Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Why a Rose has it's Thorns ❯ Duo and Quatre ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Last Time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"May you find peace my daughter." Chronos bet down and kissed her cheek and Setsuna's body disappeared; after she was gone Chronos turned to Diamond. "For what you have done, and for what you will do.. may you be cursed for the rest of your days." Chronos traced a finger over Diamond's chest. Red welts raised in the shape of a pengagram, glowing for a brief moment before all signs of it were gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Quatre.. you have to hold on just a bit longer buddy." A brown haired young man with his hair kept back in a long braid groaned, supporting his aryan compainion. They were fleeing a rebel base that they had just exploded a few minutes earlier. Quatre had been hit in the head with a large piece of metal and was struggling to hold onto conciousness.

"We're almost back to the hut, then you can rest." Duo groaned as he carefully shifted Quaqtre as they exited the forest and entered a small clearing. There stood a good sized military issued tent, covered in netting to keep out most insects. He pushed through the favric door, laying Quatre out on a cot, covering him with a blanket.

"I'm going to go get some water, you going to be okay here Q-man?" Duo asked and Quatre nodded slightly. "I'll hurry back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duo trudged down a beaten path, creatued by the large animals that used to live in the area. He walked to the edge of the spring, filling up his and Quatre's canteens. He glanced out the corner of his eye, pausing his work when he saw a form at the edge of the water. He walked over to the body, bending down to get a better look. It was the body of a woman, scantly clothed and the lower half of her body in the water.

"Hey girl! Are you okay?" Duo dropped the canteens, checking her to find a pulse. She groaned, flinching away from his touch. Duo grinned, putting the canteens over his shoulder and picking up the woman in his arms. "Who ever you are lady, you need to eat more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Setsuna tossed and turned in her sleep, whimpering as a wet cloth blotted away the sweat on her brow. Having her nightmares and delusions chased away by soft comforting words until eons later, her fever broke.

She opened her eyes, wincing at the sunlight coming through the window of the tent. 'Where am I?' She glanced in to the side, looking out the tent door into the clearing.

"Well hey! Sleeping Beauty woke up." A man with long braided brown hair slipped into the tent. She looked up at him as she pulled herself upright, scooting away from him.

"Who are you?" She asked wairy of the man infront of her.

"Duo Maxwell, me and my buddy were out here camping and I found you by a pond not too far from here." Duo said twisting his actual story around. "Who are you?" He asked, smiling at her.

"I .. I don't know." She whispered, looking down at the floor. "I don't remember who I am or where I came from." Her shoulders shook as she held back her tears.

"Hey, no need to cry babe it's ok." Duo approached her slowly, sitting down at the edge of the cot and putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Duo? Is our friend awake?" A blonde young man with bright blue eyes stepped into the tent.

"Yeah, I think she has amnesia though." Duo looked at the young woman. "Miss, this is my buddy Quatre. He's been helping me take care of you. "

"Thank you Mr. Quatre for helpng to take care of me."

"you're certainly welcome Miss... I'm sorry but I'm not sure what to call you." Quatre said with a light blush. "What's the first word that comes to mind?"

"I don't know.. I can't think of anything." She whispered and Duo looked at her for a long moment.

"Rose." Duo grinned looking at her. "How about we call you Rose until we figure out what your name is.?"

"I.. I kinda like it." Rose noeed and Quatre smiled.

"I think it's a pretty name, if you don't mind us calling you Rose of course?" Quatre asked and Rose nodded her head and then jerked it back, groaning.

"Excuse me." She mumbled and took off into the trees, holding her hand over her mouth.

"What do we do about her Quatre? We can't just abandon her out here." Duo grimanced as he heard heaving swounds from the woods.

"I suppose we have to take her with us to the Sanq kingdom, we can get her to a docter and go from there." Quatre started packing up their things and Duo grabbed up a cup of water.

"I'm going to go see if Rose needs some water." Duo started to go after her. "Rose! Where are you?" Quatre smiled, shaking his head as the two disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose stood shakily, leaning against a tree and whiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Hey are you okay?" Duo walked towards her, putting his hand on her shoulder , turning his head politely to the side as she lifted her clothing to wipe her mouth and offered the cup of water.

"Yeah it's just my stomach started bothering me." Rose took the water he offered, rinsing out her mouth. "Thank you Duo."

"No problem, We'll see about a change of clothing for you when we get back to the tent." Duo took her arm, leading her back towards the camp site." Do you mind coming with us to see our friends?" He looked at her as she leaned against him, noticing how tired she was.

"You and Quatre are the only people I know. I would be all alone with out you two. I will go where ever you ask me to go." Rose yawned and Duo picked her up in his arms.

"Sleep, you need your rest Rose." Duo whispered and she nodded, curling up against him. He walked to the edge of the clearing and frowed, the cloth from her clothing felt a little crispy and rough. He looked down at the fabric, blinking at the dried blood all over her thighs and neither regions. "Someone hurt you didn't they? I'm glad you can't remember it then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END CHAPTER!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay folks! It's poll time! I need you to tell me which character you want Setsuna/Rose to end up being with. If you have any other suggestions.. please review and give your ideas!

Your Options:

(Gundam Wing)

Duo

Wufei

Heero

Milliardo

(Sailor Moon.. these guys will come into play later)

Seiya

Taiki

Yaten