Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Alex ( Chapter 41 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 41

Alex

Written By
Mark Moore


Canada's third Gundam match is in two days, and Christina MacKenzie is cautiously optimistic regarding her performance. Meanwhile, Natarle Badgiruel, Une Antonn, Miriallia Haw, and Stella Loussier meet to develop a new weapons system.

Friday, December 14, 2007, 9:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time

At École du Ciel in Montreal, Canada, Natarle was sitting behind her desk in her office. Une, Miriallia, and Stella were sitting in chairs.

Natarle looked at the other women. "You have an interesting proposal, girls. I've invited someone here from Technological Development that can help realize this dream."

There was a knock at the door.

Natarle smiled. "Come in."

The door opened. A woman walked into the room. She had long hair, which was tied into a ponytail. Her hair was dyed blue. She closed the door behind her.

The woman saluted Natarle. "Lieutenant Chan Agi reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, Lieutenant."

Chan relaxed.

"Let me introduce you. These are Miriallia Haw, our head engineer; Une Antonn, the leader and test pilot of the French Gundam crew; and Stella Loussier, the French head engineer. Girls, this is Chan Agi."

Une, Miriallia, and Stella stood up. Each of them shook Chan's right hand and exchanged greetings with her.

"What may I do for you, sir?" Chan asked Natarle.

"Well, our next Gundam match is in 2 days. If we win, we'll have a 1-in-3 chance of being paired with Iran in Level 4. If that should happen, we'll need something powerful to defeat the Iranian Gundam."

"Do you have anything specific in mind?"

Natarle looked at Miriallia and Stella.

Miriallia nodded. "I have an idea. I call it Alex."


The place where the Canadian Gundam was being tested was École du Ciel in Montreal, Canada. The Gundam was in a hangar.

Asuna Elmarit, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Christina MacKenzie, Reccoa Londe, and Monique Cadillac stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Asuna. Standing at consoles on the platform were Miriallia Haw, the Gundam's head engineer and communications officer, and Stella Loussier, the French Gundam engineer. Flay Allster and Catherine Bloom were also standing there, staring at the Gundam in fascination. They were interested in the proceedings but were primarily there to give moral support to Christina.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Miriallia's request, Asuna pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Miriallia smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Asuna pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Miriallia nodded. "Good!"

"I think that's about all that we have enough time for."

Miriallia nodded. "Agreed, Stella. Power down, Asuna."

Asuna opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Asuna got out of the cockpit.

Miriallia looked at Christina. "I think everything is ready as we can make it."

"Will I have any unexpected problems while operating it?" Christina asked her.

"You shouldn't."

Natarle Badgiruel, Christina's superior officer, and Une Antonn, Reccoa's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Reccoa and Stella saluted Une. "Captain!"

"At ease."

Christina, Monique, Miriallia, and Asuna saluted Natarle. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Miriallia?"

"I think it's ready as we'll get it."

"Good. Our third match is in two days."

"Yes, sir. Um, may I do some tweaking of the OS code?"

"We're loading up the Gundam and shipping it to Zambia. You'll have to work on it in the air."

"Understood."

Natarle looked at Christina. "I'm personally overseeing the Gundam's transport. You will leave for Zambia tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Asuna. "Asuna, you're with me, Une, Miriallia, and Stella."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Catherine. "Catherine, you, too."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Flay. "Flay, if Christina wants to get in some last-minute training in the simulator, you're in charge."

"Yes, sir."

Une looked at Reccoa. "Help her, too, Reccoa."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle smiled. "Okay, come down from there. We have to move the platforms and elevator to get the Gundam out of there."

Christina, Flay, Reccoa, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine walked into the elevator and rode down to the floor. They walked out of the elevator.

Soon, a group of officers arrived. They operated heavy machinery to move the platforms and elevator out of the way. The women watched this.

Once all of that was out of the way, one of the officers held up a remote control and powered the Gundam up. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

The women watched as the officer made the Gundam walk out of the hangar. The women followed the Gundam.

A truck was parked outside the hangar. The officer made the Gundam lie down on the platform behind the truck. He then powered down the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

The truck driver pressed a button, and the platform moved into the truck, taking the Gundam inside with it.

The officer got onto the back of the truck and pulled the door closed.

Natarle looked at Christina. "Okay, we're off. We'll see you in Zambia."

Christina saluted Natarle. Natarle saluted Christina, then she got into the passenger seat of a car. Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine got into the back seat. The driver of the car followed the truck to the runway.

Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay watched the truck and car go until they were out of sight.

Christina looked at Monique, Reccoa, and Flay. "Let's go to the simulation room. I want to practice."

Flay looked at Christina. "You sure don't waste any time."

Reccoa looked at Christina. "Let's see what you've got."


Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay entered the simulation room in another building on the campus.

Christina got into the first simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Flay made some selections on the computer console. "Let's try a computer opponent first. The drone will be a combination of everyone's Gundams as usual."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Christina's left. The drone appeared in front of her. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Christina heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Christina moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Christina jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Christina then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Christina knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

The drone came at Christina and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Christina punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

Christina activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She quickly flew over the drone and behind it.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Christina kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Christina knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

The drone punched Christina's Gundam fives times with its right arm. It then fired at Christina's Gundam with its beam rifle repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Christina grew frustrated. She backed her Gundam up.

The drone fired at Christina with its beam rifle repeatedly. The blasts hit her Gundam.

"Overheating!"

The drone fired at Christina with its beam rifle. Christina activated her Gundam's thrusters and started to fly into the air. The blasts hit her Gundam anyway, and it fell back onto the dock.

Christina kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Christina got out of the simulator.

Flay smiled. "Pretty good, Christina. Your reflexes are pretty good."

Reccoa smiled. "So is your strategy."

Christina walked over to them. "Really?"

Flay gave Christina a cheerful smile. "Really. Don't worry, Christina."

Christina smiled at her. "Thanks."

"Do you want to try fighting a human opponent?" Flay asked.

"Sure."

"Okay, get in."

Christina got into the first simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Flay made some selections on the computer console. "I switched the program to 2-player mode. Do I have a volunteer?"

Monique walked over to the second simulator. "I'll try it."

Flay smiled. "Go for it, Monique."

Monique got into the second simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

The screens inside the simulators turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Christina's left and Monique's right. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Christina and Monique heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Christina moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at Monique's Gundam. Monique jumped and avoided the attack. Christina jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit Monique's Gundam repeatedly. Christina then kicked Monique's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Christina knew that she had caused damage to Monique's Gundam. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at Monique's Gundam with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

Monique came at Christina and kicked her Gundam five times with her Gundam's left leg. Christina punched Monique's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Christina knew that she was close to victory. She kicked Monique's Gundam five times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Checkmate!"

Monique's Gundam fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Christina got out of her simulator.

Monique got out of her simulator.

Monique smiled. "Pretty good, Christina."

Christina smiled. "Thank you, Monique. It was fun."


Natarle, Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine were standing in the special, massive airplane that was transporting them and the Gundam. They were currently en route to Zambia.

Miriallia and Stella were standing at a console, testing the Gundam. Natarle was on a cell phone.

"Yes, Mr. Prime Minister." Natarle turned off her phone and put it in a pocket. "Everyone, listen up."

Miriallia and Stella stopped their work. They, Une, Asuna, and Catherine looked at Natarle.

"I just got off of the phone with the Prime Minister. I pretty much guaranteed him a victory on Sunday. Is everything ready?"

Miriallia smiled. "The Gundam is in better shape than it was before our second match."

"And our pilot?" Natarle asked.

Asuna smiled. "I think she's got the right mix of caution and confidence; I think she'll be okay."


Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay walked into the living room of Christina and Flay's house.

The telephone rang.

Christina walked over and picked up the handset. "Hello?"

"Christina, it's your mother."

"And your father."

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad."

"Good luck in your match on Sunday."

"Thanks, dad."

"I'm sure that you'll win on Sunday and make us and all of Canada proud."

"I'm not so sure, mom, but thanks for having confidence in me."

"Bye, Christina."

"Bye, dad."

"Bye, Christina."

"Bye, ma."

Christina turned off the handset and set it down to charge.

"Come on, girls. You have to exhaust me, so I can get a good night's sleep. Let's take a nice, 1-hour shower."

Monique, Flay, and Reccoa happily followed Christina upstairs.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Natarle, Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine entered their hotel room.

Catherine closed the door behind her and locked it.

Natarle turned on the lights.

Miriallia yawned. "We seriously need to get some rest."

Natarle stretched. "Christina, Reccoa, and Flay will leave for here tomorrow. Let's hope that Christina has trained enough."

Asuna smiled. "Knowing her, I'm sure that she did."

Natarle smiled. "Anyway, good night, girls."


Saturday, December 15, 2007, 7:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time

Christina woke up.

She looked to her right. Flay was sleeping next to her. She looked to her left. Reccoa was sleeping next to her. She looked forward. Monique was sleeping between her legs.

Christina turned and positioned herself over Flay. She took a moment to admire Flay's beauty.

Christina kissed Flay on the lips.

Flay woke up.

Christina finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Flay smiled. "Good morning."

"Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can pack."

"Okay."

Christina positioned herself over Reccoa. She took a moment to admire Reccoa's beauty.

Christina kissed Reccoa on the lips.

Reccoa woke up.

Christina finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Reccoa smiled. "Good morning."

"Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can pack."

"Okay."

Christina gently rubbed Monique with her legs.

Monique woke up, positioned herself over Christina, took a moment to admire Christina's beauty, and kissed Christina on the lips.

Monique finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Christina smiled. "Good morning. Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can pack."

"Okay."


Christina put a duffel bag on the bed and opened it.

Then she got a clean uniform and put it into the bag.

She also got a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a box of dental floss, a small bottle of mouthwash, a small can of deodorant spray, a small bar of soap, and a small bottle of shampoo from the bathroom and put them into the bag.

Christina zipped the bag closed.

"Is that all that you're taking?" Flay asked.

"We're going there just for the match. We'll be back home by tomorrow evening. Pack just one pair of clothes. It'll be enough."

"Okay."

Flay got a duffel bag, put it on the bed, and opened it.

Monique got a duffel bag, put it on the bed, and opened it.

Reccoa got a duffel bag, put it on the bed, and opened it.

Christina looked at them. "Don't worry about the hygiene stuff. I already packed it."

Flay, Monique, and Reccoa looked at her. "Okay."

Flay got a fresh set of clothes and put it into her bag.

She zipped the bag closed.

Monique got a fresh set of clothes and put it into her bag.

She zipped the bag closed.

Reccoa got a fresh set of clothes and put it into her bag.

She zipped the bag closed.

Christina checked her watch. "We should get to Merquise Air Force Base and board the airplane."


Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay sped down a highway in Christina's yellow convertible. They were listening to "Everyday Is a Winding Road" by Sheryl Crow on the radio.

They soon arrived at Merquise Air Force Base.

Christina brought her car to a stop by the gate. She and Monique handed their badges to the security guard, and Flay and Reccoa did likewise with their visitor's passes. The guard scanned them and handed them back. Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay handed their duffel bags to the security guard. The guard opened them, inspected them, closed them, and handed them back. Then Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay had to go through thumbprint and retinal scans. Finally, the security guard opened the gate, and Christina drove onto the base.

Christina drove to a runway and parked in the lot near it.

Christina, Monique, Reccoa, and Flay got out of the car and walked over to an airplane. It was a cool Autumn morning. A gentle breeze was blowing.

Christina inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love Autumn so much."

Flay inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

Reccoa inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

Monique inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

The pilot saluted Christina and Monique. Christina and Monique saluted him.

The five of them boarded the airplane.

"Do you want the window, Monique, Reccoa?" Christina asked.

"No. Thank you."

"No. Thank you."

Christina sat by the window, Flay sat to her right, and Reccoa sat to her right. Monique sat by the aisle, across from Reccoa. They each buckled their seatbelts.

Soon, the airplane's engines started. The airplane sped down the runway and flew into the sky.

Christina stared out the window.

"Nervous?" Flay asked.

Christina looked at her. "Not particularly."

Flay smiled. "Good. Did you bring anything to read?"

"As a matter of fact, I have."

"Good thinking. It's a long flight. What did you bring?"

Christina unzipped her duffel bag and took out a laptop computer. "I brought my laptop. I figured I'd look over our First Gundam Tournament profiles."

Flay giggled. "How exciting."

What did you bring?" Christina asked.

Flay unzipped her duffel bag and took out a book. "I brought a romance manga."

"Cool."

Christina opened her laptop and turned it on.

After Windows loaded up, Christina checked up the profiles of the Canadian Gundam team:

NAME: NATARLE BADGIRUEL
RANK: CAPTAIN
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM TEAM LEADER
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 12/24/1981
AGE: 25
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BLACK
EYES: PURPLE
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

NAME: CHRISTINA MACKENZIE
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM PILOT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 03/30/1986
AGE: 21
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: RED
EYES: BLACK
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
WINS: 2
LOSSES: 0

NAME: ASUNA ELMARIT
RANK: ENSIGN
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM TEST PILOT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 12/24/1988
AGE: 18
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: BLACK
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

NAME: MIRIALLIA HAW
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: GUNDAM HEAD ENGINEER / COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 02/17/1989
AGE: 18
HEIGHT: 159 CM
WEIGHT: 52 KG
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: BLUE
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

NAME: MONIQUE CADILLAC
RANK: LIEUTENANT
OCCUPATION: SECURITY OFFICER
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 07/11/1982
AGE: 25
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 52 KG
HAIR: RED
EYES: GREEN
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

NAME: FLAY ALLSTER
RANK: N/A (CIVILIAN)
OCCUPATION: MORAL SUPPORT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 03/15/1989
AGE: 18
HEIGHT: 165 CM
WEIGHT: 49 KG
HAIR: RED
EYES: BLACK
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

NAME: CATHERINE BLOOM
RANK: N/A (CIVILIAN)
OCCUPATION: MORAL SUPPORT
RACE: CAUCASIAN
DOB: 03/30/1988
AGE: 19
HEIGHT: 164 CM
WEIGHT: 46 KG
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: PURPLE
CITIZENSHIP: CANADIAN
BIRTHPLACE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
RESIDENCE: MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA


Canada's third Gundam match is here. Christina MacKenzie is unsure of the outcome. Will she be able to defeat the Zambian pilot and keep Canada in the tournament? The end of Level 3 is near, and soon the world will know the Level 4 match-ups.

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Level 3, Match 4"

You will race with the tide.