Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The American mofia princess goes to Hogwarts! ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the key:
“Talking”
`Thinking'
 
 
 
CHAPTER 5- THE SORTING AND QUIDDITCH
Lizzy meets with McGonagall and is soon taken to Dumbledore's office. “Now lets see what house she'll be in shall we?” asks Dumbledore
“Place the hat on your head and it will sort you into your house.” Says McGonagall
“Okay.” Replies Lizzy.
Now in Lizzy's head a nice conversation was about to happen. ` Lets see bravery, kindness, not at all greedy, oh my, that's interesting, and now the best house for you could be Slytherin… `No!!' all right dear just a suggestion. Just like Potter I see. Don't like being in that house, what's wrong with that house I wonder?, better be in'
“Gryffindor!” the yells out.
“Well the feast is over but McGonagall can take you down to your house.” Says the headmaster.
“Well Ms. Beckly, it seems you going to be in my house.” Replies McGonagall.
“What?” asks Lizzy.
“I'm the head of Gryffindor house. Each house has it's own head of house.” Replies McGonagall. “Well here we are.” Says McGonagall.
“Password?” asks the portrait. Lizzy was not expecting this so of course she jumped.
“Black cat!” replies McGonagall to the portrait.
The painting or now door opens to show a large room.
“Now students of Gryffindor. This is a new student. Lizzy Beckly. So I hope you can show kindness and show her around. Goodnight.” Says McGonagall and with that she leaves.
“Hey over here!” Says Hermione
“Hey” replies Lizzy.
“I knew you were going to be in this house but did they believe me? No.” says Hermione.
“Well sorry we don't know her that well.” says Ron.
“Well now you'll get to know me better it seems.” Says Lizzy she was very excited she got to be in the same house as her new friends.
“Come on. It's almost bedtime.” ' Says Hermione `Finally I'm not the only girl in our group.' Thinks Hermione.
The next morning Lizzy understood why you should go to bed early. Not being an early person she slept in.
“No!!! I'm so dead! By the way who's Snape?” Lizzy asks herself skipping breakfast and heading strait for the dungeons.
Lizzy soon found out who Snape was.
“Well, well, well. Ms. Beckly? I see you're late.” Says a creepy looking man behind a desk. The first thing that came to Lizzy's mind was man this dude's a total Goth!'
“Sorry professor.” She says taking the only empty seat. It was next to the boy who said his name was Neville last night.
“5 points from Gryffindor. And a detention.” Replies Snape.
“Professor! She's new!” says Harry.
“5 more points from Gryffindor Mr. Potter. Turn to page 60 and start working.” The professor says to the class.
Soon Lizzy found she had made a big mistake. She saw the potion and knew she was in big trouble.
`Oh no! I'm not here yet! Well looks like I'll have to improvise.'
She did I must say do better then Neville. But she still didn't do that good. After all technically she was only a third year. By the end of the day she knew she needed to get help. So she went to dinner and reading while she ate she learned potions and care for magical creatures for third year by the end of her meal, again skimming through it.. Them she went to the dorm to get the rest of the books down. She started with DADA then to herbology, then transfiguation, and history. By the time she was done it was well past ten. The next few days just flew by. She had improved much in that time. She was now caught up in schoolwork and found that she loved the library.
`This book was so cool. This library is so cool. Better than those boring ones I'll tell you.' She thought thinking back to the muggle libraries.
One day she was sitting with Hermione when Harry and Ron came in looking very glum.
“What's wrong?” Asked Hermione
“We just lost our best chaser!” Ron says looking very sad and worried.
Lizzy quietly whispered to Hermione, “what's a chaser?”
“The problem?” asks Hermione.
“We need a new one!” Ron yells to Hermione exasperated.
“Ron calm down. We'll hold auditions over the weekend.” Says Harry.
So over the week all students in Gryffindor where practicing. While Lizzy took up the first day studying quidditch.
`Wow! This sounds like fun!' thinks Lizzy after she had read a few books.
So the next few days Lizzy took up her time flying and learning the rules of the game. When the weekend came she didn't think she was ready, but this was her only day that she would be able to try out. So she signed up, and Harry and Ron never noticed, and waited for her turn. she took her turn and many times she had to dodge the bloody bludger!one nearly knocked her off her broom. Now being an American she lost her temper by the fifthteenth one. She started yelling at the bludgers to go bother someone else, or get off the field. Needless to say this only made them come after her more. By the end she thought she had done very bad. And thought she would never play again. That is unless she made the team. Then she'd have to get her temper under control. She seemed to be losing it a lot at this school. But in reality she had done the best, and had made the team.
“All right here's the results for the tryouts.” Announces Fred.
Many complaints were filed when the house discovered that Lizzy had gotten the place. They didn't like it that she got on the team when she was a new student. But even Hermione was happy she got the place on the team.
 
 
Mysticaldreamsorceress: please read and review! How'd you like? Should I continue with the story?