Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Out on the Limb ❯ ITE-Chapter 2 ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

In the End

By Devon Masterson

Chapter Two: Points of Authority

 

Heero slammed his hands down in frustration. "Shit!" he exclaimed as he looked at the blank screen. He stood in his anger and knocked over his laptop. He kicked it across the room and fell to his knees breathing hard. He felt soft arms surround him. He touched the arms of his wife. He had hoped his outburst would help him feel better and take away some of the pain, but it didn't. "Victoria…"

"Well find them," she assured as she held him. She sighed lowly. "Were you at least able to find anything?"

"They wiped everything," he answered. "Birth certificates, school records, medical records. The only information that exists is what we physically have."

Lady Une tightened her embrace. She had never been so exposed before. The Domini managed to get to her and Heero. She almost regretted the affair that led to the happy life they had been leading up until this morning, but she knew she couldn't trade the memories for anything. "I'm going to go Germany and see what I can find. Hein likes to play games."

"I'm going with you," he remarked.

"You probably should stay here and handle things," she commented.

"I am not going to give him the chance of taking you away from me," Heero replied as he turned to face her. "You're all I have left and I need you by my side."

Lady Une nodded. Perhaps it would be best to utilize the buddy system for awhile to make sure she was not a target, but she some how she knew she wasn't. The Domini had what they wanted. "We will make him pay."

***

 

Hein stared down at the unconscious children laying on the table. "Will they at least retain their basic skills?"

The doctor shook his head. "They are very willful children they resisted everything subjected to them even threatening the safety of each other barely deterred them. Wiping their memories is the only thing we can do, they would only fight brain washing and eventually we would lose control," he answered. "We will have to re-teach them everything from speech to reading and writing. That will put us behind a year."

"So how long will the dampener chip last?" he asked. Assistants started the procedure below.

"We will have to replace it every year until they finish growth. They will know only what we tell them and will have total alligence to you."

"Excellent, Dr. Lefou," he replied as he saw them make an incision at the base of the children's brains. "I can't wait to see how they turn out." He walked out of the lab and started down the hall.

 

Six years later…

Students talked animatedly as they waited for their headmaster to come out and introduce the new students. A few rumors that members of the clandestined Lowe family would be coming to their new school circulated amongst the student body. They all quickly hushed as their headmaster walked out onto the stage and stood at podium followed by five students. All of the students carefully accessed the new students for clique potential. "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to Mr. David Wynn, Miss Evelyn Lowe, Mr. Christoff Lowe, Miss Victoria Lowe, and Mr. Nicholas Lowe. They will be attending St. Gabriel's this semester please make them feel welcome."

The students murmured excitedly at the prospect of meeting the new students on a one-on-one basis. They were more than pleased by the new St. Gabriel's students. Evelyn smiled as her eyes looked over the shallow students. "Thank you, Headmaster Sutter, for the gracious welcome. We look forward to being apart of the student body."

"You're welcome, Miss Lowe," he smiled as he succumbed to her charm. He turned back to the mass of students. "And this concludes this morning's assembly have a wonderful day of classes."

The students rose from their chairs and filed out of the exits excitedly. Some of them planned on how they would approach the students and others just enjoyed the brief break from classes.

Evelyn walked off the stage and motioned for the others to follow. They were all secretly excited about being around other people and looked at it as a chance to perfect their skills of blending into their enviroments. Certain social skills could only be learned in real situations. "We'll meet you by the gymnasium after school," Evelyn commented as she looked at her younger brother and sister. Victoria and Nicholas nodded then walked off in the direction of the underclassmen classes.

Christoff raised an eyebrow and surveyed the almost empty auditorium. "There's something familiar about this place," he observed.

Evelyn frowned. She had been feeling the same way, but she knew they hadn't been there before. She looked into his Prussian eyes. "Perhaps you studied the blue prints entirely too close, Christoff," she replied.

He nodded his head reluctantly. "It's possible," he admitted as they started to walk in the direction of the exits.

"Once you start mingling with other students you'll be at ease," David assured him as he put his arm around Evelyn's waist.

Evelyn nodded. "You have fencing first, that always relaxes you."

Christoff smirked. "I don't expect to find a real challenge at this school." He adjusted his school case. "I will check in with you later in Calculus."

The couple nodded and watched at as he walked in the direction of the gymnasium. "I'll walk you to your first class," David remarked as they started down the hall.

"I'm sure I can make it there by myself," she commented as she noted his reaction. "It's not like I can't defend myself."

David tightened his grip around her waist as they walked down the hall. "I don't doubt that."

"But you do wish to kill the lustful, idealistic dreams of many young men," she teased. She smiled at a young man staring at her as she passed. David glared at the senior, making him turn away to avoid the obvious threat of bodily harm evident in his eyes.

"You enjoy doing that, don't you?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" she countered innocently as they reached her first class. "It is not like I am spoken for. You never actually told…"

He looked into deep green eyes. "I love you," he whispered before kissing her lightly on the lips. "Now you know. I'll see you in Civics."

"Well played," she complimented before waving.

David bowed before her then waved back before starting back down the hall. Evelyn watched him for a few moments then walked into the quickly filling classroom. "Welcome, Miss Lowe," the teacher greeted as she approached the young woman. "You can sit beside Miss Kanzaki on the fifth row," she pointed.

Evelyn looked toward a young blond with her back to her talking animatedly to some other students and nodded. "Thank you." She held her books to her chest as she started up the aisle.

"I missed the assembly this morning," the blond commented. "I came straight here from L2. My dad rushed to make sure I got here on time. It was hilarious."

"Your step-dad is so handsome, Miyuki," one of the girls complimented. "I love his hair. You're so lucky."

Miyuki wrinkled her nose. "He's my dad," she corrected, "and I'm lucky that we get along so well."

The girl looked around nervously. "Well the only thing you missed was seeing the new guys. All of them are handsome the youngest one, Nicholas almost makes me wish I was a sophmore. He has brown hair and blue eyes that you could swim in. I love his braid. It kind of reminds of your father, Miyuki."

Miyuki frowned for a second. "Who cares about sophmores?" another girl interrupted. "What about the other ones? Christoff and David are absolute dreams."

"Definitely," the first girl agreed, "Though I think David's taken by Evelyn Lowe. He kept glancing at her the whole time."

"Sounds like I missed a lot," Miyuki sighed as the girls continued to gossip. She turned around class would start soon.

"Excuse me," Evelyn said as she placed her books down at her new seat.

"I'm sorry." Miyuki began to move her books over so that her desk-mate would have room. The books slipped from her hand as she looked up. "Ja-Zell?" She covered her mouth.

Evelyn looked at her curiously. "You must have me confused with someone else. My name is Evelyn Lowe. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Kanzaki."

"Evelyn Lowe?" Miyuki asked.

The girls stopped talking and smiled in delight at being so close to new girl. She was prettier up close. "Don't mind Miyuki, she missed the assembly this morning. I'm Mary and this is Ann. You've probably heard of our father Thomas Barteck C.E.O. of Barteck industries."

Evelyn painted her smile on her face. "I should have known. It's nice meeting you."

Ann and Mary both smiled. "Perhaps you could come over for tea sometime?" Mary asked.

"I'll check my schedule and get back to you," Evelyn answered. The final tones sounded. "We'll talk later." The girls nodded and sat at attention. "I hate name droppers," Evelyn said mostly to herself.

Miyuki looked toward her. "You always hated when people threw out the accomplishments of their parents instead of their own," she said softly. A tear started to trickle down her cheek. "Ja-Zell I know it's you. I won't tell anybody just let me know."

"I don't know who you think I am, but my name is Evelyn Lowe," she said emphatically. "I would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me that."

Miyuki looked into Evelyn's eyes and saw the look of genuine anger and confusion. "She really doesn't know me." "I'm sorry, you look like someone I lost."

Evelyn put her hand over Miyuki's. "Don't give up on her. You seem like a caring person. If I were lost I would someone like you to think of me."

"Thanks," Miyuki smiled.

"I'm glad you're making friends, Miss Lowe, but now is not the time."

Evelyn flushed slightly but nodded. She was not used to drawing attention to herself and she was miffed that the teacher called out her name in class. If she was any less that honorable, she might have snapped the woman's neck like a twig. It was really unnecessary that her name be called.

"What's you next class…Evelyn?" Miyuki asked later as the class ended.

"Calculus," she answered. She wrinkled her nose. "I have never been fond of math, but it is a necessary evil."

"Tackling your weaknesses allows you to conquer instead of becoming conquered," Miyuki recited. She gathered her books.

Evelyn raised an eyebrow. "Exactly," she smiled. "You have a talented mind Miyuki and talented people are capable of understanding me."

A look of sadness passed over violet eyes but she shook it off. "I have calculus next as well," she commented. "Want to walk together?"

"That's fine," she replied as she picked up her books. "I need to do some research on this Ja-Zell person," she thought. She stepped outside of the classroom. Her eyebrow arched as she saw several girls hovering around her younger brother. They yapped about him like puppies trying to get a treat as he came down the hall. "This will not do."

"He is quite popular, isn't he?" David asked as he stood beside her.

"Quite," she answered annoyed. She was about to stalk over there and tell the girls off when she remembered Miyuki behind her. "Where are my manners? Miyuki Kanzaki this my boyfriend David Wynn."

"Nice to meet you," David commented.

"Patrick?" Miyuki's eyes widened slightly. "Nice to meet you, David," she replied

"I'll introduce you to, Christoff," Evelyn said as she pulled Miyuki along.

Christoff looked at the girls with a lack of interest. It was nice to have the attention of so many lovely ladies and it greatly fed his ego, but the abandonment of their decorum turned him off. "If I could have a minute of your time, dear brother, I would like to introduce you to someone," Evelyn interjected as she pushed through the crowd.

"Miyuki?" he asked instinctively.

"You two have met already?" Evelyn asked curiously.

"No, I…I don't know where that came from," he answered. "I looked over the school's roster database. I must have remembered your face."

Miyuiki smiled, "I wish you could have met a friend of mine named Parker. He knew everything about this school and made it his business."

Christoff shook his head. "Sounds like a colorful individual, wish I could meet him."

"He moved six years ago," Miyuki replied as she gauged his expression. It was completely blank. He really had no clue who Parker was or who she was. There had been a slight light of recognition, but he dismissed it. "They all must be here. Nicholas must be Victor and Ryoko is Victoria."

"Too bad," Christoff commented as he looked Miyuki over more carefully. She was quite pleasing to the eye. He touched her face.

"What are you doing?" she asked softly as she started to blush.

"You had something in your hair," he answered as he pulled a petal out of her hair.

"Thank you."

Evelyn smiled to herself. This match was much better than any of those other girls trying to Christoff's attention. They were to be regular students true, but she didn't want her brother with just a regular girl. "We'll be late for class."