Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Won't You Please Stay With Me? ❯ The Wizards’ Festive Robes ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Won't You Please Stay With Me?
 
A/N: Thank you thank you for all of the wonderful reviews. They do far more than just make my day. And this story is just a bit longer than the previous one. Sorry about that by the way.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own anything HP related. It all belongs to JK Rowling, Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Inc., Warner Bros., and any other entities involved.
 
 
 
Chapter 22:
 
“The Wizards' Festive Robes”
 
McGonagall clapped her hands twice to get everyone's attention, then she strode over to the front and announced, “Rehearsals are over for today. Your cap and gowns have been delivered to your dorms. I expect for everyone to try them on today and if there any problems, come to see me promptly. Dismissed.”
 
McGonagall walked down from the stage followed by a massive group of Gryffindors. When she got down, she walked off to the side to ensure that she wouldn't be trampled to death by a mob of anxious teenagers. As yesterday, Harry lagged behind. “What's wrong this time, Potter?”
 
“Nothing really. I'm just thinking about…,” he looked around then whispered, “The wedding.”
 
“Ah yes…,” McGonagall smiled. “This'll be the first wedding that I've attended in a long time.”
 
“It's not going to be a big celebration. We'll just have the ceremony and a small after party.”
 
“I didn't expect for you and Severus to host the wedding of the century. At least, not with you-know-who still out there and trying to find a way to destroy you.”
 
“I still haven't found out who'll be Severus' best man.”
 
McGonagall cleared her throat and then giggled. “Well, we'll just have to see.”
 
It was then that Harry passed a suspicious eye at his professor, but she evaded it by looking straight ahead.
 
Once in the halls, McGonagall and Harry went their separate ways. Harry hurried to catch up with the other Gryffindors who were all running towards the common room so they could try on their brand new graduation gowns. Inside, everyone was racing upstairs towards their bed. When Harry got to his bed, he felt his heart racing and a huge smile covering his face. He was going to be graduating soon, and the gown only helped the notion sink in some more.
 
Resting on his bed, like on all the others, was his one and only graduation gown. Harry picked up the beautiful red gown and held it against his body like a woman does when she's trying to figure out what a dress would like look on her. He then walked into the bathroom and tried to get in on with all the other boys cramming in around him. The gown fitted Harry as it should and while in the process of getting the gown on, Harry had discovered that the inside of the gown was gold, a rather nice arrangement. Harry spun around fast and watched with amusement as the gown flared out and then settled back in. Harry chuckled then looked up in the mirror and tried to do a serious pose, but failed miserably. “The caps!”
 
Harry raced back into the dorm to grab his cap, which didn't appear as a cap at all. It was a tall, pointy hat, much like a wizard's or witch's hat. The hat was red like the robes and off the edges hung the tassel. Harry took the tassel in his hands and looked at it carefully. From the tassel hung in gold, the year he was graduating and four different colored groups of strands. There was red for Gryffindor, green for Slytherin, blue for Ravenclaw, and yellow for Hufflepuff. Harry lifted the hat from the bed and placed it on his head. He felt rather good wearing his graduation uniform. “Harry?”
 
Harry turned and saw Ron standing in just his school uniform. “What do you think, Ron?” Harry turned in a circle to model off the gown.
 
“Fancy, but, Harry, Snape's here to see you. He's standing outside the common room.”
 
“Alright,” Harry squeezed his way through the crowd of cheering Gryffindors and out into the hall. Snape had his back turned to Harry at first and then he turned slowly and raised his brow. “Do you like it?” asked Harry while spinning around and admiring his gown.
 
“Stunning…,” Snape gave a nodding approval while trying to picture him in a green gown instead. “Change quickly. We have what you'll be wearing to the wedding waiting for you in my quarters.”
 
“Another outfit to try on?”
 
“Unless you wish to flaunt the audacity of a Gryffindor and show up at your own wedding in the buff…”
 
“Give me a second.”
 
Five minutes later and Harry was coming out of the port hole in his uniform. “Pity. For once you choose to do something level-headed,” Snape sighed.
 
Harry flinched. “Wait, you wanted me to show up nude?!”
 
Snape only chuckled as he led the way to his quarters.
 
In Snape's quarters, Dumbledore was sitting down with some Italian wizard having a spot of tea. “Good morning, Harry,” said Dumbledore.
 
The man sitting across from Dumbledore turned and gasped. He then set his tea aside, flared out his arms, and then carefully walked over to Harry. “My, he's a beautiful boy!”
 
The man's Italian accent wasn't as strong as Harry feared. “Hello, I'm Harry Potter.”
 
The Italian man shook Harry's hand then said, “You can call me Fabio. I designed the traditional wizard wedding robes you'll be wearing to your wedding.”
 
Harry's smile widened, “That's fantastic.”
 
“And it cost a fortune,” said Snape from behind. “It's waiting in my bedroom. Off with you.”
 
Harry moved quickly towards Snape's bedroom and then closed the door behind him. On the bed laid an elaborate, white gown with enough fabric to make a massive blanket to cover the bed at least twice. “That's a robe?” Harry's eyes quickly grew to the size of a snitch.
 
After gawking at the “robe” for nearly five minutes, Harry undressed himself then picked up the gown. The silk was cool to the touch and did not warm up even while Harry's hands lingered on it. Harry picked it up and lifted it over his head. His gown easily slid right over him and covered him entirely. There was a lovely V-cut that stretched down to his belly button, showing off his chest and abs. The pearly white sleeves starting just at his shoulders were long and flared out at the bottom, leaving behind extra fabric to trail behind on the ground. The bust grabbed Harry just perfectly until it reached his waist and then the dress flared out again. There were at least five feet of flow-y fabric shadowing Harry and as the boy walked, the fabric flowed like little opalescent waves. Harry looked in the mirror before him and sighed. He didn't understand how this gown was being held. Perhaps magic helped along the way.
 
When Harry walked into the drawing room a second hadn't passed before Fabio was up and running towards Harry with his arms wide open. He hugged Harry and began shouting things in Italian. Dumbledore turned to look, gasped, then stood up. “You look fantastic, Harry.”
 
Dumbledore came over to touch the fabric, then smiled. “How does it fit?”
 
“It fits great! It feels almost like my own skin.”
 
Dumbledore nodded. “Yes… despite the amount of fabric, the gown is suppose to feel weightless and…,” Dumbledore stroked the fabric and suddenly, the texture changed, “…exactly like your own skin, Harry.”
 
Harry ran his hands over the fabric and gasped. It did in fact feel like skin… everywhere… “Do you like it?” asked Fabio.
 
“I love it!”
 
Fabio got excited again and began to rearrange the extra fabric and Dumbledore just clapped. “Severus' in his potion's lab. Pay him a visit, won't you, Harry?”
 
Harry walked towards the entrance the potion's lab, opened the door then slowly closed and locked it. Snape at the moment was measuring the amount of a small dose of white powder. He seemed so concentrated on what he was doing that he didn't hear Harry come into the room. But he did feel the suddenly touch around his waist. Snape lowered the tube and bag he was holding to look at Harry. He quickly set everything aside and then returned his gaze to his fiancé. “Harry…,” words seem to have fled his mind at that moment. For once, he was speechless.
 
Harry smoothed out his gown then asked, “How do I look?”
 
Snape came forwards and his hands were touching Harry's sides… feeling their way up then down again. The fabric felt nice against his skin, and it grabbed Harry in all the right places. Snape's finger then tilted Harry's head, so he looked up at Snape. “Words flee my mind when I try to summarize how handsome you look wearing that gown.” Snape folded his hands behind his back and then slowly circled Harry to see how well the gown shaped his youthful body. The gown was perfect, but Harry still needed accessories. Walking away from the young boy, Snape went over to his desk to retrieve a glass case. He opened it on his desk and pulled out what looked like a fairy's silver tiara. Thin vines of silver swirled around and formed small leaves and curls that gently grabbed the wearer's forehead. Harry remained where he was as Snape brought it over and set it on his head. Instantly, a thin, sheer veil fell over Harry's face. The boy gasped and smiled up at Snape. “Bloody hell, Severus! This thing is brilliant!”
 
Harry seemed so excited and happy that it was beginning to radiate off him and onto Snape. Snape then took Harry's hand in his to look at his nails. “We'll send you off before the wedding day to get your hair and nails done.”
 
Harry nodded then asked, “And what am I supposed to do about shoes?”
 
Snape shrugged. “I have no idea,” he said nonchalantly as he examined Harry's hair.
 
“Am I supposed to wear high heels like a girl?”
 
“I'd rather you go barefoot.”
 
“But I can't do that… can I?”
 
“It's your wedding, Harry. I don't think anyone will care. Besides, you may find it rather appropriate for the wedding theme.”
 
“Theme?”
 
“You needn't know more than that. It's a surprise.”
 
Snape touched Harry's gown again and suddenly, silvery leaf like embroiders appeared around the seams. Harry gasped then moved his fingers over his gown, taking then asked, “Where's your wedding robes? I'm curious to see them.”
 
“Patience, Harry. You will.”
 
Harry smiled remained as apparent as ever as he wrapped his arms around Snape's neck, holding him close. “Will you be wearing black?” Snape smirked, and Harry shook his head. “No! Don't wear black!”
 
“What's wrong with black? It's the presence of all colors.”
 
“It reminds me of a funeral.”
 
“When you die, Harry, you turn white.”
 
Harry pouted. Snape grinned. “Fine. Wear black robes.”
 
“Glad you see my way.”
 
Harry turned to head out of the room, but as soon as his finger tips brushed the knob, Snape's hand caught his and brought him back. “Our wedding will be one you will always remember, Harry,” Snape gently spoke as he brought Harry close to his body. “Though I cannot give you the extravagant festivity you've been hoping for, I've been working relentlessly to make arrangements for a small celebration in which we can enjoy ourselves. Alas we may be unable to partake in some of the more modern activities, but there will be entertainment for our guests nonetheless. However, Harry, it's the reality of being married to you that will make all the difference for me,” Snape held Harry's gaze for an intense five seconds before he spoke again. “You locked the door.”
 
Damn Occlumency, thought Harry.
 
“It does come in handy though, you must admit, Harry.” Snape released Harry then unlocked the door. “Come before the Headmaster decides to seek us out.”
 
When Harry returned to the drawing room where Dumbledore and Fabio waited, Dumbledore quickly noted the addition of the tiara and the embroidered leaves. “You look like you're ready to make you vows,” said Dumbledore. “Speaking of which, have you prepared those?”
 
Snape nodded while Harry looked as if he'd never heard of such a thing. “We have to write our own vows?”
 
“When you finally pledge your love and faithfulness, Harry, what better way to do so other than in your own words?”
 
Harry suppressed the desire to let his jaw drop, but then he looked up at Snape who was staring down at him as if he was expecting such an answer. “You already wrote your vows, Severus?”
 
Snape nodded.
 
The man had made being ahead a habit anyways. Procrastination was Harry's preferred habit. “You needn't worry, Harry. You still have a little while to figure out what you are going to say.”
 
“I've never been to a wedding before, sir.”
 
“Ah…,” Dumbledore's eyes were twinkling again. “Well then, we'll be rest assured that whatever you say will have to come from the heart.”
 
Harry nodded and Dumbledore got up. “Now if you'd excuse me. Fabio and I have to talk a bit about a few things. Minerva and I need some adjustment to the robes we already have, Good day.” Dumbledore and Fabio were gone.
 
When Harry thought everything was over for the day, Snape spoke again, “Do not procrastinate on your vows, Harry. The vows you will pledge to me will reflect you and your intended actions of loyalty and… love,” why did it seem that the word was so difficult for Snape to grasp?
 
Snape turned away from Harry and walked towards his lab again, however, this time he did not close the door. Harry walked passed the lab to retrieve his clothes and change out of his gown. When Harry managed to finish dressing, he heard Snape's voice from across the hall. “Leave the gown on the bed and come hither, Harry.”
 
Harry did so at once.
 
“I believe you owe me a list of invites.”
 
“Oh, yes,” Harry took out the list of friends he wished to invite. “And Severus… I was wondering…”
 
“Black's presence is risky, Harry, you know that,” said Snape while he examined his caldron.
 
“But… what if he stays in his Animagus form?”
 
“That is still a little risky.”
 
“What if we take Angelus along too? That way… it wouldn't look so odd having a black dog there.”
 
“We might as well recruit that Hippogriff and Fang as well,” said Snape sarcastically. “I have other plans for Angelus.”
 
Harry's head tilted. “What sort of plans?”
 
Snape only looked over his shoulder and grinned. Then, Harry felt something scaly moving pass his hand. He jerked to the side to allow Angelus to pass through. In her mouth, she was carrying what looked like a bucket of worms. “What are those?”
 
“Ingredients I need for a potion, Harry,” Angelus set the bucket down and turned back to Harry. Since she hadn't seen the boy in ages, she nestled her head against Harry's stomach and roared lightly, “Aaarrreeeee….”
 
Harry smiled and petted her head. “Angelus…”
 
“She's been rather useful. Hagrid often finds things in the Dark Forest that would be useful potion ingredients, however, I've been busy as of late so I cannot go and pick them up. Angelus has been playing delivery dragon.”
 
“You're such a good girl,” Harry said to his dragon.
 
“She's also getting rather big and doesn't quite fit on the couch like she used to.”
 
Harry looked up. “We can't get rid of her.”
 
“I never said we were going to. I just wanted to suggest that we release her into the Dark Forest. She may come and go as she pleases, but she's getting far too big to for my quarters. She needs to be out in the open where she can learn to fly and hunt like nature intended.”
 
“But she won't go too far away… right?”
 
“That depends on her.” Snape set down his potion and walked over to Harry. He took the folded parchment out of Harry's hand which contained the list of invites and placed it in his own pocket. He then looked into Harry's eyes again. Harry however quickly closed them then looked away. “No need for that. I found what I needed.”
 
Harry narrowed his eyes at Snape. “I wish you'd stop doing that.”
 
“Then learn to close your mind,” Snape's lips brush against Harry's cheeks. “You have something I need.”
 
Harry didn't hear him however, for he was far too lost in the lingering effect of Snape's endearment. Snape laid his lips on Harry's, but held them ever so still. Harry pressed harder, wondering what Snape was trying to do. Then he felt a hand moving into his pocket. Harry pulled away quickly, “Wait! I can explain!”
 
Snape withdrew the ring he had given Harry at the beginning of the school year; Harry's engagement ring. Snape held it in his hand and then walked away. “Severus…”
 
“I need the ring for now, Harry.”
 
“For what?”
 
Instead of answering Harry's question, Snape said, “Don't you have studying to do?”
 
Narrowing his eyes just slightly, Harry nodded then left Snape's quarters.
 
A/N: I know I forgot something in this chapter, but I couldn't remember what. Oh well. Maybe when I remember, I'll just stick it in another chapter. Please review! And sorry if I made Harry seems a bit girly…