Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Me at Privet Drive ❯ muggle music is the best ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 5 - Muggles make the best musicWell once I was outside the leaky cauldron I wandered into the city to get myself some stuff.Shopping is only ever really any fun when you have a load of cash and some time to waste, well I had a hell of a lot of cash and the exchange rate for wizard to muggle money was great at the moment. So man did I have cash to spend and how, after stopping by a few of my favourite shops and picking up a load of music and a surround sound system I wandered into a shop I ventured into only ever to see how some of my friends from school was doing, but often wished I had the money to get some of the stuff they sold.Walking in I noticed that Jason and Morgan were working today, they noticed me too as I walked in, they looked rather happy to see me. I had always had a crush on Morgan, but I was way too young and it would probably cause a little problem with her twin brother Jason, Jason can be really protective at times. “Hey Morgan, Hey Jason, hows it hanging today” I said intentionally mixing up who was named who, it was a long and running joke we shared that stemmed from the fact they were twins, even if they didn't look anything alike.“Hey Tank, going okay, you?” they replied in perfect unison, using the one nickname that had stuck throughout all the time I'd known them at school, at least until they graduated the previous year. It really was a shame Morgan saw me more as her little adopted baby, then someone who would maybe had enough potential to become serious with. “Very good my friends, very good indeed.” I said slamming a large wad of cash down onto the counter “And I feel the need for some new stuff” Shocked sputtering was all I got until Morgan voiced her opinion of the wad “What the hell, are those real?” she muttered, picking them up and flipping through them “Damn right there real, got them right from the bank tellers hands, they sure as hell better be real. “damn, your uncle is going to be pissed when he finds out your using his credit card again.” Morgan said, finally finishing counting the wad “Naw Jason ma man, I got this from another source, this time I got it all legit. Get this, my parents left me this bank vault crammed fun of cash, so I can attend some prissy preppy private school in Scotland until I graduate, can you believe that?” I said walking over to the magazine rack and grabbing a couple interesting mags before putting them down on the counter “is that all, or were you like planing on use all that dough here?” Jason said, finally regaining his hold on reality. “Hah, you think I'm going to wave this amount of cash in your faces and just get a few mags? No way in hell, I want as much shit as I can get. By the time I'd left I had taken a large portion of the stores accessory stock and almost everything they had in the two sizes I wore, why I didn't I enchant the stuff to change sizes for me was simply because each size had different stuff, not everything was the same. Jason and Morgan had seen me use a little bit of magic, a couple of my other friends had minor magical skills too, but seeing a little palm sized replica trunk suddenly turn into a full sized multi compartment trunk was enough to give the both of them a bit of a start; but that was quickly taken care of as I mentioned that they would have to restock the shelves once I'd left or other people might not find anything that fit them. With my shopping taken care of I made one final stop at a hard ware store within walking distance of the Duresly's, I got a bunch of bar steel and some copper, plus a couple packs of ten metre nylon weave cargo ties, thin and wide, and could hold an ox if tied properly. Damn I was going to have some fun. But as I left the hard ware store I noticed it was starting to get dark, so for the lack of anything to do until a special party down at our local haunt Morgan had mentioned remembering; Steven the clubs manager, was having his twenty-first and he was throwing a massive party with all sorts of deals to celebrate.I went back to the Dursley's to drop off my stuff. Once back I changed form and got into some of the new cloths I'd bought, damn I look good tonight; quickly looking through one of my books I memorised a locking spell and used that to lock everything up except my two pets, who I let loose in my room, locking the door I left the currently empty house “wonder when the old bastard will get back?” I said voicing my thoughts, something which I had a habit of doing and which had gotten me in a hell of a lot of trouble in the past. Holding out my Wand to hail the knight bus, like I had done numerous times before when I went into the city to party, I had little trouble getting by the bouncer was the only real hang up on my way to the party, damn I sure hate it when they get a new guy who only lets the babes and his friends through I really hate wankers like that, well hope Steven wouldn't mind having to get a new Bouncer, Philip was a good bouncer, sometimes I wondered if he was psychic, his ability to judge if some one was trouble was that good.~day of trip to Hogwarts~Packing wasn't really a problem for me, just shoved everything I wasn't wearing into my trunk and shrunk it, promptly placing it into my pocket. Looking round my room just incase I had missed something my eye fell on my bandolier of throwing knives, which I had made since I had been to the hardware store.I spent a lot of my time working out and reading the books I got, I seemed to excel in transfiguration. I found little if any trouble changing the shape of things, really it was easily; my main trouble was changing one element to another, I could still probably do better than a third year. Having the understanding and knowledge from a previous life full of education in chemistry, physics and much more gave me a pretty good idea of how magic affected these things. My best guess was that because of the basic principle of energy being converted to mass and Vice versa, magic just took away or added to the element in question and therefore changed it from one thing to another. It was just easy reading, to make things interesting I added some Potions and D.A.D.A. to my reading.Finally, the day I was officially unleashed into the wizarding world had come, may the powers that be have mercy on the souls of everyone at Hogwarts, cause I sure as hell wasn't planning on it.My little Wyvern had gone thru a few growth spurts since I had bought it, it still fit in its cage though.Due to constant exposure to my hyper gravity field it had grown in strength too; all I think that happened was that it was fighting so much that it was never able to get enough food, that's why it was smaller didn't seem to be doing to good. By now I'm sure if I popped him back in the cage it could beat the others to a pulp with only minimum injury to itself.