InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Dragon Half Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Words Worth Fan Fiction / Battle Angel Alita Fan Fiction ❯ On the Run ❯ Implosion ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

On the Run

By: bsmart (a.k.a. Tiek Mo Shet)

Disclaimer: Why the hell am I writing this? Nobody reads them and they have no legal weight. It's a complete waste of time and bandwidth and yet I'm still typing. If you're under the legal age where ever you are don't read this, but since you're going to anyways at least don't let your mommy catch you. This fic is very much NC-17.

Note: This is an Orange League fic. To be honest I don't know a damn thing about pokemon and I want to keep it that way. If I make a dumb mistake feel free to point it out. I've done as much research as I can into this to keep it consistent with what seems to be the accepted canon of the pokegirl world. Also no one that I know of has done anything with the Orange League so I'm making it up as I go along.

"…" Normal Speech

`…' Thought

Chapter 1: Implosion

`That's a lot of blood,' he thought as he watched his father's headless, and right handless body topple backwards onto his mothers' bed. Of course he knew that there was a lot of pressure in the blood vessels near the heart and that the human body had more then a gallon of the stuff in it, still, watching these cold facts sprayed across a room that he had many fond memories in was something that took him aback for a moment.

As a blood stain started to spread across the comforter he took a moment to reflect on his feelings, or rather his lack of them. `After all the shit that drunk put me through and I don't feel a damn thing now that he's dead.' Sighing heavily Nikolas Kirov cleaned off his sword with a corner of the bed sheet and reflected on the things that had led to the point of him contemplating the best way to dispose of his father's body.

For as long as he could remember his father had been a drunk, when he wasn't wasted, he was trying to get wasted, and barring those he was sleeping. In retrospect it wouldn't have been so bad, if his father had been a quiet or a happy drunk, but he wasn't, he was a mean, surly, violent son of a bitch who only got worse as the proof went up. Again, he might have been able to deal with it if his father had directed it at him, but he hadn't, he opened fire on the other four members of the house, the one's who couldn't deal with it.

Nikolas was the son of a pokewoman, a Lupina named Yerella to be exact. Normally a pokewoman as strong and rare as a Lupina would never have been kept as a pet but Yerella had a problem, she had a lame left leg. She hadn't been born that way, once she had been a strong pokegirl fighter who had been carrying her tamer towards a League championship, until she'd been severely wounded in a pokebattle that she soon lost. Her new owner had done nothing for her injury besides stuff her back inside her pokeball. Even with the ball's sustainment her injury had gotten worse. By the time her new tamer had released her and had taken her to a pokecenter for healing it was too late, her leg was useless for anything besides standing. She couldn't run, she couldn't pivot, she couldn't do a thing besides walk with it. Her tamer sold her off immediately to the nearest breeder, one Azusa Misaki near Trella, where she was spotted by the young heir to the Kirov fortune, Pytr, the man whose body had finally stopped twitching on the bed. On that day Pytr had also purchased the other pokegirl that Nikolas had come to call mother, Lana, a Titmouse.

According to his mothers Pytr had already been a heavy drinker when he bought them; it only got worse with time. He wasn't abusive at first, merely indifferent, he only truly became abusive after Yerella had undergone her second puberty, became a pokewoman, and bore him a son, Nikolas. Four years afterwards Lana underwent the same transformation and gave birth to a pair of twin girls, Isabella and Edora. More so then anything these two girls brought out Pytr's rage, no one seemed to know the reason but it quickly became common knowledge around the house that when Pytr had been drinking it was best for the girls to disappear.

The Kirovs had once been a well known and respected family with a fortune that they had maintained since before Sukebe's madness had swept away the old world. They had even managed to retain the fortune through the destruction of the Orange continent. Approximately one hundred and fifty years ago Nikolas' great, great grandfather had moved out to the frontier and had established a trading post that eventually grew into the town of Trella. Unfortunately, through a combination of bad luck and Threshold this branch of the Kirovs had been reduced down to Pytr and then Nikolas, and Pytr had managed to ruin whatever respect the family had and reduce their fortune from millions of credits down to a few hundred thousand.

`And now I've finished off what little respect we had left.' Nikolas left the bedroom and headed back towards his room, as he did he reflected on some of his "fonder" memories of his late father.

On his first day of sixth grade coming home to his father beating both his mothers while his sisters cowered in a corner. Afterwards both of his mothers had obediently served his father all night as he had watched television.

Having his father suggest that for his eighteenth birthday he take one of his "Soon to be a pokewhore" sisters out and tame her. He'd only avoided that because his father had passed out on the way to his sisters' room.

Making it into the civil engineering program of Trella University, one of only three such programs in the entire league, only to come home and have his father inform him that "He didn't give a damn how he wasted his life, so long as he got the hell out of house when he graduated."

And then there was his sister's starting Threshold last week within hours of each other, as soon as the first signs had appeared his father had exploded, hitting anyone who got within striking distance and cursing everyone that wasn't. He'd been almost certain that the bastard was going to kill one of them and had forced his father out of the house. It was four days before they saw him again and the girls Threshold had completed, turning them into an identical pair of Titmice, just like their mother.

When he got to his room he tossed the sword, now in it's scabbard, down onto his bed and he dropped into his chair. When he'd come home that day the only thing he'd wanted to do was relax and do his best to forget what a complete moron his solids professor was, instead he'd been greeted at the gate by his smiling father. Immediately he knew something was wrong, he just didn't know how bad it was going to be.

His father fell into step beside him and said merrily, "Well, I got rid of those two little rats today."

Nikolas looked at his father in abject horror, `No, no he couldn't.'

His father took no notice as they walked in the front door, "I sent that howler and the breeder off too, figured I'd trade them for something younger, a little less worn."

`He can.'

"I would have picked something out tonight but that bastard Azusa closed at four and wouldn't let me. Told me to go home and come back in the morning to pick out some replacements as a trade. Ha! You should have seen the look on his face when I brought those bitches back to him, didn't give me much for them but wha……what's wrong with you," he asked as he finally noticed that his son had stopped and was now staring at the floor. "What the hell's wrong with you?" When his son looked back up at him he saw nothing in the eyes of the boy.

Nikolas couldn't believe it, after everything, after all the years of torment, just when it seemed things couldn't worse, the universe finds a way to kick you in the teeth while you're down. As he looked up at his father he felt rage beginning to overcome him, only there was no enthusiasm with it, nothing anyone would recognize as emotion, just a hatred that was ingrained into every part of his psyche. "You sold my mother," he asked slowly.

"Yeah, now forget about the bitch, tomorrow I'll pick out another toy and if you spare me the shit tonight I'll get you something to play with as well."

"I'll save you the trouble," said Nikolas as he headed towards his room.

"Whatever," with that his father headed towards his mothers' former room.

After tossing his pack onto his bed Nikolas took a moment to consider his options. Moving with quiet deliberation Nikolas went into the main hall of the house and removed one of the swords that hung there, one of a matched pair of daos that had been in the family for more then a century before Sukebe had come, `It's some how fitting that I use this sword for this chore.' While he had no formal training in their use he doubted he would need any to dispatch one old drunk.

When he had found his father the old man had raised his right arm in a futile attempt to ward off the blow as it fell, it proved useless and his right hand joined his head as it fell toward the bed.

Nikolas looked over at the sword resting on his bed, `Still razor sharp after more then four hundred years, definitely an heirloom. Now what do I do?' His family had been sold to the local pokefarm and his father's dead body was lying in a room across the house. The first problem was solvable rather easily, quite illegally, but easily, it was just going to cost a lot. The second was the troublesome one; there was virtually nothing that he could do with the body that wouldn't attract the attention of a police Growlie or the like. Burning it, dissolving it, chop it up and burying it, any one of them would make a smell that would bring the cops down on him. Also, he'd be at the top of the suspect list when his father turned up missing. There weren't many people who would care but one of the few that might would be sure to report his disappearance. `Probably a bartender or something, I know I'd hate to lose that payday,' he sighed audibly, `The only way to avoid this is to make it look like an accident, but an accidental beheading?'

He sat there staring at nothing for several minutes until the answer presented itself. `It's not like I can stay here anymore anyway, there will be an investigation regardless of what I do, I have no alibi, lots of motive, and nothing plausible is going to accidentally sever someone's head. Even if I did dodge the murder rap there's no way I could get the girls back, they won't sell a mother to her son or a sister to a brother. I suppose the best I can do is to slow them down and hope for a big head start.'

Moving quickly Nikolas began to strip his house of anything he might find useful, his first stop was the basement. In a dark corner there was a locker containing some more heirlooms of the family, keying in the code he had found in the bottom of his late fathers sock drawer years ago the door popped open with a hiss of escaping nitrogen. Inside were a set of weapons last used in the closing days of Sukebe's war. Nikolas had used one of the pair of matching pistols before, when his late grandfather had come to the estate, he hadn't made use of the pulse rifle though, his grandfather had said that was a lesson for a later date, a date that had never come. `Can't be too different from using the pistols.' He slung the rifle and the pistols in their belt over his shoulder, he raked all the ammo boxes in the locker into a bag that had been hanging in there as well, the final set of things into the bag were the manuals in their hermetically sealed pouches and a cleaning kit.

Returning to his room he dropped the weapons and ammo onto the bed next to the sword, his empty school bag, and a pair of duffel bags he yanked out from under the bed. He rapidly packed up the weapons along with as many changes of clothes for him, his mothers, and his sisters, he could cram into the duffels, as well as his laptop. He finished things off by collecting the spare money his father kept around the house, nearly three thousand credits, along with all the alcohol in the house north of 120 proof.

With everything in order he left the bags in the foyer and grabbed his bike for a trip into town. His arrival at the bank raised no suspicion, after all, he did all of the family's banking, his father was rarely in a state suitable for financial management.

"How may we help you today master Kirov," asked the Titmouse behind the counter.

"I need to make a rather sizeable withdrawal, my father has decided to buy himself some new pokegirls and he wishes to pay in cash."

If this fazed the Titmouse she didn't bother to show it as she slid a withdrawal form across the counter, "Just fill this out and we'll get you the money."

`I can't believe it's going to be this easy,' he thought as he filled it out, `Still, I suppose I've run the money for the last five years so why would they question it.'

When he slid the form back across the Titmouse let out a small "Eep," of surprise, "This is a rather sizeable withdrawal."

"Well my father has his eyes on a pair of rather rare breeds."

"Ahhh, well here you go," she said as she began counting bills. She kept counting for several minutes, "Twenty four,….., twenty four five,…….., twenty five thousand, there you go."

"Thank you, you've been most helpful."

"Have a good day," she called after him.

As he unlocked his bike and began to ride of he whispered, "Twenty five out of six hundred and fifty, it can't be helped."

He arrived fairly quickly at Trella University's dorms and made his way to where one of the few people he could actually call a friend lived. Antoni Stewart was a computer science major who had been putting himself through college in a rather unorthodox manner. Nikolas had befriended him out of necessity in a class they had together, Antoni wrote code in his sleep and Nikolas could calculate concrete stresses in his head, together they had made it through their modeling methods class with an A after only showing up to about half a dozen sessions. After that the pair had maintained a fairly close relationship, nothing most people would consider to be best friends, but it worked.

"Antoni, open up, NOW!"

As usual it was not actually Antoni who opened the door but his pet Goth, Alexa, "Oh, it's you," she drawled.

"I'm not in the mood shorty, where's Toni?"

"In the bathroom, probably jacking off."

"Figures, I don't imagine you'd be much of a lay," Nikolas replied with a wan smile, the sarcastic little Goth rarely let down her guard around people and Nikolas actually enjoyed verbally sparing with her, just not now.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she replied with a thin smile.

"Keep back talking guests like this and I just might let him find out," intoned Antoni as he emerged from the bathroom.

"Hollow threats."

"Antoni I need your help right now."

"Well that's a fine how do you do," the computer science major said.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I need you to make me some new I.D. right now."

Noticing the slightly panicked look in his friend's eyes, Antoni's smirk evaporated. "What's the matter, somebody die?"

Nikolas' slight uneasiness at the mention of death didn't go unnoticed, "You're better off not knowing."

As Antoni sat down at his workstation he said, "Look, I'll make this for you, hell, I won't even charge you for it, I just wanna know why you need it all of a sudden."

"Trust me, you don't wanna know."

"Is that so, well there's nothing stopping me from talking while I work right?" Not seeing any argument from Nikolas he went on, "Alright then, Alexa!"

"I'm right here retard, no need to shout."

"Oh, then could you get me some card blanks?"

"Fine," she muttered as she went to a closet.

Booting up his computer Antoni asked, "Now what is it you need, exactly?"

Relaxing slightly Nikolas said, "I need a new ident card, one with a background. Something good enough to hold up to inspection by the police."

"Ouch, I think you're taking that freebie offer a little too seriously."

"Come on, you know me, I wouldn't ask for this if I didn't need it."

"Alright, alright," he murmured as he called up several programs onto his screen. Alexa came up behind him and handed him a plastic wrapped stack of blanks. "Oh, thanks honey. Now be a love and take Nik's picture ok?"

"Fine," she said as she picked up a camera and pointed it at her target.

"What, no cheese?"

The Goth gave him a disbelieving stare, "What are you, ten," and then snapped a picture.

"No sense of humor."

"We're not getting paid so you don't get any of the extras," she droned.

As the picture appeared on one of his screens, Antoni said, "So, do you have a preference for names?"

"Nicholas, normal spelling, Seward."

"Alright, now we'll give Mr. Seward some color," Antoni worked rapidly, giving Nikolas' new identity a few minor run ins with the law, nothing major, just a few youthful indiscretions. "So, I'm guessing whatever happened it's pretty bad huh?" Getting no response he pressed on, "I'm betting this has something to do with your dad."

"I suppose you could say that."

"Well then, you're not running away, no need for a new identity for that, you're old enough to just leave if you wanted, and you're planning on having to deal with the cops, which means you probably did something illegal."

"You talk too much."

"Do I?"

"Yes, you do," Alexa interjected.

"I'm a stunning conversationalist, anyways, done." As the printer started to spin up Antoni asked, "So, need anything else?"

"Actually yeah, I need a pair tamer's licenses, class two if you can swing it. One of the with the Seward name the other with the same first name, last name Wingate"

Antoni and his pokegirl stared at Nikolas for several moments, it was Antoni who spoke first, "This is really bad isn't it?"

"Yeah, really bad."


"Is everyone ok?"

"No."

Antoni was starting to look very worried, "Who's not ok?"

"If I tell you you're going to have to tell the police or get in deep shit."

"I just made a fake ident card for a felon, and I'm about to hack the League and set him up with a class two tamer's license. We're already way past deep shit."

"Fine, maybe this will teach you to stop asking questions, the drunk's dead, I killed him." Nikolas' deadpan delivery of the news and the look in his eyes as he said it left little doubt as to his honesty."

"I…uh…uh…what happened?"

Alexa had a different response to the news, "We're boned."

"He sold my family to the ranch outside of town."

"Izzy and Dorie too," asked the pokegirl.

"Yeah, all of them."

"I don't know what to say, I'm sorry," said Antoni as he turned back to his keyboard, "So I'm guessing that's the reason for the license."

"Yeah, even with a class three pet owner license I could only buy back three of them. I need a tamer's license to get all four of them."

"Ok, I'll do it, but this is gonna take a while. This ain't like police records, it's not just some list file attached to your record. Everything in the damn League computer is cross referenced all to hell and back, and I have to change everything between continuity checks, otherwise something won't match up and then they'll be on to us."

"Just how long is this gonna take?"

"Figure an hour, maybe two. Look, there's a store down near the pokecenter. It's where I get everything for Alexa, go there and tell the owner that I sent you. I've done some work for him so if you show him this," Antoni handed Nikolas a simple business card, "he should hook you up with what you need."

"Make sure you get everything to look like a real tamer, a pokedex and all that. Some camping supplies too," Alexa instructed.

"Yeah, I will."

As the pair watched Nikolas leave Alexa said to Antoni, "After he gets those licenses we'll never see him again will we."

"I doubt it."

"He's throwing a lot away by doing this."

"I don't think he sees it that way."

"You're probably right."

Nikolas found the store, right where Alexa said it would be, and just like Antoni said, the shop keeper gave him no problem. An hour and a half later and forty five hundred credits poorer Nikolas left the store with a pokedex, four anti-capture collars, six pokeballs, and what he hopped were enough camping supplies to last them for a few weeks. Hauling three backpacks back to Antoni's wasn't easy but Nikolas managed it and Alexa greeted him at the door. The little Goth looked more melancholy then usual, and Antoni wasn't looking so cheery either.

The college student held up a plastic coated card and handed it to Nikolas. "Nicholas Wingate, tamer second class. He got his license nine months ago and did fairly well for himself. Captured himself his limit within a month and applied for a class two license, got it first try too. Maxed it out at an even dozen just last month. Sold off ten of them to a ranch over near Laptown, then he got his ass in trouble, got bushwhacked by a couple of thieves on the road here and lost all his stuff. I reckon he figures it might be time for him to get started again."

"That it is. This all cool?"

"Oh yeah, it's all filed, right down to a police report of the theft."

"Excellent," Nikolas said as he slid the license into the new pokedex and waited for it to download. "I can't thank you enough for this."

"Don't worry about it; I had nothing better to do." Antoni watched as his friends shoulders slumped, "Hey, don't get down, you've still got things ya gotta do right?"

Taking a deep breath and then releasing it Nikolas replied, "Yeah, I've still gotta get everything together and get over to the ranch before it opens in the morning. I just…I'm just tired."

Alexa smiled and laid a hand on his forearm, "Go get some sleep, and in the morning, go get your mothers and sisters back."

Nikolas smiled and patted the girl on the head, "Yeah, I'll do that shorty." Both of them were distracted as Antoni returned to his desk to pick something up. Turning back Nikolas placed a wad of bills in Alexa's hand. "Here's three thousand, it's all I can spare at the moment."

The Goth nodded her head and hid the money in her dress as Antoni returned. "I almost forgot," he placed a small blue card in Nikolas' hand, "It's a pass card, it should minimize any trouble you have getting out of the League."

"Thanks, I just don't know what to say."

"Don't worry about it; just take care of your family."

"I will," he paused as he laid his hand on the door, "I'm gonna miss you guys."

"Yeah, we'll miss you too."

"Maybe," muttered Alexa with a grin.

Nikolas gave them both his best smile and stepped out the door.

Antoni called after him, "Hey!"

"Yeah?"

"The bastard had it coming."

Nikolas nodded and shut the door behind him.

The trip home was quiet, by the time he'd left Antoni and Alexa's it was already getting dark, by the time he got home the stars were out in all their glory. The first thing he did was reorganize the supplies into a different pack for everyone, making sure that they each got all the clothes that belonged to it's future owner along with plenty of food and a medical kit. He kept the swords and pulse rifle in his pack and deposited everything at the front door.

`One last thing to do before I go,' he thought as he sat down at hi desk for one last time, and pulled out a sheet of paper and a pen. Over the next hour he did the best he could to explain to the rest of his family what he'd done. He'd never been close to the part of his family that lived in and around Queenstown, he'd never even seen most of them, still his sense of duty compelled him too give them the reason he was about to drag their good name through the mud. Hopefully they'd be able to recover the money that was left in the bank and lay claim to the estates six hundred acres.

`Time to leave.' Returning to the foyer her dropped the letter on top of his pile of stuff and retrieved several of the bottles of booze that were sitting in there from earlier. Hefting one of them he noted with irony that it was his father's favorite. Walking into the bedroom he doused his father's body with the liquor. Making his way through the house he spread alcohol everywhere and tossed anything flammable he could fined onto the floor. To finish the job he took out a half dozen shallow pans and filled them with alcohol to the brim. He took them to different points in the house and placed them in little nests made out of crumpled up newspaper and doused in the contents of a can of paint thinner he had found down stairs. To complete his timer's he place a candle in each pan, according to the label on the box they were supposed to take ten hours to burn down, given how much of the candle was submerged in the alcohol Nikolas figured he had about nine hours before the flames made it to the booze. `Should start burning about ten tomorrow morning, gives me about two hours to get mom and the girls and get out of here.'

Giving the house he had grown up in one last look around Nikolas quickly ran around the house lighting all six candles, he scooped up all the bags in the foyer, locked the door, and rode off into the night. The ranch was about an hours ride away.

Author's Notes (a.k.a. My feeble attempt to explain away how much this sucked.) V1 Beta

Acknowledgements:

Notes:

1) With this story I'm trying to avoid the love at first sight with a good hearted tamer cliché that seems to be fairly common. I'm shooting for it mostly being a combination of a business arrangement and responsibility at first. I'm also trying to deal with some of the darker possibilities of the pokegirl world. Nikolas won't be the perp, I couldn't keep writing the story if he was, but he and the girls will run into the nasty underbelly of the Orange League from time to time.

2) Is Nikolas' harem to advanced to be realistic? I don't know, in the Orange League I crafted evolved pokegirls are more common and let's be honest, most stories aren't about average Joes, they're about people with something special about them.

3) All Nikolas' girls, save his family, are from either an anime, manga, or there exists a picture of them somewhere. While I used their appearances and personalities I ditched any of their background that wouldn't easily fit into their roles as pokegirls. If you don't recognize a girl, shoot me an e-mail and I can provide more info and a pic.

Feedback: bsmartfanfic@yahoo.com

bsmartfanfic@hotmail.com

Wanna yell at me in person? Come on over and bitch me out: http://s87753679.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php?act=idx

You don't need to tell me I suck, I'm well aware of that.