Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Operation Fresh Start ❯ Pt. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Operation Fresh Start pt. 1/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 1x2x1, and others.

Notes: Ummm…it's another messing with the GW world fic of mine. *grins* Also, if you want to archive, please ask…trust me I'll say yes *grins*

Warnings: There will be some deaths but not the major characters *grins* Other than that there is angst, romance, action/adventure, drama…etc…

Category: Umm..probably action/adventure

Archives: Mediaminer.org, 1x2ml, DHML, Gundam Wing Universe

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters, but the story's mine….

All five pilots were in various states of shock. They had just heard Relena Darlian Peacecraft and Dorothy Catalonia had been killed in a car accident. The latest in recent deaths of the more powerful people.

First it had been Treize and Lady Une in an explosion at Treize's mansion. Then the horrible shuttle crash carrying Zechs and Noin to one of the Oz bases. The pilots had been expected to win now that Treize and his top staff was dead but that didn't happen. Without them the war got even uglier. Mobile dolls, which hadn't been used all that much, were in high use now and they weren't the most accurate machines. Innocent casualties had risen in the last month alone from Mobile Doll battles. Earth and the Colonies were suffering from a loss of resources.

Now the pilots were taking a much-needed break and were staying in a secluded safe house in the forests of Canada. In the den of the current safe house, Heero sat at his laptop but didn't move to do anything. He just stared blankly at the screen. Duo and Trowa stood in the doorway to the den and watched him.

"How long has he been like that?"

"Since this morning."

"Damn. He's taking this really hard, but then we are all taking it really hard," Duo could still hear Quatre crying from somewhere in the house. They didn't know where Wufei had gone but they knew he was grieving in his own way. Duo looked at Heero and sighed, "I'll see what I can do. Thanks for getting me Trowa."

"No problem Duo."

Trowa slowly walked away from the room and went to comfort Quatre. Duo slipped into the den and walked up to Heero. He made sure he made some noise, hoping that Heero would hear it and realize who it was. He made it to Heero and slowly moved the laptop away. When he had enough space cleared he sat up on the table and looked down at Heero. Heero didn't seem to notice him there, he kept staring blankly ahead.

"Heero? Heero….come on Heero…wake up."

Duo gently caressed Heero's hair hoping to shake him out of his stupor. It seemed to work because Heero looked up at him. Duo shivered when he looked into Heero's eyes. There was so much pain residing in those eyes.

"I didn't save her Duo. She died Duo and I didn't save her. It's like the little girl, I can't save anyone. I can't protect anyone…She's dead Duo…dead…dead…dead…"

"Shh…baby…Shh."

Heero leaned over and pressed his head into Duo's stomach then reached his arms around him and held him tightly. Duo ran his hands down Heero's back in soothing patterns hoping to calm down his lover. Duo could feel wetness soaking his shirt as Heero cried and Duo felt tears stream down his cheeks. He leaned down and kissed Heero's head and rocked them gently. He whispered reassurances into Heero's hair as he rocked them.

The quiet scene was interrupted when the laptop beeped. Heero stiffened and then straightened in his chair. Duo sighed and ran his hand through Heero's hair one last time and slid off the desk. Heero smiled a small sad smile and pulled the laptop closer. He pulled up the message and read it. Once he was finished he deleted it and turned to Duo.

"Mission?"

"No, we're supposed to meet up with the scientists."

"Where?"

"In space."

"Oh."

It was at this moment that Quatre, Wufei and Trowa walked into the room.

"Did you get the message." Wufei asked.

"Hai."

"Are we going to go?" Quatre asked

"Hai. We leave in ten minutes."

They all nodded their heads and went to pack. Heero stared blankly at the laptop before powering down and going to pack as well. He wondered what the scientists wanted.

TBC