InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ What A Wonderfull Life ❯ The Journey Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two:
The Journy Begins

Kagome quickly packed her things into a large leather suitcase. Okay, two large leather suitcases, putting all her neccessities in their. She slammed the lid of the suitcase shut and rolled them over to the door. 'Wish this stupid letter would have came earlier but no!! Give me a day's notice why don't ya?' she growled menacingly in her head.

She heard a knock on the door that brought her out of her growling match in her mind and down to earth. "Kagome? Can I come in, Hun?" Kagome winced. Whenever he mother said 'Hun,' it meant a long boring lecture from her over protective mother. Kagome opened the door and her mother swept in and sat down on the unmaid bed.

Kagome sat indian-style beside her and smiled. "What can I do ya for?" She said laughingly.

Mrs. Higurashi smiled but sighed thoughtfully. "Maybe I should tell you about Hogwarts and some of the magical legends?" Kagome simply nodded, not wanting to let loose the ugly monster in her head ready to rip her mother's head off.

Mrs. Higurashi sighed again and ran a hand through her dark black hair. "Alright. First Hogwarts has four groups. Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor. I was in Gryffindor my self but anyways, you get awarded housepoints during classes and such. The classes include: History of Magic, Charms, Divination, Transfiguration, Potions, and Defense Against The Dark Arts." Kagome nodded as her mother paused, closing her eyes.

"The legends," Mrs. Higurashi said more quietly this time, "are more difficult. Like the prophecy. There was a prophecy that said there would be someone who would kill the Dark Lord. Lord Voldemort." Shivers ran down her spin as she said it and Kagome could see it easily.

"So, who is this 'Lord Volde-" Mrs. Higurashi shushed her, a shocked and scared look on her face.

"HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED!!" Mrs. Higurashi said urgently.

"He used to be a school student at Hogwarts till he became so engrossed with the Dark Arts, that he turned his back on the wizarding community and started to kill off muggles. Oh, muggles are non-magical people." Kagome nodded and saw that her mother was done. She nodded again and stood up, pacing the room.

"So I have to go there why?"

"Because I was a witch."

"Oh." Kagome said plopping down against the wall and sighing. She closed her eyes. Images flashed through her mind. Bloody, gorey, and disgusting images of her disformed friends. Dead. Kagome's eyes started to leak tears.

Mrs. Higurashi sat by her daughter and rocked her, rubbing her back and humming to her. "Hunny, they died valaintly. Be proud. Besides there are plenty of wonderful witches and wizards at Hogwarts. As I remmeber, many HOT wizards." They laughed till Kagome glanced at her clock and paled.

"OH SHIT I'M LATE!!" Kagome screamed. Mrs. Higurashi looked up and quickly grabbed the bags, shouting behind her as she walked down the stairs, "GET A MOVE ON!!"

Kagome ran down the stairs a coat over her shoulder and grabbed the plane ticket. '10 hrs. till I meet my new schoolmates and I see my new life.
________________________________________________________________< br>