Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Out on the Limb ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Out on a Limb

Chapter 7

By Devon Masterson

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Colonel Une, I was able to get in touch with most your former soldiers," Niko replied. He watched her for a moment as she looked through some charts and graphs on her desk. "They are on their way and are prepared for you to lead them to the ends of space."

She looked up from her paperwork and gave a look of gratitude. "Thank you for all your help, Niko," she replied. "I would haven't been able to move as fast without you."

"You're welcome, ma'am," he said as he watched her wistfully. "I tried to contact Lieutenant Zechs and Lieutenant Noin, but they can not be reached."

"I detected someone trying to track the Domini's signal from near the Sangk Kingdom," she commented, "it might be him, though the jamming signal coding he used was rather odd."

"Is there anything else, I can do for you?" Niko asked.

Lady Une sighed as she thought about Heero. "I will be fine."

Niko looked at her curiously. He had a feeling that there was more than she was telling, but she was never in the habit of confiding in him. He was just there to help her be strong when she fell apart. "Yes, Colonel." He walked to the door and opened it. He gasped when he saw Heero standing in the doorway and drew his gun out of habit.

"It's alright, Niko," she replied as she came out from behind her desk.

Heero watched her every movement. She was alive and before him. He looked towards Niko briefly, as his stare grew cold. "I see that you're alive and well," he remarked.

She nodded as she watched him as well. "Are the others okay?"

"Everyone is fine."

"How did you find me?"

"Trowa recognized the coding."

"I see," she replied softly.

Niko stared at the exchange between them. "She's in love with a gundam pilot?" He looked away. "I will be downstairs if you need me, Colonel," he said as he shut the door behind him.

"Have you found the base yet?" She asked as she walked over to her desk. "I tacked the signal to…" her sentence trailed as she felt Heero's arms embrace her tightly. "I thought…"

"Shhh," he whispered as he held her in his arms. He turned her towards him and kissed her passionately. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"Don't ever leave me again," she replied. He sat down in her chair and pulled her into his lap. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"Nothing would keep me from getting back to you," he commented as held her tightly. He didn't want to let her from his embrace, just hold on to her forever. He swept her hair away from the back of her neck and kissed it. She leaned back against him as he started moved his hands lightly up and down her body.

"I love you," she said softly as she felt his hands undoing her bra and removing her shirt. She pulled from and turned to face him. She kissed deeply him as she opened his shirt then kissed his neck. "Heero, I'm…"

Heero moaned at her initiation and placed his finger to her lips. He looked into her soft brown eyes. He needed to be close to her right now after everything that happened, time was too precious. He lifted himself as she slid his pants and boxers down then straddled him. He frowned as his hands stole under her skirt and felt silk panties again. He nearly ripped them again when he stopped himself. He grinned mischievously as he flipped them to the side and entered her. He inhaled sharply as she settled around him. "I love you, Victoria," he sighed as they moved together.

She only smiled in her pleasure as she leaned in his ear and breathed in it gently. "Show me how much," she whispered as she started to move against him harder.

Heero accepted the challenge as he grabbed her buttocks in order to push into her harder. He put all his frustration, grief, and passion into each thrust. He wanted to convey to her that even though he was not the most open man there was, he did care and was hurt when he thought he lost her.

Lady Une's eyes drifted shut as she felt the man she loved under her. The intensity of his emotions surged through her as she felt the familiar feeling of ecstasy. He tracked her down and came to her that was how much he loved her. She smiled as she felt her orgasm claim her. Heero pulled her closely to him as he came as well. He fought his impulse not to call out her name, by holding her closer and closer to him. He could feel her contorting as she shivered through her orgasm.

"My love," she whispered in German to him as they both came down from the sexual high. He still held her tightly when she brought one of her legs to the other side and lay sidesaddle across him.

"I want you to be safe," he whispered. "If I lost you I would blow a lot of buildings up." She chuckled lightly at his attempt at humor, but she knew in the back of her mind there was a lot of truth to it. "I mean it, Victoria, I want you to be safe."

"Heero," she sighed as she pulled away from and got up.

Heero stood and pulled up his pants. "I don't want you to put yourself in danger."
"I can't guarantee that anymore than you can," she replied as she picked up her clothes and started to dress.

"I am a front line soldier and you're a strategist," he argued. "I have been trained to encounter the dangers of direct combat."

She narrowed her eyes. "I am fully aware of my capabilities and yours as well," she replied angrily. "I can take care of myself."

"And that's why you were in a coma for most of the war," he replied.

"How dare you?" she asked as she slapped him. Both of their eyes widened at the action.

Heero said nothing as he held his face in shock. He stared at her coldly. "Fine," he said simply.

Lady Une balled her fist as she watched him leave. As the door shut behind him, she hit the desk with her fist. She dropped into her chair and placed her face in her hands.

"Colonel Une, there's a transmission from Trowa Barton for you," Niko replied as he opened the door. He saw the distraught look on her face and came over to her. "Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine," she replied as she placed a device on the vid phone and took the call. "Commander Barton, it's good to know you're alive and well."

Trowa looked around nonchalantly to see if Heero was in the room, but only saw Niko standing at attention. He noticed the look on her face and knew something was wrong, but said nothing. "I just wanted to let you know that the Domini have eight gundams and an army of mobile dolls. There is no way our forces can withstand them without leveling out the playing field."

"I will have my people running interference from our end," Lady Une replied. She looked at Niko and he nodded in agreement. She turned to Trowa. There had to be another reason he called other than to tell her that. She knew of the Domini's capabilities just like he did. "You want me to pilot the last suit?"

Trowa nodded. He knew Heero wouldn't like it, but she was one of the few people who had the ability to pilot a gundam. "We will rendezverous at New Edwards for further details in 2 hours."

"Over and out," she replied.

"Over and out," Trowa said.

Niko looked at Lady Une as she took a deep breath. "Colonel, let me go in your place."

"Nonsense. I can take care of myself. I have to pilot the gundam. I am a soldier like you and I can still give orders via the com link," she replied.

"Colonel, I don't what happened between you and the gundam pilot, but it's not worth throwing you life away," Niko commented lowly. Lady Une arched an eyebrow and Niko looked down. "Forgive my impudence, Colonel."

"Your thoughts have been taken in account," she replied as she opened the drawer to her desk and pulled out a pair of glasses and put them on, "but I have no intention of dying. I will contact you in two hours time. Have the men ready."

"Yes, Colonel." Niko saluted and left the room.

Lady Une walked to a mirror on the wall and braided her hair into the double bun style she wore during the war. "I never thought I'd ever see you again," she said lowly to her reflection.

***

Heero looked out of the window of the small cargo shuttle. "What are we waiting for?" he asked.

"Lady Une," Quatre answered as he sat down beside Heero and buckled his seat belt.

"What?" he asked incredulously.

"We need her to pilot the last suit," Quatre answered. He looked at Heero's expression and sighed. "You and I both know we need it too much destroy it and there is no one else to pilot it."

"Not her," he replied.

"It's too late," Trowa commented as he came to the main area. "She's already on her way. She should be here in fifteen minutes. Zechs and Noin are keeping a look out for her." He then turned and went back to the cockpit with Wufei to check things over.

Duo leaned back and looked at Heero then shook his head. "So you guys broke up?" he asked.

"I don't think it's the time," Quatre warned as he looked at Heero's expression.

"If I were lucky enough to find someone I would never let her go," Duo replied.

"I didn't want her to get hurt," Heero argued.

"You're soldiers. We get hurt sometimes, but we get the job done. It's what we do and we're all damn good at it," Duo scoffed. "How do you think she feels when you go off one of your missions?"

"It's different," he said simply.

"How the hell is it different?" Duo asked incredulous. "We were matching wits against her and she nearly killed us. You two perfect for each other, you're both scary as hell."

"Shut up, Duo," Heero replied indicating that the subject was closed.

Duo took the hint but had to add one last comment. "You're a real asshole if you let a chance like this pass you by." He then opened up a newspaper and put it over his head as though he was going to sleep.

Quatre sighed and looked at Heero. "He is right you know," he said lowly.

Before Heero could say anything the door of the shuttle slid to the side and the last of the team boarded. A brief look was exchanged between the feuding lovers as Lady Une sat in her seat and buckled the belt. "What is the plan of action?" she asked.

Heero turned away from the others and looked out of the window. He already knew what the planned entailed, judging from the equipment they had. They were going to put the ship on autopilot and drift toward the Domini's asteroid base. Once inside they would most likely break into teams of two, subdue the enemy pilots, and grabbed the gundams. It was a simple enough plan, except Victoria was now involved. He hated the idea that she was on this mission in the direct line of danger. If he didn't make it out that was one thing, but if she died on him again he wouldn't be able to take it. Things were already strained between the two of them as it was. He wasn't sure if there was still a two of them.

"…once we have the gundams, our back up will arrive and distract them as we set off bombs to destroy the base," Quatre finished. "I know it's not the best of plans but we're out of options."

The others nodded in agreement. It was the best plan that could be implemented given the amount of time they had. They would each have to do their part and hope for the best. The Domini had only one weakness as far as they knew and that was a very centralized source. Their lack of bases is what allowed them to stay hidden and keep their activities under control for so long.

"We should be there in about twenty minutes so we should go ahead and suit up," Quatre suggested. The others nodded and went to do so.

Fifteen minutes later, Trowa and Wufei stepped from the cockpit. "We have three minutes," Trowa replied. "I've set the shuttle on auto-pilot and it's programmed to dodged some of the fire."

"Once we get to the surface we will not be able to use our long wave com links," Wufei added. "We have approximately ten minutes to set the explosives and secure the gundams before we are more than likely detected."

"In that time we will rendezvous at the northern point of the asteroid," Trowa remarked. He held his arm and looked at his watch, the others followed suit. "The time is fifteen hundred in five, four, three, two, one." All of their watches beeped in synchronization.

"Let's do this," Duo replied excitedly as he got into his pod. "Shinagami's back for divine retribution."

The others echoed his sentiment in their own ways. There was no turning back. If they failed the mission, it meant the loss of everyone freedom for everyone counting on them and certain death and/or torture for them. Heero looked at Lady Une as they got into a pod together. It was rather convenient that the two of them were partnered up together. The two of them drifted toward the asteroid in silence.

Everything was going according to plan. The cargo shuttle was met with resistance as it entered the asteroid's range. It dodged fire in a perfectly orchestrated fashion. Trowa's fighting prowess was impressive. His program anticipated the first few shots of the Domini perfectly as it dodged and even tried to be offensive. They cargo shuttle did eventually go into a blaze at it was practically atomized.

They all landed on the surface uneventfully moments later. They wished each other luck as the four teams entered the asteroid warily, going four different directions. They were not taking any chances with so much on the line. Heero and Lady Une walked cautiously along the corridor as they made their way to the room where the battle grid that the mobile dolls used was held.

Inside the security station, the station crew yawned and tried to stay awake. Their leader warned them that enemy was up to something and could strike at any time. They thought there was something to the warning when they saw the cargo shuttle coming towards them. After only a few minutes, they were able to shoot it down. They were staring to think that all the extra precautions they had been taking lately wasn't worth the trouble. Twelve-hour shifts and constant human surveillance was not necessary from what they saw. The gundam pilots were nothing without their gundams and Lady Une was nothing but a bitch with too much power and high regard for herself. "I don't know why we have do this," one of them replied. "The five of us don't all have to be here. The enemy detection could take care of this."

"I know what you mean," another replied.

"What the hell?" the first one asked as he looked at the screen. In three different sections he saw, two people walking cautiously down the corridor. "Lord Hein was right." He was about to hit the alarm when heard a low ping and then several others. He turned around and saw his comrades lying on the floor bleeding. His eyes started to roll to the back of his head as he fell.

Lady Une stood over the man and looked at the wall of images. "Good call," she heard Heero say as they left the room. She didn't believe in leaving anything to chance. The deviation may have cost them a few moments but already it seemed well worth it. "Thank you," she replied as they continued to the battle grid.

Moments later they reached the battle grid and began to set up the explosives. They were more of a distraction than anything else. They would allow to get to the gundams and get out. The damage they caused of course worked in their favor. With the battle grid taken out and the hangar mostly destroyed, the mobile dolls that were unharmed would have to be manually controlled and targeted.

"Let's go," Heero replied as she set up the last of them. They started for the hangar where the gundams were located. They had four minutes to get there and into the cockpit of the suits before the explosives went off. Inside of the gundams they would be able to withstand the explosions, that is if they got there in time.

"What are those guys doing sleeping on the job?" Commander Riker wondered angrily as he stalked to the security deck. He had been calling down to them for the past five minutes and still got no answer. He had visions of them laid out in irresponsible slumber. He left the Alliance for this bunch of rag tag soldier wannabes. He should have stayed in retirement like some of his old comrades. The newbies, as he called them, took too much for granted. They did not fear Lady Une and the gundam pilot's fighting prowess and he was starting to think that he might have sided with the wrong side. If the money and potential prestige weren't so good, he would have left years ago.

"Oh shit," he replied as he opened the door of the deck and saw all of his men dead. He saw eight space suits heading for the gundam hangar and ran to the alarm. "Red Alert. Enemy heading to level three. Secure level 3."

"The proverbial jig up," Wufei commented as he and Quatre opened the hangar doors. They were met with gunfire and returned fire as they tried to get in.

"We'll cover you," Duo and Trowa yelled as they came up. The started firing as Quatre and Wufei dived and rolled inside of the hangar.

"Couldn't they be a little more original?" Duo asked as he ducked his head to avoid getting it shot off. "They look almost like our gundams."

"They say imitation is flattery," Trowa remarked sarcastically. He felt weird about piloting a strange gundam, but seeing the almost familiar structure of the ones standing in the crossfire made him feel at ease.

"We're not taking too much of your fun are we?" Heero asked as he and Lady Une joined them.

"Just in time buddy," Duo answered.

"We'll cover you. Their reinforcements are on the way," Lady Une said as she changed her clip and started to shoot again.

"So we heard," Trowa replied. He looked toward Duo and they dived out into the crossfire.

"Get to the other suits," they heard Noin yelled from inside her suit as she stood in the middle of the fire to cover them. Zechs picked them up and put them near the cockpit of the other suit as Wufei and Quatre joined them as well.

Heero looked at his watch and saw they had one minute left. He looked to Lady Une and they ran inside as more troops came down the hall. They each ran to a mobile suit. "Uh," she groaned and held her side.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I got a cramp in my side," she lied. She looked at her hand as she entered the cockpit and sighed. She wiped the blood away and pulled out a disk from her suit. She uploaded the protection program that Heero gave them all.

Her console lit up as she powered up and she looked at her watch. Three. Two. One. The explosions they planted through the base went off. They took the opportunity to breach the hanger while the Domini were disoriented and met at the northern point.

"Now the real challenge begins," Wufei noted as he saw mobile dolls being deployed from the main hangar a few sub-hangars.

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

We all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs a whole bunch of rich influential people and I just have some concepts. Don't sue me, hire me instead ;p