InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My best friend is Naraku ❯ Going to Suna and then coming back to a destroyed home ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Next day~
We wake up and leave the apartment. We all meet at the gate at the edge of Konoha. Our Konoha friends had to get permission from the Hokage: Tsunade. That was a strained affair because she didn't want so many Genin and Chuunin. She also didn't want Kakashi to be unavailable again. That was no problem because we suggest Iruka and found someone to take his place at the school. Itachi and Sesshomaru are now accepting of him once they heard and saw everything I read from Iruka's and Kakashi's mind. As a result, Kakashi gives all of us a wide berth if he can. As for Sakura, she is still unconscious when she tried to slap Rin and hurt me. Our lovers didn't like that. Naruto has gotten over his crush when he saw Sakura hurt his friends. Lee is now waiting for Sakura to wake up because Sasuke was able to finally learn and use the Mangekyou Sharingan.
“Morning!” I yell as I wave to them. Sango waves back. Naruto, Iruka, Kagome, and Rin yell back, and everyone nods in greeting.
“Yeah!” yells Naruto. “Anna is here! We can finally go to Suna and see Kankurou & Temari”
And off we go…
~Suna (Land of Sand) ~
As we get closer to the city, the more withdrawn Gaara becomes. I don't like this and every time I try to talk to him about it he just shuts me out. Naruto asked once why I don't just read his mind and after slapping him for the disrespect I told him it was because Gaara was my mate. I don't invade people's mind just for the fun of it. Naraku is also upset. Late at night we have to deal with Gaara's nightmares as they come back in full force. Even Shukaku is affected. He has become agitated and snappy. Sleep is now a luxury for the three of us. Often Kaze or Sesshomaru had to help so I could at least get some sleep. We finally arrived at the gates of Suna. Two Anbu guards greet us and ask for the traveling papers. We are soon admitted and taken to the Kazekage's office. He is busy so we're told to wait outside the office.
“Temari!” shouts Naruto. “Kankurou! How are you two?”
“We're fine,” the blond woman says nervously. `I wonder why she's nervous.'
“Hey, Gaara,” says the teen. “Nice to see you, little brother.”
`Okay. I give.' “Why are you two nervous?” I ask. I feel Gaara tense next to me, but before either person could answer the office doors open and a man comes out.
“Looks like your back, Gaara,” growls the man. “Come on in…”
Naraku, Gaara, and I follow him into the office and everyone else stay out to keep people from entering the office. It looks more like a prison cell. I shift closer to Naraku and Gaara. I really don't like this room or this man.
“Is there something that needs to be discussed?” he asks after he sits down.
”Yes,” I say softly. “We're just here as a formality really. I married Gaara not to long ago…”
“What!” yells the Kazekage. “You married my son?!? He's a…”
“I know,” I interrupt him. “We meet Shukaku. He's tamed to some degree.”
“Good,” says the Kazekage. “Now he'll be a good shinobi for our village.”
“Oh, about that,” I say innocently. “He's coming home with us…”
What?” asks the Kazekage darkly as he gets up. “Let me guess. The only way to separate you two is death.”
He threw a kunai at me. It gets blocked by Naraku's barrier. A low growl is heard from the throats of my mates. The kunai falls onto the floor in what seems like slow motion as I watch the Kazekage's body get engulfed in sand and crushed. His body drops to the floor as the sand travels back to Gaara/Shukaku.
“Shukaku, dear,” I say sweetly as I pet him. “I love you. But you and Naraku cannot go killing everyone who tries to harm me. I could have handled it.”
“Don't know why not,” snorts Naraku.
“Where are his Anbu guards?” I ask.
“Banging on my shield,” says Naraku smugly. I feel the shield go down and a bunch of people come in.
“Aww,” whines Shippo. “We missed the excitement.”
“Everyone alright?” asks Kaze.
“We're fine,” I answer as more people come in.
“So, who's going to be the new Kazekage?” asks Naruto.
“Probably Temari or Kankurou,” answers Gaara.
“Who?” I ask.
“My brother and sister,” he answers as the teen I saw earlier and another enter the room. I think these two are Temari and Kankurou.
“Hey,” says Kankurou. “Who killed dad?”
“Dad?” I ask.
“Yes,” says Temari. “That was our father.”
“Is there more to this story?” asks Kaze.
“Yes,” says Kankurou and then he sigh. “Sit down. This may take awhile.”
I sit on Naraku's lap as Gaara sits next to us on the floor and lay his head on my lap. Rin sits in Sasuke's lap as Shippo sits next to them. Kagome sits on Koga's lap and Naruto is next to them. Sango sits with Neji. Itachi is sitting on Sesshomaru's lap while Kaze stands against the wall with Iruka. Kaze is stealing looks at Iruka which causes the poor man to blush occasionally. He may be getting over Kakashi and seeing if Iruka will be good to pursue. `Oh, he's starting the tale. Better listen up.'
~3 hours later~
`I think my tears are all cried out. What a horrible story.' I think to myself. `Not only that I think my legs are now dead from Gaara's grip. I wish that man was alive again just so I could strangle him.'
*Whimper* “Shh,” I coo at Gaara again for the…I think lost count after the 5,000,000th time we had to do this. Gaara would shrink at a particular bad memory as Kankurou brings it up. ~Crunching~ I glare at Naruto as he munches on popcorn. *Gulp* I decided to help with the telling by using my powers. It's like watching a movie now only in our minds. Naraku's shield around the office makes sure that no one attacks us while we are so vulnerable while I'm using this power. That's the downside of this power, but I always have someone around to protect me, usually Naraku.
“How awful,” Rin and Kagome cry as I sniff. “That's horrible.”
“If he wasn't already dead, I would kill him,” says Kaze with nods of confirmation from Itachi and Sesshomaru. A purr of approval leaves Naraku's throat as he also comforts Gaara. He laps Gaara's cheek and Gaara repays in kind.
“It's alright, koibito,” he murmurs. “He'll no longer bother you.”
“I killed like I did…” Gaara shudders.
“We know,” I murmur. “But both times you were defending something. First time was to defend your life and this time it was for mine. No one blames you or think you a monster.”
“Yeah,” says Rin and Kagome as the join us. Sango is staying back because she's still afraid of Gaara's demon.
“We know your real self,” says Kagome. “Besides would we be friends if I thought you were evil.”
Gaara's eyes widen as he looks up at my two best friends. They are calmly petting him. He leans closer to them and softly whimpers. Naraku and I watch in fascination. He is letting these two see this side of him. Koga and Shippo are closer now as well. They move slowly so as not to alarm Gaara or Shukaku.
“We're all still your friends, Gaara,” whispers Rin.
“Yeah, believe it!” shouts Naruto.
I chuckle. “See! You have true friends and family.”
>>Fast forward two days>>
“My feet hurt,” I whine and everyone glances at me. “What?!? They DO!”
“Do you want a piggyback ride?” snarls Shukaku/Gaara. “Fine.”
I get picked up roughly and placed on Sly's fox demon form's back. Sly's glances at me before rolling his eyes.
Happy?!?” says Shukaku/Gaara.
“Yes,” I squeak. “Why are you so upset?”
“I think it has to do with the way the villagers were treating you when they learned you were not only my mate, but his as well,” says Naraku. “I had to stop him from killing a lot of them.”
“Don't know why you did,” growls Shukaku/Gaara. “They called her a whore.”
“WHAT?!?” shouts Naruto. “They called Anna-sama a whore? Why I…”
“Enough, Naruto,” says Itachi. “They were dealt with.”
“Should have let me kill them all,” hisses Shukaku/Gaara.
“Let's just get back to Konoha,” says Sasuke.
“Teme,” growls Naruto.
“I don't know about you but I'm leaving Konoha,” says Neji. “Kagome and Anna broke the bond I have with the Hyuuga Main branch so I'm going to find a new home.”
He makes a quick glance at Sango who blushes. The two of them became very close during this trip and I can see a future for them. I glance over to Kaze and see him talking and flirting with Iruka. Iruka is blushing slightly, but is conversing with my “uncle”. Sesshomaru is walking close to his mate as Itachi is talking with Rin and Shippo about multiple matings. Koga is walking with them and helping Shippo explain the finer details of such a bonding. It'll be different then my equal mating because Shippo and Rin already mated. Kagome and Koga have mated, but I know they are waiting to talk with Kagome's mother about it. They may have a wedding. I think they also did a double mating with Naruto, but that speculation on my part. But I think I'm right. I been dropping hints to Kagome, but all I've been getting is: “Later, Anna. I want to get everything in order.”
“We're here!” shouts Naruto as he makes a mad dash to the gate.
Well, what's left of it. It's broken. The town seems to be in shambles. The scent of fire, blood, and fear circulates through the air. I shrink closer to Sly to hide my nose in his fur, but am plucked off of Sly's back by Naraku.
“What on Earth happened here?” asks Iruka.
Oro…chi…maru,” gurgles a voice under some rubble.
“Kakashi-sensei!” shouts Naruto.
We run to Kakashi. He is bleeding heavily and has multiple gashes. His Sharigan eye is slashed and useless.
“Everyone…was…killed,” Kakashi says haltingly. “He came from nowhere. No. He came in disguise. Attack quickly. He killed the other senin (sorry) first. Then the others. I tried to help, but Kabuto got me first. I'm…sorry. *coughs up blood* Aishiteru, Iruka…Kaze.”
“Kakashi,” says Iruka as he shakes the man. Tears start to fall. “Kakashi! KAKKAAASSSHIIII!!!”