Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Supernatural Magic ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Could someone please review ch5 of Immortal Love? Pretty please?
 
Chapter 14
 
The three Winchester men exchanged looks and then John opened his mouth. Harry smirked slightly as the man was cut off by his cell ringing. He really wasn't in the mood for whatever John Winchester was going to say so he took the opportunity to slip upstairs and check on Remus.
 
“Hey.” He called and the werewolf smiled at him.
 
“You okay cub?” He pulled the younger wizard into his arms and held on gently as Harry stiffened and then gradually relaxed.
 
“Yeah. Sam and Dean took it well. Don't know about their Dad, his phone rang.”
 
“And you snuck away up here.” Remus finished for him and Harry shrugged, moving onto the bed beside his godfather. Curling up they were both soon asleep.
 
---------------------
“We're fine Bobby. A friend of Sam's arranged private care to get us out of the hospital. Yes, Dean's awake.” Dean fought not to flinch when John paused before obviously answering Bobby's question on his condition. Sam obviously noticed and gave his leg a brief a squeeze of support. They stayed seated as John left the room, still talking to Bobby.
 
“He'll come round Dean.” Sam comforted but Dean wouldn't meet his eyes.
 
“You should check on Harry.” Dean said quietly and after one more questioning look Sam headed upstairs.
 
Hearing John end the call Dean got up and followed him to the front porch. He knew his Dad knew he was there but the older man kept his back to him and it hurt, more than being torn up by old Yellow Eyes ever did.
 
“Dad?” John tensed but didn't turn and Dean found himself fighting tears at the rejection.
“Please Dad.” Dean was too busy fighting to keep his voice even to notice the slight tremor that wracked his father's frame at his plea.
“Why can't you look at me?” John stayed silent and Dean clenched his fists.
“Say something!” He almost shouted but managed not to as he remembered that Remus and maybe Harry were probably asleep upstairs.
 
“How...How can I when I don't know what I'm looking at?” John finally spoke and Dean staggered back, clutching at the doorframe.
 
“How can you say that?” Dean breathed, not caring if John heard him or not.
“It's me Dad! I'm still Dean.” He answered louder.
 
“Even a monster would claim that.” Dean was too consumed by his own fear and pain to hear those same feelings reflected in John's voice.
 
“No. Please Dad. I'm not a monster, I'm not. You and Sammy...you're all I've got. Don't do this Dad.” He hated that he was begging but he'd do anything to keep his family. Because without them what was he?
 
John kept his back to Dean, unable to look at him for fear of what he'd do. Though he didn't even know if that would be lashing out in anger at a monster or breaking down in relief of having Dean back. He could hear the pain and fear in Dean's voice and it made him feel horrible but how could he accept this? His son was now a werewolf, something to be hunted. But the other wolf said he'd never bitten anyone and Harry had backed that up, so had the nurse. This was all his fault; if he'd stayed away from the boys Dean wouldn't have been hurt so badly that changing him was the only way to save him.
 
How could he truly know that this was still Dean, still his son? It wasn't like he could test his memories, if he was a monster he had full access to everything Dean had been. Maybe test his reaction to a threat to Sam? Dean would do anything for Sammy but would a monster? But how could he do it without making it look like a test?
 
“I already have to live knowing I may have to kill one son someday, but the thought of losing both....” John trailed off, waiting for Dean's reaction.
 
Dean went rigid as his father's meaning registered. Kill Sam? Why? And no way was it happening while he had breath in his body.
 
“Then you better shoot me first cause there's no way you're hurting Sammy! How could you even think about it?” Dean growled at and to his surprise John actually relaxed a little.
“That as a test!” He stared in shock and John shrugged, finally turning around.
 
“A monster wouldn't care.” He answered.
 
“Could have faked it.” Dean spat back but this time John gave him a small smile.
 
“Can't fake that much emotion Dean. But it wasn't just a test. Dean...” He trailed off and turned away again, leaning on the rail. Dean moved until he was standing beside him but with nearly a foot of rail between them.
 
“Dad? What's going on?” John sighed in answer and Dean had to hold in a growl. Okay so maybe his temper was a little harder to control than usual.
 
“I...found some things out. About Sam and the others visited by the Demon. I love him Dean, no matter how much we fight. But better he die human than...” John couldn't finish the sentence.
 
“Harry sent it away right? So maybe Sam's safe now. He hasn't had a vision since then. And even if it does come for him or try to change him, he has us and Harry. Demon has to think twice before taking Harry on again and Sam's his best friend.” Dean honestly didn't know who he was trying to convince but this had come out of leftfield. He'd expected a fight over his being a werewolf not a discussion about killing Sam one day.
 
“Maybe you're right but you needed to know. If the last week has shown anything it's that any of us could die without warning and I didn't want you left not knowing if something happens to me.” John explained softly, looking at Dean and actually meeting his eyes before turning to go back inside. He paused in the doorway.
“I'm glad you're okay son.”
 
Dean slumped against the rail in relief. His Dad didn't hate him; he'd just needed time to think. But the talk about maybe having to kill Sam one day? That was definitely creepy and just not happening. Old Yellow Eyes was not turning Sam to the Dark Side on his watch. He smiled at the thought and as he heard familiar footsteps approaching.
 
“Hey. You okay?” Dean turned and smiled at Sam.
 
“Yeah. Talked to Dad.” Sam relaxed and moved to stand beside him.
“This place is great.” He commented and Sam nodded.
 
“Harry said we can use it whenever we want. It's probably a good idea having a safe place for the full moon and to recuperate after bad hunts.” Sam explained.
 
“Sounds good.” Dean bumped Sam's shoulder and his little brother smiled. It was good to see Sam so relaxed. He didn't need to know what he'd been talking to their Dad about, not yet. It wouldn't matter till the Demon managed a comeback anyway.
 
TBC...