Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Out on the Limb ❯ ITE-Chapter Three ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

In the End
By Devon Masterson
Chapter Three: Crawling
 
Miyuki stormed into the Preventer Commanders' office and glared at Duo. “I need some answers.”
“We'll be out in the hall,” Quatre commented as he and the others got up to leave the two alone.
“This concerns you as well, Mr. Winner,” Miyuki replied looking at all of the commanders evilly.
“This better be good we were in the middle of something,” Wufei snorted as he gave his attention over to the young woman.
“Why didn't you trust me with the truth of Ja-Zell's disappearance?” she asked looking at Duo mostly.
“What do the `truth'?” Duo asked. “You know almost as much as we do.”
“Is something going on?” Heero asked urgently. “Do you know something?”
“You mean you really didn't know?”
“Know what?” he asked annoyed.
Miyuki took a deep breath. “Today five new students were introduced to us. David Wynn, and the Lowe family which consists of two girls and two boys named Evelyn, Christoff, Nicholas, and Victoria.”
Heero raised an eyebrow. “More games. Those are their middle names.” He pushed past Miyuki.
“Where are you going, Mr. Yuy?”
“To get my children,” he answered.
“They won't know you,” she replied. He paused in his tracks. “Someone did something to their memory. I think they remember some details but not much and they're not the same.”
“I just want to see them,” he said then started down the hall.
Miyuki sighed as she felt a hand on her shoulder and wrapped her arms around her father. “I don't know what to do, Daddy,” she whispered as she started to cry. “I know it's them and they're so different. I just want my friend back.”
“I know,” Duo comforted softly. “And we'll get them back.”
***
Lady Une walked slowly through Ghent Square Park. Her eyes saddened as she watched mothers pushing their babies in carriages and school-aged children jumping and playing. She hugged herself and walked on as she always did everyday since they were taken from her. She needed to be by herself so she could think.
All of her strategy prowess and battle experience seemed to have failed her when it came to her own children. As each of the years passed hopefulness and depression sank in further and further. The only thing that she could be thankful for was her wonderful husband and their friends. A traumatic situation like theirs could have easily torn them apart, but they only grew stronger.
Soft melancholy music haunted her as she reached the center of the park. Lady Une looked up see where the music was coming from and saw two girls one blond and brunette playing the violin in the gazebo. Their backs were to her, but something about the music led her to move closer. “That was beautiful,” she praised as she walked up to the two girls. They turned around. Lady Une drew in her breath. “Victor and Ryoko?” she asked.
“I'm sorry?” the blond asked. “You must have mistaken us.”
Lady Une fell to her knees in grief as she realized they didn't know her. Those were her children, she could feel it. “Are you okay, ma'am?” Nicholas asked as he helped her up.
She grabbed his arms and looked into his deep eyes. “You have to know me.”
Nicholas soft eyes hardened in annoyance. He pulled himself away from the woman. “You'll be fine now.” He walked past her and picked up his case. “Let's go Victoria.”
Victoria looked at the woman curiously then walked away. There was something odd about the whole situation. They had been sent to the park to play, `mental warfare' Hein called it. But what she didn't understand is why seeing them play in the park would get to anyone, there was something that didn't add up. Nicholas could feel it too.
“There's no way I'm going to let him take you away from me again,” Lady Une said lowly as she stood. The time of grieving was over. Her children were right in front of her and didn't know her. “He's trying to play with me and I'm not going to tolerate it.” She started after them keeping her distance.
They were almost out of the park when a car pulled up. She narrowed her eyes to get a look at the plates when a young man bumped into her. “Excuse me,” the young man said as he helped her up.
“I'm fine thank you,” she said annoyed as she refused his hand. She stood to her feet and looked back at the car. She sighed as she saw that it was gone. She looked back towards the jogger and saw him nowhere in sight. “Very clever, Hein,” she muttered. Her cell phone started to ring. “What!”
“I need you here,” Heero's voice said over the line. “Miyuki, saw the kids at St. Gabriel's.”
“And I just saw Victor and Ryoko at the park. I lost them as they left. I met up with a cleverly placed distraction,” she replied. “I'm..I'm coming in.”
“Roger that,” he commented before hanging up.
***
David frowned as he watched Evelyn pack her bag. “You're going to have seduce him, aren't you?”
Evelyn paused briefly in her actions as she thought of her answer. “I will do whatever it takes to complete the mission,” she answered lowly. She sighed when she felt his arms wrap around her. “David…”
“I know, Evie,” he sighed. He turned her toward him and kissed her deeply. “I want to love your first.”
Evelyn looked into his eyes and smiled. “Thank you,” she whispered as he kissed her neck.
***
“Vice Foreign Minister, Hewlett,” Wufei called as he walked up.
“What is it, Commander Chang?” he asked annoyed.
“I can not allow you to leave the hotel,” he replied. “Your presence at the Security Council meeting is imperative.”
The Vice Foreign Minister frowned. “I'm sure the Domini have no intentions of executing me, Commander Chang. They are used to more bold tactics, but if you must insist then I will take a guard with me when I go out. I do not intend to be held prisoner in my own room.”
“I would rather you stay here.” Wufei commented.
“I will be fine, Commander,” he scoffed as he walked off.
Wufei motioned to two of his officers to go with him. He had an unsettling feeling ever since the kids showed up again. The Domini were up to something.
The Vice Foreign Minister should be safe with two of his best men with him. Normally he would have gone himself, but four hours in a strip bar was not how he wished to spend him time, especially when he would have to explain it to Catherine later. “Dodging knives is not my idea of fun either.”
 
“Your table as usual, Vice Foreign Minister?” a bouncer asked as Hewlett walked in with his two escorts.
“But of course,” he answered with a smile as he looked around at the gentlemen's club. His eyes went immediately went to the stage where a curvaceous woman was performing. “Who's that?”
“That's the new girl, Ambrosia,” he answered with the smirk. “She's quite a looker isn't she? I heard she's phenomenal as her name suggests. She's booked up for the night and the rest of the week.”
“Really?” Hewlett asked as he licked his lips. He was ready to sample the nectar of the gods. “Has she seen anyone yet?”
“Only the owner during her audition,” he remarked. “Like I said I heard it was phenomenal through the door that is.”
“What would it take to be number one on the list?” Hewlett asked as he reached into his pocket nonchalantly. His eyes were glued to the woman on stage as she sang and moved in rhythm.
 
Allow me some time to play with your mind
And you'll get there again and again
Close your eyes and imagine my body undressed
Take your time, we've got all night
You on the rise as you're touchin' my thighs
And let me know what you like
If you like, I'll go down
Da down down down da down down
I'll hold you in my hand and baby…
 
“A miracle,” the bouncer replied watching the woman as well. “I hear they go for around two thousand.”
“Done,” Hewlett said placing a wad of cash in the bouncer's hand. “A thousand now and the rest later after she makes me immortal.”
“Her room is at the end of the hall on the left. Tell Murray I said it was okay. He keeping watch just in case someone one wants to jump the line.”
 
If I was your girl
Oh the things I'll do to you
I'd make you call out my name
I'd ask who it belongs to
If I was your women,
The things I'd do to you…
 
“Soon we'll find out,” Hewlett commented as he started down the hall. “I'll be fine by myself.”
The guards looked at him and shook their heads. “We have strict orders.”
“Then stay outside. I don't need an audience,” he remarked as they got to Ambrosia's door. “I talked to Steve, Murray.”
Murray nodded in acknowledgement and let the politician pass. “Enjoy, Mr. Hewlett,” he snickered.