Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Supernatural Magic ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Thanks to everyone who voted, adding all the votes and opinions from the others sites where this is posted the choice has been made.
 
Chapter 12
 
“What are you talking about?” John demanded.
 
“Remus is a werewolf. To save Dean he could bite him.” Harry stated flatly.
 
“No! No way!” John yelled and Poppy sighed, silencing the room with a wave of her wand so no one would call security on them.
 
“It would save Dean?” Sam asked hopefully and Remus nodded.
 
“How is turning him into a monster saving him?” John demanded and Harry took a step towards him in anger.
 
“Don't you dare call Remus a monster; he's a better man than you John Winchester.”
 
“Harry cub it's okay. I've been called worse. Yes Dean would have a lot of adjustments to make but with help it can be made easier. He wouldn't have to be a killer.” Remus explained.
 
“Remus is right. There is a potion that helps them keep their mind while transformed. And being changed by Remus would expose him to the magical version of the strain which means he wouldn't need hearts like those you know. Plus since I'm pretty sure Harry will be hanging around he can stay with Dean during his time to help control him.” Poppy explained.
 
“What? Wouldn't he attack Harry?” Sam asked, looking at his friend in concern.
 
“They only attack humans Sam.” Harry smirked and then suddenly there was a snow leopard where Harry had been standing. John and Sam both backed away but Remus moved closer to pet the cat.
 
“I think you made your point cub.” He gently cuffed the cat and it chuffed at him but changed back.
“Meet the only dual form animagus on the planet.” Remus stated proudly and Harry blushed slightly.
 
“Animagus?” John questioned suspiciously.
 
“A witch or wizard who can change into an animal. It reflects their inner self. I have two forms, the one you just saw and a snake.” Harry answered.
“Look we need to make a decision, actually Dean needs to make a choice. I can keep the Reaper off his back for a while but not indefinitely.” Harry stared John down and the man glared at him.
 
“And how do we ask Dean.” The hunter asked angrily.
 
“Well Sam was using an Ouija board to talk to him and I can see him, he's sitting on the window sill over there. So let's ask him. So far the choices are death or being a werewolf Dean, which would you prefer?” Harry turned to stare at Dean's spirit.
 
Dean stared at his family and then at Evan, Harry and his friends. He honestly didn't know what to do. If he said yes, would his Dad ever accept his choice? Or would he try to kill him? Sam was looking straight at him even though he knew his baby brother couldn't see him but he could see the love and support in those familiar hazel eyes. Sammy would stand by him even if he agreed to be infected. He looked at Harry who smiled at him in support but it was his eyes that had Dean's attention. Love? Could he?
 
“You love me?” Dean whispered and Harry frowned and then smiled and nodded, blushing slightly.
 
`Whatever you chose Dean, just don't make us watch you die.' Echoed softly through Dean's mind. Just what were Harry's limits? Dean walked over to the board and sat in front of it; placing his fingers on the planchette he moved it over the board and spelt out `bite'.
 
“Dean no.” John begged and Dean walked over to stand in front of his Dad, putting a hand on his shoulder. John started slightly and then stared at where Dean's hand was.
 
“It'll be okay Dad.” He said even though he knew his Dad couldn't hear him.
 
“Dean?” John questioned.
 
“He's right in front of you John.” Harry told him and John reached out to his son. He could feel a ghostly shiver of cold and knew Dean was clutching his hand.
“You won't lose him; he'll still be Dean I promise.”
 
“Well we can't do this here.” Poppy said, looking around the hospital room.
 
“I'll go get us a place, near the woods and no nosey neighbours right?” Harry turned to Remus who nodded and Harry vanished.
 
“We'll need to wipe the records of us being here.” Remus said heading out into the hall.
 
“And you Mr. Winchester need to get back into your body.” Poppy told thin air.
 
“And how does he do that?” Sam asked hesitantly.
 
“Dean you need to lie on the bed exactly where your body is and I'll count to five. When done I'll cast the spell which should anchor you back in, at least temporarily. This way we'll make sure we bring you with us when we leave. Okay, one...two...three...four...five.” She aimed her wand and cast the spell.
“Alright, Dean if it didn't work let us know.” They all looked to the board but nothing moved.
 
“Guess it worked.” Sam commented, moving over to the bed. He sat on the edge and took Dean's hand, it was cold and slack in his grip but Dean's pulse was regular.
 
“Well of course it did.” Poppy huffed, moving to Dean's other side and waving her wand at the various machines. Sam and John watched in shock as the machines turned off and removed themselves gently from Dean. Another spell kept Dean breathing and his heart beating.
“The full moon is tomorrow night thankfully. Where are those two?” As if he'd heard her Harry reappeared.
 
“Got a house. We ready? Where's Mooney?”
 
“Taking care of the records.” Poppy told him and Harry nodded.
 
“I'll do the staff then.” Harry turned to leave but John stopped him.
 
“What do you mean `do'?” Harry shrugged him off and headed for the door.
 
“Alter their memories.” He called before closing the door behind him.
 
---------------------------
Sam watched as Harry lowered Dean onto the prepared cot in a magically reinforced room in the basement of the house Harry had secured.
 
“So are we squatting or did you rent it?” Sam asked and Harry looked up.
 
“Bought it actually. It'll take Dean a while to adjust and learn what he needs to; better to stay in one place until that's done.” Harry explained and Sam nodded, reaching out to take his brothers hand.
 
“He's going to be okay Sam.” Harry offered, smiling at Sam who managed a shaky smile in return.
 
“Will he?” John asked as he came down the stairs.
 
“Yes.” Harry shot back.
 
“And I'm supposed to trust the word of a lying wizard?”
 
“Dad!”
 
“It's okay Sam. I haven't lied. I told Dean and Sam that Evan wasn't my name. Black however was added on a few years ago so that's perfectly legal. And if I'm going to be telling my life story then I'm waiting till Dean can hear it too.
 
“Fine, but we will get the whole story.”
 
“Agreed.” Harry answered calmly and then moved past John to where Remus was making his way downstairs.
 
“You okay Mooney?”
 
“Pre moon sickness, I'll be fine cub.” Remus answered but let Harry help him over to the matching cot.
“Moonrise in twenty.”
 
“You took your potion?” Harry asked and Remus smiled.
 
“Yes mother.” He teased and Harry smiled sheepishly.
“You'll be here in case?” Remus asked seriously and Harry smiled.
 
“Yes Snowy will be here and seriously one day I'll get you back for that nickname.” Harry teased and then straightened up.
“I'll bring your dinner down, get some rest.” Harry said and he followed John upstairs, Sam refusing to leave Dean's side.
 
Twenty minutes later Harry, Remus and Dean were the only ones in the basement, waiting for the full moon to rise. Harry backed away when Remus curled up on himself in pain.
 
“Moony?”
 
“Change now!” He yelled and Harry transformed instantly into Snowy. He paced restlessly as Remus screamed in pain as the transformation began. When it was done he sat between Moony and Dean, not wanting the hunter to get mauled before Remus managed to assert himself over the wolf. Moony got to his feet and shook himself before turning to growl at Snowy who snarled back but did nothing else aggressive. When Moony went for Dean Snowy was there to tackle and pin him. Green eyes bore into amber and then Moony relaxed under him. Snowy backed off and Moony got up, whimpering softly and then slowly approached Dean, Snowy pacing him.
 
Moony stared down at Dean, nostrils flaring and Snowy nudged him. They'd talked earlier and agreed the meet of his thigh was the best and least obvious place for the bite. Moony bent his head and sniffed at the bared flesh before opening his mouth and biting as gently as possible. Snowy whined slightly at the sight but sat still, waiting to see if Moony could pull away. Thankfully he did and then moved away to curl up in a corner. Snowy followed but he pushed him back towards Dean.
 
Snowy sniffed at the bleeding wound in Dean's leg and pulled back from the stench of infection that was already spreading up the leg. He could practically track the course of the infection via smell as it spread through Dean's blood. He whined when Dean convulsed and crawled on top of him to keep him from falling off the cot. He knew when it hit Dean's heart and then his brain as Dean began to convulse and his eyes snapped open. He nuzzled Dean's throat trying to give comfort and Dean managed to look at him. He could see Dean's eyes beginning to change colour and then he heard fabric ripping under fingernails turning into claws. Dean's spine arched and he screamed. Snowy leapt off and began to pace as Dean underwent his first change.
 
Moony got up and joined him in watching and they both tensed as it finished. Dean hadn't taken the Wolfsbane potion so it would be completely the wolf in charge. They had to keep him calm until sunrise so they wolf wouldn't hurt itself. When Dean got to his feet he looked over at them and growled deep in his chest. Both Moony and Snowy tensed but it was Moony that pounced first. He slammed into Dean and the two went tumbling across the floor, Snowy scrambling to get out of the way. Moony had to show he was top wolf for them to have a chance of subduing Dean and he had to do it alone. He relaxed when Moony finally got Dean pinned and locked his teeth around his neck. Dean struggled briefly and then went limp in submission. Snowy approached slowly and nuzzled at Dean who growled but then stopped and stared at him quizzically.
 
------------------------------
When Poppy led the Winchesters down to the basement after sunrise they found Dean and Remus laying unconscious and naked on the floor and Harry standing to stretch.
 
“I'm assuming everything went well then Harry?” Poppy asked and Harry turned to them and then looked down at his naked companions. With a flick of his wrist they were covered by blankets.
 
“As well as expected. The bite took and Dean changed successfully. They'll probably do the post-moon thing and sleep most of the day. I could use some sleep myself.” Harry covered a yawn.
 
“So Dean was aware?” Sam asked and Harry nodded.
 
“Yeah, looks like the head wound healed fine. He seemed to know who I was when he woke before the transformation took over.” Harry told Sam and Poppy leant over Dean to run a scan. When she straightened she was smiling.
 
“Dean is fully healed and in better health than Remus usually is after the full moon.” She told them and Sam smiled, moving over to lift Dean off the floor. He staggered slightly under the weight but got Dean back onto his cot and then sat beside him.
 
“Bed with you Mister Potter.” Poppy ordered and harry nodded.
 
“Yes ma'am.” He answered, heading upstairs to get some sleep. Poppy turned her attention to John who had so far remained silent.
 
“Will it be that bad every time?” John asked quietly, staring at his sons.
 
“The potion helps some.” She told him. John sat heavily on the step.
 
“What have we condemned him to?” He whispered brokenly.
 
“You're son is alive Mr. Winchester, be happy with that. Pain can be dealt with and he strikes me as a strong person.” She patted his shoulder and headed back upstairs.
 
“He's alive Dad, nothing else matters.” Sam told him softly from where he was sitting beside his brother.
 
“Does it?” John left and Sam pulled Dean into his arms.
 
---------------------------
Sam looked down as Dean let out a low moan. He moved slightly and Sam gripped his hand.
 
“Dean? Hey Dean come on wake up.” Sam called softly and Dean frowned but then his eyelids began to flutter.
“That's it Dean, wakie wakie.”
 
“Dude are you five?” Dean croaked out and Sam let out a relieved laugh. Dean groaned and opened his eyes slowly.
“Sammy?”
 
“It's okay Dean. Here.” Sam held a glass of water to his lips and Dean drank deeply.
 
“What happened?” Dean asked and Sam swallowed.
 
“What do you remember?” Sam stalled and Dean frowned.
 
“Dad!” Dean's eyes went wide and he looked wildly around.
 
“He's fine, Evan exorcised him. Do you remember anything after that?” Sam pushed and Dean frowned.
 
“The car, then pain. Sam what happened?”
 
“We got hit by a demon driven semi. Evan mange dot soften the blow a bit but...you were dying Dean. You were bleeding in your brain and you wouldn't wake up. Turns out you were out of your body and there was a Reaper after you. Some of Evan, whose real name is Harry by the way, showed up. We came up with a way to save you and you agreed. You don't remember any of this?” Dean shook his head.
 
“How did you save me? How Sam?” Dean begged.
 
“Harry's friend Remus is a werewolf and last night was the full moon. You're not like the ones we've hunted though, it's a different strain. He's going to teach you things so you don't hurt someone on accident and you don't have to eat hearts.”
 
“I agreed to this!” Dean stared up at Sam in shock but he could see the honesty in his baby brother's eyes.
“What...what did Dad say?” Dean struggled to sit up and Sam helped him.
 
“He's not real happy but he let it happen. He's demanding Harry's life story but Harry refused until you were awake. I nearly lost you Dean. I don't care if you're a werewolf now; I'll do whatever I have to, to help you.” Dean looked away but nodded. He blinked and found it hard to keep his eyes open.
“Harry said that could happen. It's okay Dean, we'll talk later, get some more sleep.” Sam soothed and Dean gave in.
 
TBC...