sayla looked at Fraw and smiled. "Told ya."


"Karen, come down from there! Sayla's taking over!" Sally called.

Karen unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the cockpit, immediately entering the elevator that had been set up in front of the Gundam.

Karen rode down to the ground and walked out of the elevator.

"You ready?" Karen asked Sayla.

"I hope so."

Karen frowned. "You hope so? You want me to pilot the Gundam? Last chance to back out."

Sayla considered it for a moment. "No. I'll do it."

Dorothy grinned. "It'll be a glorious battle! I can't wait to see it!"

Sayla frowned at her. "Even if I die?"

"Well, maybe not so much then."

"Sayla."

Sayla looked at Fraw.

Fraw kissed Sayla passionately on the lips.

After a moment, Fraw finished the kiss.

Sayla smiled. "Thanks, love."

Sally frowned. "I understand that Lech Marcinkiewicz's family is watching this match on television. Good luck, Sayla. If it comes down to it, don't hesitate to kill the fucker."

Sayla looked at Sally. "Understood, sir."

Sayla walked into the elevator and pressed a button.

She rode up to the chest level of the Gundam.

Sayla got into the cockpit and fastened her seatbelt.

"Power on!" Dorothy called.

Sayla pressed the Power button, turning the Gundam on. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

"Can you hear me?" Dorothy asked.

Sayla now heard Dorothy's voice through the cockpit's speaker.

"Yes."

"Okay. Close the cockpit."

Sayla pressed a button. The cockpit closed.

Sayla looked at her screens. The cover was being removed, and she got her first in-person look at Iran's Gundam. It was sand-colored. There was a beam rifle in its left hand.

The Iranian Gundam's cockpit door opened. The Iranian pilot got into the elevator, rode up to the chest level, and got into the cockpit. He then closed his cockpit.

Sayla waited in silence for what seemed to her like an eternity.

"Sayla, the introductions are about to be made. Receive the audio."

At Sally's order, Sayla pressed a button.

"Good morning, everyone. Welcome to Level 3, Match 1, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in front of Buckingham Palace in the United Kingdom. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is the United Kingdom versus Iran. The United Kingdom's pilot is Sayla Mass. The Iranian pilot is Ali Ahmadinejad. The United Kingdom's Gundam - the white one - is 18.5 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. Iran's Gundam - the sandy one - is 22.5 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle, missiles, and I don't wanna know what else. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Ali moved his Gundam forward and punched Sayla's Gundam with its right fist. Sayla's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Ali made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Sayla's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Sayla's Gundam repeatedly.

Ali's Gundam landed back on the street.

Sayla fired her Gundam's beam rifle. The shots hit Ali's Gundam repeatedly.

Sayla selected the MISSILE option on her Gundam's computer console.

Panels on the arms of Sayla's Gundam slid open, and the missiles rose out of the arms.

"Are you intending to use the missiles, Sayla?" Dorothy asked.

Ali made his Gundam run at Sayla. Sayla made her Gundam jump backwards.

"Not unless I have to."

Ali made his Gundam lunge at Sayla. He picked up her Gundam and threw it at the Victoria Memorial. Sayla's Gundam landed on the angel statues, destroying them.

Sayla used her thrusters to balance her Gundam on top of the remaining part of the memorial and prevented it from falling over.

Panels on the arms of Ali's Gundam slid open.

Sayla fired her Gundam's missiles. Ali made his Gundam fly into the air and dodged the blast.

Missiles rose out of the arms of Ali's Gundam.

"Bloody Hell!" Sayla exclaimed.

Sayla pressed the EJECT button on her console.

The cockpit opened.

Sayla and her seat were ejected from her Gundam.

Sayla deployed her parachute and landed gently on the street.

Ali's Gundam landed back on the street.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Iran's pilot tried to do it again. He tried to kill Sayla Mass, the United Kingdom's pilot. It seems Sayla Mass is all right. Iran has beaten the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. Iran moves on to Level 4. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Sayla unfastened her seatbelt, stood up, and walked over to Sally.

"Are you okay, Sayla?" Sally asked.

"Yes, sir. Sally, I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it. You did your best. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, sir."

Karen looked at Sayla and smiled. "Good job, Sayla."

Sayla smiled. "Thank you, Karen."

Dorothy looked at Sayla and grinned. "You're so awesome, Sayla! I'm an even bigger fan of you now!"

"Thank you, Dorothy."

Sally looked at Sayla and Fraw. "You may return to the base. We'll handle the Gundam transport."

"Thank you, sir."

Sayla and Fraw walked over to their car.


Sayla and Fraw were packing their clothes into their suitcases in their bedroom.

"I've never been so scared as I was today."

Fraw looked at Sayla.

Sayla was shuddering and started crying. "I thought I was gonna die. I really thought I was gonna die."

Fraw hugged Sayla. "It's okay, love. You're alive and well."

Sayla hugged Fraw. "I love you. I love you so much!"

"I love you, too. Don't worry. We're gonna go to the US, and we're gonna help them win this thing."

"Yeah."

Fraw kissed Sayla passionately on the lips.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


"How bad is it?" Sally asked.

Dorothy was looking over some preliminary statistics. "Not bad. I'll fix it up when we get home."

"You might wanna hold off on that. We might be taking it on a trip."

"Oh?" Dorothy asked.

Karen looked at Dorothy. "We'll likely be supporting another nation, Dorothy."

"Oh!" Dorothy exclaimed, understanding.


Sayla knocked on Sally's office door.

"Come in."

Sayla opened the door and walked into the office. Fraw followed and closed the door behind her.

Sally was sitting behind her desk. Dorothy and Karen were sitting in chairs.

Sayla saluted Sally. "Flight Lieutenant Sayla Mass reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, Flight Lieutenant."

Sayla relaxed.

"We recently got back. I talked with the Prime Minister. We're supporting the United States. We're leaving today. We're going to watch the American news now, and then we'll go home and pack."

Sally turned on the television on the wall behind her desk.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The first match of the third level of the First Gundam Tournament was held in London in England this morning. The participants were the United Kingdom and Iran. Iran won. It will move on to Level 4. The United Kingdom, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will back the United States in the tournament. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, how is the White House reacting to Iran's victory and the United Kingdom's defeat?"

"Peter, the White House is greatly upset that Iran has advanced to the next level of the tournament, but it's also happy that the United Kingdom will support us. Overall, it's a mixed - but largely negative - reaction."

"Will the resources of the United Kingdom help the United States?"

"Probably, Peter. The United Kingdom's Gundam seems to be very advanced."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Sally turned off the television.

"Dismissed. Get to work, everyone."

Sayla opened the door and walked out of the office. Fraw, Dorothy, and Karen followed her. Karen closed the door behind her.


Murrue sat behind her desk in her office. Emma, Relena, Matilda, Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria sat in chairs in front of the desk.

Murrue smiled at the other women. "I've called you in here, because the United Kingdom's Gundam Team will be arriving soon."

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened. Sally, Sayla, Fraw, Dorothy, and Karen walked into the office. Karen closed the door behind her.

Murrue, Emma, Relena, Matilda, Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria stood up.

Murrue walked over to Sally and offered her right hand. "Welcome. I'm Captain Murrue Ramius."

Sally shook her hand. "Thank you, Captain Ramius. I'm Captain Sally Po."

"Have a good flight?" Murrue asked.

"Yes. Our Gundam will be arriving here shortly."

"There's a space in the hangar for it. Allow me to introduce the rest of my team. These are Lieutenant Emma Sheen, our pilot; Relena Peacecraft - pardon me, Ensign Relena Peacecraft, her girlfriend and an aspiring Gundam pilot; Lieutenant Matilda Ajan, their bodyguard; Nina Purpleton, our head engineer; Lucette Audevie, also an engineer; and Lieutenant Lunamaria Hawke, our test pilot."

"Allow me to introduce the rest of my team. These are Flight Lieutenant Sayla Mass, our pilot; Fraw Bow, her girlfriend; Flight Lieutenant Dorothy Catalonia, our engineer; and Flight Lieutenant Karen Joshua, our test pilot."

Murrue, Emma, Relena, Matilda, Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria each shook hands and exchanged greetings with Sally, Sayla, Fraw, Dorothy, and Karen.

Emma smiled. "It's nice to see you again, Sayla."

Sayla smiled. "It's nice to see you again, Emma."

"Emma, Relena, Matilda, Sayla and Fraw will stay with you."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, sir."

"Nina, Lucette, Dorothy will stay with you."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, sir."

"Lunamaria, Karen will stay with you."

"Yes, sir."

"Sally will stay with me. Any questions?"

Dorothy looked at Relena. "Miss Relena, have we met before?"

Relena stared at Dorothy. "I've never been to the UK before, Dorothy."

"And I've never been to the US, and yet..." Dorothy shook her head. "Never mind."

Sally looked at Relena. Relena looked at Sally. They stared at each other in silence for a moment.

"Ms. Peacecraft,..."

"Yes, Captain Po?" Relena asked.

"Um,...never mind."

Emma observed this situation with some interest.

"Any other questions?" Murrue asked.

No one said anything.

"Okay, dismissed. Get to work, everyone."

Emma opened the door. Relena, Matilda, Nina, Lucette, Lunamaria, Sayla, Fraw, Dorothy, and Karen walked out of the office. Emma walked out after them and closed the door behind her.

Nina looked at Dorothy and smiled. "Dorothy, I'm looking forward to going over your Gundam and all of that delicious data that you brought."

Dorothy smiled. "I'll be happy to share them with you, Nina."


Emma, Relena, Matilda, Sayla, and Fraw sped down a highway in Emma's yellow convertible. They were listening to "Follow Your Dream" by Valerie Stevenson on the radio.

It was dark. Emma's headlights were on.

"Relena, I'm curious about something. What was the deal between you, Dorothy, and Sally earlier?"

Relena looked at Emma. "I don't know how to explain it. It feels almost like déjà vécu but not quite."

"Like you know the people but not the exact situation?"

"Yeah. How did you know that?"

"After the opening ceremony, I had a similar reaction to Reccoa Londe, the French Gundam pilot, and I think she had the same reaction regarding me."

Emma turned left onto another street.

"Furthermore, now that I think about it, I feel the same way about Fa Yuiry, the Japanese pilot."

Sayla, sitting between Fraw and Matilda in the back seat, looked to her left at Matilda. "Y'know, I seem to have the same feeling regarding Lieutenant Ajan."

Matilda smiled. "You girls may call me Matilda. Sayla Mass. Fraw Bow. Hmmm, I feel the same way. Very strange."

Fraw looked at Matilda. "Yeah."

They reached Emma and Relena's house.

Emma brought her car to a stop in the driveway.


Now that the United Kingdom is supporting the United States, the two teams are getting to know each other. Emma and Relena are in for a surprise. Murrue, Sally, Nina, Lucette, and Dorothy go to Anaheim Electronics to begin production of the missile system.

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Shining Blue Fire"

You will race with the tide.