Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken ❯ Mistaken 4: Flight ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Mistaken-4 Flight

Disclaimer...*blah...blah...blah* I don't own 'em...shit I can barely afford to rent them...you know the deal.

Warning...see chapter 1
********************************************************************* *****************************************
Heero's POV

What is this pain? How can anything hurt this bad, I wonder as I silently remind myself to breathe. Rage...red hot blinding anger clouded my vision until the only people I could see were Duo and the man who had come up behind him on the dance floor. Wasn't it bad enough that I had to sit here and watch the man that I love bump and grind fro every hentai pervert in this god forsaken place? But now...now I had to watch that man touching my Duo!

'Breathe Yuy...' is all I can think at the moment as I shut my eyes tightly and will that image out of my head. I just want to rip off that man's arms and beat him to death with them...those strangers' arms that dare to touch the object of my affection. Didn't he even realize that Duo is mine?!

That's when it actually dawns on me..."he's not mine, in fact he never was." As I think more on it, I cannot even say that he is my friend...I believe that I lost that privilege the moment I left. But now what? What about...what about me?

Okay, now I just feel kinda stupid, shit why the hell did I even come here? Did I really expect him to wait for me...to keep his life on hold while I just up and left to "find myself"? Did I honestly think that I could just show up after an entire year and he would just jump into my waiting arms like nothing had ever changed? Shit that guy is probably his boyfriend or something.

I stand and push the barstool I had been occupying and grab my drink. I throw back the foul smelling concoction and appreciate the burning sensation as the liquid fire enters my body. I had not even considered the option of getting drunk prior to this but now it seems a reasonable option. I could do it...drowning myself and my misery in the bottom of a bottle...at this moment it seems quite comforting, well at least if I wasn't in the same room as the cause of my misery.

And that's when I made my fatal mistake, as I glanced absently toward the dance floor and see Duo's mouth just inches from the man's ear talking to him intimately. At that moment I didn't know if I wanted to kill someone, break down and cry, or just kill myself right then and there. Now that I think it over, none of those three things were really an option. Mainly because I was still the perfect soldier and I don't think I could really break my training enough to be seen weak in public. If I was alone that was an entirely different matter, but at the moment I was in a room full of totally strangers and potential enemies.

Again rage and hurt bubbled into me from my once dead heart...I hate this. That's when I happen to catch that man's eyes and try to burn a hole through his head with my hate. The moment passes quickly as it seems that Duo has noticed his look of dread, but it doesn't matter anymore because I am already halfway to the door.

As I practically throw myself into the stale air of downtown L2 I am relieved to be anywhere but inside that club. Even the music seemed to be mocking me. Of course now that I am now standing in the middle of the parking lot I have no idea what to do next.

Slumping down the wall I have to ask "why?". That word repeats itself over and over again into my pain-wracked brain, and somehow I don't even comprehend it. Why did I come here? Why didn't I just stay with Duo in the first place? Why did Duo choose him? Why didn't I just kill that guy and be done with it? Which 'WHY' is it? But I guess it doesn't matter anymore anyway...Duo is still with that guy and I am still sitting out in the parking lot with a broken heart.

Even I have to laugh at that last thought. Who even knew the great Heero Yuy had a heart to break...and it was his best friend that did it! Although when I think about it more closely I realize it's more than sad...because I had just discovered this new heart and it was already broken. Maybe Dr. J was right...maybe it is better to live without the distraction of feelings and emotions than with them, I am already suffering for going against his training.

I don't even know how long I have been sitting outside the club for when I heard the familiar laugh of a certain braided ex-pilot...and that forces me to focus on the present. Now I had wished I had self destructed in Siberia oh-so-long-ago. Duo and the man have just entered the parking lot...Duo is practically draped over the other. I have to cringe at the very thought of what the two of them are planning to do in the near future...and that's when it hits me. I have finally figured out what I must do...as I hear the drunken mumble of Duo directing the cab driver to the Palm hotel.