Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ United Hearts ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys. They belong to their respective copyright companies. I do however own Shane, Paul, Colin, Mickey, Benny, Toby and any other unfamiliar characters. I also own the plot if you can call it that.

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 5+S

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Angst, Yaoi, Shonen-ai, violence, language, references to rape, sap, blood, Death (not one of the boys), Lemon/Lime, medical stuff, and any other weird thing that comes out of my head.... be afraid...

Notes: This is the sequel to "Lost Souls." While it is not necessary to read "Lost Souls" first I do recommend it otherwise some of the occurrences may not make sense. The references to medical procedures, medical reports, autopsies etc. are entirely based on my own pathetic knowledge of such and so I apologise in advance for any incorrectness contained there in. :)

" United Hearts "

Aug. 2002 ShenLong

Chapter 2

"Mornin Wuffles."

"It's WUFEI!"

"Yeah whatever... don't get your knickers in a twist." Duo grinned as he bounced into the office they shared.

Heero was right behind and gave the Chinese man a nod in greeting. He moved across to his desk and booted up the computer. While he waited for the program to load he fished through the new paperwork he found in his in tray. Sorting through he rearranged it into order of priority.

Duo watched as his partner prepared for the day ahead, half of his mind was still on the e mail Shane had received. He rummaged through the stack of files on his desk then turned on his computer.

Wufei had located the department he needed on L2 and was busy searching through the files for information on the death of Paul's father. He scanned through the list of recent admittance's to the hospital and morgue. Having no name to work with made the task a lot harder than need be but Wufei was always up to a challenge. He had narrowed his search to the hospitals, morgues and police stations in the surrounding area where Maxwell had been found and intended to branch out from there if necessary. He was scanning down the list from the fourth hospital when he hit paydirt.

Male. Caucasian. 38yrs old. Found dead. Admitted via coroner for full autopsy.

Wufei glanced over the rest of the information before moving into the autopsy report.

Subject: Thomas Felding.

Age: 38

Sex: Male

Autopsy Report: Body presented with unknown cause of death. Investigation of body tissue, organ samples and blood indicates that individual died from an overdose. Large toxic quantities of Heroin were found in the blood stream and smaller amounts found in the organs and tissues. The quantity being enough to cause heart failure.

The report went on with a few other details, none of which were of any use to Wufei. He checked the police records to find that they had filled out the forms with overdose as the cause of death and upon further investigation there appeared to be no sign of foul play. The funeral was scheduled for the following day as Paul had said. With no one coming forward to claim the body the L2 government had put it's usual policy into motion and that meant automatic cremation. With there not being any properties involved the rented home was again vacant and all traces of Paul's father possessions removed. They would be put into storage for a while and if unclaimed sold off and the proceeds deposited into the government's coffers.

Wufei leaned back and stretched. Everything was within the usual perimeters and all protocols had been followed so he was satisfied with the result. Now he could settle into his days routine.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Shane sat down on the bench next to Paul and pulled his lunch from his bag. "How's it goin Paul?"

"Okay I guess."

"What's up?" Shane could always tell when something was wrong. He hadn't spent time with his 'family' as he called them and not known when they had a problem.

Paul sighed. "I got an e mail yesterday."

Shane cocked his head and immediately thought of Andy.

"It was about me father."

"Oh." Shane felt a tremor of dread pass up his spine and he shivered.

"He's....." Tears began to cloud his eyes as he tried to voice the word but he couldn't say it.

Shane put his arm around Paul and rubbed his shoulder. "He's dead isn't he?"

Paul nodded as he felt the tears begin to track down his cheeks again.

"It's okay Paul. I know ya hated im but he was yer dad afta all."

Paul sat for a while in silence, letting the tears run. He took the offered handkerchief and scrubbed at his face. He was grateful that Shane was with him and had declined to speak, opting to allow him the moment to grieve in silence with the comfort of another.

"So I guess ya finally free then Paul." Shane said with a gentle smile on his lips.

Paul huffed out a small breath. "Yeah, free from that bastard." Despite his sorrow his heart lifted at that thought. It had always been tucked away in the back of his mind that one day his father would track him down and force him to return. Even though Wufei and Sally had gone through all the right channels and were legally his guardians the fear of having to return to that life still haunted him.

"So when's the funeral?"

"Tomorro"

"Yer gonna go?"

"No."

Shane thought for a moment. "They crematin him?" He knew how the colonies systems worked for the poor and homeless.

"Yeah."

"Jus be glad it ain't my dad then."

Paul looked up, a puzzled expression on his handsome face. "Whadd'ya mean by that?"

"Think bout it, My dads an alcoholic, when they cremate im it's gonna take em a week to put out the fire."

Paul burst into laughter at the joke. He felt much better for it too. He gave Shane's hand a squeeze. "Thanks mate. I needed that."

The bell sounded to indicate that lunch break was over and so the two boys picked up their respective bags and headed back to class, Paul still shaking his head in amusement at Shane's attempt at humor.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A small boy lay curled up on the mattress trembling as his body systems began to succumb, hugging himself and moaning softly to block out the pain. Every muscle, every tendon and ligament screamed in protest at the small movements and yet the nervous system was unable to halt its signals.

Through a one way mirror a pair of grey eyes as cold as ice glittered in satisfaction as they watched the dance of death playing out before them. He reached for a clip board and made a few notes then turned back to watch some more.

The toxins in the blood stream were building to dangerous levels, the kidneys having given up their task a while ago. Desperately the brain called upon its minute reserves in an attempt to halt the slow march, but the battle was already lost. Blackness came and with a small sigh the little boy welcomed it.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Returning to the office from lunch Duo paused at Wufei's desk. "So what you working on Wuffers?"

"How many times do I have to remind you the name is WUFEI!" roared the Chinese Preventer.

Duo cocked his head jauntily before replying, "Well it should be Wuffers cause ya bark just like a dog." he snickered.

Heero dived beneath his desk and shoved his fist into his mouth in an attempt to silence the laughter that threatened to explode. The look on Wufei's face was priceless.

Stunned, Wufei sat staring at Duo with his mouth opening and closing in disbelief. Finally his voice returned. "Trust me Maxwell, my bite is much worse."

Unfazed Duo cocked an eyebrow, "Really... I never would have known." He leaned forward and lowered his voice to a sultry tone, "Any time you want to show me that bite let me know.... I like a man with dominance."

Wufei went beet red.

Heero began to choke.

Duo laughed and tossing his braid over his shoulder sauntered back to his desk putting an exaggerated wiggle to his hips as he did so.

Wufei opted to smack his head on the desk. "I think you better check Yuy. He seems to be choking."

Duo looked behind Heero's desk to find his koi indeed choking.... Choking with laughter. "You okay there Heero?" he snickered.

Trying to draw air into his lungs Heero managed to halt his hysterics long enough to nod to his partner.

"Good. For a moment there I thought I was gonna hafta give ya mouth to mouth."

With these words Heero collapsed again into fits of laughter. Holding his sides he looked up into violet, sparkling with mischief. "Hn, Maybe you had better just to be safe." he whispered.

Not needing to be asked twice Duo reached forward and cupped Heero's face in his hands. He placed his lips over the Japanese man's and proceeded to kiss him thoroughly.

A cough from the doorway broke the pair and Wufei looked up from his head banging.

"I presume there is a logical explanation for this?" said Lady Une.

Duo grinned. "As a matter of fact there is..."

Lady Une cut him off. "Save it, I don't think I really want to know."

"Your loss." said Duo and with a quick brush of his lips against Heero's he bounced back to his desk.

Lady Une stared at the Chinese man. "Wufei.... What are you doing?"

Wufei looked up from his position and decided now would be a good time to cease his torture of the desk top.

"He's tryin to knock some sense into himself?" Duo offered with an angelic look on his face.

Lady Une gave Duo a look that clearly said "Do you think I was born yesterday?" before moving into the office.

"What brings you to our office Lady Une?" asked Heero who had decided it was time to get back to the serious business of work.

"I came to check up on how the arrangements were going for the security at the coming peace and trade convention." she said.

"Everything is going smoothly. The normal security cameras are being installed and the guard rosters worked out."

"Infra red cameras and scanners?"

"Currently being tested."

"Good. I don't need to tell you how important this is."

"Hn. We know. Everything will be secure."

"Thank you Heero. Please have an up to date report for me on the system so far by tomorrow." Lady Une made her way over to Wufei and leant over his desk.

Wufei looked up at the woman.

"Wufei, I have something I need you to check on for me. It may be nothing but I would appreciate you following it up and just making sure."

Wufei grunted. "What is it?"

Lady Une handed him a sheaf of papers. "It seems we have had a couple of bodies turn up on L2. " Anticipating his reply she waved her hand at him. "I know there is nothing unusual about finding homeless persons dead in alleyways, it happens a lot on L2, but in this case there seems to be something different."

"Different?"

"Read the papers Wufei. All the information is in there. Please follow it through and let me know what you come up with." With that Lady Une turned and left the office.

Heero went back to his computer and began on his report for Une. Duo and he had been assigned the job of setting up the security and surveillance system for the coming convention. Being the best there was Heero had been put in charge with Duo as his back up. Duo, no stranger to security himself, was a welcome asset in this case and Heero appreciated his assistance. After all Duo was an expert when it came to infiltration and would be able to help Heero track down areas in the system that a possible terrorist could gain access.

The Convention was to incorporate all the heads of the colonies along with the earth representatives to discuss trade sanctions and the on going peace between the colonies and the earth, and it was vital to both that they go smoothly.

Duo's ears had picked up on what Une had been discussing with Wufei. The thought of Shane's missing friends crossed his mind and he wondered just what it was that Wufei had got in those papers. He made it his priority to find out.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Quatre looked up as Trowa entered his office. He smiled at his lover and leaned back in his seat.

Trowa sat in the large plush chair on the other side of the desk. He placed a folder upon the blotter. "That's the information you requested." he said in his soft voice.

"Thanks." said Quatre as he reached for the folder. He thumbed through the contents, briefly scanning each page. "I will study it properly a bit later."

Trowa smiled.

"Time for some lunch I think." and Quatre rose gracefully from his chair and made his way around the large desk to where Trowa sat. "Care to join me?"

Trowa reached for his 'boss' and pulled him onto his lap. "Love to." he whispered huskily.

Quatre squirmed lightly before stealing a gentle kiss. "Come on then... my treat."

Trowa allowed a small moan to leave him. "You're a tease." he murmured against silky lips.

Quatre laughed and extracted himself from those strong arms, albeit reluctantly. "Play time later." he admonished and taking Trowa's hand in his he led the tall man to the door. Moments later they were in the car and heading to one of Quatre's favorite restaurants.

While they waited for their meal to arrive they engaged in idle conversation but soon Trowa steered it in the direction he wanted. "This convention." he began slowly.

Quatre sighed. He knew where this was heading and he really didn't want to discuss it. "Yes."

"I don't see why I cant attend it with you."

"There really is no need Trowa. Lucy will be there to keep notes and it will all just be so boring for you."

"But what if something happens?"

"Nothing is going to happen. Its just a lot of people discussing the trade options and bargaining for the best deals. I'm only going to oversee that the paperwork for the contracts we have successfully tendered for are all filled out properly and signed and sort out any questions and problems that may have arisen. Trust me Trowa, you don't want to go. You would only be bored out of your mind." Quatre lowered his eyes. He would love nothing more than to have Trowa with him but with the meetings that were scheduled and the work he was going to have to do there wouldn't be any time left for his koi and Quatre didn't want Trowa being neglected.

Trowa looked thoughtful. "I can see your logic but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I still don't like the thought of you being there on your own."

Quatre took Trowa's hand and stroked it softly. "I can take care of myself Trowa. I used to be a Gundam pilot too in case you had forgotten."

Trowa smiled. "I know. I guess.... I just want to protect and love you."

"That's so sweet and I do appreciate your concern for my well being but Heero and Duo are in charge of the security so can you honestly say that they are going to let anything happen? Besides if we both go who is going to keep an eye on the terrible twosome?" Quatre raised an eyebrow.

Trowa chuckled, Benny and Toby had certainly earned the nickname. Trouble with a capital T followed them everywhere. No matter how hard they tried they just couldn't seem to stay out of it. "I concede. I suppose one of us had better stay behind to make sure that they don't destroy the place."

"It's only going to be for a couple of days..... four at the most." said Quatre softly.

"I think I can survive that long." replied Trowa. "But I will miss you."

"The only thing you're going to miss is my ass." teased Quatre.

"Hmm that too." breathed Trowa.

Quatre moaned, "Cut it out Trowa before I am tempted to ravish you here and now."

"I didn't know you were into exhibitionism." Trowa continued to keep his voice low and husky.

Fortunately for Quatre the waiter chose that moment to bring their meal.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Duo kept one eye on Wufei as the Chinese Preventer worked away with the folder and computer. He was itching to know what it was that was going on.

Aware that Maxwell's eyes were upon him Wufei knew it was only a matter of time before the braided baka would be annoying him to find out what he was doing. Reading through the information yet again Wufei frowned.

Duo saw the frown and decided that this was the opening he had been looking for. "What is it Wufei?" he asked keeping his voice as innocent as possible.

Wufei looked up. "I'm not sure." his brow creased again.

"Want some help?" Duo offered trying not to sound too eager.

Knowing it was driving the American to distraction not being privy to the information he was working on he relented. With Maxwell coming from L2 he may be able to provide the key to what Wufei was trying to work out. "I'm not sure if you can Maxwell."

Heero looked up from his task of planning out the location of the cameras for best possible coverage to listen to what Wufei had to say. He was also a little curios to know what it was Wufei was doing that had Duo so obviously intrigued.

"Try me Wuffy." grinned Duo, "I have many hidden talents." he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Wufei groaned inwardly and chose to ignore the comment as well as the blatant misuse of his name. "It seems that there have been a few bodies turning up on L2."

"Hn, that's nothing unusual." offered Heero. "There are always deaths on the colonies but more so on L2 given the number of homeless there."

"Heero's right Wuffles. Its winter up there now and that tends to increase the number of deaths. Trust me..... I know." Duo's voice lowered as he spoke. "When the harshness of the L2 winter hits and you don't have anywhere warm an dry to hang out ya chances of surviving are cut by half. Add to that the fact that when yer livin off the streets not only is accommodation a problem but feedin ya'self is too. I have suffered through many of those winters an wondered at the end of it how I managed to scrape through." His eyes misted with tears as he remembered those days from not so long ago.

Wufei and Heero watched silently as Duo drifted into his memories.

"I've lost count of the number of friends I had that gave into the winter. If it weren't the cold that got 'em it was the hunger. Sometimes it was the disease. When yer half starved it don't take much for them germs to get a hold of you." He shook his head as the visions of many lost friends passed before his eyes. "Too many die in the winters there an the authorities would come an check the alley's an back streets, collecting the dead an loading them in the big trucks to take em to the morgue before they could start stinkin up the place. But that wasn't the worst of it. It was the way they did it an how they spoke about it, as if they was doin the colony a favor by getting rid of the street scum."

Heero's eyes clouded as he learned a little more of the harsh life that his love had been forced to endure.

Wufei found himself admiring the former DeathScythe pilot. Duo had suffered more than he had imagined and had survived. Wufei looked at the long haired man with new respect. "I know there are a lot of deaths amongst the street dwellers Maxwell but this report is different. It seems that they are finding more than they should."

Duo shook his head and returned his mind to the present, leaving the past where it belonged... in the past. "How'd ya mean Wufei?"

"Well according to the information here they have picked up a few more kids than normal.... but that's not all."

"Huh? Please explain."

"It seems that when they do the required autopsies most of the bodies appear to have died from exposure or starvation."

"Yeah well that sounds about right."

"However..... There have been a few brought in that don't fit that criteria."

"So what ya sayin is that some have died from somethin other than the cold or lack of food?"

"Yes."

"Hn. What did they die from?" said Heero his interest piqued.

"That's just it, they don't know. From the results of the tests they have done all they can find is that the body's organs ceased to function but no clue as to why."

Duo looked at Heero and Heero could see the question in Duo's eyes, he nodded in affirmation.

"Are there any names to these suspicious deaths?" asked Duo.

Wufei read through the reports again. "Hmmm.... no, most of them are described by their physical being but no names."

"That figures. No one really knows who you are when you're a street rat." said Duo.

"Can you give me a copy of the reports Wufei?" Heero asked.

"Yes."

"Arigato."

Duo rubbed his temples with his fingers, he didn't like the sound of this at all. The nagging feeling he had when Shane told him of his e mail pushed forward again. He was jolted from his thoughts by a warm hand on his back. He looked up into cobalt.

"I'm sure there is no connection Duo but to be safe we will study these reports together tonight and talk to Shane as well."

"Thanks Heero. I know that I'm probably worryin over nothin but ya know me...."

Heero pressed his lips against Duo's in an attempt to reassure his love that all would be well. "Lets get back to this security shall we?"

Duo nodded in agreement feeling better for the kiss. His world began to settle back to its normal pace and he set to work once more on the issue of the security for the convention.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

He looked the stranger up and down a few times, well dressed and he smelled clean. He decided to take a chance. "Where did ya wanna go mister?"

The elegantly dressed man reached out for the prostitutes hand, "There is a hotel just around the corner." he said and led the young boy in the direction of a seedy looking establishment. Approaching the counter he kept his eyes hidden behind dark glasses and pulled the collar of his jacket higher. He lowered the tone of his voice as he paid for a room. With key in hand he took the whore into the room and pushed him to the bed.

Pale green eyes stared at the man above him and he licked his lips. "So whadda ya want... hand job, blow job or would ya rather fuck me?"

The man removed his jacket and hung it on the back of the only chair to occupy the room. Turning around he eased down the zipper of his pants and reached inside to fondle himself. "Strip."

The order was given with a cold authority and the boy obeyed. Pulling his jumper with its holes over his head he tossed it to the floor. Thin t shirt soon followed along with the threadbare jeans. He was scrawny from lack of food, muscles wasted slightly and bones visible in most areas but his cock stood proudly to attention.

The man licked his lips. Just perfect. He might as well relieve some of his sexual tension before taking this one back to his abode. He removed his dark glasses and let his grey eyes rove over the naked form before him. "On your hands and knees." he stated.

The boy climbed back onto the bed and arranged himself in the position he had been told to. He felt the man come up behind him and rub his cock against the cleft of his ass. He moaned softly feeling his own cock twitch in response to the stimulus.

Taking firm hold of the boys hips the man positioned himself at that small entrance and pushed forward. The small body writhed beneath him as he penetrated the warm channel. The friction was increased ten fold as there was no lube or prep.

The boy bit down on his lip in attempt to stop himself from screaming out in pain. He hadn't had a chance to prepare himself or even see the size of the guy's cock and it hurt. He felt as if he were being split in two... the guy must be huge!

Continuing to push forwards until he was completely seated in that silken passage, the man ignored the small whimpers and pleas coming from the whore beneath him. The friction against his shaft was maddening. He loved to fuck them this way, made it so much better for him, and who were they going to complain to? After all they were only whores and there to satisfy his hunger no matter what way he wanted it. He began to withdraw only to plunge back in harder.

The boy forced himself to relax, if he didn't he knew he would bleed. He was surprise that he hadn't already. Feeling the man's hands gripping his hips tight as he pounded into his body he tried to angle himself so he could get some form of pleasure from this rough coupling.

Knowing what the boy was trying to do he began to pound harder. The bed shook with the violence of his thrusts as he brushed against the spot the boy had been twisting for him to find. Feeling his release about to hit him he reached underneath and clasped his roughened hand around the boy's tender cock. Pulling and tugging at the sensitive organ he growled "Come!"

Hearing the order the boy shuddered as he felt his seed pulse from his body to spray on the bed below.

As that passage clamped down on him so he gave one more thrust and a guttural howl escaped his lips as he emptied his seed deep inside. Holding himself on trembling knees he rode the last waves of his orgasm. Sated, he pulled from the channel and wiped himself off with his handkerchief. The boy collapsed onto the bed too tired and sore to move for the moment.

Tucking his cock back in his pants and zipping himself up the man reached into a pocket and pulled out a small plastic bag that contained a cloth. He removed the cloth and before the boy on the bed had a chance to say or do anything he placed it over the boys mouth and nose.

The boy tried to fight off the hand that was clasped over his face as a funny smell invaded his nostrils. He began to feel light headed and his vision blurred as his arms and legs took on a leaden weight. With one last inhalation the room faded around him as unconsciousness claimed his mind.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~