InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Spirit ❯ Kagome's Abduction ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"YEA! I did it! I'll let you finish the rest, Inu-Yasha!" Shippo turns around to go back to Kagome, only to see a swirl of electricity in front of him. Suddenly he is face to face with Tantalus.

Before he can react, Shippo gets knocked across the head with Tantalus' staff. He sheathes it again, as Shippo flies to the side, unconscious. He then turns back to Inu-Yasha.

"Alright, Inu-Yasha. You leave me no choice."

He holds his hand out directly at the bush that Kagome is hiding behind. Once again, the wire flies out, heading for Kagome at blinding speeds.

`No! He's going after Kagome!' With no time to react, Inu-Yasha does the only thing he can think of.

"KAGOME!!! GET OUT OF THERE!!!" Inu-Yasha shouts at the top of his lungs. He leaps for Tantalus, only to be greeted by another bolt from the staff in his hand to Inu-Yasha's chest, which sends him back to the ground.

`Damn it, I can't even get near him…'

Kagome sees the wire coming, but only runs a couple steps before it catches her, and begins to real her in. Tantalus gives off a smile as he gains the upper hand.

"Inu-Yasha! Help!!!" She cries, as she continues to get pulled closer to him.

"You bastard! Leave her out of this!" Inu-Yasha shouts.

"Sorry, little whelp, but I'm afraid this is how it's going to be. I'm taking the girl with me back to my home, you're going to follow me there, and we're going to finish this on my homeland, and on my terms. I advise you to bring the shards, as well." He throws his hand back, and Kagome flies toward him, the wire rewrapping itself as she comes closer.

He catches her with one arm, and uses that arm to hold her up. He then spreads his wings out, and takes off high into the air. Inu-Yasha picks up his sword and sheaths it, then immediately begins to follow as best he can, running at top speed trying to keep up with Kagome and her captor.