Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Games (Part Three of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them! Just the kids!

War Games, Part 4

This time it was Sunday dinner at the Maxwells house. The Winner, Yuy, Merquise, Chang, and Barton children were not at all happy with going to the house of their now enemy.

The Maxwell children were helping their mother with dinner. Hilde had decided that she wanted to eat outside on the deck and put blankets on the lawn for the kids to sit at.

"You know that the others are going to want to kill our children," Duo said as he followed his wife around the kitchen.

"I am well aware of that," Hilde replied as she checked the corn on the cob that was boiling in a pot. "And they learned all those tricks from you," she said as she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

He grinned. "What can I say, my kids are pretty damn good at those tricks too," he said as he chuckled. "You should have seen what they did to the others in retaliation for looking like desserts last week," he said as he leaned against the counter.

"I know that they certainly didn't inherit any of those traits from me," she said as she turned off the corn. She looked over her shoulder at him. "They had to inherit your traits."

"Like that's a bad thing," Duo said as he pushed himself away from the counter. He wrapped his arms about her waist. "But you still love me," he said as he kissed her ear.

Hilde sighed, but she still smiled. "Yeah, and the others still wonder why," she teased as she looked at him over her shoulder.

"Hey," he replied indignantly. He looked into her laughing eyes and smiling lips. A slow grin came to his face. "I'll show you why," he said as he kissed her full on the mouth.

Chris and Randy came in from outside and got a good look at their parents. He sighed. "You would think that they would have found a room by now," he said as he turned to look at his sister.

"They've been married long enough," Randy said as she rolled her eyes. "Mom, everything is set up outside. Jonathon and David are lighting the candles still," she said as she tapped her foot.

Hilde flushed as she broke the kiss. She looked over at her children. "Good, now I need you two to take out the potato salad and the fruit salad," she said as she wriggled out of Duo's arms. "And you can check the chicken on the grill," she said as she gave Duo a push towards the deck.

"All right," Duo said as he gave her a swat on the backside before going out on the deck.

Chris chuckled at his mother's expression as he got the potato salad out of the fridge. It would be enough to feed an army.

Hilde glanced over at her son. He looked so much like Duo. "You know that the others are going to be upset with what you've done," she said as she started putting the corn on the cob in a large bowl.

"I know that, mom," Chris said as he turned to look at her. "But they started it with making us look like dessert toppings."

"Didn't mean you could sabotage every one of them," she admonished. "I swear, you're as bad as your father. I know you didn't get this from me," she said as she pointed a spoon at him.

He grinned at his petite mother. "No, we just got your brains," he said as he pressed a kiss on her cheek before going back outside.

"And I got your looks," said Randy as she took out the fruit salad. "No wonder dad taught me some of his tricks," she smirked.

Hilde looked over at her daughter. Duo did get paranoid about her. More now since she was sixteen. She had her thick midnight hair, the flawless ivory skin, and the generous curves that had only become apparent this year. But she had Duo's brilliant eyes and some of his height. Randy stood at five foot eight and a half. But what was the killer was she exuded the Maxwell charm, thrown in with good old-fashioned sexuality. And with her looks, it definitely made Duo worry. "Your father is just paranoid about stuff like that," she said as she walked out of the house with Randy.

"He just wants to keep the sons of the others away from me, especially Miles," Randy said as she set the fruit salad down on the table.

"With good reason," said David as he came back up to the deck. "He chases around anything in a skirt. Including you."

"Are we talking about Miles's current interest in Randy," said Jonathon as he sat down in a deck chair. "He knows better then to chase after her."

Duo turned around to watch the conversation. "Everyone of those boys knows better not to go after your sister," he said as he looked over at his daughter.

"And speaking of those boys," said Randy as she leaned over the railing. "I think I see the Yuys and the Merquises coming through the back gate," she said with a smile.

"This is going to be an interesting Sunday dinner," Hilde mumbled as she rolled her eyes heavenwards.

*********************************************************** ***************************

Victoria walked up the steps to the deck. She saw Chris lounging on a chair. She felt like strangling him with that damn braid of his. She balled her hands up into fists and walked over to him. "I hope you're satisfied Maxwell," she hissed as she leaned over him.

Chris grinned up at her as she leaned over him. "I am. How did you like getting out all that molasses out of your hair?" he smirked.

"Go to hell," she spat at him. She slapped him across the face. "And if you ever do something like that again, I swear I'll kill you," she growled.

"Is that a promise?" he asked as rubbed his cheek where she slapped him. He stared into her eyes.

"I hate you," Victoria snapped at him. He wasn't at all perturbed by the slap. He seemed to be inviting another one with the way he was gazing boldly into her eyes. She latched her hands around his neck. "You want me to kill you, Maxwell, it suits me just fine."

Chris rolled his eyes and pried her hands from around his throat. He stood up and looked down at her. "You're going to have to do better then that, ice princess," he whispered against her ear and gave her backside a hard resounding swat before walking away.

Her eyes went wide. "Bastard," she yelled at him over her shoulder.

"You know, that only encourages him," Randy said as she walked past Victoria.

Victoria whirled on Randy. "And what would you know?" she gritted out.

"That the more you hate what he does to you, the more he's going to do it," Randy replied as she smoothed her hand over her hair. "But you're a smart girl, you would already know that. What I think is that you like what he does to you because you know he's the only guy not afraid to piss you off. And because your hot for him like Miles said you were," she said, grinning wickedly.

"Like hell I am," Victoria retorted sharply. "All you Maxwells are devils, who were born to make the rest of us miserable."

"We weren't born to make you guys miserable, although it is fun to drive you guys crazy. We were born because our dad couldn't keep his hands off of our mother," Randy said truthfully as she walked away.

Victoria glared after the youngest Maxwell, the only girl born into a family of hell raisers. She turned on her heel and went down to the lawn where she would be sitting with the others.

**************************************************************** **************

Dinner for the most part, went well. Many of the kids glared at the Maxwells throughout dinner. Some of them had tell tale signs that they had been had by the Maxwells. Quatrina's hair was still black for the time being and Mira's hair carried a greenish tint to it. Dominic and his cousins were tinted with the dye that had been dropped on their heads. And the Changs clothes smelled strongly like chlorine.

"I think we should retaliate," Victoria said as she took a sip of her iced tea.

"Retaliate! Are you crazy or something, did the grapefruits on your head knock something loose," Veronica hissed at her older sister.

"Can you imagine what they would do to us if we did," Quatrina snapped. "I have black hair for the entire week!" she exclaimed as she pulled her hair over her shoulder.

"They can't do anything worse," Victoria said as she put her glass down. "They probably used every trick in their arsenal for sabotaging us," she said thoughtfully as she tapped her nail against her lips.

"They can do worse! Their Maxwells for crying out loud!" Merin stated angrily.

"They have their mother's brains, don't forget that," Dominic pointed out. "They can very well have more up their sleeve if we do something back to them."

"Well I am not going to lose this war to a Maxwell. I would rather kiss a snake first," Victoria said as she glanced over at the Maxwells, who were getting dessert.

"Justice needs to be served," said Jet as he nodded his head towards Victoria.

"Lord, you sound like dad," said Leigh under her breath.

"All right, what would we do?" asked Damien in resignation. "I just rather not wake up looking like a hooker again."

"Got that right," Vaughn muttered as he crossed his arms.

That brought a round of laughter among the group. Vaughn and Damien just scowled.

Victoria's smiled evilly. "All right, this is what we're going to do," she said as she started to outline their plan of attack.

**************************************************************** **************

"Do you think that's wise, letting them all huddle over there like that?" Jonathon asked as he looked over his shoulder.

"Probably not," Randy replied as she eyed the group as well.

"They could accomplish a lot with Victoria as the master mind," David pointed out. "And she is usually out for blood. Namely yours," he said as he pointed at Chris.

He shrugged. "Not to worry. They can't do anything to us, short of being illegal. I say let them come at us with all they got. I want to win this war," Chris said with determination.

"Here we go," mumbled Randy. "Round three is sure to be interesting," she sighed.

"Bet on it. Just bet on it," said Chris as his eyes fell on Victoria.

What do you think the others are going to do to the Maxwells in retaliation for the sabotaging?