Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mortal Kombat: Annihilation ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Noin floated silently into the empty spaceship. Lady Une and Zechs were still gone exploring. She hoped the aliens didn't attack them too. Tapping a few buttons, Noin walked into her quarters and sat on the bed, while setting the petri dish onto the night stand. Hanging her head, she sighed.

'Why? Why had she looked back? If she hadn't of looked back, she'd still be alive! She'd still be here to help me examine the things in this damned petri dish!' Noin thought, anger welling inside of her. Anger at the aliens for killing one of her comrades, unintentional anger at Charlotte for not watching herself. Anger at herself for being too afraid to try and save her.

Taking off the spacesuit designed only for outerwear, Noin changed into a more comfortable, well sort of comfortable, flight suit and lab coat. Noin then picked up the petri dish and strode out of her room with a slightly defeated air. Walking into the small make-shift laboratory, Noin began to open different drawers containing eyedroppers, microscope lenses, test-tubes and the like.

Opening the petri dish, Noin walked backwards. A red-pink coloured smoke began to billow from the petri dish. "What the hell..?" Noin said to herself, putting on a reserve gas mask. Several seconds later, the smoke dispersed, leaving the laboratory walls tinted in its colour. Noin peered at the petri dish, racking her brain for answers. The petri dish had a melt down. All that was left of the petri dish was the soil that it contained.

"Strange..," Noin muttered. "I've never seen anything like that happen before."

**

Sitting on the grass, the pilots looked at Gohan in question. "..what's next?" said Wufei, feeling a small stiffness in his lower back. "Well, how do you feel? Do you think you could continue with the next lesson?" Gohan replied, hands resting on his hips. "My lower back is a bit stiff.." Wufei answered. Gohan suspected this. "That stiffness is from over-exertion. You must have channeled your ki wrong. Stand up."

Wufei stood, hands to his side and feet slightly spread apart. Gohan then walked over to Wufei, about to speak. "Stand totally still, or else this will hurt more than it will heal.." Wufei's back stiffened as he tried to stand perfectly still. Gohan then punched Wufei's lower back, causing the boy to fall forward.

Falling onto his hands and knees, Wufei glared up to Gohan. Gohan just smiled. "Your back shouldn't be stiff anymore now." Standing again, Wufei stretched backwards, the normal feeling of limberness returning. "Amazing," was all anyone else could mutter. Other than Goku and Vejiita.. of course.

"What's the next lesson, dad?" Gohan then said, turning to face Goku. A thoughtful look crossed the man's face before he spoke. "They've learned to briefly control their ki.. now they should how to sense it." "Kakarotto. It's too early for them to learn that." Vejiita said, looking up to the taller man. "It's not like we have a lot of time, Vejiita," Goku stated. "Besides, if we took them slower, their world would be ruined by the time they perfected it."

Vejiita shrugged. He didn't care much for this in the first place. "Do it your way, Kakarotto. If they forget what they've learned previous to this next lesson, its your fault." said Vejiita, crossing his arms. Goku thought about what Vejiita said. He came to his conclusion. "Gohan, thats enough for today. Tomorrow we go faster though." Goku said.

"Alright, dad," Gohan turned back to the Gundam pilots. "You're free for the rest of the day. You can either practice what you've just learned, or do your own thing. Choice is yours." Simultaneously; Heero, Duo, Trowa, and Quatre stood. The Capsule Corp. base wasn't too far from their current location; a brisk walk would do them nicely.

**

After fruitlessly searching for something significant, Zechs and Lady Une floated into the spaceship. Once inside their respective quarters, Zechs and Lady Une re-dressed into the inner wear of a ship. Rustling could be heard from the laboratory Noin was in, then a loud boom.

"SHIT!" Noin exclaimed as she looked over her mess. Somehow while adding clearing chemicals to the soil, to distinguish whether it had any types of organisms in it, the soil started to sizzle. Another reaction yet to be explained. Sizzling soil, melting plastic and billowing smoke.

'All of this makes no sense..' Noin thought as Lady Une and Zechs darted into the room to check out the boom. Looking around, Lady Une turned her gaze to Noin. "Where is Charlotte Bennington?" she asked. She was killed. By the aliens. Torn to shreds, skinned and boned." Noin stated, a twinge of hurt evident in her voice. With shocked looks on their faces, Zechs and Lady Une began to see how deadly and ruthless their adversary really was.