Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 19

Wufei jumped as his pager went off with a loud beep. He reached for the offending item and scanned the small screen to see what was wanted and frowned slightly.

Trowa looked at him. "What is it?"

"It's from Paul. He wants me to contact him at the youth club."

"Anything wrong?"

"He doesn't say. Just to contact him as soon as possible."

"I hope they haven't got themselves into more trouble." sighed Trowa.

"I think if that were the case then the club's organizers would have contacted us and not Paul."

"Shall we go then?"

"Yes." Wufei picked up his jacket and went to fetch another Preventer to monitor the surveillance room.

Once the room was organized with replacements Trowa and Wufei headed for the youth group section in the compound. They arrived a short time later.

Wufei swiped his card in the small device and the door swung open to admit him and Trowa. They entered the large hall and spoke with one of the supervisors who nodded and went to get Paul.

Paul came back with a rather subdued Toby and Benny behind him. Wufei quirked an eyebrow at Trowa who gave him a blank look in return.

"Now what have you all been up to that should require our urgent attention?" asked Wufei.

"I'm sorry ta call yer here Wufei, Trowa, but Benny here had a sudden flash back and it sorta rocked him real bad."

"Oh." Trowa moved to his 'son' and crouching down pulled the small boy into his arms. "What was it Benny?" he asked softly.

"I remembers where I saw that guy that Tob ran inta."

"I think we should find somewheres more private ta talk about it Wufei. It aint very nice an I don't fink others should hear what Benny's got ta say." said Paul.

"I agree." Wufei found one of the supervisors and asked for a private room. They were escorted to a small office.

Shutting the door Trowa sat on the chair and pulled Benny onto his lap. Soothing the distressed child as he would a frightened kitten, he gently coaxed Benny to tell them what he remembered.

Benny repeated what he had told Paul and Toby earlier. His tears flowed again as he recalled the memory long ago buried away. "I shoulda helped him..... but I didn't. I was so scared that I jus ran aways." Benny sniffled into Trowa's shirt waiting to be scolded and told he was a coward.

Trowa just hugged the boy tighter. "It's all right Benny. You did the right thing. It must have been awful to watch but there was nothing you could have done. Even if you had gone to get help the chances are they would have been long gone by the time help got there." He didn't add to it the fact that Benny could have been next. Judging by the boy's confession these bastards wouldn't have stopped at one, they would have delighted in taking Benny too.

Wufei stepped forward. "When did you say this happened?"

"It append 'bout three years ago. Not long afta I joined up wiv the guys." sniffled Benny.

Toby, unable to watch his friends torment any longer, wormed his way in between Trowa's arms to hug the other boy.

Trowa smiled and moved his arms to accommodate Toby.

Benny felt a little better with his friend so close and Trowa's strong arms around him.

"Is there anythin yer can do Wufei?" asked Paul.

Wufei thought for a moment. "Yes there is. We will go through the computer records and dig even deeper to see what we can pull up on this guy. This sort of crime cannot go unpunished."

"I agree." said Trowa. "If you don't mind Wufei could you contact Sally and have her take a look at Benny here."

"I don't need no doctor person pokin me." growled Benny.

"I just want to make sure that you are okay Benny. You have had quite a shock and Sally won't go poking you." smiled Trowa.

"I'll stay wiv yer Benny." offered Toby.

"Sally isn't all that bad yer know Benny." said Paul with a wry grin.

Benny opted to just glare at his friends.

Wufei used the vid phone in the small office to call Sally. Once he had finished his call he turned back to the small group. "Sally will meet us back at the hotel. She said it was probably best to check Benny over in the suite."

Trowa nodded. "Right lets go then."

The two older men led the three younger boys back across the compound and to the hotel.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Fayah's lungs were burning with the effort of supplying her body with oxygen. She continued to run, ignoring the pain in her knees and the screams from her muscles as she pushed herself to the limit. She had to find Heero.

She skidded around a corner, grateful to see the seedy hotel up ahead. As she neared so she stopped her headlong rush and began to look around for Heero. She couldn't see him in the hotel entrance so she began to search around the immediate area. Gasping for breath and giving her body a little time to recover she continued to search frantically.

She scoured the alleys and buildings around the hotel. No sign of Heero. She stopped a couple of people to ask if they may have seen the Japanese man. Nothing. Just as she was beginning to despair of finding him a familiar figure turned the corner and came into view. With a sigh of relief Fayah took off to meet him.

Heero turned the corner and looked up in surprise as Fayah nearly collided with him. Grabbing the girl he pulled her up short. "Fayah? What is it?" The concern was evident in his voice.

Desperately trying to get her lungs to work Fayah managed to speak. "It's Shane... We found him...." She sobbed out. "He's in a building, other side, Duo sent me to get yer."

"Hn." Heero quickly assessed the girls situation. "Why didn't Duo use the communicator?"

"Broke... accident..." she huffed out. "The man... the one that took the kids..... he's got Shane."

Heero's body stiffened.

"Duo's trying ta rescue him..... needs help though." Fayah's breath slowed a little as she recovered slightly.

Heero's hand went swiftly to the gun concealed in his jeans. "Are you okay Fayah?"

She nodded.

"Okay. Let's get going then, take me to them." Heero's face was set in the grim mask of the former perfect soldier. Someone was messing with Shane and in his book that was a big no no.

Fayah forced her body to respond as she set off at a run back to where she had left Duo. She hoped and prayed that they would be in time, that Shane and Duo would be okay.

Heero ran beside her. He wanted to run faster but knew that Fayah was running purely on adrenaline. Her undernourished body had already gone through enough today and she was exhausted. He had to content himself to stay at the pace she was capable of sustaining.

Fayah continued to run, her love for Shane and not wanting to see him hurt was her sole motivation. She could collapse later, when this was all over. If it ever ended that is.

They reached the building and Fayah stopped. She indicated to Heero to be quiet.

Heero slid to a halt beside her. Quickly he did a re con of the immediate area.

"Down there is the window we looked through and saw Shane tied up."

Heero stared at the window and then ran a mental scan over the building. "Where's Duo?"

Fayah looked around. "I dunno. I left him by the window."

Heero growled "Baka!"

"Heero?"

"Sorry Fayah. If I know Duo he has already gone inside to get Shane out." Heero did a quick re think. "Fayah, I want you to stay out here and keep an eye out." He passed across his small communicator.

Fayah took the offered object and stared at it, then she stared back at Heero.

"Take this and if you see anyone other than Shane, Duo or myself come out I want you to call the Preventer network." Heero reached for the small device and flipped open the unit. "Just push this blue button here. It's the emergency code. It will automatically alert the Preventer network that we need assistance.

Fayah nodded. "Okay Heero."

"I'm going in to help Duo with Shane."

"Be careful Heero."

"Hn." Heero placed his hand against Fayah's cheek in a rare gesture of affection. "Shane will be okay."

Fayah gave Heero's hand a quick squeeze. "I know Heero."

Heero turned and slunk towards the building's door. There was more to this than Fayah had told him but he could read between the lines. He had to get in there and quick to back his partner up. He crept towards the door noticing it was slightly ajar. No doubt Duo had picked the lock. Melting into the shadows Heero entered and began his search for his lover and his son.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The main conference room was a buzz with chatter. They had broken for a tea break and were busily milling around chatting idly amongst themselves. Quatre stood to one side with Relena.

"I cannot see how thick some of these people are." said Relena.

"Stubborn and afraid of change is more like it." replied Quatre.

"They wouldn't know a gift horse if it came up and bit them on the ass."

"Relena!" choked Quatre.

Relena flashed an innocent smile. "But it's true Quatre. They cannot see that most of these proposals are for the benefit of the colonies. All they can see is earth's officials still ruling over them."

Quatre sighed. "I wish there was some way to let them know that the earth officials are only stationed to see that the work and trade is carried out correctly. That no one gets short changed or taken advantage of."

"Old habits I'm afraid Quatre."

"Stubborn old goats is more to the point."

Relena giggled. "Lets see if we can't persuade them with a joint attack."

Quatre stared through tired aqua eyes. "Okay then but I will warn you if that L2 senator keeps ranting on about justice anymore I am likely to fetch Wufei in here to give him a counter attack."

"Ohh you wouldn't" said Relena in mock horror.

"Just watch me." grinned Quatre. "No one can survive an attack by Mr. Justice himself and come out without some scarring."

Quatre's pager chose that moment to announce its presence. Quatre frowned as he plucked the object from the waistband of his trousers and read the small screen.

"What is it Quatre?" asked Relena.

Quatre shook his head. "I'm not sure. Do you have a vid phone I can use for a moment? I need to call Trowa."

"Sure. There is one in the small office to the side." Relena escorted Quatre to the door.

Quatre entered and made his way to the vid phone. Quickly he punched in the code that was on his pager.

"Barton here. Oh Quatre."

"Hi Trowa, what's wrong?" asked Quatre.

"I have taken Toby and Benny back to the suite. Paul is with them and so is Sally." Seeing the look of panic on Quatre's face he continued quickly. "They are all okay, no one is hurt so don't worry."

"Then what is wrong?" said Quatre, "It must be important for you to call me in the middle of the conference."

"Benny had a flash back. He remembered where he had seen the man Toby knocked down before."

Quatre's eyebrow quirked. "Go on."

"It wasn't a very pleasant memory. I won't go into to all the detail now but suffice to say that this man was the key figure in a rape and subsequent death of a child on L2. Benny witnessed the entire thing."

Quatre clutched at his chest. "Poor Benny. Are you sure he is all right? I can leave the conference now and be back in the room with him in five minutes."

"No no Quatre. There is no need. Sally is with him just to check him over as a precaution. I think he is better being left there with Paul and Toby. Besides you are needed more where you are." said Trowa. He had tossed up with the notion of informing Quatre or waiting until later. He thought it best to tell the blonde now. He knew Quatre would worry but if he didn't tell him then Quatre would be majorly peeved at him later, and a peeved Quatre was not something Trowa particularly wanted to deal with right now.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Wufei and I are going to do some searching on the computer and see what we can find on this guy. You just sit tight and enjoy the talks. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I have anything.

"Okay then. But please ...."

"Yes Quatre I will call you immediately if we need you."

"Thank you Trowa. And tell Benny I'm sorry."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too Trowa."

The call was terminated and Quatre now found himself with a new set of problems to deal with. He buried his head in his hands and groaned. Who said that raising kids was fun? he thought wryly. He stood and ran his fingers through his blonde locks. He steeled himself to go back into the lions den and shoved all other thoughts to the back of his mind. Once all this was over with he intended to take Trowa and the boys away for a long vacation.

He stepped back out into the room. Relena was keeping an eye out for him and as soon as she saw him she headed to his side.

"Everything okay Quatre?"

"Yeah. Nothing Trowa can't handle." He looked at the Queen. "It's nothing to do with security, just a small family problem that's all."

Relena looked a little relieved. "Well I'm glad it's nothing to do with the conference but I hope everything is okay with the boys." She looked sympathetically at Quatre. "If there is anything I can do to help just let me know."

"Thanks Relena. But this is something only the boys and we can work out." He gave her arm a reassuring squeeze. "But it is nice to know people care."

Relena smiled that gentle smile of hers. "I suppose we should call them all back to order then and finish this little debate." She cocked her head and winked at Quatre. "The sooner we can wrap this up the sooner you can get back to the family crisis."

"Yeah. After that little bit of an interlude I am just ripe for an all out argument with the senator." growled Quatre.

They proceeded to take their seats once more and the meeting continued.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Shane was pulled up into a half sitting half lying position on the bed. The man Duo had watched through the window had a gun pointing directly at his head. "Drop the weapon." came the cold command.

Duo quickly assessed his immediate situation. His own gun was trained on the man in front of him, but if he fired, no doubt he would hit his target, but the man would also have enough reaction time to pull the trigger and thus kill Shane.

Not an option.

If he put his gun down there was no way to know that the man wouldn't still shoot Shane and himself.

Better option.

He could put his gun down and stall for time and just hope that Fayah had managed to get to Heero and that back up was not far away.

Best option.

"Okay mate, no need to get trigger happy. I'm putting the gun down." Duo raised his left arm in surrender as he crouched to drop the gun to the floor.

"Kick it over here."

Duo complied.

The man picked up Duo's weapon and placed it in the waistband of his trousers. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out two sets of handcuffs. He threw them to Duo who caught them easily. "Put them on. One on each wrist."

Duo did as requested. "What is it yer want man? Why don't yer let the kid go, he's of no interest to you." Duo tried his best known attack. His voice.

"That's where you are wrong. Now cuff one wrist to the post."

Duo slid the metal around the steel of the bed post. He glanced at Shane who looked terrified and tried to give him a reassuring smile.

With the one wrist cuffed to the bed Taylor swiftly moved to grab the other wrist and also lock it to the bed.

"Okay so now you have me what is it yer intend ta do?" asked Duo still stalling for time and not sure he really wanted an answer.

"I want to know why you are asking questions about me."

"Dunno what yer talking about."

"Oh I think you do. I suggest that unless you want your pretty little fuck toy here to get hurt you better start giving me some answers." As if to stress his point Taylor moved back to Shane who was still bound and watching through scared brown eyes.

"Touch him and you *will* die." growled Duo.

Taylor laughed. "I don't think you are in any position to make threats." He reached his hand down to Shane's abused crotch and began to undo the zipper. Sliding his hand inside he began to fondle the boy, his eyes trained firmly on Duo.

Shane's cheeks burned with the humiliation, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. Vainly he tried to control his body but couldn't. His flesh betrayed him and began to swell under the ministrations.

Fury raced through Duo's body as he watched the scene before him. He pulled against the handcuffs. "Leave him alone." Duo's voice was cold.

Taylor smirked as Duo fought against the bonds. Good, he had the man just where he wanted him. He looked into Duo's eyes and a momentary tremble of fear passed through him as he saw the coldness and promise of something else lurking in those purple depths. "Then tell me why you were asking questions about me. Or would you rather I played with you?"

Taylor's hand left Shane's groin and Taylor sauntered over to Duo. He ran his hands up Duo's thighs and over his ass. He squeezed the globes. "You know its been a while since I had a good fuck." he purred.

Duo shifted to escape the mans grasp. "I suppose this is how you got ya cheap thrills from the other kids before yer handed them over to P to experiment with." he spat.

Taylor froze for a second then quickly recovered his composure. He slid his hand up the front of Duo's thigh to trace over his crotch. "They enjoyed it."

"Yer sick man."

Taylor laughed, an evil chuckle that made both Duo and Shane cringe. Duo thought that he was insane most of the time but hell this man gave a whole new meaning to the word: he was just plain fucking nuts!

"So that's what you have been up to?" Taylor's hand found the button and zipper to Duo's pants and he began to undo them.

Shane watched helpless as the guy yanked Duo's pants down over his hips. He felt terror wash over him, unable to do anything to help his guardian and guilty for knowing that if not for him Duo wouldn't be in this situation.

Feeling the cool air against his skin Duo shivered. "Why did yer do it? I mean those kids never did anythin ta you."

"We needed to test out our research." Hands wandered over creamy flesh.

Duo flinched away from the touch. Taylor balled his hand into a fist and applied a punch to Duo's kidneys. Duo groaned as the pain hit him.

"I suppose I can tell you why, seeing as how once I have fucked both you and your little toy raw I'm going to kill you anyway." Taylor's hands began to explore Duo's body once more.

Duo recoiled from the touch again only to have more blows land on his face and torso. Blood ran from his split lip and he felt a rib crack.

"Keep still!"

Duo obeyed. "Ohh Fayah I hope yer have found Heero and yer not too late in getting back here." he thought silently. It wasn't so much the fact that this sicko was going to rape him, but that he intended to also take Shane; and that to Duo was unforgivable. He tested the cuffs again. Without being able to get to his picks in his braid he only had one other option available to him for getting out of these cuffs. He would wait though before putting that ploy into practice; Wait and see if he could get this guy to talk some more.

"That's better." purred Taylor as he began to run his hands over Duo's groin.

It was all Duo could do to stop from pulling away again. He tried to keep the man talking. "What research?"

"All this talk of peace amongst the colonies and the earth, it's all an act." Hands snaked along Duo's rear.

Duo managed to control his urge to vomit. "What makes yer think that?"

"The earth has no intention of letting the colonies rule themselves. This time where the Oz and White Fang failed to deliver the Deliverance faction will come through and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it." Fingers began to trace along Duo's cleft.

"But a virus? How the hell is that going to help ya out? Yer intend to wipe out the entire earth population?" Duo chanced a glance at Shane who was still balled up on the bed. Brown frightened eyes stared back at him and he tried to send a reassuring smile to the teen, even if he was worried himself.

"No need to kill off the earth population." A finger plunged inside. "Those that are the so called peace makers are all in the one spot. Take them out and most of the problem is eliminated."

Duo froze. One by one the pieces all came together. Fury raged through his system as the full impact of Taylor's words hit home. He struggled violently against the cuffs and in the process managed to knock Taylor to the floor.

Taylor wasn't impressed. He picked himself up and with a dark glare proceeded to hit Duo with his fist and the butt of the gun. "Maybe I should just kill you now, You're more trouble than you're worth just for a fuck." His eyes traveled to Shane and a predatory glint came into his cold gray orbs. "No..... I have a better idea. I'll let you watch me fuck your little toy over here first, then I will kill you."

Shane couldn't stop the small cry of fear that escaped his throat and desperately he tried to move away but the wall was behind him and he had nowhere to go.

"I told you before...... Touch him and yer dead." Duo's tone was cold. The mask of Shinigami beginning to come through.

Taylor laughed then grabbing Shane he hauled him to the floor by Duo.

Balancing on his knees with his face and chest pushed to the ground there wasn't a whole lot Shane could do about the situation.

Taylor positioned Shane so that he was within Duo's line of vision but far enough out of reach of Duo's legs. He yanked Shane's jeans down and exposed the teen to his touch.

Shane gagged as he felt the man's hands on his flesh once more.

Taylor removed Duo's gun from his trousers and placed it on the small night stand. Then he proceeded to unzip his fly. He turned to Duo with an evil smirk, "Hope you enjoy watching this because once I'm finished with your slut you will be next. Taylor turned his attention back to Shane's ass.

Several things happened at once. To Shane it was as if time slowed to almost a standstill and he watched as the events unfolded in slow motion.

"Freeze!" Heero stood in the doorway, gun pointing directly at Taylor.

Taylor still had his own gun in his hand and was quick to point it at Shane. "Try to shoot me and I will kill the boy."

Duo was aware of Heero's presence, just as he was aware of Shane's situation. Quickly he flicked his wrists and dislocated them enabling him to pull them from the handcuffs. Flicking them back in again he let forth a roar of pure anger and hatred.

The raw animal sound that came from within Duo sent fear racing up Taylor's spine. Never had he heard such a cry before. It was one that reminded Taylor of a wild beast that was protecting it's young from danger and promised nothing but pain and a horrible death to the perpetrator. He turned slowly and eyes widened with shock.

Heero watched as his lover escaped his confinement and turned to face the tormentor. He knew that look, he had seen it before. He guessed that this guy was about see the true wrath of Shinigami and a pissed off Shinigami wasn't a very nice thing.

Shane cowered slightly as Duo's features twisted into something he had never seen before. Pure hatred and rage flashed in those eyes that were now just a dark purple flame.

Duo lunged at Taylor, "No one touches anything that belongs to me without their consent." he growled.

With Duo's lunge Taylor's finger closed on the trigger and the gun went off.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~