Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Supernatural Magic ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own.
I still can't decide whether or not to kill John like in canon or not. If he dies Dean and Harry will get together faster than if he lives so I'm leaning towards that but I'm not sure.
 
Chapter 10
 
“They've got Dad.” Dean stated as he hung up the phone.
 
“Meg?” Sam asked and Dean nodded sadly.
“What'd she say?”
 
“I just told you, Sammy.” Dean wiped at his eyes, trying to calm down. He really didn't want to look like a wuss especially in front of Sam and Evan.
“Okay….okay.” Dean grabbed the Colt from where it is sitting on an end table and put it in his back pocket. He moved to the bed and grabbed his duffel bag.
 
“I really don't like this Meg character. We need a way to get rid of her.” Evan commented as he sat down on a chair.
 
“What are you doing, Dean?” Sam asked, not really paying attention to what his friend was saying.
 
“We gotta go.” Dean answered and Evan stood up, going to get his things.
 
“Why?” They both turned to stare at Sam in surprise.
 
“Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right? It knows we've got the Colt, it's got Dad, it's probably comin' for us next.” Dean pulled on his coat as Evan slung his bag over his shoulder.
 
“Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come.” Sam stated and Evan snorted in amusement.
 
“Listen, tough guy, we're not ready! We don't know how many of `em are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving. Now.”
 
“Dean's right Sam. I've managed to catch that thing by surprise twice; I'm not willing to chance a third time. We need to get out of here, regroup and figure out how to help your Dad.” Evan backed Dean up, earning himself a glare from Sam. But his glare vanished as Evan's eyes glazed over.
 
“Evan?” Sam stepped further out of concern, catching Dean's attention. Dean moved to hover as Sam grabbed Evan's arm only to snatch his hand away as something zapped him.
 
“Evan!” Dean yelled and Evan's eyes snapped back into focus even as he twisted to hit Dean. Dean went down, not expecting the hit.
 
“Evan!” Sam screamed, moving to restrain him and Evan stopped, shaking his head as if to clear it.
 
“Sam?” Evan stared at him and then looked down at Dean.
“Dean! Are you okay? I'm so sorry.” Evan babbled as he dropped to his knees before the stunned Hunter. Seeing the concern and guilt in Evan's eyes Dean relaxed and smiled slightly.
 
“I'm okay. Shouldn't have come up behind you.” Dean shrugged and let Evan help him up since the guilt wasn't leaving his eyes.
“What happened?”
 
“I need to go. I'm sorry but he's the only family I have left.” Evan babbled as he grabbed his bag from where it had fallen when he hit Dean.
 
“I don't understand.”
 
“Remus is in trouble. I put alarms on him when I left. I can't let them kill him, I have to go. I'm sorry.” Dean grabbed Evan by the shoulders and shook him lightly.
 
“Calm down. You go save your family. We'll take care of Meg and friends. Just come back as soon as you can, okay?” Evan blinked at him in shock before looking over at Sam who nodded. Evan took a deep breath and nodded slowly.
 
“Good luck.” He whispered, moving away from Dean.
 
“You too.” Dean answered even as Evan vanished.
 
-----------------------------------
He crouched in the bushes, watching the small house intently. The Ministry had finally passed the new creature laws allowing for them to be killed on sight. Sure some on the squad weren't too keen, after all it was said the wolf had been a good friend of the Great Hero but no Dark Creature could be allowed to live and pollute their society.
 
“You know its idiots like you that made me decide to fake my death.” A cold voice called from behind him. The young Auror turned slowly and then nearly passed out from either fear or awe. Standing before him was a young man with messy black hair, piercing emerald eyes and a rather scary smirk.
 
“Impossible.”
 
“You should know, I'm famous for doing the impossible.” Harry Potter drawled before flicking his wrist and the Aurors world went black.
 
Harry stared out at the clearing surrounding Remus' home. He shook his head at the pathetic attempts the various aurors had made to hide their presence. That would have gotten them killed in the war. Had things really changed so much in just a few short years? Harry gathered his magic and smirked coldly, he held no pity for anyone foolish enough to attack the last member of his family. If any of the Winchester's could see him now they would be shocked for there wasn't a trace of the man they knew in the wizard preparing to fight. He silently apparated to where he felt the next idiot preparing to ambush his old friend.
 
-------------------------
Remus opened his door, wand gripped tightly, only to stare in shock at the figure standing before him.
 
“Harry?” A blinding smile spread across his visitors face and Remus leapt forward, pulling the younger man into a bone-crushing hug.
“What are you doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you. You look...happy.”
 
“I'm fine. Studying medicine at the moment. As for being here, I was just saving your life. Any reason a squadron of aurors was here to kill you?” Remus blanched at that and Harry pushed him gently into a chair.
“Remus?”
 
“I knew the legislation was floating around but I never thought they'd actually pass it.” The werewolf muttered sadly.
 
“What legislation?”
 
“That allows the killing of `creatures' on sight.” Remus answered. He looked up at Harry's continued silence only to swallow at the rage he saw on his friends face.
 
“How dare they.” Harry whispered and Remus shivered. Sometimes it was easy to forget how powerful Harry was, this was definitely not one of those times.
 
“There's nothing you can do without revealing you survived.”
 
“Isn't there? I'll be back.”
 
Harry!” Remus called but it was too late, Harry was gone.
 
Harry stared around the office he'd reappeared in and shook his head, some things never changed. He settled himself into the chair and smirked as the door opened.
 
“Hello Minister.”
 
----------------------------------
Remus stared at the article in shock. Harry had done it. Remus didn't know how but trust the son of a Marauder to do the impossible.
 
“How did you do it?” He asked, having picked up on his cub's scent.
 
“The Minister is many things. Smart and brave are not two of them. Though him fainting was highly amusing.” Harry answered, stepping forward to accept a hug.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“You're all I have left Moony, as if I'd let a bunch of hypocritical idiots take you away from me.” Harry shrugged and Remus smiled.
 
“Are you happy Harry?” Remus asked and Harry smiled widely.
 
“Yes. There's even someone I might be interested in and from his staring at the outfit I wore the other day he might even like me back. If you're okay now though I need to get back and help him rescue his Dad.”
 
“Same old Harry, always saving people. Be careful cub.”
 
“I will Moony.”
 
----------------------------------
Harry followed the trackers he'd put on the boy's before he'd left them and frowned as he found himself in the middle of nowhere, though he was relieved to find John with them. Until he felt the presence of the demon that was. He swore under his breath as he cloaked himself, things were not looking good. He walked over to one of the windows and peered inside to see Sam and Dean pinned to opposite walls with the demon inside of John standing in front of Dean.
 
“I'm gonna kill you!” Was the first thing Harry heard as he activated the listening spell. Sam was more than a bit mad, not that Harry could blame him.
 
“Oh, that'd be a neat trick. In fact, here.” Harry watched as the demon placed the Colt on a table near Sam.
“Make the gun float to ya there, psychic boy. Well, this is fun. I could've killed you a hundred times today, but this…. this is worth the wait.” He turned to Dean and Harry had to force himself to remain still.
“Your dad? He's in here with me—trapped inside his own meat suit. He says “hi”, by the way. He's gonna tear you apart. He's gonna taste the iron in your blood.”
 
“Let him go. Or I swear to God—“
 
“What? What are you and God gonna do? You see, as far as I'm concerned, this is justice. You know that little exorcism of yours? That was my daughter.”
 
“Who, Meg?”
 
“The one in the alley? That was my boy. You understand?” The demon asked and Harry grinned, realising the boys must have killed the two demons.
 
“You've got to be kiddin' me.” Dean grumbled.
 
“What? You're the only one who can have a family? You destroyed my children. How would you feel if I killed your family?” Dean stayed silent and Harry could just make out the wicked grin on John's face.
“Oh, that's right. I forgot. I did. Still, two wrongs don't make a right.”
 
“You son of a bitch.”
 
“I wanna know why. Why'd you do it?” The demon turned towards Sam.
 
“You mean, why'd I kill Mommy and pretty little Jess?” It taunted and Harry once again had to hold himself still, they needed the intel.
 
“Yeah.” But the demon turned back to Dean instead of answering.
 
“You know, I never told you this, but Sam was gonna ask her to marry him. Been shoppin' for rings and everything.” He walked over to Sam.
“You wanna know why? Because they got in the way.”
 
“In the way of what?”
 
“My plans for you, Sammy—you….and all the children like you.”
 
“Listen….you mind just gettin' this over with, huh? `Cause I really can't stand the monologuing.” Harry knew what Dean was doing, he'd done it himself during the war, make the enemy focus on you rather than your friends or family to protect them.
 
“Funny. But that's all part of your M.O., isn't it? Mask all that nasty pain. Mask the truth.”
 
“Oh, yeah? What's that?”
JOHN: You know, you fight and you fight for this family, but the truth is….they don't need you. Not like you need them. Sam—he's clearly John's favourite. Even when they fight. It's more concern than he's ever shown you. Oh and you're little friend, Evan isn't it? You don't know who he really is or what he's done but I do. Took me a bit to put all the pieces together I'll admit but few wizards have that sort of power these days. Bet you'd love to know who he really is wouldn't you?”
 
“Doesn't matter, he'll tell us when he's ready. I bet you're real proud of your kids, too, huh? Oh, wait, I forgot. I wasted `em.” Dean smiled weakly and Harry's heart soared at the trust Dean had in him. The demon stayed silent but took a step back and lowered John's head. A moment later he raised his eyes again. Suddenly, Dean began bleeding heavily from the chest. He screamed in agony.
 
“Dean! No!” Sam screamed but it was almost drowned out as the door blew in off its hinges. Dean continued to scream as more blood poured out of him. A howling wind filled the room as Harry entered, his magic swirling around him like a living being.
 
Let them go.” He demanded coldly, emerald eyes glowing and his hair whipping around him.
 
Sam stared at the figure that had just entered blankly before the familiarity of the voice hit him. It was Evan. Though not the Evan they knew that was for sure. Yeah he knew his friend was a wizard but he'd never seen him show such power before. And he looked different as well with the darker hair and emerald eyes.
 
“Harry James Potter. You know rumour says you're dead. Stabbed in the back by a spy during the last battle.” The demon taunted even as Dean slumped, unconscious against the wall.
“You're no match for me wizard.”
 
“Normally true. And yes, Severus was a traitor but he was also a brilliant potions master. His power boosting potions may taste foul but they do come in handy.” Harry drawled, stepping closer to the now nervous demon. With a flick of his wrist the Colt leapt into his outstretched hand and he aimed it at John.
 
“Evan no!” Sam screamed as his friend pulled the trigger. The bullet lodged in John's flesh, several inches away from his heart. Sam staggered as he was released and then rushed to Dean's side.
 
“It's still alive. It's inside me. I can feel it. You shoot me. You shoot me! You shoot me in the heart, wizard!” John demanded of Harry.
 
“Your boys need you John.” Was Harry's answer as he dropped the gun and knelt beside the Hunter. He took a deep breath and then pulled a knife, slicing his own palm and then placing it over John's wound.
“Brace yourself, this is really going to hurt.” Harry warned before he began chanting. Sweat began to drip from his face as he continued the spell, John could feel the magic moving through his body and the demon fighting it. He prayed the Evan, Harry, whatever his name was, was strong enough to do whatever it was he was attempting.
 
“Dean? Hey. Oh, God. you lost a lot of blood.” Sam told his brother as Dean started to come round.
 
“Sammy? Where's Dad?” Dean tried to move but Sam held him still.
 
“It's okay, Evan's helping him.” They both fell silent as the pressure in the room built and built until Sam was shielding Dean with his own body. They both flinched as they heard their father scream and then it fell deathly silent. Sam slowly sat up to see John passed out or dead and Evan wavering above him. Evan looked up and managed a weak smile before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed. Sam looked around and found himself the only one conscious and everyone else in desperate need of medical help. Not good.
 
John had woken up by the time Sam had gotten Dean out to the Impala so he only had to help him out to the car before going back for Evan. He stared down at his friend, noting how pale and still he was before trying to lift him only to get shocked again.
 
“Evan it's Sam, I don't know if you can hear me but I need to get you to the car. So can you please stop shocking me?” Sam asked, knowing he sounded like an idiot. So he was rather surprised when he didn't get shocked when he tried again. Once he got Evan settled beside Dean he started the car. They travelled in silence for a while before Dean eventually woke up again though he was clearly exhausted and in pain.
 
“Just hold on, all right? Hospital's only ten minutes away.” Sam told him and then smiled as he heard a pained hiss from beside Dean.
“Evan?”
 
“Shhh. Head.” Was the mumbled reply and Sam smiled, relieved everyone was at least semi-conscious. Green eyes slowly opened and Evan groaned.
“Never doing that again.” The wizard stated slowly moving so he was sitting up properly.
 
“Why didn't you kill it?” John asked and Evan snorted.
 
“And kill you too? Dean would kick my arse! Ouch. Besides that should keep him out of the game for a while, gives us all plenty of time to heal.”
 
“Look, we still have the Colt. We still have the one bullet left. We just have to start over, all right, I mean, we already found the demon—“ Sam spoke up. But he never finished as an enormous eighteen wheeler slammed into the side of the Impala, sending it careening off the road. Sam was vaguely aware of Evan moving to cover Dean in the back seat, some sort of blue light surrounding them and then everything went black.
 
TBC...