Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Complete ❯ Fine, I'll Tell You ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fine, I'll Tell You

The five of them stare at you expectantly, waiting for you to say something. You go through your options quickly and come up with one answer: the simplest way is to just tell them everything and hope that they believe you. Then maybe, you can get back to base and everything'll work out for the better… you could definitely use an alliance with them…

"Okay then… now where to start?" you muse. "At the beginning, obviously, but that means it'll take a long time to explain…"

"Well, get started, then," Duo mutters.

You stick your tongue out at him. "Shut up, 02."

The others freeze and give you long looks. "What did you say?" Trowa asks finally.

You shrug. "I called him 02. I knew you were the Gundam pilots from when I first saw Heero… if it wasn't obvious by the name, the way you guys act, the pictures that look exactly like the ones OZ has of you, and Duo's claiming that he's Shinigami." You grin at the looks on their faces. "Surprised? Well, I guess I'm a better actress than I thought… but anyway, make yourselves comfortable. This might take a while."

The pilots walk all the way into the cell, and Wufei closes the door after them. You take a seat on the bed, playing with your hair, as they choose spots around the room. You take a few seconds to think before you begin.

"Well, first of all, if you couldn't tell, I'm against OZ. The destroyed base? That was one of my missions. I work for an organization that fights against those who pose a threat to the peace, especially those who want to start another war."

"Sort of like Preventers?" Duo interrupts. When you nod, he continues, "Well then, why does another group exist that does the same thing as they do? Wouldn't it be easier to just join Preventers?"

You cough lightly. "Well, you could say that… The difference is that we're mostly soldiers from the last war, and need something to keep us occupied. Therefore, we prefer to use more… violent… methods, so that it's as close to what we're used to as it can get without starting another war."

They take a few moments to sort that all out. You give them a couple seconds before you start speaking again. "As far as I know, the organization started about a month or so after the war. I joined up shortly afterwards, with little else to do… see, I was part of one of the colonial rebel armies - not White Fang, of course - and I was pretty bored up until that point. The Mariemaia incident helped convince me that OZ would probably try to pop up a few more times, and I have an old grudge against them that didn't quite fizzle out during the war."

"And that grudge would be…?"

"Personal," you grumble, knowing that you promised yourself that you'd explain everything. Unfortunately, you won't let yourself break that promise. "I lived on one of the L6 colonies till I was eight. You probably haven't heard of it: Colony X16789?" (A/N: Random numbers there, people!)

Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei shake their heads. Heero, however, looks thoughtful. "Colony X16789… wasn't that destroyed by the fighting between OZ troops and the rebels in AC 188?"

You shrug. "Not exactly, but close enough. OZ and the Alliance spread the rumor that it was actually colonial rebels who caused the destruction of the colony, but in reality, OZ was the one to blame. Fighting exploded on that colony because at least half of the citizens were rebellious against both the Alliance and OZ. It was in 188 that Romefeller got tired of it all and OZ was sent to destroy the rebels… and in effect, everyone in the colony. Naturally, the colonists wouldn't take that lying down, so it erupted into a full-fledged battle - inside the colony. My brother was one of the rebels, and a high-ranking one at that, so when OZ found out…"

"You were targeted as being closely associated with him," Wufei finishes for you. You nod.

"Yeah. Well, we got word of it a few minutes before they would've ransacked our house, so my parents sent me to the shuttles…" you trail off, remembering the OZ soldier you met on the way, and the suggestive grin he'd had on his face as he reached to grab you… "I ran into trouble on the way there, but I took care of it. Actually, I think that was the first time I've ever killed someone, but it serves him right if he was actually thinking about raping a child…"

The pilots are silent, and you're lost in your memories for a few moments before Quatre clears his throat quietly. You snap out of it quickly and continue, "Anyway, after that, I made it to the shuttles without running into too much trouble. The only ones there were the ones that OZ had come on; all the civilian shuttles had been destroyed as soon as they'd come. I can't remember much after that, but I snuck onto one of the OZ ships to try and get away."

"Which makes you wonder: which is the lesser of the two evils, getting killed by OZ on the colony or getting caught and tortured for stowing away?" Duo mutters. The others glare at him, and you roll your eyes before you start talking again.

"After a few hours of fighting, which mostly ended up as a stalemate of sorts, OZ got annoyed and retreated back to their ships. Luckily, I'd found a good place to hide and they didn't notice me… well, they took off, and I thought they were leaving for good. But as soon as they were far enough away from it, they turned back their ships and fired on the colony…"

Duo swears very softly under his breath, Quatre looks extremely sad, and Wufei's eyes are blazing with anger. You take a bit of pride in the fact that they believe you before you go on. "I made it back to Earth without being caught, except I apparently didn't plan that well. Logically, where would an OZ ship land once it got back to Earth?"

"In an OZ base," Trowa murmurs.

You nod. "Of course. I didn't bother to think about where'd I go or anything after I got away from L6. So I ended up being caught, of course… tortured… then left to die in a nearby forest after they couldn't get much more out of me than where I'd come from." You unconsciously finger an old scar on your left arm as you talk. "After that, I managed to survive after I found a small stream nearby, and from there, I led a semi-normal life for the next two years, but I kept training to fight OZ. After that, I managed to barter my way onto a shuttle heading for the colonies, where I joined the rebels when I was eleven. From there, the rest is obvious."

Heero nods slowly. "How about more on the organization you work for now? Who leads it? What do you know about the new OZ?"

"Well, Doctor Y's pretty much the leader of our group…" The next hour or so is spent telling them everything you know about OZ's plans, your plans, and anything else of importance. Finally, when you're done, you sigh and lean back. "Now that that's done… what are you going to do with me?"

The pilots share a look. "What do you think?"

"Well, since we seem to be on the same side - fighting against OZ - then I was thinking, if Doctor Y lets me, maybe we can form an alliance…"

"No," Heero says coldly.

You blink, staring at him. "Why not?"

Quatre shakes his head, looking slightly sad. "We can't trust you. You gave away all that information too readily, without knowing if we were really on your side."

A feeling of cold dread starts to well up in your heart. "What are you going to do with me?"

"Sorry," whispers Duo, just as Heero raises his pistol and points it at your heart.

He pulls the trigger.

~THE END~

Well, you managed to get yourself killed, and by Heero, too. I congratulate you. O_o I found that this was a lot harder to write here than in the chapter outlines I did in my notebook. Anyway, there will be happy endings… it's just that they're a bit hard to write if you're not already friends with the pilots and it's mostly an action/adventure story. Don't worry, though, they're out there. -DG