InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My best friend is Naraku ❯ Present day ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Since moving in with Kagura, Kana, Naraku and Kaze, my training been step up. A lot. Sesshomaru has finally forgiven me after two days of personal training with him. Rin is still teasing me about all the odd positions Sesshomaru and I end up in whenever she interupts our sparring. She always giggled and asked if we were mating. I then proceed to chase her and scream at her to hold still long enough for me to kill her. It was fun. Only one bad thing occurred during my stay...Snarl was killed by my mother in revenge for my escape. Sesshomaru and Kaze killed her in return. They warned my sister that any retaliation will result in something worse than death. I got a new pet: a silver fox named "Sly". He is very intelligent and protective of Naraku and I. He will never replace Snarl in my heart, but I learn to love him just as much. We had to get a bigger bed for the three of us. Since I found out about Snarl being killed, I been unable to sleep by myself without going into a depression and screaming half the night. The family joke is that Naraku is going to one day mate with me if I don't watch it. We then moved to a cabin given to us by Kagura and Kana.
We are now in high school together. Everyone here doesn't know about our past lives. Since the move from the cabin on Kagura's and Kana's a year ago, Naraku and I share a cabin in the woods along the city. It took us two hours of negotiations with Kaze and Sesshomaru to allow us and Rin to live there. She wanted to move in with us and that was fine because of the space. While at school, we meet Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Kikyo, and more. Kikyo and Kagome are Mikos as well. Kagome is a pure Miko (ones who can heal anyone-demon or not) with a kind heart while Kikyo is a snob (she just like my ex-sister). Kagome and I like comparing our powers and training with our friends while Kikyo always put us down. Naraku, Rin, and I keep our living arrangement somewhat a secret. We say we're living in a cabin, but just not that we're by ourselves. Kaze, Kagura and Sesshomaru come in to act as our "parents". Everyone caught on fast that Rin and I were friends with powerful demons, and some were in awe while others, like Kikyo, found that a reason to hate us. Kikyo likes to try to seduce Naraku, but that never works out. She and he may be in the same "social" circle, but they are opposites when it come to personal life. She also tries her luck with Inuyasha. That works...Poor Kagome. It always fun seeing Miroku and Sango flirt, though.
"Henti!!" shrieks Sango, snapping me out of my inner thoughts.
"But my love," says Miroku. "My hand just slipped."
"Yeah, right," snarls Sango and she raises her hand.
"Miss Sango," says a voice, Mr. Vion (English teacher). "Please put your hand down and sit down. Miroku, I do hope I don't have to give you detention again."
"Heh. Heh," Miroku chuckles softly as he and Sango sit down and face forward.
The day seems to drone on and on. *Ring* Yay! Lunch time. I dash out and sit at the table where Kagome, Rin, Sango, and Miroku are. Naraku sits with Inuyasha, Koga, and Shippo at the table next to us.
"oh, Inuyasha," a whinny voice says over the commotion. Oh, goody. It's the slut, Kikyo. Not only is she a snob, but she is as innocent as a whore. Inuyasha is the one of the few men who still are under her "I'm so innocent and picked on" spell. I'm still trying to convince Kagome that Inuyasha is a lost cause, but Koga and Shippo are available and good choices. Rin and the others always seem to snort and quote Kagome's fav. phrase: "But true love will win in the end."
"Hey, babe," says Inuyasha. I am gagging behind his back and mock Kikyo. Everyone watching me are giggling. I basically act out all of Kikyo's act as she drones on about the Homecoming dance.
"And I'll wear that new kimono," she says. "If you need a date Naraku, my friend Yumi is free."
*Snort*"Only when hell freezes over," responds Naraku. "I'm going to take Anna."
"That nobody," says a shocked Kikyo. This sould be interesting...better get ready for..."How can you? If you want to take someone not popular, at least pick someone who's beautiful."
I stiffen my spine, get up, and face her. The words that come out surprise everyone, even me.
"Better ugly then a whore, slut" I say coldly and then I turn sharply and exit the cafeteria with the grace of a queen. As the door close, I hear the cafeteria break into applause. Guess everyone want someone to take her down a peg.
After school, I had to dash out to get away from my admirers. Jeez. Insult someone correctly and you seem to become very popular.
"I'm telling on you," giggle Rin.
"Your my hero," flirts Naraku as he bats his eyes at me.
"Grow up, you two," I growl at them. "Jeez. Do you really want me to go with you to the Homecoming dance, Nara-chan?"
"Yep," Naraku says cheerfully. "I even got Kaze to send us money to spend for it. Rin, you're coming with because Sess-sama did the same thing."
*Groan*
"I don't want to go," says Rin sadly. "No one has asked me."
"Ask Shippo," I say to her.
"Why?" they ask.
"He likes you, duh," I respond. "Oh, my favorite store. Shopping time!"
Now, Naraku groans.