Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Games (Part Three of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them!

War Games, Part 5

"This is nuts!" Veronica hissed at her older sister as they hog-tied Chris.

"What is?" Victoria replied as she opened the window.

"Chloroforming them!" Veronica hissed back.

"Well we can't have them awake for this now, can we?" Victoria answered sweetly as she grabbed the rope that was flung over a heavy tree branch. She tied it tightly to the one around Chris's ankles.

"I swear, your sister is crazy," Damien muttered as he and Carin slowly and carefully slid Chris out the window.

Veronica nodded at that statement as she climbed out the window after her sister.

"Hey, are you guys ready?" she called softly to Dominic, Thad, and Zach, who were holding the other end of the rope.

"Yeah," they all called back.

"Well then start pulling boys," Victoria replied as they slowly lowered Chris's inert form to the ground.

The three boys gradually let the rope slide through their hands as Chris finally touched the ground.

"He's down," Dominic called back to his sister.

"Good," said Victoria as she and the others climbed out of the tree. "Now get going to Jonathon's room. I'm sure that Vaughn, Donavon, and Leigh are finished with him," she said as she dropped to the ground without a sound.

***************************************************************** *************

Around on the side of the house, where Jonathon's room was, Leigh had just finished hog-tying her sometimes boyfriend. She went over to the window and watched as the rope was flung over the tree branch. "All right you guys, they're here. Get this boy over to the window," she whispered to Donavon and Vaughn.

"One, two, three," Vaughn said lightly as he and his cousin picked up the taller boy.

Leigh tied the rope tightly around his ankles. She yelled softly out the window. "This one is good to go."

"This is nuts," Donavon said as they slowly pushed Jonathon's form out the window.

"This was a Yuys idea, so of course its nuts," Vaughn muttered as he climbed out of the window after Jonathon was now hanging upside down, swaying silently in mid-air.

Leigh and Donavon climbed out of the window behind him and slid down the smooth bark of the trunk, testimony to the fact that the Maxwells snuck out of the house often enough to make it look that way.

"David and Randy are still left," said Leigh as she hit the ground.

"Everything is going according to plan," said Victoria as she rubbed her hands together.

************************************************************** ****************

David was being taken care of Jet, Merin, and Isabella.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Isabella hissed at Merin.

"Believe it. Victoria was gifted with the true Yuy mind," Merin replied back as she tightened the knots on David's ankles.

"They're all crazy if you ask me," Jet muttered as he opened the window. He looked down below him. "Hey, we're ready with Maxwell number three."

Zach tossed up the rope over the branch. Isabella went over to the window and grabbed a hold of it. She looped it tight around David's ankles. "He's good to go," she whispered to Merin and Jet, who slowly and carefully pushed him out the window.

Zach, Thad, Dominic, and now Damien lowered him slowly to the ground.

"This had better work," Merin muttered as she climbed out of the window after her brother and Isabella.

************************************************************** ****************

Inside of Randy's room, Miles, Quatrina, and Mira were tying the rope tightly about her wrists and ankles.

"You know she is pretty cute for a Maxwell," Miles said as he looked at Randy's face in the moonlight.

"Stop getting ideas, Miles. If Duo knew you had your eyes on his daughter, he would kill you. According to my dad, he wasn't called the God of Death for nothing," Quatrina hissed at her cousin.

"She's too young for you besides. You're the same age as Jonathon," Mira pointed out.

"So I can look can't I?" Miles said with a grin, his green eyes gleaming with amusement at his two cousins.

"Not if her father kills you first," Quatrina replied exasperatedly.

"We should get going," said Mira as she opened the window. "Hey, we're ready," she called out to the others below.

"Forget the rope," Miles said as he put Randy's limp form over his shoulder.

"You're going to carry her out!" Quatrina yelped softly.

"She's certainly light enough," Miles, said with a shrug.

"If you drop her, your ass is going to her father's and yours," Mira hissed at him.

"Then it's my ass, isn't it," Miles said as he climbed out onto the branch and walked casually to the trunk with Randy on his shoulder.

"I swear, when he does that, he looks like his father," muttered Quatrina as she and Mira followed him out.

Miles hopped to the ground effortlessly. "All done," he said.

"Show off," Victoria muttered as she and the others followed them to Dominic's truck.

***************************************************************** *************

"Hurry up move your asses here," Kellie ordered as she sat behind the steering wheel.

"Come on, into the bed of the trunk they go," said Victoria as she got in next to her cousin.

Veronica slid in next to her sister. Dominic, Zach, and Thad got in the bed of the truck with the four out cold Maxwells.

Miles, Isabella, Carin, and Donavon piled into Quatrina's SUV, along with Damien, Mira, and Vaughn.

The Changs piled into Leigh's Jeep and followed Dominic's truck to the Sanc Kingdom Nature Preserve.

************************************************************** ****************

Victoria laughed. And it wasn't a nice one either. It was almost reminiscent of her father's when he blew things up. Or that was what Duo had told her. She poured honey all over Chris. "Since you like this stuff so much, I think its only fitting you get another basting in it, devil," she said.

"Boy, she really gets into this whole revenge thing, doesn't she?" Vaughn asked as he and his brother then emptied a bag of feathers onto Chris.

"Like I've been saying, Yuys are sadistic, especially Victoria," said Damien as he rolled his eyes.

"Tie him up to that branch there, boys," Victoria said as she rubbed her hands together. She watched with glee as Zach and Thad tied Chris to the branch, hanging upside down. She walked over to where her brother and sister were pouring honey onto Jonathon and then dumping feathers on him too. "Make sure that they all get it," she called. She propped her hands on her slim hips.

"What, does she think she's a general now," muttered Donavon as he coated David with honey.

"Beats the hell out of me," replied Jet as he dumped feathers onto David.

"It's such a pity to do this to her," Miles mused as he leaned over Randy.

"Get your hormones in control, Barton," Victoria said as she walked over to him.

"Here we go," muttered Carin as she opened the jar of honey that was going to be used on Randy.

"Oh like you should talk, Yuy," Miles said pointedly. "You're getting off on just sabotaging Chris."

Victoria's face flushed with color. "Like hell I am," she snapped.

"Well at least I'm the one admitting that I have an attraction to Randy," Miles shot back.

"One that could possibly kill you," stated Isabella as she began to pour honey on Randy.

"Not if she kills him first," Carin mumbled under her breath as she glanced at a fuming Victoria.

Victoria sputtered indignantly at Miles. "Screw you," she hissed at him.

"Before or after Chris," Miles said wickedly.

That remark made everyone stop what he or she was doing.

"Oh shit," Carin said as she waited for Victoria to kill her brother.

Victoria's face got redder and redder before she slapped the six foot three Miles and stamped off towards the parked cars. "Asshole," she yelled at him over her shoulder.

"Never said otherwise," Miles said as he rubbed his cheek. He looked over at his two sisters and then at Randy. "Oh well," he sighed as he tied the rope around her ankles and then hung her upside down on the tree next to her brothers.

"They do look kind of funny," commented Thad as he stood back and observed the four of them.

"We better hope that they won't retaliate after this one," muttered Kellie as she took a photograph.

"Let's go, its three in the morning, I say its time we head home," said Dominic. "Besides, we have a thirteen and fourteen year old, who need their beds."

"Speak for yourself," Isabella said as she propped her hands on her hips. Her blue-gray eyes filled with some amusement.

"Yeah, time for your bedtime," teased Miles as he picked up his baby sister.

"Put me down, baka," shrieked Isabella as she pounded on her brother's back on the way back to the cars.

"Well, I'm glad that this is over. I'm tired," Mira yawned.

"Come on," said Damien said as he put his arm around his sister and led her back to the SUV.

Victoria was the last one to leave. She stood staring at the four Maxwells, honeyed and feathered. She was still fuming over what Miles had said to her because for some strange reason, getting into bed with Chris didn't seem that bad. She pushed that thought aside. She smiled nastily. "Nighty, night, Chris," she said as she waggled her fingers at him and left.

****************************************************************** ************

Chris felt something licking his face. A smile crossed his sleeping face. "If that was Victoria, I would definitely want to wake up to that every morning." His eyes popped open and found himself face to face with a deer. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" His yell woke up his siblings.

"AIEEEEEEEE! What the hell is going on?" shrieked Randy as she looked at herself. "I look like a goddamn chicken!"

"We all do!" Jonathon snapped angrily as he struggled with the ropes tying his wrists together.

"And we're all sticky too, with honey," muttered David as he finally loosened the knots on his wrists.

"And I bet I know who is responsible for this," growled Chris as he reached up and untied his feet. He fell to the ground with a dull thud.

"I guess that means I don't have to mention names," said David as he dropped to the ground too.

"And by your tone, it wasn't one of the guys," Randy said as Chris got her down out of the tree and set her on the ground.

"Sure as hell, it was that icy cold hearted little…" Chris started to say.

"We get the idea," said Jonathon as their sister covered Chris's mouth. "It was Victoria, plain and simple."

"When I get my hands on her, she'll wish she never messed with the son of Death," Chris gritted out. "And I was dreaming about her too."

"Where are we?" Randy asked as she looked around.

"The Nature Preserve," said David as he walked a few steps.

"And I suppose that we have to walk all the way home," said Randy. She knew that their house was a good ten miles from here.

"Well let's get going," Chris said as he started walking.

The other three sighed and followed. They walked along the coastal road trying to ignore the looks that they were getting from the passing cars. The summer sun was beginning to beat down on their necks.

"I'm so tired," said Randy as she stopped and put her hands on her sticky, feather covered thighs. She absently rubbed her ankle she had broken the previous year playing basketball.

"Come on," said Chris as he picked up his sister and started walking again. "We have four more miles to go," he said as he started walking again.

David and Jonathon sighed and followed their brother and sister.

**************************************************************** **************

At the Maxwell house, Duo sat at the table reading the paper. Hilde was making breakfast.

"Did anyone see our children this morning?" she asked without turning around.

"No, I checked their rooms. They were all empty," he replied as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Are you thinking, what I'm thinking?" Hilde asked as she set the platter of scrambled eggs on the center island. She turned back to the stove again.

"That our kids were more then likely kidnapped by the others and taken someplace," Duo answered as he put down the paper. "But what I think," he said as he got out of his chair and walked behind his wife. "That's we're completely alone in this house," he finished as he slipped his arms about her waist and kissed the side of her neck.

"Duo, I'm trying to make breakfast," she said sternly, but she couldn't help but smile as he kissed her ear. "And if my memory serves me correctly, this is how I got pregnant with Miranda."

"And what fun that was," he murmured as he turned her around. He switched the stove off behind her as he covered her lips with his.

Hilde laughed as she wrapped her arms about his neck. "You're a devil, you know that," she said against his mouth.

"Got that right," Duo said as he leaned her against the counter. His hand was slipping down her leg under her nightshirt when there was a knock at the kitchen door. "Dammit!"

"Go on, answer the door," she said with another laugh as she pushed him towards the door.

"This better be good," he growled as he opened the back door. "What the…" he started to say, then burst out into laughter.

"Duo, what is it? What are you laughing at?" Hilde said as she came to the door. She clapped her hand over her mouth to keep her laughter inside.

"Thanks a lot, mom," David said as he rolled his eyes.

"You look like chicken's," Duo howled as he looked at his four children.

"No shit, dad," Chris gritted out as he set Randy down on the flagstone path.

"And we're hot and sticky too," said Jonathon. "They used honey to make the feathers stick."

"And my ankle is killing me," Randy hissed. "I walked nearly six miles barefoot, on concrete!"

"Sweetheart, go hose them off," Hilde said as she stifled her laughter. "And then I'll take a look at Randy's ankle."

"Come on. I'll clean you up some. You wouldn't want to track feathers in the house," Duo said as he herded his four children back into the yard. He picked up the hose and started with his daughter. "Wipe off as much as possible, then go to your mother," he said as he wiped some of the feathers out of her hair.

"Thanks dad," Randy said as she smoothed her hands down the front of her black muscle shirt and boxers. She left the yard and went back inside the house to be tended to by her mother.

"Do you know who did this to you?" Duo asked as he held the hose over Jonathon.

"Oh, we know. And they won't get away with it," Jonathon replied angrily as he pulled the feathers off his shirt. He went inside the house afterwards.

"And if they think that we have nothing left, they have another thing coming," David said defensively as ran his hands over his hair as the water streamed down. He went inside the house.

"I know whose idea it was too," Chris said as his dad held the hose over him.

"And who would that be?" Duo asked as he turned off the hose.

"Who else, but Heero's eldest. That ice princess, Victoria," Chris growled.

"I see," Duo said as he pushed his son towards the house. "Go on inside and get cleaned up. Then you can come down and eat breakfast."

"Right, dad," Chris sighed as he went inside. "Don't worry Victoria, I will make payback a real bitch!"

************************************************************ ******************

Sunday dinner this weekend was at the Winner household. The dining room was big enough to fit all the families, even at the same table. Barbed comments started flying back and forth between Chris and Victoria as soon as they sat down.

"So how did you like your feathers?" Victoria asked in a saccharine voice.

"No more then what I'm going to do to you," Chris shot back.

"Is that a promise?" she said with an innocent smile.

"Oh bet it is, baby. I got you once, I'll get you again," he said as he gave her a wicked smile.

"Are you sure you can back that up, braid boy?" Victoria asked as she ran her finger along the edge of her knife.

"Oh I can back it up. Did you ever hear that payback was a bitch," Chris said as his eyes bore into hers.

"Yeah. Why?" she questioned as she stared back at him.

"Because sweetheart, you're the bitch," he replied as he leaned back in his chair.

For a moment, Victoria was speechless. "You bastard!" she snapped at him.

"Never said I wasn't" Chris retorted. He swirled the spaghetti Alfredo on his fork.

"I oughtta…" she started as she got out of her chair, but her brother pulled her back into it.

"Stop making a scene Victoria," Dominic hissed in her ear.

Victoria speared the pasta with her fork, glaring malevolently at Chris, sitting across from her. But she didn't say anymore.

*************************************************************** ***************

"Why is it that every time that those two are in the same room as each other, the air goes, snap, crackle, and pop," Miles observed from his seat next to Randy.

"Probably because, they're both hot for each other," Randy replied as she turned to look at Miles.

"Glad to see someone agrees with me," he said as he turned to face her. "And what happens when we walk into a room?" he asked as he leaned forwards a little.

"Absolutely…" Randy said as she leaned closer to him, so that her lips were inches away from his.

"Absolutely what?" Miles asked; clearly interested in what she was going to say and the shape of her lush red lips.

"…Nothing," Randy finished as she chucked him under the chin with her finger and turned back to her plate.

"Hey, what's that…" Miles trailed off when he caught the eyes of Duo on him, as well as her brothers. "I didn't do anything," he said quickly.

"And it better stay that way," Duo said warningly as his eyes narrowed at Miles.

"Man, this sucks," Miles muttered under his breath and went back to eating. "Can't get anywhere with the women in any of these families."

"Well, Miles is right. Vic is hot for Chris," Randy said as she looked up at Victoria and smirked.

"I am not!" Victoria shrieked as she slammed her fork on the table. "You say that to me face to face wench!"

"Come over and get it!" Randy said, pleased that she had touched a nerve in Victoria.

************************************************************** ****************

"Here we go again," Heero said as he put his head in his hands.

"Why do your children always have the urge to kill each other?" Quatre sighed as he looked at Heero and Duo.

Heero and Duo looked at each other and replied, "Habit."

"Great," muttered Quatre as he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

****************************************************************** ************

"Well are you going to sit there and glare at me, or you going to do something about it?" Randy challenged Victoria.

"Argh!" Victoria growled as she pushed her chair back and rounded the table.

"Don't you think someone should stop her?" asked Quatrina as she watched Victoria approach Randy.

"I say let them fight it out," commented Leigh as she rolled her eyes.

Randy got out of her chair; pure devilment was flashing in her eyes. She stood her ground as Victoria stood in front of her. "Well?"

"Say it again to my face, brat," Victoria hissed at Randy.

Randy bent down to Victoria's level, since she stood about two and a half inches taller. "I said, that you're hot for my brother," she said triumphantly.

The color in Victoria's cheeks flared. She slapped Randy across the face. "Cold day in hell," she gritted out.

"You would only think so, ice princess," Randy snapped back as she slapped Victoria back.

****************************************************************** ************

"Are you two going to stop this?" Hilde asked as she watched the fight going on between her daughter and Victoria. She glanced at Duo and Heero.

"And to think, I tried teaching her pacifism," moaned Relena into her hand.

"All right, all right," Duo said as he pushed back his chair. He went over to his daughter, who was now engaged in a staring contest with Victoria. "That's enough Randy," he said as he pulled her away.

Heero had gotten up as well. He slipped an arm about his daughter's waist. "Enough," he said as started pulling her away.

"By the way Randy, your nickname leaves a lot open doesn't it? What did you do to earn that nickname," Victoria smirked.

Randy's face flooded with heat. "You, bitch!" she ground out as she tried to get out of her father's grasp.

"I think that's enough," Duo said as he put his daughter over his shoulder. "I'll be taking her outside for a little bit," he said as he went over to the terrace doors and went out.

"Put me down, dad!" Randy yelled as she tried to get loose.

"And you, young lady, are going to go cool down somewhere," Heero said sternly as he pushed her out of the dining room.

"But, dad…" Victoria started to say. Then she caught that look in her father's eyes. "All right, I'll be in the living room, cooling off," she said as she left the room.

****************************************************************** *************

"That was entertaining to say the least," Zechs remarked dryly.

"Not every day, you see Randy and Vicky go at it," Trowa said as he raised a brow at Heero.

"What is it with the onnas in your families?" Wufei directed the question towards Hilde and Heero and Relena.

"Father's influence," Relena and Hilde replied in unison.

"I hope none of my children never marry either of yours," Wufei sighed as he looked heavenwards.

"An even worse combination would be a Yuy and a Maxwell," Zechs commented.

"And why would that be?" asked Hilde pointedly.

"Think of it this way, one would be the son or daughter of the God of Death, and the other one would be the son or daughter of the "Perfect" soldier. Imagine that," Zechs said.

"Oh God," Wufei said as he shook his head. "That would be bad. Maxwell's devilry with the suicidal bent of Heero Yuy."

"Are we going to fight about this too?" asked Quatre as he slunk down in his chair.

***************************************************************** *************

"This is bound to be interesting," Carin remarked to Leigh.

"Yeah, another round of fighting," Leigh said as she rolled her eyes.

"Are the adults going to start fighting too?" whispered Kellie into Veronica's ear.

"Hope not," Veronica replied. "Or else, we might get to see a real war firsthand."

************************************************************ ******************

By the end of the evening, everyone's tempers had cooled down.

The four Maxwells were getting ready to leave when Victoria walked up to them.

"Ready to say that we win," she said in a syrupy voice.

"A Maxwell doesn't lose to a Yuy, even if she is a girl," Chris replied as he turned to look at her. "But we will get you guys back. Just you wait, ice princess," he said softly as he leaned down to her.

"Bring it on," Victoria replied as she pressed her nose against his. Challenge burned bright in her eyes.

"Remember, you asked for it, baby," Chris said as he grasped her chin with his hand and gave her a hard kiss before walking out the door.

Randy, Jonathon, and David looked on wide-eyed. And then burst into laughter as they followed him out the door.

Victoria could feel her lips throbbing. "I HATE YOU, MAXWELL!" she screamed at his retreating back.

****************************************************************** ************

On the car ride home, Randy leaned over to her brother. "What exactly are we going to do to them?" she asked.

"Oh, you'll see," Chris, replied enigmatically as he turned and looked out the window. "You'll see," he said as a slow smile crossed his face.

Isn't revenge sweet? Now that another battle line has been drawn, what do you think that Maxwells will do? And what's the meaning of Chris kissing Victoria?