Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The American mofia princess goes to Hogwarts! ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the key:
“Talking”
`Thoughts'
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 4- THE TRAIN RIDE
“Hurry! Were going to miss it!” Yells both Lizzy and her father, the first being in the lead.
“Slow down darling.” Says both parents.
“No!! It's almost time! Lets go!” Lizzy yells. She was really excited about going to Hogwarts.
They finally make it to the barrier.
“What now?” asks Lizzy.
“Run through.” Replies her father.
“Say what?” asks a worried looking Lizzy.
“Run through. There's not much time!” yells her father.
Then from behind them they can hear a whole lot of people coming.
“It's always packed with muggles isn't it?” Asked a red headed woman. Lizzy remembered some of the people following her from the seamstress shop.
“Come now mother were late!” Lizzy says ignoring the red heads.
“Hurry dear!” Says Ralph.
They make it through the barrier and so does the red headed group.
“Bye mom! Dad!” Says Lizzy
“Bye dear!” They reply
“Bye mom. Dad. See ya this summer!” Lizzy says while getting on the train.
“Bye! Ron don't lose piggy! Fred, George if I get another letter! Take care Ginny!” shouts the red headed woman to the train as it leaves.
Soon the station was out of sight. Lizzy tries to find a compartment. She runs into many full ones, and also many with very rude people in them. Now if those students, also known as Slytherins knew who she was they wouldn't be mean to her. Without her knowing it her father had become popular within the wizarding world. Many rumors were started and many lies were created when he left. He did not tell Lizzy or her mother that he was the best wizarding spy at the ministry. when he disappeared it was all over in the daily profit for years. Though, he's not as famous as Harry Potter. But she soon found, lucky for her an empty compartment, in the back. Soon though, this compartment wouldn't be so empty. Soon some students showed up.
“Excuse me. But may we sit here?” a red headed boy asks.
“Sure.” Lizzy replies going back to her reading. She was trying to catch up in school.
“Sorry to disturb you fine students, but may I join you?” replies a man with a hint a amusement in his voice.
“Yes, professor!! What are you doing here?” the small group replies, and asks.
“well it seems that I was the only available choice for the job. It seems with Voldemort back the parents wanted their kids to be taught reasonably well in Defense Against the Dark Art. So Dumbledore decided to hire me back.” And looking over to Lizzy asks, “why hello there and you are?”
“New.” Replies Lizzy.
“Ahhh I see. Well let me introduce myself I'm professor Lupin.” The man, now identified as a professor says to Lizzy. ` is a professor the same as a teacher?' Lizzy wonders to herself.
“And I'm Harry, this is Ron and Hermione. You are?” asks Harry to this new girl.
“Again new. But if you mean my name it's Lizzy.” Lizzy replies. She always liked to do that. it was just the way she was. She never meant to be rude.
“Well Lizzy it's nice to meet you. Where are you from?” Asked Lupin
“Well I'm not sure if I comprehend what you mean. Do you mean where I live? Or do you mean umm.” Lizzy asks trailing off. `What else could they mean?'
“Where did you last go to school? to Durmstrang? Or to Beauxbatons?” asks the girl known as Hermione.
“What? What are those? Wait! My dad went to Durmstrang.” Lizzy says. ` so that's it! a wizarding school! What's Beauxbatons?' Lizzy wonders.
“Now where did you go to?” Asked Remus
“Ohh. To Chicago public school. I doubt you've heard of it.” Lizzy replies. She knew they didn't have a clue judging by the looks on their faces.
“Nope never.” Replies the one called Ron.
“It's a muggle school.” Replies Lizzy in a normal tone.
“Ahh. So your muggle born?” asks Ron.
“No Ron! Didn't you hear? Her father went to Durmstrang.” Says Hermione.
“Oh well pleasure to meet you.” Says Harry.
“Same.” Lizzy answers returning to her book. Remus sees the title it's a book for first years.
“Excuse me, but how old are you?” he asks this new girl. She looked rather tall to be a first year.
“15.” Lizzy replies.
“And your reading that book because?” asks Ron.
“I need to catch up to the rest of the students. Now if you'll excuse me.” Lizzy says in an annoyed tone. She hated people who didn't mind their own business. Then again she was one of those people some times.
The rest of the trip consisted of Ron and Hermione fighting about crookshanks. Remus and Harry talking normally about someone called `Sirius black?' and Lizzy reading the first and second year books. More like skimming through them.
Then during the train ride Hermione got up.
“Well I think we should get ready. Lizzy would you like to come with me?” asks Hermione.
“Yes I would.” Lizzy replies. When she got to the changing room she put on her uniform. And she hated it! `A skirt! What am I going to do?' Lizzy wonders to herself. She hated skirts. Another reason she got expelled from more than one school. She always altered the uniform.
While they were gone the boys and Remus observed that Lizzy had gone through almost two and a half years worth of reading books.
“Oh no. Another Hermione.” Groans Ron.
“Ron please. She just needs to catch up in her studies.” explains a very confused, and not so convincing Harry. He couldn't handle another Hermione. He could barely stand one. Always nagging them to do their work.
The girls soon return. And the train stops a few minutes later.
“Firs' years dis way. Firs' years dis way please. Oh you must be Lizzy. Follow me as well. Lets go.” Says a very large and tall man. Many of the first years were scared at first to follow this large man. Lizzy though had heard the group in the compartment talk about Hagrid. She wasn't scared. Seeing this older girl following the man seemed to wipe away all their fears.
“I'm scared!” Says one first year girl.
“Why?” Asks the oh so innocent Lizzy.
“Because I don't want to be in Slytherin.” Replies the first year.
“What's Slytherin?” asks Lizzy. She had forgotten to ask Hermione where she would stay during her time here.
“It's one of the four houses.” Replies another first year.
“The four what?” asks Lizzy turning to this new boy.
“Houses. That's what you live in while you're here. Their, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw.” Replies the boy. Lizzy had a feeling he would be put into Ravenclaw seeing as that sounded like the house for the smart ones.
“Really? And what's the difference?” asks Lizzy. After all she didn't want to be in one of the worst houses.
“I don't really know.” Replies the boy.
“Okay only four to a boat please.” Hagrid says interrupting their little chat.
“Please come with me.” Asks the small girl.
“Sure.” Replies Lizzy. The boy followed them into a boat. There was also another boy.
During the trip across the lake some boys, whom Lizzy suspected would be put into Slytherin since it sounded the worst out of all the houses, decided to have a game. The game? Get the weak little kids into the lake. Unfortunately they succeeded in turning one over, but they turned themselves over at the same time. Lizzy would have thought this funny except they didn't seem like they could swim.
“Help!!!” All of the young first years cried. There were seven in all. One had managed to keep a hold of the boat that was the target.
Now Hagrid couldn't hear them because the kids were laughing. But Lizzy got a bad feeling, and she never liked this kind of feeling, so jumping in she saved them by re-turning the boats over and placing them in them. Now Hagrid chooses to look back while she's saving the last kid. They soon reach the other side of the lake.
“Now, Ms. Beckly professor Megonagall would like to speak to you.” Says a very creepy looking man Hagrid called Filtch.
“Okay.” Replies Lizzy. She's a little bit scared of this strange man.
 
 
Mysticaldreamsorceress: Please read and review! What do you think? Should I continue?