Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Raven ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Ohayo, minna! I'm back, and with a new chappy! Yay! Kadril's been working me like a horse. . . two stories at once, on top of work and school. But here's a chapter and there's more to come. **grumbles incoherently about stupid formatting** Well, I think it's fixed. **crosses fingers**

~Midnight Raven~

Chapter 3



It was a pretty decent club. The music was nice and loud, the dance floor was small enough to feel just slightly crowded, and the drinks weren't bad. You would never have though it was an OZ facility. Unless you were looking for it, like Duo.

He knocked back a couple of vodka shots and hit the floor. A few older gentlemen tried to keep up with him, a few hot boys would grind with him, but no one really struck his fancy. None of them were Heero. 'Duo no baka, you are getting way too serious about that boy.'

A few hours later he entered the safehouse. Wufei was still awake. "What did you learn?"

"Two doors, three guards at each," Duo said, trudging up the stairs while Wufei followed. "They change shifts at a quarter past midnight. Why, I have no idea. Seems like a strange time to me." He turned in the hallway. "How'd they do tonight?"

"Three questions in, Quatre got upset and locked himself in the bathroom for two hours." Duo groaned. "Heero worked with Trowa through the list while I talked Quatre out."

"Did anybody take any notes?"

"Heero said he'd leave them on your desk."

"Good. Quat asleep?"

Wufei smirked, "In your bed."

"Huh?"

"He was too flustered to sleep in the same room as Trowa," Wufei explained with humor in his voice. "So he's asleep in your bed, and you're to take his."

"Wow, that bad, huh?" Duo yawned. "I guess I'll fix it in the morning. 'Night, Wu-man."

"Baka." Wufei slipped into his room and went to bed.

Duo quietly entered his room and grabbed a change of clothes and the notes. Quatre was curled up in his bed, hugging a pillow for dear life. 'Poor thing, I shouldn't have left him.' Heero woke up to the movement around the room. He stared at Duo as if he were checking for missing limbs. "Go back to sleep," Duo mouthed, as he turned to leave.

He made a quick side-trip to the attic, them went to Trowa and Quatre's room. With the dim light from the hallway, he looked in at Trowa. A big, serene smile covered the green-eyed boy's face. 'I thought he was supposed to be good at acting, with the circus and all. Oh, well, at least I don't have to pussyfoot around, being quiet.' "You're not foolin' me, Tro." He snapped on the light and started changing.

Trowa sat up in bed, a slightly negative cast to his stoic features.

"Well, do you wanna tell me what happened?" Duo finally asked. "Or do I have to use my psychic powers?"

"Didn't Wufei explained it?" he replied almost, Duo thought, sulkily.

"Yeah, he did," he said, flopping down on Quatre's bed. "But I wanna hear it from you."

"Heero asked him what he loved about me. He got upset and locked himself in the bathroom," he replied matter-of-factly.

"Oh, so that's what the question was. . . . How do you feel about that?"

"It was very unprofessional of him. He should have hidden his disgust. Instead he let it drive him from the room. That's something he can't do during the mission." Trowa's voice betrayed him.

"Disgust?" Duo asked. "You think Quat was disgusted by you?"

"Quatre's personal feelings are irrelevant. He shouldn't have behaved so unprofessionally."

"Trowa, cut it out," Duo said seriously. "You don't have to pretend that that didn't hurt your feelings. And Quat isn't disgusted by you, he was just embarrassed by the situation."

Trowa raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Then why can't he even sleep in his own room?" he harrumphed and threw the covers over his head.

Duo gave up on the boy. He was too tired to do any good. He was about to shut off the light when he remembered the notes:

What is your "anniversary"? We celebrate our 1-year anniversary of our first kiss in 5 weeks.

What is something about your lover that gets on your nerves? 03: He's a bit naive. 04: He's always so quiet, I never know what he's thinking.

What do you love about him? 03: His gentle soul. 04: _______

What romantic hobby do you share? We play music together.

What about him, physically, do you find most attractive? 03: His big aquamarine eyes. 04:_______

What pet name do you call him? 03: Little one. 04:_______



Duo stopped reading. Some of those were really cute, but he was exhausted. He'd go to sleep and hope that his brain would come up with something while he rested. If not, there was his little act of sabotage in the attic.


I know, I know, it's a short chappy and nothing too impressive happened. Anybody wanna know about the sabotage? Hehehe. Sorry I really didn't want it to cliff hang right there, but it was 2 am, and the words were starting to blur. It looked like a good stopping spot. I'll update soon, I promise. **glares at Kadril for the late night inspirations**